Gwendolyr
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-23-2007, 05:54 PM

I would love to help out, but I don't know what you need help with. ^^' So when you say run a contest, you mean manage entries and stuff like that? Judging?

EDIT: I'm kinda going to bed now though, but I'll be checking tomorrow!

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 PM

Depends on what staff positions we need filled. Over the next few weeks we will be completeing everything.

@Me camping out for black friday, it was mostly for my BF cuz he's building a new computer and wanted parts on sale. He got a 22" moniter, ram, and a power supply. I bought my wacom tablet and 4 movies ^^

I've never been so cold in my entire life T-T

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-24-2007, 11:21 AM

I would just like to everyone to know (that is if they care), that I will not be on much in the near future.

My computer while it has been back from the repair lady for over a week now, it still isn't working properly. So the next week or so I will be limiting the time that I will be online significantly.

My only hope is that I get my computer back before Christmas. Although for some reason I doubt it.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-24-2007, 12:06 PM

Ack. Good luck with that, Daashi. :/

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 11-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Okay, everyone. I am starting to write up the questions for the trivia, and I need to figure out what the subject for Day Three's category should be.

So far I've received suggestions of Music, Anime/Manga, and Birthday Traditions.

Which of those do you guys like best?
(If you don't like any and want to suggest something else, go for it, but please check my post on page 14 that already lists categories).

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki
Okay, everyone. I am starting to write up the questions for the trivia, and I need to figure out what the subject for Day Three's category should be.

So far I've received suggestions of Music, Anime/Manga, and Birthday Traditions.

(If you don't like any and want to suggest something else, go for it, but please check my post on page 14 that already lists categories).
I would either go with Music or Birthday traditions. But then again I no absolutely nothing about Japanimation and tend to think that there are others like me out there.

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-25-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki

I would either go with Music or Birthday traditions. But then again I no absolutely nothing about Japanimation and tend to think that there are others like me out there.
i'm quite the opposite >.>

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Okay, so then one vote for Anime, and one vote for the Birthday stuff.

Anyone else~?
I suck at tie-breakers x.x;;

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 PM

I vote anime. Birthday stuff might be too easy.

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito
Actually if done right the Birthday Traditions could be a lot harder than anime.

Questions about obscure cultural traditions or traditions throught history or even the origins of popular birthday traditions.

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daashi
Quote:
Actually if done right the Birthday Traditions could be a lot harder than anime.

Questions about obscure cultural traditions or traditions throught history or even the origins of popular birthday traditions.
I also think more people would be interested in anime trivia, as big parts of these communities are into anime. But that's also just me talking >.>

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM

You could just do a bunch of random trivia questions. Find someone with that trivia game, and ask those.

I have one, but it might be too hard for people to get since my mom accidentally bought genius, instead of regular or whatever.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You could just do a bunch of random trivia questions. Find someone with that trivia game, and ask those.

I have one, but it might be too hard for people to get since my mom accidentally bought genius, instead of regular or whatever.
Well, I was planning on that for the final round, actually. Besides, I think that a just "random round" would bring in even less people... x.x;;

@Kyoko&Dashi: I understand both points, which is sort of my issue with it.

@Everyone: So so far, one vote for B-Day traditions, and two for anime?

Any other votes?

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Oh I see.

One question, are you going to go with every page for a question(might be a bit much), or a different one every day? Three everyday? *is confused, sorry if I confuse you as well*

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM

I'm not quite sure on what you mean, but I'll try to describe what I'm doing xD

I'm having two rounds of trivia. Each round will have 10 questions each. Each round is different from another, though I might incorporate things from prior rounds into the Final Round.

If I didn't answer what you were meaning to ask, I'm sorry :x

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 PM

No, that makes sense. ^^ Yeah, you did answer my question.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Okay, good :3 I'm glad I managed to answer the question right.

Apado
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Apado

Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM

Guys, I'm going off on a hiatus, but I won't cancel my planned raffle. I'll post the draft of the Raffle's mechanics, rules etc. sometime this week.

My return is uncertain but I'm positive that I'll be back before the 1st Menewshaversary and once Menewsha interests me again.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM

Have a good hiatus, Apado!

Apado
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 AM

I've been itching to start my hiatus but I still have hanging trades ;___;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM

Arr. :/ That seems frustrating. At the very least, you had time to put together a really lovely avatar before you went? :)

Apado
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 AM

Yess...

haha, probably during my absence, this avi is a corpse xD

juno rally
*^_^*

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 AM

any one need and help with funds? or anything else for that matter :)

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM

at the moment i think we're good and on a bit of a hiatus. Most likely the planning and such will pick up again after finals, stop during the christmas event, and then pick back up

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM

I'll probably need help with funds, but I'll determine that once we get to around two weeks or so before the event.

Though I might need someone's help with a pop-culture section :s
Everything else, I've either gotten all of the questions for, or I'm currently doing them, but pop-culture has me beat.

And I think I'll go with anime for the 2nd 3rd-day round. It'd be a bit easier to do questions like that, yanno?