Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-27-2010, 04:10 AM

Thank you, I think o_O;

Just because you wear a Crown doesn't mean you're a showy person o_O;;
And not everyone who has one uses it with every outfit xD;

As for the Masks -- they don't have a lot of items themed around them -- but the outfits you can make with them are really pretty :3
I have the Phoenix and love it :3 <3

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 04:11 AM

commons are like the only items I like so I try to keep them

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-27-2010, 04:11 AM

Haha I had 8 pages of commons this time last year~
But I sold them in order to get the Gold Clover Hairpin T_T

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 04:15 AM

but you got the item you wante ^^

I think I'm going to bed.
I'm really tired and my leg really hurts.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 AM

Holy cow. That must of cost a fortune.

I've seen a lot of crowns shown...they're kinda a status symbol as such I guess. Same with the Vday stuff it seems. I wouldn't want to make it look like a status symbol, that's all. Sorry I didn't mean to offend. :sweat:

The funny thing is I have so much stuff in my wardrobe that I have yet to really experiment with.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 AM

Haha - yes, yes I did ;)

Okies -- Night Lilith! <3
Feel better :( <3

----

It cost around 180k in pure and items I think -- possibly 170k?
I honestly can't remember now LOL
I just remember I got 20k off for my birthday :3
If I looked at my quest I could probably tell you how much it cost me but I don't feel like looking XD;

I actually do take offense to that..
It's stereotyping people, which is wrong ^_^;
Just because someone wears a V-day item or a Crown doesn't mean they're showing off and are trying to be above you. It merely means they like the item and wanted to wear it and get some use out of it. What do you want people to do, shove them aside and not wear them in case it "offends" those who don't have them, who want them, and who get jealous because they don't have them?
That's wrong and unneeded. Everyone has a chance to save up for the items and get them one way or another. It's not a privilege to have them, nor is it an honor or a station divider -- it's something you save for, work hard for, and earn. People are proud of what they quest for and finally get, so they wear the item.

There is no caste system here on Mene, there are no dividers separating one Menewshan from another. We're all equal -- other than Mods have power, which is an obvious lol
Items don't make a difference as to who you are or how you're seen ^_^;;

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 12-27-2010, 05:46 AM

I agree with Emma. And also with Izumi. lol

Only because I see both sides of the spectrum. :) I can see how people could perceive the status symbol in the expensive items worn. But fear not, Izumi, because the reality of it is nothing complicated like that.

I honestly have the items because I do love them. If I don't wear them it's mostly because I want to come up with a better outfit for them in the future..or I want to try other items on me in the meantime. It really has nothing to do with showing off.

Honestly, our avatars in general are used to show off our style and that's probably it. I never wear the hairpin to show off my status. I only wear it because I think it looks great with whatever outfit I come up with. :)

It's the same idea with the reason why I buy mennies... I do it for the love of menewsha and to get a little quest gold goin too. Has nothing to do with making people feel like I am superior. I know full well that I am a worthless member. lol I just love this site so I give. ^_^

And I am snowed in right now. *sigh* I hate this kind of weather. I feel trapped! :(

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 AM

Yes, I must agree as well.
Just for instance, around this time of year, I see people more frequently with the Winter's Flight wings from '07, and it's not a status symbol, ever. But it's one of the more popular items, one of the many that I'm questing for. And I'm not questing for it because it's a status symbol either. Whenever I manage to get my hands on them, I'll wear them because they look good with a particular outfit/look. They're just so pretty!

Unlike on other sites, here on Mene people aren't so much focused on lording it over the less fortunate; we just want our avis to look good! If that means including an item that so happens to be well sought-after, well then . . .

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 AM

Precisely my point guys :3
I mean, I know some people are like that -- some people do in fact wear every expensive item they have if possible just to show off~
But that's very few and very rare~
For the vast majority, and I mean 95%+ of Menewshans, we wear the items because they look good with the avi we create or we simply want to brush the dust off it because we haven't worn them in awhile~

I'm kind of offended that people thing it's just done because of a status of sorts :(
I may have been a little defensive and harsh in my wording, but it wasn't meant to be ^_^;
So I do apologize if it came off as really mean~
I was just a bit ticked and offended by it because I'm one of those people who wear my items based on the outfit I design or based on how long it's been since I've worn the items~
And it really gets to me that people think that little of those who posses the earlier/more expensive items :/

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 AM

*high fives the girls*

^_^

I don't think Izumi meant any harm in her words. She is just expressing how it makes her feel. I am sure she understands ...even more so now...the truth behind wearing the expensive items for most of us. :)

It is definitely a downer to see that people perceive us that way just because we wear something expensive. But you know, I think it's how the real world teaches us. That most people in the RL tend to flaunt their expensive things at the people who can't afford them. It is a sad thing indeed.

This is why menewsha is so special. We can get away from how society in RL teaches us and be taught different in menewsha society. This is why I feel it's important to keep menewsha alive and also keep our etiquette in tact. Granted there are those few who do flaunt..but like Emma said, it's just a small percentage. (And they should be ashamed of themselves too. >>)

And it's also ok to feel like you do, Emma. Voicing your feelings is just as important as Izumi voicing hers. And I think how you talked about it was fine. I didn't see it as majorly harsh. But Izumi might have so this is why I want to come to understand her view also.

I am actually glad that we can talk about these things without calling each other names or getting rude. If an interaction like this were to happen in Gaia...ugh. I don't even want to think about it... *smh*

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-27-2010, 09:07 AM

Oh I agree with you whole heartedly :3
It's a sad society that we live in right now. We can only hope it gets better before it creates so much havoc we'll never recover :(

And I do see her view -- I see her side completely -- it doesn't mean it doesn't tick me off and offend me, though ;)

Oh hell, I don't even want to THINK about how this would turn out on Gaia..
There would be so much name calling and rude remarks -- not to mention bashes on "yo' mama" :roll:
I'm very glad, too, that we can discuss it maturely and not resort to the immaturity and rudeness that is Gaia :3

Though I think we may have scared her off with our walls of text o_O; XD <3

Lilith W: Snowball Fight!!!
The 10-sided dice lands on 7
The 10-sided dice lands on 3

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Sorry Emma I didn't mean to offend. I don't mind people use the items at all! Don't get me wrong! At the same time though I have seen certain individuals pile it on in rare items and it feels as though the point they're trying to get across is that they've either been here awhile and/or are pretty rich here. They may not even be consciously aware of it either...

*sighs* I don't have much room to talk I guess as while I don't have everything, I've gotten to the point where the only things I am missing (other than NPC items) are the first two months of CIs and the first two events. I try to make it a point to switch it up a bit and make nice avvies with what I got. Like you do.

Maybe I shouldn't of followed up the comment of your crown with my comment as I didn't mean for you to take it personally and get upset over it. :(

----------

Oh and before I forget....

Snowball Fight!!!
The 10-sided dice lands on 9

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Hmm
Snowball Fight!!!
The 10-sided dice lands on 5

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Damn... the storm here is so bad, my mum can't make it home! There was a really bad car accident on the high way here, and it's blocking traffic up for miles. :(

@ Esme:: I made a Christmas present for you in Howdy's contest. I'm gonna make one for Lolly and Selly, too. :D

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Shoot, I started on this site three months after it started. And I have a crown. So for some this must mean I'm reach and have everything.
The fact is I have 6 CIs and I doubt I have an EI that costs more then 2k.
While this is mainly because I'm more a fan of the commons there are a few CIs I would like to get.
But like many people on here instead of saying I want more stuff to make myself look cool and powerful I want to help others.
I have owned all most all items on this site (other then the big EIs) and they have gone to others.
So to me at least, my crown isn't a status symbol. It is the one nice item I can't give away. The one thing I will never feel that someone else deserves it more.

@Emma- You have hit luna with a 9 point hit.

@Izumi- you have hit yourself with a 2 point hit

@luna- 6 poin hit to Emma

Aw, your so sweet Clair Bear ^^
I hope your mom is alright

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM

@ Lolly::
Did you see your gift!? :D

And mum finally made it home. :D

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Nope, not yet.
I'll go look.

And that is good

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Okay. :hug: What is Lolly up to?

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Aw, it is so cute. ^^
I need to make one.

Just posting in the countdown thread.
You?

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 PM

Hello, Clair and everyone. ^.^

How are you all?

We really don't have status symbol flaunting here on menewsha.

This is not gaia or solia. o.0 People will run around in underpants here and no one will care.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 04:02 PM

Hey Angel.
I'm doing good.
You?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Clair is sorta bored. Just chilling.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 PM

I'm the same.
Trying to get all the event commons I want

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm pretty much done with getting the items I want. :)

Right now, I'm drawing a new dA ID! ^^

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 12-27-2010, 05:36 PM

I'm working on the earrings and the necklaces and maybe some more of these belts.