jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 AM

Zea, texture packs are the simplist thing in the whole world to install, they really are. Like Cookie says, just download it, then drag it from your downloads folder into the texture pack folder that's on the minecraft selection screen. I LOVE how easy it is, it takes a minute, max.

I fired up the other laptop and took screenies of my "living room", and a comparison shot of the outside of my house, to show how horribly ugly it is xD
Standing beside my bed

Over near the fireplace/front door.
The ceiling lights are glowstone from the Nether, this option for them is so pretty, but I only have 3, I broke the other one :oops:

Outside, FUGLY! xD One the hill there is my walled garden, where I'm growing wheat and reeds. But seeing as it's Painterly I have pumpkins and white grapevines. You can see to the right where the snow got me after the first time it rained : / Cleared a fair amount of that though.

I had to build a shelter over the hole to get onto my roof, before the rain comes in otherwise, right down to the ground floor xD that's what the odd glass structure is up there. And you can just see the bit offlame in my defence trench. There for the roasting of night time beasties that fall in there, lured in by me what I go out on the glass lip round the 3rd floor. They'll follow me on the ground as I walk around the rim, so when I get to where the burning netherack is, they catch fire :twisted:

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 AM

Aw, your house reminds me of the burrow from the Harry Potter books! xD
The interior looks GORGEOUS! Everything is so... homely and comforting :heart:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-27-2011, 04:22 AM

Yeah, I like how that room looks, so I don't care if the rest looks like rubbish xD Though I will work on replacing the cobblestone and dirt with sandstone and brick, so that it's less of an eyesore :ninja:

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 04-27-2011, 04:23 AM

stupid slow comp. I think it's an amazing structure, I tend to climb halfway up a cliff and dig a house in there.

Last edited by Drakina; 04-27-2011 at 04:26 AM..

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 AM

I got the painterly pack... My house. It looks amazing. :drool:
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Ooh, pretty! I like the floor! I don't have a full selection of dye yet so I can't make as pretty a pattern as that. I'm tempted to give it a go after seeing yours though :D

Cookie is right, I do like Painterly, because I like the softer effect it gives. It's honestly the only texture pack that I've completely liked out of a whole heap of them that I've tried. The majority are way too garish for me, too flat texture-wise, or are too "dark". The John Smith one for example. That's top notch work and makes the landscape look lush and lovely.

but the inside of your house looks like a dungeon :lol: I don't want a dark medieval look like that.

I'm also not wanting in your face patterns and loud colours like a lot of them have. I just want my game to look nice, and Painterly does that for me :)

----------

Having said that, the Minecraft4kids pack looks a whole lot of fun, but it apparently hasn't been updated for a while so it doesn't work properly now. It looks awesome though.

[1.5+] [128x & 64x] Minecraft 4Kids + Shaders [04/21] - Minecraft Forums

Going by the date on that, maybe it is up to date now...HD though, I doubt my laptop could cope with that >_> And I wouldn't know what to do with a patch if it landed on my head ._. and it looks like you need a mod for it to work best. So yeah, way too much trouble for me to even want to consider it.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 AM

Ahhh! This is irrelevant to the topic at hand, but today I got two more of my friends addicted to Minecraft... When I was showing them my world, a creeper came at me and we ALL screamed. Even the boys, who didn't even know what they were xD
It was hysterical.

And, just as a random note, the seed 'munchlax' has lots of nice flat space, a surface magma pit not too far from the spawn, and surface iron/coal o wo

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-30-2011, 01:32 AM

I went into my house, the last time I played, turned around to shut the front door, and a creeper was RIGHT BEHIND ME. That made me jump, because I didn't see him appear xD

I was sneaky with my door though, I put it up from outside so that it's flush with the outside of the house, so I can step into the doorway on the inside, and have a better view through the door. So I just stepped right up to the door so it wouldn't open, and smacked the creeper through it, so he fell off my one block wide path into my defense trench. He was still jumping around like a tard in there in the morning xD

AsianKung-FuGeneration
Truly outrageous!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 AM

Interestingly enough, on a particular Multiplayer server I made an aquarium-house (sort of). I'll have to take pictures of it when the server is up for 1.5_01, but basically I placed a glass floor and I dug out the sand under the house and had it flood under the house. The other players thought it was kind of an interesting idea. I'm not sure anyone else has done that. I also made a glass walkway in the sky connecting the aquarium-house to a normal wood house.

I think the next plan was to make an underwater city in the server near my aquarium-house since I placed it near a big ocean area away from the big town on the server.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM

I've been drooling over the new map system Notch has been working on for ages now. :drool: I really can't wait to see it implemented!

And... Yeah. -twiddles thumbs- I stalk this thread too much - it's pathetic! :gonk:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

Maps are good. I get lost...a lot. And I don't use any mini map mods or anything.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Cookie;
I used to get so lost it wasn't funny. :no: Only now, that my house is next to a MASSIVE above-cloud-layer mountain covered in waterfalls and I have a compass, have I stopped getting horribly horribly confused as to my map position.
Though, I have managed to convince my beginner friends to build spires so they don't make the same mistakes as me :sweat:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM

I use compasses too. Doesn't really help me in caves. I wonder if the maps will be useful for caves or not. I build giant pillars, put a block of netherstone on top, light it on fire and then take the pillar down. Fire is bright and moves so it's really easy to see. I just make a line of them withing sight of each other to get places if I really need a path.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM

I got lost in a cave and gave up and threw myself in some lava so I could get out xD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Jelly! XD When all else fails, dig up. You'll get to the surface eventually and then you can find your way home. Especially if you have a compass.

And hopefully you don't dig up into water...or lava >_>

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 05-04-2011 at 10:02 PM..

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:31 AM

xD I was tempted to do that once, Jelly, but I had diamonds. DIAMONDS! ; A;

And, what Cookie said: dig up. :yes:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM

That's why I don't suicide, I'm usually carrying cool stuff! I suppose you could craft a chest and put stuff in it before you off yourself, but if you're lost, what are the chances of finding your way back to that chest?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM

I probably would have... But I had no wood. :sweat:
Literally all I had was diamonds, lapis lazuli, iron, gold, coal, redstone, a few sticks, some torches, and cobblestone xD I couldn't even craft a pickaxe, and dig my way out...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 AM

I always carry some logs around. That's the most convenient form you can carry wood in. From it you can make planks and sticks. Just a few logs gets you four times the planks and eight times the sticks.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:46 AM

I might actually start doing that, it sounds like a good plan...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM

It's a great plan. Then anything you can craft with wood is withing your reach. Tools, chests, beds, torches, boats, you can make them all on the fly.

But if I get that one stupid plank leftover after making a boat, I usually toss it so it doesn't take up precious inventory space. After all, I have a stack of logs and trees are a renewable resource.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM

I've finally started carrying wood with me when I go down to mine too. Dunno why it took me so long. :lol:

In my latest world I've decided to build a cobblestone road across the world as I explore. Every so often I'll build a waypoint dwelling of some sort with crafting tables, chests and a bed. It's been motivating me to actually continue playing the same save file, as normally I'll have one house that I'm particularly attached to, mine the crap out of the area beneath me, get bored and start over.

Currently I'm having a bit of an issue in that I accidentally "hit" a wolf with a bone rather than "used" it on him.. he had a pack of pals, and they chased me to my nearest way station (which I tried to make look like a tent, since it's in the middle of a huge patch of woods.) They wouldn't go away so I finally killed one of them, just as the others killed me. . Okay, no biggie, I respawned and went back to collect my stuff. No wolves in sight. Started exploring the woods again and it seems that every new wolf I come across wants me dead. They must have told their friends, because the original 3 that I was fighting with have long since died. :gonk:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM

I was too lazy/frustrated to dig my way out xD I did try, several times, but water kept coming through and washing me away and making things more and more difficult, so I gave up :ninja:

That's a clever idea, Belly!

I think I'd like an update when we can pick animals to be, then I'd be a turtle and would sleep in my shell at night instead of having to carry a bed with me :lol:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Umm jelly.. I think you were under the ocean if that constantly happened.... that happened to me once XD

@ Belly - Aren't they supposed to be hostile at night?

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM

Are they? :o I thought I was just getting associative aggro from one of the surviving wolves, since they have that group assist thing going on. But if they're supposed to be hostile at night that would make sense. Haha..