Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-13-2023, 10:15 PM

Oh no googling your own name? that sounds scary

Riiight, I forgot you live where the air hurts your face xD
I was just in a tshirt today lol

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 10:17 PM

Haha! I google my name and email address every couple of years, just so I know what I may need to edit/change. Of course, that doesn't mean I can find all the things, but it makes me feel a bit better about having used the same usernames online for the last 20+ years.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-13-2023, 10:45 PM

@ Ruby - Ohhh sure rub it in! It’s actually “warm” here today as it was +1C! LOL

@ Rei - That’s fair! I use the same username on all sites so that’s a plus!! I’m going to go Google now, I got side tracked lol

R u b y

Old 02-13-2023, 10:46 PM

Omg that's too damn cold It was 58F here but there was sun so it was nice

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 11:10 PM

@Randeh: Hahaha, sorry for the tangent. Hope your google search doesn't contain too many surprises.

@Ruby: It was about the same temperature here! Had to go google conversion, as per usual, but yeah. A sunny 58F/14°C is amazing in early februari. Tho the 1°C of Randeh's isn't all that strange for this time of year either. xD As long as it's sunny, 'tis all good!

R u b y

Old 02-13-2023, 11:19 PM

Are you also Canadian?

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 11:28 PM

Nope - European. Belgian, to be exact.

R u b y

Old 02-13-2023, 11:32 PM

Oh cool!! You’re my first Belgian friend:D

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-13-2023, 11:53 PM

Oooh yay! Happy to be so!
For now, tho, I'm gonna get some sleep. Have a good one!

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 12:22 AM

Goodnight! I'm about to go to bed myself even tho it's early

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Omg that's too damn cold It was 58F here but there was sun so it was nice
Haha it's actually considered warm right now. Last week it was -44C, I was looking at the cost of moving to the tropics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
@Randeh: Hahaha, sorry for the tangent. Hope your google search doesn't contain too many surprises.
Thankfully there were no surprised on Google, PHEW!!

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 06:14 AM

I uh…no. Nope. I like the cold but thats too much

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 08:52 AM

And here I am, sitting at around 27 C during the day...o_O

Even with the approaching cold front, we're not going down below 20 C. xD;;

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 04:27 PM

dang Antsy, that sounds even nicer than when i was just in Florida!! some cold front

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 04:29 PM

I'm glad that where I am in the south it at least does get winter

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 04:34 PM

I mean, it's actually mildly too warm at 27C (especially if outdoors) so I wouldn't exactly say it's nice...but yeah, definitely better than minus degrees ;;

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-14-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I uh…no. Nope. I like the cold but thats too much
LOL That's too cold even for those of us who are from here. I don't know why I tolerate this weather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
And here I am, sitting at around 27 C during the day...o_O

Even with the approaching cold front, we're not going down below 20 C. xD;;
I am so jealous!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
dang Antsy, that sounds even nicer than when i was just in Florida!! some cold front
I FORGOT TO ASK YOU HOW YOUR TRIP WAS!!??!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
I FORGOT TO ASK YOU HOW YOUR TRIP WAS!!??!
IT WAS AMAZING!!!! oh it was so good. we ended up having to arrive a day early because our flight got cancelled, so we started with Disney Springs where we saw the Drawn to Life Cirque du Soleil show, which was so well done and engaging. we hit all the shops we wanted to hit and i got a Mickey Mousse, special 50th anniversary Haunted Mansion ears with a little tophat!! and a bunch of photo ops. i don't have my pics uploaded now, but i'll make an album later :D we saw tons of the Orange Bird, who's my favorite character right now, there was even a big statue i could take a picture with! the Lego store was really fun, and we poked our heads into DINO and the Rainforest Cafe which had such neat decorations. :D i stole a heart from Build-a-Dino hahah. i always used to do that at Build a Bear when i was little, i'm sure they don't mind.

we took a day off after that and just hung around at the pool with the palm trees in the lazy river and hot tub, that was really nice and prepped us for all the walking. and then at the end of the day we went to California Grill and saw the fireworks from the observation deck over Magic Kingdom, and ate a fancy meal that was a little... not worth how much it cost, but it was worth it for the experience. my fish curry was really good though. we got an amazing table too, it was a huge booth right by the window looking at MK. and they gave us a sweet little treat for our anniversary :D something like turkish delight with marshmallow squares.

we went to Universal next, so good!!! the Harry Potter world was really the highlight of the trip, i loved all the shop windows and doing the wand tricks so much. there was this door in Knockturn alley... did you see it when you were there? i don't want to spoil it if you didn't, but i'm sure you know the one if you have seen it because it was a very aggressive door! but it was so dark in there, it was easy to miss stuff. i got a really nice Knockturn Alley pin, it has parts that stick out like 3D, it's such a cool pin. i also got a frozen Butterbeer like i promised!! it was AMAZINGGGGG i had it right before the Castle ride so i could taste it in my mouth the whole time and it being frozen was so refreshing.

we also really loved the Seuss world and the Simpsons world, it's just so awesome to see how they brought it to life! the High in the Sky trolley was a real unexpected highlight, we didn't know it would be so good! the Simpsons ride kinda sucked, but the world was amazing! i also got a couple pennies while i was there, here's them plus the ones i got at Disney Springs:

oh and VELOCICOASTER!!! definitely the best thrill coaster i've ever been on, that stuff was WILD.

Disney was the most amazing experience of my life, we went to all four parks and got on 16 rides total! my favorites were the Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind for Epcot, the Tower of Terror and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad for Hollywood, the Na'vi River Journey for AK, and Haunted Mansion for MK (although Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was the prettiest at night). i think Epcot ended up having the most rides i liked (Frozen, Nemo, and Ratatouille!!!) but Animal Kingdom at night was the best world experience.

it was so cool that they added a Photopass opportunity at the end of Haunted Mansion! that wasn't there when i was little. i got really tasty food from the Festival of the Arts at Epcot too, which was going on while we were there. i got a deconstructed Key Lime Pie and an Angry Crab. ahh i wish i could show you my pictures now!! but i'll include pics of those in the album i upload and then a surprisingly good Med Salad from the ABC Commissary, and at the end of the day an oreo ice cream with Mickey ears.

best of all we got ALL THE PINS IN THE WORLDDDD!!! muahahaha. i was able to trade every single pin i had up for trading, and i got a bunch of stuff i really like. i even got a special VIP Disney Movie Club pin from my favorite Disney movie, Coco! i had just walked away from the board, but my partner was still debating which pin he wanted and he saw this kid walk up and ask to trade the Coco pin, and he snagged it right away! i got him a Pooh pin from the mystery boxes at Tower of Terror later, so we were even. gah it was so much fun!!! they were everywhere! i was very happy after Disney Springs, which only had 2 boards, plus a 3rd one at the Pin Traders that only appears at ~magical times~ so we missed it and there was one lady we asked at the Christmas store who very grumpily was like "We've NEVER had a pinboard " so i was sure Disney was gonna be the same, but my partner did research ahead of time, so we hit all the stores with pinboards like boom! boom! boom!

here's all my pins, i circled the ones from Disney, and i'll send a clean version as well:

i bought 4 pins while i was there, the Sliding Mickey & Minnie Railroad pin, the spinning 2023 pin, the Orange Bird surfing pin, the Sorcerer Mickey with the glitter vial (which is one i had been hunting! Found it at the Fantasia store under California Grill, it's the one you can see with the giant Mickey ears as the monorail passes through the building.) the rest are all trades or ones i got from the trader pack we bought. :D

i'm sure i forgot a lot, but that's the basic summary!! thank you for asking, it's so fun talking about my trip with you

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-14-2023 at 07:04 PM..

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2023, 07:01 PM

So. Many. PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!! Aaaahhh!!!

But also: sounds like you had an amazing time, omg!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 07:08 PM

i KNOW i'm in pin heaven!!! *puts them all in a bathtub and rolls around in them* ow :D ow :D ow :D

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2023, 07:11 PM

Imagining that truly made me laugh out loud, haha! Glorious.

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 07:13 PM

I don't have the time to read your whole post yet but SQUISHED PENNIES!!!! That's one of my favorite things to do! Been collecting them my whole life~

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 07:43 PM

no worries, it was basically a blog squished pennies are so fun! i even got to do the crank for a couple, but i am glad that most of them aren't cranks now, it saves some time. i wish i had gotten more at Disney World and not just Springs & Universal, but we just ran out of time. my partner got a really neat Tower of Terror one!

R u b y

Old 02-14-2023, 07:44 PM

Aww they aren’t cranks anymore? ;3; but that’s the best part!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-14-2023, 07:47 PM

most of them aren't u_u and they don't let you supply your own penny for any of them, even the cranks i still got pretty shiny pennies, but i know my brand new ones would have been better :')

now the way you do it is you slide a card, select either all 5 for $5 or they let you choose just one from a touchscreen, and then you just wait and watch the gears move through a little window.