fairywoman823
Send a message via MSN to fairywoman823 Send a message via Yahoo to fairywoman823

Old 05-16-2007, 07:44 AM

Currently Im trying to work my way through Ann Rice's Tale of a Body Thief, Two or three random Dragon books, a romance novel or two and trying to get a hold of Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey.

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM

I'm reading an odd book I found in the school library. It's the person's first book, darn, I can't remember her last name but her first is Meg Kn------- that's all I remember XD

It's called How I live Now, and it's like, kind of odd. It could be related to how the wars are today and stuff. o_O Most of the book doesn't have any punctuation though(which I found odd), but it's a very interesting book. Not for the younger people, though. xD

astolat
n/a

Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 PM

I'm currently re-reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyers. It's seriously one of the best books I've read. I've read it once and I started it again. LOL It's basically a story about a girl who falls for a vampire. But it's not your all-bloody type of story. It's more "down to earth". Anyways, anybody who loves vampire stories will surely like this book.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 AM

For school I'm currently reading Edith Hamilton's Mythology Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes for my classical mythology course.

For personal pleasure I'm reading Emily Gee's Thief with no shadow

whyyesican
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM

My current books/manga

Harry Potter 6
The Supernatralists
The Artemis Fowl Case Files
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Cromartie High School
Some other book that I can't remember the name of :P

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Now that classes are over, I finally have time for pleasure reading! I plan on holing myself up in my room for at least a week, going through every book that's been taunting me from my bookshelf.

First on the list:

The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon.

lilazngirl100
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 PM

For school I have to read Gathering Blue. My friends say that it's the sequel to The Giver But to me..it doesn't seem like thats the sequel though. But I think it's a great book so read it sometimes!!!

danseuse
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-19-2007, 05:34 AM

I just finished "The Miracle Worker" by William Gibson. It's a play about Helen Keller. Now, I need to finish reading Catcher in the Rye because I got halfway and then kept putting it off because I was "busy".

Aosagi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-19-2007, 06:56 AM

A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. I JUST started it, but the basic idea is that it's set in a post apocoloptic future, my dad recomended it because it's apparently a ery accurate telling of how life was like in the middle ages, though I'm not sure if it was intended. hopefully it turns out good.

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM

I'm reading Warriors by Erin Hunter, a VERY good series. Also To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Kasana
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aosagi
A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. I JUST started it, but the basic idea is that it's set in a post apocoloptic future, my dad recomended it because it's apparently a ery accurate telling of how life was like in the middle ages, though I'm not sure if it was intended. hopefully it turns out good.
Thats a VERY good book, I own it, its awesome. Dont put it down for one second!

Jaded Geisha
*^_^*

Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 AM

I'm reading a book called Conversations With Pioneer Women. It's this compilation of interviews this one guy did in the twenties of, you guessed it, pioneer women! :lol:

It's actually really REALLY good! I mean it's totally facinating what these women had to go through when they crossed the plains. Like this one woman crossed when she was a child with her 10 siblings and mother. Instead of going across the plains they went through the ihtsmus (SP?) of panama...

But before they got there their mom died and was burried at sea, so the girl had to take care of her siblings all alone and then tell their dad what happened when they met him in oregon...

If anyone is a history buff like me, they'd deffinately enjoy this book!

Deidara
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Deidara

Old 05-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Nothing. At all. :wink: I never find the time to read or anything so... yeah. Even over the summer, when I have time, I usually don't use it to read. It's just... so boring.

royaljester
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via MSN to royaljester

Old 05-20-2007, 08:45 PM

i'm reading IT by stephen king for fun.... (sorta) i ouldn't go to sleep one night because i was so scared.
for school i am currently reading tale of two cities. its pretty interesting, but without my teacher i would be totally lost. :( i'm not too smart...

broken_angel
*^_^*

Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 PM

I'm currently reading "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou.
I haven't gotten very far yet, but from the descriptions I've read, it sounds like it'll be pretty interesting. :3

...I'm just reading it for a school book project. ^^;

Vanilla Condom
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Condom Send a message via MSN to Vanilla Condom Send a message via Yahoo to Vanilla Condom

Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM

I just finished reading Catcher in the Rye.

SonyTwilight
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to SonyTwilight

Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff
A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris

and other random tidbits here and there.

noirette
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 PM

I'm almost done with Emma and I've just started All the King's Men. I'll probably start Sense and Sensibility later today. I read Pride and Prejudice after the movie came out and a friend reccomended it; since then I've turned into an Austen fanatic.

Lockedtower
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-23-2007, 12:50 AM

I just finished reading Lisey´s Story by Stephen King. Very good book. Defenetly a departure from what im used to reading from King. Its more along the lines of Hearts in Atlantis and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I would highly recomend it to anyone intersted in a semi-fantasy/love story. It is semi-fantasy that it is set up in a realistic world or enviorement but has some elements of fantasy that only come alive towards the end of the book. But most of all, it is a really sweet love story, not like I have read, heard or seen in any movie.

sindibad427
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 PM

i am currently reading how to train your dragon my cressida cowell its a great book

Noisy Nora
n/a

Old 05-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Whoever was talking about Garth Nix a few pages back... <333 I reread the Abhorsen trilogy a few months ago.

And I'm currently reading The Widow and The King, by John Dickinson. It's not fantastic, but I'm enjoying it well enough. [I almost always will finish a book, even if I don't particularly like it, with the hope that it'll get better as I go. XD]

Elie Mei
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-23-2007, 06:28 PM

"On the Road" by Jack Kerouac...been reading it for a long time, though. ._.;; I have a tendency to not read unless I have a large block of free time... which in turn, only happens when I'm travelling.

I think he's becoming my favorite author. :D

. M i d n i g h t .
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2007, 09:45 PM

I'm currently reading the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Although it's for a class at school I think it's amzingly written and well worth the read : D

twinkledust
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to twinkledust

Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 PM

At the moment, I am reading The Alchemist by Paula Coelho. :]

Sariia
n/a

Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 AM

I should be reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.