Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 AM

To me that's not worth it though - I mean, it's coming through snail mail lol
It's going to take at least 4-5 days to get here, depending on where it's coming from. Then it's going to take you a couple days to watch it, depending on your schedule. Then it's going to take another 4-5 days to get back to the warehouse, and probably another day after that to get it credited back to your account so you can order another. So you're looking at about a little over 2 weeks waiting time just for one movie lol
I'd rather just drive the 10 minutes, get the few movies I want, and then bring them back 5 days later lol
Cheaper and more worth it than Netflix :3

I've only had problems streaming when the internet went finicky and then when my Wii has been on for too long and needs a break to cool off :3
Otherwise I've had great service with the streaming :3
It just sucks that it has such limited selection :(

Haha I know what you mean - Verizon does crappy fix jobs :/

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 AM

Sneaks in and throws around a whole bunch of pies then runs off.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 AM

*Mai kinda skootches in on her belleh and starts nomming on pies that fell on the floor*

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 AM

We can't get Verizon here. nTelos doesn't let them come into our city. XD You can do cell phones...but not the internet...I don't even think land line is allowed either...just the cells...

Four to five days? O.o If I were to send something off, I'd get in in two days.

Hey, Acobjum!

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 AM

Sneaks back in and throws a pie at Terrena.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM

*is hit with a pie*
*cries* WHYYY!!!!!
You're not supposed to throw pie at the birthday girl! :P

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 AM

You're right! *throws a whole cake at you

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 01:05 AM

LOL
Silly Mai :P <3

@Terrena: DSL only provided by Verizon here ^_^;
I assumed it was Verizon's internet type exclusively lol
Who is the provider where you are for DSL?

You probably live closer to a warehouse - I know for a fact that where I live, which is a very country area (I mean, our nearest actual big city is at -least- 2-3 hours away from here), that our mail is slow and it would take that long of a time, if not longer, to get here - making the DVD service completely not worth it 'cause you'd only get one shipment in a month (aka 1, 2, 3, or 4 DVDs a month depending on how much you're paying for it). I mean, even sending something to 20 minutes away from here it takes 3-4 days -- the 4-5 day estimate for Netflix was a generous time frame and it's only possible if they do fast shipping through UPS or something :P

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 AM

Well...cakes do taste better...as long as it is chocolate....german chocolate cake is my favorite though...

nTelos provides us with our DSL...they also can provide us with the optical connection as well if we wanted to go that route.
I think they ship the DVDs to Richmond...which is like an hour and a half drive to side of the city we are close to. I actually don't know exactly where the warehouse is. Here, if you send out mail that is local, you get it in one to two days. Occassionally it can be longer though.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 01:16 AM

We don't have anything like nTelos around here - you basically have Verizon or Time Warner as far as I know - or Dial Up~
Some areas have Road Runner, but not many -- and Time Warner is new within the last couple of weeks to our area haha

Here it's not like that -- I mean, I had an acceptance package come from a college not far from here and it took almost a week to get here -- and it was nothing more than an over-sized envelope that was delivered via regular mail~
Our mail service is just wicked slow -- and our mail person is ridiculously stupid XD
No joke - she puts our mail into my grandparent's box (and our mailbox isn't even near each others), or she puts half of our mail into my grandparent's box and half into our box lol
And when she has a package for us? She puts the mail into the mail box and then walks the package to our door.
I really hate our mail service XD;

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM

O.o Weird...she does sound kinda stupid for that kind of job.
But I know most mail men/women do put the mail in the mail box then put the package at the door if the mail box isn't near the door. It's to help prevent theft.

Well...nTelos is a local place...I'm not sure how far it stretches but I do know it is western virginia (not west virginia just the west part of virginia although West Virginia isn't that long of a drive from here...but I don't know if nTelos is in West Virginia thoguh).

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 AM

No I get that - and in most circumstances would be true - but our family owns this area, so it's not like anyone would steal our mail LOL
Plus, when they see us at the door, know we're home, know we're waiting for them, it's pretty stupid to do it. She once did it when I was halfway down the driveway to get the dang package and mail!
I was like "Really? You're going to make me walk all the way to the mailbox after I bring this package all the way to the house?" (we have a long driveway)
That was just a jerk thing to do lol
She could have easily put the mail on top of the large box in my hands instead of putting it in the mailbox :P

We get mail so often though that all of our mail people (aside from her) know us and know what to do with our mail and so they put the mail under the corner of the package on our porch because either our grandparents will watch it or we'll get it right after they put it on the porch if we don't get it from them personally lol
Hopefully it'll get better when she learns the ropes more :3
It's just becomes a common sense thing with them once they know the ropes :3
It's like our UPS guy - he doesn't even walk up our steps anymore -- he can reach the top of the porch so he just sets everything there now if he sees the car or truck in the drive haha
Only time he doesn't is when it rains - then he brings it to the door :3

Haha That could be why I've never heard of it :3

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 AM

Wow. O.o

Ours...just puts it by the door...but then...we live in an apartment...and the porch is covered and we share that with the person who lives below us. Although it is hers...we just have to walk on it to get in. We have our own balcony.

lol. That probably is why. XD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 AM

Well an apartment building is definitely different than a house circumstance :3
It's definitely reasonable to put the mail and package in separate locations - usually people check their mailbox before going up to their apartment etc. - so that's understandable - but for a house it's just a pain in the behind when you have to walk a long driveway to get mail because they won't bring the mail with the package :P

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 AM

Our mailbox is right beside our door. It's a normal mailbox that hangs on the wall. XD

But yeah! That is a pain! When I'm at my grandfather's, I have to go up to the paper box to get the paper every morning...then in the afternoon go get the mail. At least it isn't too far away...but I still don't want to walk it...especially with his nosy neighbors!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 AM

Most city mailboxes/apartment mailboxes are :P
Ours are actual mailboxes that go alongside the road lol

Haha It doesn't bother me so much to go down to get the mail, it's just annoying when they bring packages to the porch but make us go get the mail in the mailbox lol
I mean, if they're going to split it like that, why bother bringing us the package? Why not just leave it by the mailbox, ya know?
Never made sense to me lol

B A B Y C O C K
Chickens are FRIENDS not FOOD. >...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 AM

Back~! :'D
What did I miss?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 AM

Not all that much - I just checked the EIs and they added a new one - lowered the pie price to 75 pies, but the gold price for both is 3k each :/

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 AM

Well...I'll find out how the mail lady delivers packages sometime this week since I had to order a new laptop and I'm shipping it to my grandfather's since I will more than likely be there when it arrives. :D And he lives out in the country even though they have changed the address over the years to our city. It used to be the town near us though...then before that it was a P.O. Box number. XD

I know sometime last week I was up there going to my car to leave (my mom walked up with me) and the mail lady went by and stop in front of me and asked me if I wanted it or to just put it in the box....so i took it. The mail boxes and paper boxes there are out on the road.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 AM

Hahaha We've always had a regular mailing address -- I remember having a PO Box at one point - but we still had the regular mailing address as well :3

LOL Wow~
Seriously though - who wouldn't want their mail then and there instead of walking to the mailbox to go get it later? XD;

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 AM

Well...I was at the mail box...but I wasn't heading back to the house...I was leaving...so i just handed the mail to my mom. XD

B A B Y C O C K
Chickens are FRIENDS not FOOD. >...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 AM

Saw the new EI. It's called "Shut your Piehole".
The name sounds funny~! :'>

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 02:51 AM

@Terrena: That's even worse if you were at the mailbox already o.O;

@Baby: Haha I do like the name - but it's still ridiculously priced in my opinion haha
75 pies is still expensive, but better than 100 - so I bought one of the EIs - I don't have near enough for the other though lol
Ah well, what can you do about it?
Either way you're going to have to buy them now because after the event's over, they're going to skyrocket and probably be around 10k+ :( </3

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:54 AM

At least she asked! She probably didn't even know who I was anyway!

I almost have enough for both EIs...like three more posts after this one and I can buy both.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 AM

Hahaha Oh that would have been cute - if she didn't know you, she could have given it to a neighbor or something - or even a door to door salesman xD;
I'm sure she knew you were a relative or something - or at least a frequent visitor of some relation :3

After this post I'll have 17 pies xD;