Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glammy View Post
:hugs CK:
you've got so much to doooo~
You need an assistant or something xD
But oh~! I completely forgot about the Winter Nights Festival~! ...and then there's a few in the months right after that, isn' there? Unless we're not doing Vday, Easter or April fools~
XD :hug: I don't mind having things to do. It keeps me from being bored, at least...? Hmm. But everything I do for Menewsha is pretty much what I either studied for in school or want to do for a living, so it's all the sort of thing that I enjoy working on in general. XD

What I'm really hoping is that Torikat can come back to the team when she's through the basic boot camp training she left us for... she joined the military. The rest of the Event Coordinating team (those currently flying blue and those I'm going to ask to join my team when we have more moderators) are great, but Torikat was willing (and perhaps enjoyed) doing all the little tasks none of us on the team like doing. XD;

Event-wise... we're definitely doing Valentine's Day. I can't remember what the official word on St. Patrick's Day, Easter, April Fools or Phoenix Jubilee were. But at least one of those will be celebrated. XD The others will probably be acknowledged in some way, but probably won't have a full event around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
woo event season (sorry CK XD)
I won't be able to be around much for Halloween though, my exams start the week after on the 6th, gotta studddyyy D:
Aw.... Make sure you've got someone willing to save a set for you if you can't drop by much. >_<; I think if you can manage an hour a day during the event, or the equivalent (ie: two hours on one day instead of one) you should be able to get everything. But you know how events go... We have to change things up a little every time so people don't get bored/learn how to cheat the system. I'm not sure if you were there for Celes Paradi (I've talked about the event so much with so many people, I forget who said they'd been there and who hadn't) - but I think the earning rate will be similar.

::shudders at your evil-looking workload:: Good luck on your exams, in advance. D:

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 AM

aww dude. You get to do kind of interesting things.
I'm doing ancient, so it's pretty dusty.
Where doing the Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra, Agrippinna the Younger, The Greek Work 500-440BC and Pompeii and Herculaneum. All of which are down right daft :/

OHGAWWWD. That would kill me.
We just get throw into the exam hall for three hours and it's over. You're history sounds like my english paper though. Ours is split into two papers sat over two days with 5 essays, source anaylsis and a creative writing task.

That'd be nice~ I'm really sort of wishing I'd get mine down sooner. Draggin them out so long is making it hard for me to get studying.

CK
C: you seem to motivated though~! I'd really be terrible at what you're doing, even if I enjoyed it. I'm such a procrastinator~

But oh~!! I forgot about ToriKat. I thought there was someone else who helped with events and whatnot, but couldn't remeber who.
Hopefully she can come back and help~

Vday is always fun. I don't celebrate it IRL, but online it's always so much fun for some reason :nerdymcnerdnerd:
hmmm. I think I missed a lot of the Phoenix Jubilee this year~ at least, I don't remember much of it :"O

Sidenote:
new ref(s) of Cherry going up soooon + those ones of Neithen I need to update~

Last edited by Glammy; 10-22-2008 at 02:46 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
C: you seem to motivated though~! I'd really be terrible at what you're doing, even if I enjoyed it. I'm such a procrastinator~
LOL. What's sad is... I'm naturally a procrastinator too. >_> I tend to be better about deadlines if it's 'work-related' rather than assignments or play. And I often label paid art work as 'assignments' rather than 'work'. >_>; (I don't know why... I suppose it comes down to the fact that if someone asked me if I was an artist or a writer first, I'd always say 'writer'. Art is something I picked up to support my writing. :B)

There's also something to be said for the fact that I'm part of a large team. If I don't keep myself in line, then I'm one non-functioning cog in the clockwork of an event - and even one non-functioning cog can hold up the event... And the bigger the cog, the less chance there is of a replacement/back-up being able to be found. XD;

Quote:
But oh~!! I forgot about ToriKat. I thought there was someone else who helped with events and whatnot, but couldn't remeber who.
Hopefully she can come back and help~
Yeah - I have Seito, who's great. :) She'll take up tasks I really don't want to do and she'll do them quickly, which is nice. Psyrien is extremely busy, so she's not around as much as it'd be great for her to be, but she gives great input on discussions when she is there. Ferra is one of the two staff members I want to take onto the team after we get more moderation staff. The other I'm not allowed to have for awhile. XD And if Torikat is able to come back, it'd be very greedy of me to have them on the team anyway when they're doing a great job where they are. XD; ::rambles half-cryptically::

Quote:
Vday is always fun. I don't celebrate it IRL, but online it's always so much fun for some reason :nerdymcnerdnerd:
I celebrate it IRL... by eating chocolate. Mmmm... chocolate.... :drool: But I do enjoy it more virtually than in real life. XD Even when I had a boyfriend, I liked it more for the chocolate and cards than anything else. xD Some people just put too much stock in it and their depression at not "having someone to celebrate it with" kind of takes all the fun out of it for me. u__u;

Quote:
hmmm. I think I missed a lot of the Phoenix Jubilee this year~ at least, I don't remember much of it :"O
Phoenix Jubilee had a lot of small problems that sort of added up to a big headache (the currency pop-ups didn't quite work correctly on different browsers, the server kept getting overloaded and shutting down the site, people couldn't trade their currency for items sometimes, people were getting no currency while others got bajillions... just to name a few)... The next time it's celebrated, it'll be fantastic, though. XD We should have better resources and we'll have been more experienced with events. XD

Quote:
Sidenote:
new ref(s) of Cherry going up soooon + those ones of Neithen I need to update~
I loves Cherry... so pretty. :heart: XD

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 AM

CK
Well it's good that you can get things done one way or another xD
I just tend to put off doing things.
Like now, I should go study for my Bio exam, but I've decided I just want to get one more profile picture done for my OC's.
Then I'll probably go clean the kitchen up or something.
:woe:

Aaah. That's the exact reason I hate doing group things. I feel bad when I put things off or take to long to get done. I much prefer to have to do everything my self and only have my self to worry about. Less chance of my screwing something up xD

Well, it sounds like you've got some pretty awesome people helping you out C:
and pff. You can just have everyone on your team anyway. It's not selfish. It's uh.
Group bonding.
or something P:

Oh yah. I eat chocolate on the Vday. But chocolate is awesome for any celebration really :>
I think online it's just so much easier to get away from the over saturated side of it. I don't care about 'not having anyone to celebrate with', I just get miffed over endless declarations of luv and bunnies xD

ooooohyes. I remember that now. It was...interesting :O Hopefully everything's cool this year C:

xD Cherry is one of my favorites...the I never use.

uuh. Profile sort of thing for Janus and Nero' that I'll put up later.

I've got one of Aluro' and Jenny to post, but uh...maybe later.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 PM

I'm so brain dead today, thanks to working late last night on the event stuff and only getting about five and a half hours of sleep before a bloody nose woke me up. :B So I keep trying to think of a good reply, but all I can do is go:

@___@ Pretty arts. :heart: Shinnyy... *pet picture* ~u~

XD I think that probably seals all my, "outside of staff forum posts" for the day. ;_; Not if I can't think of a reply to casual conversation. ;__;

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-24-2008, 05:28 AM

I have officially finished school :O
valedictory is done, now I just have to get past the exams... XD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-26-2008, 12:41 AM

8D Glammy! Glammy! I finally have enough to pay you! You can go accept trade now! <33

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-26-2008, 01:11 AM

:luffs on Dystopia:
just accepted it~! ~<3333

slowtrain
It's a pretty weird feeling when you're finally finished.
I only just really 'noticed' on friday. I don't have to be there anymore.
I can do whatever the hell I wont AND I don't have to wear that frikkin' uniform anymore :O

~~good luck with your exam study and whatnot~

CK
:hugs CK:
ooohgosh.
you've so busy~!!!!
I have you get your minimum two weeks annual leave~!! >:D

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM

xD Now I can speak with you without feeling guilty about not paying you! <33

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-26-2008, 01:41 AM

D: you had no need to feel guilty~!
Like I said, I wasn't in an hurry for you to pay me~~~

:hugs:

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-26-2008, 01:49 AM

xD; But I took over two weeks to get it to you. </3

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 AM

sooooooooo~?
I don't mind waiting for these things ~<3
I've got the patience ~

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 AM

xD; I'm glad you're not trying to kill me. *huggles*

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-26-2008, 03:14 AM

yeeeeah, I don't quite know how to feel now...
but thanks!
I'm really going to need it
I'm terrible at studying

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM

I was driving home from going to lunch with someone on friday and realised that I don't have to be at school anymore.
It was a strange feeling buuuut, was soon forgotten by the idea that I have to go to work and then study for exams :"O

:hugs:
I'm sure you'll do fine.
((I'm getting so sick of people telling me that xD))

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 AM

lol, I know that so long as I don't fail I'll get a decent TER, the IB will do that for ya, but still...

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 AM

...I'm just going to pretend I actually know what an TER & IB is :O

I'm guessing it's similar to our UAI (university admission...something. I don't know what the I stands for~) thing?

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM

XD
TER stands for Tertiary Entrance Rank, it comes from our exam score and tells universities how smart we are basically XD

IB is the International Baccalaureate, it's an alternative to SACE (South Australia Certificate of Education) or whatever other local education certificate there is. It's taught internationally and controlled by the IBO in Cardiff
and it's haaaard XD

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 AM

aaah ok. TER is the same as the UAI then.

But oh. That IB sounds like a whole lot of not fun~!!

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 AM

yeeeah, it's hard
but it's also really rewarding, and a fail in the IB is still a decent TER, so I know I'm going to be able to get into practically any uni course I want
IB supposedly teaches you better organization and such but I don't think it's really wored that well
ah well, uni's supposed to be easy after IB XD

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 PM

:clings to Slowtrain:
GO LUCK WITH YOU'RE ENGLISH EXAM IF YOU'RE DOING ONE TODAY~!!!
<3

...unless you're not in Vic >__>;
I forget if your from Adelaide or Melbourne ~~

Last edited by Glammy; 10-30-2008 at 08:43 PM..

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM

I has a question.
I'm thinking of entering, and would like to practice concept art, design, and overall art that works up to a final piece. This would mean i would have pages of thumbnails, character sillouettes, color thumbnails, and a final painting. If I were to enter, would each part working up to the final image be judged as a single entry, or would it be judged as a whole?

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 PM

That's a good question~!

I think I would leave it up to you. If you wanted everything entered seperatly and looked at as different entires, I'd do that but if you want to enter all the concept work and finished work under one entry, then that would work as well. I'd look at it as a 'body of work' rather then a single work I guess?

I've had a little bit of experience with evaluation/looking at work from concept to finished product so it shouldn't be to much of a problem for me when it comes to judging with how ever you want to enter~

I hope that answers your question~!

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Thanks a lot! I'm really liking doing concept art for fun lately, and with the amount of characters and stories to choose from here, I think it would be really fun to explore some designs of your characters, if that's alright with you. DX

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM

You're welcome~

Feel free to explore however you want~ If you need anymore information on anything just ask and I'll see what I can come up with.