zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Do you get to collaborate with other teachers to prepare the lessons? I feel like that would be helpful and maybe create a stronger bond between teachers and departments...

I think there's this feature in photoshop for color replacement. Maybe that would work? I'd have to try it though to see. What program do you use to do your pixeling work?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Yea, music lessons are super expensive. My mom didn't even say no when I asked her, she just looked at me a bit and pretended she hadn't heard. ahah Now that I'm older, I think she might have been thinking of ways to tell me why I was insane, but didn't have the heart to. Same with swimming lessons. She just ignored me.

I ended up participating in the school chorus and theatre, but the teachers both gave up after a year. It was extra work for free, so I understand why, but it's still sad.
The teachers gave up? That's terrible D:

Sometimes parents just don't wnat to break your heart...so they just pretend they don't hear you so they don't have to say no because they can't afford it.

I know my mom sacrificed a lot to get me through voice lessons. She taught me flute and voice when I was younger but I had soon surpassed what she could teach me about singing (she wasn't a singer...she was a piano player) and so she got me to voice lessons every week from 7th grade through my senior year of high school. And luckily the lady was super nice and it was 15 dollars a lesson BUT that still adds up. And I'm eternally grateful to my mom for sacrificing that for me.

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Do you get to collaborate with other teachers to prepare the lessons? I feel like that would be helpful and maybe create a stronger bond between teachers and departments...

I think there's this feature in photoshop for color replacement. Maybe that would work? I'd have to try it though to see. What program do you use to do your pixeling work?
We can collaborate all we want :) it's hard when you have no time to meet with them. But for grades like Pre-K who are learning a letter a week, it's easy to create a lesson that incorporates the letter they learn that week.

For other things, I would really have to sit down with a teacher and get together with them.

Mostly I do things on my own. Incorporate language and reading into a lesson or math skills or history. I think that's the great thing about music...is that it's fun because it's music but it can also enforce other skills :D

There is a color replacement feature but I don't have PS D: Supposedly you can do it in MSPaint too but I tried to follow the directions and could NOT get it to work XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure if the teachers gave up, or if the school just wouldn't allow it. I do know that they did it because they loved it, and they had as much fun with it as the kids, and I admire both of them, specially the theatre teacher, she had to do a lot of work all by herself.

Mothers are the strongest people, it feels like there is nothing harder than to be a mother. I know my mom has gone trough hell just to not let her kids starve.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure if the teachers gave up, or if the school just wouldn't allow it. I do know that they did it because they loved it, and they had as much fun with it as the kids, and I admire both of them, specially the theatre teacher, she had to do a lot of work all by herself.

Mothers are the strongest people, it feels like there is nothing harder than to be a mother. I know my mom has gone trough hell just to not let her kids starve.
If they loved it, it sounds like the school made it stop D: Which really sucks >.<

My mother is my hero <3 I love her so much!

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM

It was really sad, because for the kids who couldn't afford to do those things outside the school, it was the best thing. I didn't even mind waking up early on Saturdays to go to school! And we all worked really hard, but it was rewarding because of how much fun it was.

Your mother sure sounds like a hero! :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It was really sad, because for the kids who couldn't afford to do those things outside the school, it was the best thing. I didn't even mind waking up early on Saturdays to go to school! And we all worked really hard, but it was rewarding because of how much fun it was.

Your mother sure sounds like a hero! :)
The county I grew up in had this awesome summer program. It was basically summer school but you went to school to put on a musical and got dual enrollment credits for it as well as high school credit. It was the best! and it was totally free :D

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM

That sounds really cool! I would have loved something like that here. :O

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
The teachers gave up? That's terrible D:

Sometimes parents just don't wnat to break your heart...so they just pretend they don't hear you so they don't have to say no because they can't afford it.

I know my mom sacrificed a lot to get me through voice lessons. She taught me flute and voice when I was younger but I had soon surpassed what she could teach me about singing (she wasn't a singer...she was a piano player) and so she got me to voice lessons every week from 7th grade through my senior year of high school. And luckily the lady was super nice and it was 15 dollars a lesson BUT that still adds up. And I'm eternally grateful to my mom for sacrificing that for me.

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 06:55 PM ----------

We can collaborate all we want :) it's hard when you have no time to meet with them. But for grades like Pre-K who are learning a letter a week, it's easy to create a lesson that incorporates the letter they learn that week.

For other things, I would really have to sit down with a teacher and get together with them.

Mostly I do things on my own. Incorporate language and reading into a lesson or math skills or history. I think that's the great thing about music...is that it's fun because it's music but it can also enforce other skills :D

There is a color replacement feature but I don't have PS D: Supposedly you can do it in MSPaint too but I tried to follow the directions and could NOT get it to work XD
Towards the end of high school we started getting out of school at 2:30 and the teachers had a half hour to collaborate or whatever.

So you use paint then? I feel like it's such a pain to use...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
That sounds really cool! I would have loved something like that here. :O
unfortunately they stopped the program two years ago - that makes me so upset because it was so awesome - we put on some great shows!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Towards the end of high school we started getting out of school at 2:30 and the teachers had a half hour to collaborate or whatever.

So you use paint then? I feel like it's such a pain to use...
We get out early on Wednesdays by an hour so that after that we can have faculty meetings. I feel like it SHOULD be a time to collaborate but instead we have to listen to the principal yell at all of us about stupid things D:

Paint isn't a bad program - for pixel work at least XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM

That sounds really annoying.

It's not bad... I just think the super ugly interface is like a creativity turnoff. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
That sounds really annoying.

It's not bad... I just think the super ugly interface is like a creativity turnoff. ^^;
It is...I'm looking for a job at a new school for next year because the admins here are just terrible D:

I just like it because the fancy effects don't distract me when I'm pixelling XD I would never try to CG using paint though XD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM

Maria Im glad I found you I wanna hug you for the dresses I adore them got one in every color and am now helping a friend get a full set

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM

That's a good idea. I should update my resume and start looking for a new job myself. I just haven't had the time or ambition.

That's true. I think I've just gotten too used to photoshop at this point.

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
lol we aren't all good at everything XD I love to paint but you would never be able to ask me to sculpt something XDD

Agreed...When I see the videos people post with their painting or people avi art in here I am like gahh gimme that talent lol I was watching a video earlier and a guy he painted amazing I would die for those talent

Painting amazing ocean views and scenerys with his hands, fingers, nails in puerto vallarta Mexico - YouTube and DAS IST UNGLAUBLICH ! ANGUCKEN BITTE - YouTube

those are beyond amazing

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Paint is actually a pretty cool program. And it's light and easy to use. I can't even imagine not having it, use it everyday.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
Maria Im glad I found you I wanna hug you for the dresses I adore them got one in every color and am now helping a friend get a full set
Aw thank you so much <3 that means a lot to me as those dresses were such a big pain in the butt D: *huggles Ivvy*

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
That's a good idea. I should update my resume and start looking for a new job myself. I just haven't had the time or ambition.

That's true. I think I've just gotten too used to photoshop at this point.
What do you do for your job?

I love Paint Tool SAI the most personally <333

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Strife View Post
Agreed...When I see the videos people post with their painting or people avi art in here I am like gahh gimme that talent lol I was watching a video earlier and a guy he painted amazing I would die for those talent

Painting amazing ocean views and scenerys with his hands, fingers, nails in puerto vallarta Mexico - YouTube and DAS IST UNGLAUBLICH ! ANGUCKEN BITTE - YouTube

those are beyond amazing
I live with the daughter of the art teacher at my school ...she had a roommate move out and I was looking to move out of my roach filled apartment so the art teacher introduced us and I moved into the extra room...and I've gotten really close to the art teacher...I'm always astounded at what she can do! She's so talented in so many idfferent ways of art!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Paint is actually a pretty cool program. And it's light and easy to use. I can't even imagine not having it, use it everyday.
Paint is so easy for me to pixel in....no shiny distractions :D

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I need to start learning more programme like photoshop and other stuff as a computer student I need to learn soo much

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote:
[/COLOR]

I live with the daughter of the art teacher at my school ...she had a roommate move out and I was looking to move out of my roach filled apartment so the art teacher introduced us and I moved into the extra room...and I've gotten really close to the art teacher...I'm always astounded at what she can do! She's so talented in so many idfferent ways of art![COLOR="lightseagreen"]
oooh awesome =o you are awesome teacher as well hehe

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Strife View Post
I need to start learning more programme like photoshop and other stuff as a computer student I need to learn soo much

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:44 PM ----------

oooh awesome =o you are awesome teacher as well hehe
Photoshop is nice but I just really love how sensitive SAI is <3 Opencanvas 1.1 is a really nice FREE program...at least I like it XDDD

Aw thank youuuu <333

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM

I've been meaning to look into new programs but I haven't gotten around to it. I should give that one a try.

Nepenthe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM

Mm, just had a nice long bath. I'm so waaarm!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM

I wish I could take baths.

Nepenthe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM

I'd miss being able to take baths if I didn't have a tub but at my last house it was all we had, no shower... which was a killer if I wanted a quick wash before work. D:

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM

"Talent" is a developed skill. Don't forget that. Anyone can be an artist, not everyone is because not everyone has the will to. You have to work hard, every single day, you're not born into it.

Ah man, I'm always replying to things late. D:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I've been meaning to look into new programs but I haven't gotten around to it. I should give that one a try.
It's just so user friendly :D and the tools are really nice :D

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Mm, just had a nice long bath. I'm so waaarm!
I haven't had a bath in like 15 years - it sounds so nice right about now!

Quote:
"Talent" is a developed skill. Don't forget that. Anyone can be an artist, not everyone is because not everyone has the will to. You have to work hard, every single day, you're not born into it.

Ah man, I'm always replying to things late. D:
That's very true! It's all about hard work and passion :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'd miss being able to take baths if I didn't have a tub but at my last house it was all we had, no shower... which was a killer if I wanted a quick wash before work. D:
Someone painted our bathtub over and the paint is peeling off so I don't trust taking a bath in it.
Quote:
It's just so user friendly :D and the tools are really nice :D

I haven't had a bath in like 15 years - it sounds so nice right about now!

That's very true! It's all about hard work and passion :D
That sounds nice! Photoshop is so not intuitive or user friendly. V_V