xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 02:37 PM

yea i totally understand, you know why my cat is fat, because she dont have to walk much, my mom carry her around all the time, she is like her second baby

Dejection
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Dejection Send a message via Yahoo to Dejection

Old 08-10-2008, 02:38 PM

My cats are super loyal to me I don't know what you're talking about :P

xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 02:41 PM

really, maybe you cat is special, you know my cat never response my call if she is not hungry, i'm very sad for that

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-10-2008, 02:45 PM

I do have plans of eventually getting a cat.

And other stuff.

Then making them all grow together.

Like a litter of rabbits, dogs, kittens and what not. <3

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 PM

No offense I hope?...but I see overfeeding companion animals as a form of neglect. They can get serious health problems from being fat and they don't know any better or have control over what they eat.

Having said this, I used to have a dog with a weight problem. Thing is I fed her like I feed myself, which was a big mistake. Had to put her on a diet. I didn't even notice she was getting fat at first because she was long hairred.

I've seen some obese companion animals and sometimes it feels like their guardians are using food as some kind of symbol of affection and love. Some of them seem to eat for emotional reasons as well and extend this to their animals.

Some of them even get offended when you point out the overfeeding. I recall telling someone not to feed their cats so much and they got mad.
They had two overweight cats and four heaped bowls out at all times for the cats to eat from.
Another friend did put her cat on a diet after he started to take the same amount of space as two cats!. I haven't seen her for a while so not sure how it went. It would have better to prevent this, but I didn't see any point in being critical after the cat was already obese.

xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 PM

oh i just noticed that i went passed page 4, thanks all of you guys

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM

The thread I made on here hardly lasted at all and only got a few responses. Don't take it too personally, it happens.

Dejection
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Dejection Send a message via Yahoo to Dejection

Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM

I saw a 22 pound cat at the pet store and it was the cutest thing ever even though it was terribly unhealthy

xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
No offense I hope?...but I see overfeeding companion animals as a form of neglect. They can get serious health problems from being fat and they don't know any better or have control over what they eat.

Having said this, I used to have a dog with a weight problem. Thing is I fed her like I feed myself, which was a big mistake. Had to put her on a diet. I didn't even notice she was getting fat at first because she was long hairred.

I've seen some obese companion animals and sometimes it feels like their guardians are using food as some kind of symbol of affection and love. Some of them seem to eat for emotional reasons as well and extend this to their animals.

Some of them even get offended when you point out the overfeeding. I recall telling someone not to feed their cats so much and they got mad.
They had two overweight cats and four heaped bowls out at all times for the cats to eat from.
Another friend did put her cat on a diet after he started to take the same amount of space as two cats!. I haven't seen her for a while so not sure how it went. It would have better to prevent this, but I didn't see any point in being critical after the cat was already obese.
i understand what you mean, i am trying to lose weight for her by reduce amount of food every day,since i can't force her to exercise, hope it will work

xXcarly_sqzrXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 02:57 PM

guys i got to go to sleep now, it's nearly 1 here in australia, and thanks very much for the support and nice talking to you all

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 PM

My dog...

Well she's really not mine but she's been forgotten/disowned and left. So we took her in.

Actually her former owner lived with us but when she moved out, they didn't take her with them and said we needed a dog so did us charity by leaving Angel behind.

Then again, since she gave birth and had her daughter, my sister has ignored the dog already.

Anyway, Angel's asthmatic.

Sure you get her fat and right---perhaps overweight but I don't think she was.

Anyway, if you get her at a certain weight, she starts getting attacks and she can't breathe.

So now, we're not allowed to feed her more than once a day since if she gains weight, she starts going asthmatic.

Okay. Just verified. She wasn't overweight.

X_x;

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2008, 03:09 PM

Time for me to start buying event items with gold and see how far it goes. I have 10 stars just trying to raise more gold.. So I guess I better make sure I spend them too so I can use the extras for trading fodder.