Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltu View Post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as well, partly because it was (for me) the end of an era and partly because so many characters I liked died or were somehow hurt.

Yes, quite a tearjerker. But not as sad as the one I stated previously. Still, a moving ending to a great series.

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal-Beauty View Post
Tuesdays with Morey was really sad. I don't even know how I ended up reading it, I think it was my grandmas or something. There was a really sad book our librarian read to my classmates and I called 1000 Paper Cranes. If I remember it correctly it was about a little girl who had gotten cancer from the radiation given off when we dropped the A-bomb on Japan. If you make a thousand paper cranes you get a wish granted. The little girl died in the hospital before she could finish them. Before our librarian could finish the book she started crying. :(
oh, I remember 1000 cranes that one WAS sad.

Sirenian

Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover0027 View Post
Well i've read Were the Red Fen Grows. yes it is very sad and why would the Rugrats movie novel make you cry? is it because of the part about chuckie and him not having a mom or whatever?

Ugh.... Where the Red Fern Grows was the first book that ever made me cry... it was amazing. Yet.... horrible all in one. I was okay with the book until the end. ((Obviously)) But yeah..... That book still gets me every time I read it still to this day.

kagehikaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 PM

The Bridge to Terebinthia is the one and only book to make me weep like the girl I am. When they made the movie I was a very harsh critic, and then they got to the end and it became the only movie to make me weep like the girl I am as well. It's a wonderful happy book right up till the very end, and I think that's why I cried so hard. The transition was too much.

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM

Where The Red Fern Grows was, hands down, the saddest book I ever read. By the end of the book I was just absolutely heart broken and trying to sob quietly so I wouldn't wake my brother up. D:

I think that book is part of the reason that I've been sticking to fantasy books lately, because I don't want to be as heartbroken again as I was finishing that book. =c When I saw that they made a movie of it, I almost wanted to watch it. But after my mind went, "Do you really want to go through that again?" I changed my mind. XD;;

ShuggaMagnolia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-01-2008, 09:38 PM

I cry so often from books its hard to pick the saddest one...

Another Century's Episode
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM

I haven't cried at a book, but Battle Royale left me depressed for awhile.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-04-2008, 03:04 AM

I'm not sure what i would consider the saddest book I've ever read; however, the one I first cried to always stuck with me. Bridge to Teribithia was the first book i cried really hard to- in my heart it's the saddest.

re-note: totally agreeing with you Kagehikaru- except that i couldn't bring myself to see the movie

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubasa Rose View Post
I'm not sure what i would consider the saddest book I've ever read; however, the one I first cried to always stuck with me. Bridge to Teribithia was the first book i cried really hard to- in my heart it's the saddest.
I never read Bridge to Teribithia, but the movie was so sad, I imagine the book is as well. I cried even though I knew what was going to happen, because one of my friends TOLD ME two seconds after I told her NOT TO because I wanted to see/read it... X_x Some people, I tell ya...

CaseyFey
Send a message via AIM to CaseyFey

Old 10-11-2008, 07:43 PM

Recently, the last book to make me cry was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It was cathartic, and written from the perfect viewpoint to get the emotions across.

-o-layora-o-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM

: I think it would have to be, Captain Correli's Mandolin..I read it a few years back and don't recall the author or even if that is the correct spelling :sweat:

loukhos
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to loukhos

Old 10-22-2008, 04:30 AM

The saddest book I've ever read would have to be a toss-up between "Someone's Sister" and "speak". And, ooh, how intense "Someone's Sister" was. It was sad, all about sacrifices, and highly gripping.

But, "speak" is still probably the saddest book I've read, as .. short compared to the other as it is. The level of emotions and everything - it's like you become a part of the story as you read it. That you end up suffering the same as that character.

Everytime I read "speak", I still cry. :C

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 PM

A Walk To Remember by Nickolas Sparks (I saw the movie first and I cry every single time and I've watched it probably 10 times). I bought the book and have started it but it's just so heartbreaking I haven't finished.

The ending of Fruits Basket the manga made be bawl like a baby. I was so pathetic. ;___;

I didn't cry but Night by Elie Wiesel is really sad.

oh yeah and the Sunny books (#2, 6, 12) in the California Diaries Series by Anne M. Martin. To get the whole scope I guess you could read the whole series which was 15 books long but the ones solely focused on Sunny's story was 2, 6, and 12. Her mother has cancer. That's all I need to say. ;__;

Kurenai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 AM

Across the Nightingale Floor: Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn...I balled my eyes out.

22Tsuji22
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2008, 06:30 PM

Laureline McDaniels(sp) books soo sad cried in every book

Mr.EmoJeffrey

Old 11-01-2008, 09:59 PM

I have yet to read a book that has moved me to tears. So when I saw the book milkweed i thought it was going to be a childs novel. the only reason i picked it up was because of my love for jerry spinelli. At the end of it (Finished in 1 hour *nerd dance*)I found myself crying so hard it sounded like someone was beating me

So what books make you cry?

Last edited by fiarra; 11-18-2008 at 04:22 AM..

Tano-san
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 AM

Aww. That must have been a sad book if it made you cry.

I don't think a book has ever done that to me.

fayc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2008, 07:29 AM

When i was younger i read a book over and over called the Wombat.
It was about a man in the outback who befriended a wombat
but then the wombat died in a drought and from old age. It made me
really sad. For a childrens book but very morbid.
I also cried a bit in Twilight but then got over the generic love story
by the last book, Naruto, even though its a graphic novel and Memoirs of
a Geisha.

Abeo
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Abeo

Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 AM

A couple of books have made my eyes tear up a little (like Xenocide), and Dune and Songmaster have both made me cry. It's kind of awkward when it happens when you're at school.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 11-05-2008, 03:07 AM

I have serious problems crying unless I'm in pain. A book has never left me in tears. I might go, "Aww, that's so sad," but I don't cry.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 AM

The only book I can think of off the top of my head is Tangled Threads. The beginning is the saddest part because the main character is in a very run-down, crowded refuge. When she finally gets to leave for America, something bad almost happens to her. When she gets there, her cousins who have already been there for years have completely changed, even their names. A lot more happens, and absolutely death.

Volucria
*^_^*

Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM

I almost cried reading Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice", strange as it may sound :XD The part with the letter from Mr Darcy to Elizabeth (and the events just before that - I don't want to tell spoilers) made me feel SO sorry for him.

Dissonance

Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM

I'd have to say Paper Towns by John Green. :]

Okkuu
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Okkuu

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM

the burn jurnals made me cry its sad a kid trys to kill him self by burning.

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 11-15-2008, 06:40 AM

I cry over the silliest things. But mainly that's because I've gone through so much, that so many things make me cry. I try not to cry in public, so I don't seem like an annoying female that cries alot.

But here are the books that made me cry:
Harry Potter 4,6, and 7. When Sirius, Dumbledore, and that Weasley twin die.
Vampire Academy. There was this one specific part where Rose is crying to Lissa, and it says that this was the first time in a long time that Rose had cried, and I bawled my eyes out.
Kira Kira. That was one of the only non-fantastical books taht I read, and I only read it out of obligation [I got it from my teacher for a birthday gift] and I was surprised to like it, but I do think I cried.
I think I may have cried when reading one of the Tennis Shoes series books by Chris Heimerdinger. [Starts with Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites--Mormon books.]
And there was this other Mormon book I read that I cant remember what it was called, but it was about this Mormon girl who goes to live in Australia and the guy in the family she is living with attempts suicide and she saves him and they end up falling in love.
Also, there is this other Mormon series that have books called Charlie, Sam, Stephanie, and I can't remember the last one. But Charlie is about a girl who died of cancer. Sam is about her husband. Stephanie is about a girl who was addicted to drugs, and I don't know about the last one. But I cried when I heard about Charlie. [The only one I ever read was Stephanie, and that was only part. And I believe the author was Jack Weyland.

Yeah, I cry alot.*Shh, no one knows that. They think I'm tough.*