View Poll Results: What are you doing for Halloween?
Trick-or-Treating! 3 10.00%
Going to a Halloween Party! 3 10.00%
Handing out candy! 7 23.33%
Homework! 3 10.00%
Working! 4 13.33%
Can't stop, won't stop Mene Event! 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 11-02-2013, 07:05 PM

I think I'm a good balance of the two. It's exhausting trying to stay fun all the time, even when I don't want to be.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I mean, I'm not against cosplays. I'm bad at them because I want them to be perfect if I'm going to do a cosplay and if we don't have an item that I need or whatever, I get really frustrated. Like with the Project Mene avatar, I had to ask Cora to make it because I literally wanted to make her into Mother Goose. As in, turn her into a goose, literally. And I couldn't because we don't have those kinds of items and I would have turned it into some giant feathery grandma kind of monstrosity. Cora did a much better job than I could have.
I still think you would have made an amazing one...but Cora did do a fantastic job!! I understand your need to make things perfect though. 8D
Quote:
I just think a lot of people are relatively private and we're just these random people that you "know" from the internet. No one ever really knows the person they're talking to so it's kind of worrisome to put yourself out there on the internet to strangers like that.
Very true. Good way of looking at it. It was nice to have Roach since like I said, I "broke up" with my best friend just recently too so I had no one to vent to. My mom heard it in the long run and now she wants to murder him 8D
Quote:
I just think it's a difference in how we were raised. My one roommate is a spoiled only child with rich parents so her problems are things like not knowing what to do with her nails this week. And my other roommate is a narcissist eldest child who's also been spoiled by his parents and because of his fortune, he thinks he's above the rest of the world and that the world revolves around him. I just sit here worrying about finding a job and doing well in school so that I can find a job after I graduate that's both in the field that I want to go into as well as something that will be sustainable. It's an awkward mix sometimes.

2004. That's when I joined. I feel like it was another lifetime ago!
I agree and disagree. I agree because I too feel like often times how people are raised plays a huge toll into who they become. However, my sister and I were raised exactly the same and she's a menace @o@. We couldn't be more different and I will never get along with her.

That being said, I feel like the personalities you described has a lot to do with how one is raised. Are you guys friends because you're living together or are you living together because you're friends? Very intriguing!

Haha I joined Gaia in 2003 and it does feel like forever ago @o@!

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Cora hasn't read any of da text walls entirely

lol, its much more fun to not be serious.
XDDD! I like having an actual conversation with someone for a change. Very refreshing XD I find a lot of the "conversations" on here are all one-two lined posts that are made purely for tokens XD (not talking about you, just in general).

ALSO WTH MAN. I left you were in red. I checked on something you were in orange. I come back from my shower and you're in yellow XD

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 07:45 PM

We're living together because we're friends. We all met freshman year of college and one of my roommates was my freshman dorm roommate and the other was our neighbor who lived in the room next to us. We're all great friends, but we all have big personalities.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 PM

That's cray! Not a lot of people with such clashing personalities stay so close! I'm impressed 8D I know if I lived with some of my good friends, I'd tear their heads off *sweet innocent smile*

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 07:49 PM

We're all really close, even when we're fighting. We fight, and then two hours later we're like "Wanna play Monopoly?" Which itself is a problem because we're all very competitive with board games and by the end of a game of Monopoly we're ready to tear each other's heads off haha!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM

BWHAHA! I think that goes without saying for ANYONE playing Monopoly!! I am addicted to board games. Have you ever played Cards Against Humanity? I have never more terrible as a human being as when I play that XD

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 07:56 PM

I haven't. One of my roommates keeps talking about how she wants to get it and the only thing I can think of is, "Isn't that just Apples to Apples?"

One day.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 07:57 PM

I've never played Apples to Apples...or heard of it for that matter. It's basically a game of "who can be the worst human being" xD I'm so good at it, which only means I'm a really bad person >.>;;

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 PM

Apples to Apples is the same I think, but it's to see who can be the funniest, which can in turn become quite vulgar. There's a lot of really rude combos that can happen! For instance, if you got the theme of (and this is just the first thing that pops up because I haven't played in about two years so I've forgotten the combos) Helen Keller you would play the Senseless card. Or Eerie and Sitting on Santa's Lap. The goal of the game is basically to see who can be the most vulgar!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:09 PM

Ah! I think it is very similar then! If you liked Apples to Apples you will most likely like this then :)!

From what you described I think the only difference is that the first card says something as oppose to just a theme. For example there are four people playing. The "reader" picks out a black card and reads it. Sometimes it's something that is like "what ended my last relationship?" and other times it's "When I was tripping on acid, _____ turned into _____."

So for the first example all other players would pick out one of their cards (you're holding a bunch and every time you use one you pick up a new one). For the second example you'd pick out two cards :D Then everyone hands them into the reader and that person has to read them out loud and pick which one they think is the funniest. Sometimes it's dumb (and you're throwing away cards), other times it's funny and most of the time it's horrendously terribly funny. For example, this one makes me giggle in a terrible way: http://funnyshare.org/s/83/67683-Pla...-came-toge.jpg

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM

I'VE GOT MONSTER MADNESS!

Username: EirianHikari
Monster: Zombie
Entry:

I'M FEELING FESTIVE!

Entry:

I'M READY FOR WAR!

Team: Vicky
Entry:

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 PM

Holy shit, that was fantastic haha! I snorted! We'll have to get it sometime. I feel like I could be really good at it. Is there a "winner" in CAH?

Thanks for your entries Eirian! I'll update them shortly!

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM

Awesome, thank you Nova!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM

It's Seiki, not Nova!

*goes to work on Nami entry* > o>

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 PM

Sorry, my mistake, thank you Seiki! :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Ah! I think it is very similar then! If you liked Apples to Apples you will most likely like this then :)!

From what you described I think the only difference is that the first card says something as oppose to just a theme. For example there are four people playing. The "reader" picks out a black card and reads it. Sometimes it's something that is like "what ended my last relationship?" and other times it's "When I was tripping on acid, _____ turned into _____."

So for the first example all other players would pick out one of their cards (you're holding a bunch and every time you use one you pick up a new one). For the second example you'd pick out two cards :D Then everyone hands them into the reader and that person has to read them out loud and pick which one they think is the funniest. Sometimes it's dumb (and you're throwing away cards), other times it's funny and most of the time it's horrendously terribly funny. For example, this one makes me giggle in a terrible way: http://funnyshare.org/s/83/67683-Pla...-came-toge.jpg
omg cards against humanity!!! i've been wanting to get that game so badly!!! but first i have to find it.. and get enough money :/

and i do not think that apples to apples is about being vulgar. xD that's just how some games turn out because of personalities of people playing.

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Don't worry about it. You can call me whatever. Nova is just a small pet peeve xP Don't let Kent scare you <3

Kent, sweet! I love me some more Nami entries! :D

Sha, it's not meant to be vulgar. It just sort of happens >>

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 PM

did you know that girl scouts are cheesy, and boy scouts are chewy?
xD

Project Mene
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Uh.. no xD

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 PM

I'M FEELING FESTIVE!

Username: dragoness129
Entry:

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM

Crap, why didn't I update while I was on PM. Great entry dragoness!

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Aww thanks guys, what a nice thing to wake up too! hehe :) <33
Luv you's as well <33.

In RL i often joke around, but some people take it too seriously as well. Maybe it's my tone of voice or something? I'm often standing there very awkwardly lol.

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM

There are some nice entries being posted!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM

that's what won points in one apples to apples game i played.

Seiki Nova

Old 11-02-2013, 09:18 PM

No problem Roachi! It's true <3