Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-26-2014, 04:08 AM

Very good advice, thank you! :D
But if I can't pay August's rent up front, I will lose my apartment and have to move in with my dad
Also, I owe my school about $1k before they release my diploma to me.
I fear I may end up dancing again, which is something I never wanted to go back to

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-26-2014, 04:12 AM

If you have an out, take it if necessary, and just be glad you have a fallback on a place to live...

And employers just usually want to know you earned a degree, not that you can't afford to liberate it yet.

There's only so much truth you should tell them, anyway.

I'm rooting for you, and I think it's more than just me, and I know you can make it happen.

And don't be too hard on yourself if you have to do other things... press on with the job search anyway, and it'll happen. Might take time, but persistence pays off, believe me.

Edit: aw crud, I have to go do things, but I'll be back sooner or later... -_-;

Last edited by VeraDark; 06-26-2014 at 04:16 AM..

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 AM

Wow, Vera is so nice!
Where is Vera from??

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-26-2014, 07:31 PM

Roxxxy love your avatar.

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-27-2014, 10:12 AM

I'm technically an American, I guess, one of my 'rents is English, but I was born American...

I feel kind of like there are two of me though, and not just because I have a mule account, lol.

Part of me likes American things and part of me likes English things and I don't even want to know what my accent really sounds like to either... I'm sort of an introvert, really, because I don't like being around people who think I'm being pretentious when I'm not, you know?

I'm not a stuck-up person, I'm an educated person with a funny way of talking, there's a difference, there really is.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 01:13 AM

Thanks Kirin :D
Vera, I know exactly how you feel! People call me a know-it-all :c
I'm American, looking to escape to Europe. Sweden, Finland, Switzerland... dunno.

---------- Post added 06-27-2014 at 09:16 PM ----------

Also, Berks has a trade ;)

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-28-2014, 03:44 AM

I would advise a general tour of Euro, and trying to meet some of the actual locals, so at least you'd know the general attitudes of each before deciding anything...

I find Austrian men to be extremely annoying and rude, at least the ones I've met, and French people sometimes come off as stuck up even when they aren't trying...

I really think that it all depends on finding people like oneself, and making friends, and then at least you have a sort of cushion to help support you. Then, no matter where you are, you're better off than a stranger, at least.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 AM

I am looking for a country with great health care, and well-educated people. American on the whole are mind-blowingly ignorant.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-28-2014, 03:56 AM

i can't remember if it's Sweden or Switzerland that has all of that.
oh and plus awesome internets =3

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 04:13 AM

I think it is Sweden.
There are two virus storage facilities legally allowed to store Smallpox: One in the US, and one in Switzerland.
/random randomness :B

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 AM

If you'll pardon the language, Switzerland really has its shit together as a country.

It's just really expensive, because they've got their economy together, too, and can all afford it more than I could.

*goes to see what Ermahgerd got*

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-28-2014, 04:20 AM

ERMAHGERD...

BERKS!

Thernk yer, rerksy!

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 04:30 AM

You soooo needed your berks! I think the one from... Wizards Wish maybe? It has a floating book... also tome of nightmares.

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 AM

That's good to know. Thankies!

I do despair of finding a basket with a water bottle in it, or a split brown and white backdrop, but we can't have everything...

I might just get the other-handed version of the books too, and sort of wing it creatively. Might be nice seeing how far out of the box I can get my little Ermahgerd, here.

Though I do wish I could give her braces... XD

Edit: and thanks again, that was really sweet of you. <3

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 04:49 AM

You could maybe do the background in The Drawing Room, and use an empty Easter basket. If you want, you can ghost them from me ;)

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-28-2014, 05:11 AM

Oh, see, I didn't know about these things... I'm getting an education, yay.

If you could help me out with this stuff, I'd be forever grateful, and you can PM me about it if people don't want to have to scroll past it for the rest of the convo...

I'm cool either way, I just want to know how to do everything, and I keep finding out more.

So yeah, I'd love some help getting my pooh together with it .

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 01:36 PM

So I will send you the items in trade, and you can equip the parts you like. Then send them back to me, and they will stay equipped until you remove them. We can do this with multi-equip items only ;)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-28-2014, 02:28 PM

Sorry Wy wanted attention last night and I brush them and he was Purring and I fell asleep

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM

So...My neighbors are on vacation or something and their dog got out. I got him into my yard and left a note on their door telling them to call me. Is this kidnapping? D:

We live near a busy intersection so I don't want to find a smooshed shepherd next time I go out ><;

---------- Post added 06-28-2014 at 08:44 AM ----------

Also, Roxxxy, don't give up! Just keep searching and hopefully something will come to you. I'm sorry you're having such troubles. At least you do have somewhere to fall back on and maybe in the long run that would be better anyways. Sometimes things work out funny like that.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 07:20 PM

I did the same thing with my neighbors dog! He jumped right through the window screen and I brought him home, leaving a note on their door :P

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM

Im thinking of making it a legit dognapping though...He's pretty awesome and they don't seem to treat him so great he's a bit on the skinny side, very dirty (though i bathed him...), and was infested with ticks. I just spent like 2 hours clearing them off and I know there are still more I just could not crouch like that anymore and he was getting impatient. Going to look again later if they haven't called by then. X.x

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 PM

That makes me so angry! keep the little angel. Mnemmie is such a doll

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 AM

I'd do everything possible to let them know he's safe and that he got out and all and you were a good person and did right by him and them.

If they act like it's a hassle taking him back, then you offer to keep him.

They might just let you, if they see you're better able to care for him.

I'd keep it all legit and be good about it though, some people take it badly if they find out you've been keeping their dog and haven't told them. Some even might call the cops or whatever, so play it safe and do what you can.

Oh, and Roxxxy, thank you so much for telling me how it works, I'll do that when next I log on with my Erma, it'll be awesome! And thanks for letting me borrow the things to do it!

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 AM

I'm really not worried about the cops being called. I work for the department that services this area so I know most of the deputies. Most of them would be fine after I explained. I left a note on their door with my number and let them know he got out. If they weren't Mia for the last few days (I talked to their direct neighbor) if have just knocked on their door Till they answered.

I definitely giving them the jar of ticks I pulled off him though and a stern talking to. I pulled no less than 50 from him and theres still more. Poor thing is infested. Can't touch him without ticks everywhere I've taken so many showers today to make sure I didn't take any with my into the house. Tick searching is not fun.

---------- Post added 06-29-2014 at 02:12 AM ----------

Also they still haven't called so I guess whoever they having watching him while they're gone is only coming once a day.

VeraDark
fgsfds

Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 AM

Please forgive my language, but they do sound like rather shitty dog owners.

I have a cat and a dog, and my dog is covered in awful scars and other horrid things from her previous owners, so I know all about shitty dog owners.

You can't even bump into her while walking without her screaming in fear that I've suddenly decided to kick the crap out of her or something. It's awful.

Well, as long as whoever's in authority sees you as the better person in the equation, then do what you feel is right, and you'll win out.

And good job helping the doggie, he sounds like he needed some genuine care, for a change.