Quote:
Originally Posted by Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by M e k o
Touch pad? o3o How intriguing..

is it like.. on a laptop? -makes finger movements- o3o;
Yep. :D I'd prefer a mouse though. But a tablet would be even better. :ninja:
if you bought one, i'd steal it from you 8D

I like my mouse, when it doesn't hate me. I want a new mousepad thing though. D:
Couldn't we just share? ;3; *offers cookie*
Get a new one? :0 Mouses seem better to me. I remember my mom's laptop's touch pad wore out and the top coating like disappeared. So it was hard to operate after that. ):

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
I used to hate drawing with a tablet, though coloring/painting wasn't bad, but have been forcing myself a little to do it and it's not as bad as it used to be. I still do prefer the good old pencil, paper, and scanner thing, though I think I'm starting to get lazy because using the scanner seems like a total chore!

Computer art is still hand drawn, though. You're just using a stylus rather than a pencil.
it does not feel hand drawn to me. it feels all computer like.

I tried with just colouring and painting with it, but I gave up.

I actually love seeing how the colours blend with colour pencils, and I just do not see all that magic with the tablet.

besides, i feel, if you are going to try and make it look like pencil and paper, coloured pencil, watercolour, oil paintings, or pastels, then why not actually get off the computer and actually make a piece of art with the actual materials?
lawering man.. i loooove the layering with real media.

Of cours,e this means my pics take ages nand nobdy realizes.
I know! it sucks with how long it takes and how much effort you have to put into it. But the feeling you get from putting so much hard work into is nice.

I always have more respect for the traditional way than computer. It just takes so much more effort it seems to me to do it traditionally.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Heh heh...I guess it's all in your perspective. :) Convenience is one thing. I swear I'm not by nature a lazy person, but sometimes it's also a chore to break out all the paints and deal with spreading out and cleaning up after. Computer + tablet is so much more compact. But I understand everyone has their preference on what they like in art. Medium's never really made much of a difference to me, though I do admire the artists who are proficient in the media I've never really done much in. I think having a RL painting buddy would make a difference for me wanting to bust out the paints. Doing it by myself isn't as fun, but for instance, sitting down with my best friend, painting little things of fruit in acrylics for her kitchen was a total blast!

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Aww~ XD; Congrats to the winners so far :3 Since I have a slow ass connection, I can't join the 3rd contest XD;;; probably would do the 2nd one instead heheh. The 1st one @@;; err, good luck! XD;

by the way, are you allowed to post your own drawing of clover? :o or does it have to be found on the net?

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
Oh, I will probably change it after the first 50 I hate you messages.

I thought we were doing the same song. huh, what is the other one?

Besides, my friends are dreading when then happens, or I will find a more annoying song!
XD

I don't know... :/
*Laughs* Forgive me, but I try not to listen to Fergies music. I used to like some of th Black eyed peas earlier stuff, but everything they have come out latly just annoys me, and I try not to think about them. XD

And is there a more annoying song?

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Optical mice are nice. xD Haha, rhymerhymerhyme

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 AM

maybe... MAYBE D: -nibbles on cookie-

D: Ohnoes@wornouttouchscreen.

I want a laptop.. I'm dying for my dad to get one, but knowing him he has this condition where there is a magnetic pull on his buttox that sticks him to the couch.

I call this condition laziness. D;

Mike
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 AM

Well, Goodnight everyone!
Hope you all enjoyed today's events!
See you all tomorrow!

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2007, 05:35 AM

Good night Mike!

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Lol .Aliena knows me too well. I totally went into pencil art because it was convneient.

Good night, Mike.

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

G'nite Mike. :3 ♥

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphyre800
Computer art is what I love for! It is so much more versatile than traditional, and saves time if you decide to change proportions in the end =D I'm a 3d animator but I want to be a digital texturist and painter
Computers are good for that.
But there is soemthing with character and feeling when you can see the little changes, or the brush strokes. t's a different type of feeling one sees with traditional works.

It is just more amazing to look at something like Escher and know that it was made with out a computer envolved, than seeing the same thing today and knowing that one made it one a computer.

I still love 2d animation. I think it is amazing what you can do with a computer. But when I go back and watch old disney compared to new disney, just something is missng now.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Akasha - Oh gosh...cging takes forever for me! I only wish it were quick and easy!

Chunsa-chan - I remember watching Fergie on Kids Incorporated when I was a kid. She was Stacy then and my favorite!

EDIT - Goodnight, Mike!

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

• gnite mikeeeee <3
    *sprinkles some clovers at ya*

Sapphyre800
\ (•◡•) /

night!

meko: ahahahahhahaaa wow, my dad has this syndrome where he passes out at a sniff of fresh newspaper ink, lol. 5 minutes of reading and he's out, sitting up even. xD

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 AM

I also wish CG were quick and easy. x__-;;

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

Quote:
Akasha - Oh gosh...cging takes forever for me! I only wish it were quick and easy!

Chunsa-chan - I remember watching Fergie on Kids Incorporated when I was a kid. She was Stacy then and my favorite!

EDIT - Goodnight, Mike!
Fergie was Stacy?

o________o

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Night mike!

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Yeah! Stacy Fergusen is her real name.

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphyre800
night!

meko: ahahahahhahaaa wow, my dad has this syndrome where he passes out at a sniff of fresh newspaper ink, lol. 5 minutes of reading and he's out, sitting up even. xD
XD Really?

I actually like reading the newspaper. o3o sometimes

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Well, Goodnight everyone!
Hope you all enjoyed today's events!
See you all tomorrow!
*waves*
G'night!

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Gettin' Kinda slow in here. ^^;

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

Quote:
Yeah! Stacy Fergusen is her real name.
XD;; wow huge epiphany for me~

Aslyn
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM

Is participating in the contests the only way to get event items?

M e k o
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
Gettin' Kinda slow in here. ^^;
Well we're on page 169 so that means the lurkers are popping out now? XD;