NiburuAkina

Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM

I love this anime!! I've been showing it to all of my friends.
SO BEAUTIFUL. :drool:
The characters are very well developed, the art is beautiful, and it stays true to the story.
However, I'm not a fan of the art in the manga. Sorry!

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-28-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongouseki View Post
i love it! i dont like how it was all funny and then at the end of the anime, it got all serious really fast and was condensed and ended. i've only read like 1 of the manga.

It happens a lot in anime, I really liked fruits basket but it kind of threw me for a loop when it got really dark and serious at the end. Another one like that was when they cry, but it just added to the over all creepiness of the story.

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 AM

@Aoi: I know eh? I liked Fruits Basket in the beginning to until everything went depressing so I don't like it anymore. xx

KimikoChan1025

Old 04-05-2009, 05:44 AM

i own the first book of ouran high school host club and finally finished watching the series and i just love it. i love fruits basket too. i need to finish the manga series one day though.

Slytherclaw
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2009, 12:19 AM

Ah, Ouran. <3
When it was first coming out in Japan last year or so, I was keeping up with it. Every new week, I'd be antsy for Wednesday since it always took several days for the fansubs to go through and be posted on Youtube.
I fell in love with that series, but I never actually got past the Halloween episode. I gave up after my computer died and the new one loaded each episode way too slowly.

I adore the Twins. Twincest makes me happy.
xD
Honey and Mori were adorable too.

In fact, this series actually just came out dubbed on Comcast's anime selects section today. I watched the first episode for laughs and was torn between laughing and gagging at the dubs.

Nanenna
Saucy Wench

Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 AM

I actually enjoy the dubb about as much as I enjoy the sub. Lately it seems that the dubbs are on par with the subb, I'm very glad that the dubbing companies finally figured out what they were doing. ^^ The dubb is also amusing because if you buy the series (now I can watch it whenever, even with no internet) you get to listen to all the outtakes! There are some very amusing outtakes.

I find Ouran to be an awesome chick flick, Hatori knew what she was doing because it has the right mix of romance, comedy, hijinks, and a deep plot to keep even guys interested. Recently we were re-watching the series and when we got to the episode when Renge makes her first appearance we realized that the dating sim game she was playing WAS indeed the entire Host Club (sans Haruhi because she hadn't joined yet) when my husband was sure it wasn't. So when we paused to get a better look at it he pointed out that all of the characters on the cover of the game were based on early designs Hatori had made for the Host Club, that was awesome! I love it when authors incorporate stuff like that into the final product, it just makes for a fun viewing.

Yukihiru
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Yukihiru Send a message via Yahoo to Yukihiru

Old 08-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Im sooo in love in ouran high school host club soo much :angel: haruhi is sooo lucky and happy indeed lol....tamaki is soo like a girl abit because the way he acts =3. Of course my favorite is KYOUYA kyaaaaaaah xD his not also genuis but devil hihihihiihihihihihihi....and his sooo good :angel: his tall and handsome too =3 and like his evil side and when his asleep like honey-senpai =3. honey-senpai is such a cutiiie :shock: he maybe a kiddish but still a good material artist he is. Oh, yes, the hitachiin twin brothers too :angel: kaoru like him soo much and hikari too... but hikari is more i like his more suitable for haruhi or maybe not lol. there both handsome and abit yaoi'ish for some reason cannot be express...also the guy beside the black coat hahhahahha....and love when haruhi's hair is still long and lovely more like a girly style haruhi was before....waaaaaaaaaaaaa....everyone in ouran are wonderful...as far as i heard its also from the creators of fruit basket..but im not sure..but looks like it :angel:. maybe thats why haruhi and the others are handsome and cute :angel:. and i love the ending hihihhihii finally...that only tamaki didnt know that haruhi is a girl :angel:..thats all :)

Saiyana2
The Water Sprite

Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 PM

You need to read the Fruits Basket manga, it gets better and there a surprisingly happy ending to it. The Anime never was properly finished because the creator had a very bad car accident.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM

I like ouran high school host club. It;s probably the funniest anime out there. Though the manga is not as good as the anime in my opinion. My favourite character would beeeeeeee, *ponders* I like all of them for different reasons. It;s so rare that I like every charactor, they're brilliantly designed, and they all compliment each other, I like the contrast between haru's bluntness and tamakis passion and energy.

DarkxLorelei
Otakuisms are Everywhere~

Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Of course who has not seen Ouran <3 I have all the manga available, and I have the DVDs, Not to mention I am pretty much the Number One Kyouya Ootori Fangirl!

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 PM

I was very skeptical of this manga.. but then I started reading it and I have to say it's really random and funny.. a bit slow though. It's like.. there's just a bunch of random stories put together and there are only a few volumes that you really have to read in order.

sylph prince

Old 08-29-2009, 09:00 PM

I liked ouran highschool host club it was funny especially Tamaki He was the funniest of them all, but I didnt quite like the manga I started reading it after the anime but I think it was to long.

Heana
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 PM

oh, i love it Nekozawa is so awsome. he relly needs to show up more.

sadie8
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 PM

love tama chan

Aidansidhe
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-05-2009, 11:29 PM

I LOOOOOOVE Host Club! Honey-sempai is my favorite but I also love Tamaki-kun. I've got most of the manga volumes and I've got the anime. The anime was too short imo, but as long as the manga continues, I'm ok!

l1l5n0wfa1ry

Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 AM

love this series. i actually wish there was a 2nd season to the anime. i don't have a fav pairing though it's so hard. if possible i want haruhi to be with all of the boys

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 AM

This anime/manga always made me laugh my butt off. I couldn't stop snickering in the very first episode when the big red arrow was pointing at the vase. I guess I'm just sadistic that way sometimes, lol. I was disappointed in the ending of the anime, though.

kitsuneneo
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 AM

I totally love the twins. They make me happy. I like the idea of a Hikaru/Haruhi romance. ^-^ The whole host club "family" bit was always funny to me, as was the ridiculously idiotic attendees who conveniently couldnt tell Haruhi was a chick.

Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22

Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 PM

I think Haruhi would be best if she was with the twins they would love her so much plus who doesn't want to be loved by a pair of twins? thats like my dream there. i'd say i like the manga better but that seems to be the case for the most part with me. Although the manga is kind of dragging on.

TaintedDream
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 PM

I like it. It was very funny. My favorite in the Alice in Wonderland episode.

AwsomeSauce15
Call me Momiji!! :DDD

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Yes and I frakkin love it.
I think Honey is so cute! :)

Zelds

Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 AM

I loved the Anime, but haven't really read the manga...I'd love it if the anime had a second season...^.^ I think my favorite character has be be Kyoya Ootori, but I loved the twins as well...did anyone else think they'd get along with the Weasly twins from Harry Potter?

JazzPunk
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-19-2009, 12:24 AM

Love it as well. I dont watch much of the anime but I read a lot of the manga of it. Totally awesome!!

Rose Wind and Rain
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 AM

Oh yes, watched the anime and am currently reading the manga, though I do wish the manga updated more than once a month. The series and characters are very addicting. Very very addicting indeed. My favorite is Kyoya. I also like the fact that the manga etc goes into each of the members lives on why and how they joined the club, it is pretty interesting I have to say. The anime music videos are funny too.

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM

I love Ouran High School Host Club!
My favorite host is totally Kyouya, but my favorite characters are Nekozawa and Renge.
I don't know, I really think that the show got good when Renge showed up.
And then Nekozawa makes me squee on the inside when I see him.
I don't outer squee unless I'm at a convention.