L o g a n
hay

Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM

OH I remember that now. xD

So I don't think anyone should be worried about vendors at the moment. If people really want to make profit, they can hoard/exchange.

Vending takes a lot of time and patience, and I doubt no one would want to vend in mene's marketplace as of now (Whenever that is o: ).

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Vixen with a Vendetta

Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM

I'll be honest, I'll probably try it. xD But with my attention span, it'll probably only last like 0.023 seconds.

L o g a n
hay

Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM

Exactly ;D

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM

I think we will do our best to put features into the marketplace that discourage 'vendors'.

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 PM

Yes, like taunting messages for each time they make a new search too quickly. ;D

Hina
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned

Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

That made me giggle..
o,o

But.. A lot of users would be pretty pissed if we weren't allowed to chat.
I can understand if chat is banned from threads that aren't doing any selling or buying, but it should be fine when they are.. I hardly ever leave the exchange to go to other places on menewsha unless I have a specific reason or someone asking me. I don't usually chat in other peoples' exchange thread besides my own, anywho. I report some prices to the guide, not ones that I think are over inflated or deflated. I don't think there's a way to make more users post in the price guide. I guess sellers could request buyers report to the guide, so that more prices could be updated.. Because I'm seriously not seeing any prices updated when I know they are different. o.o

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Not allowing chatting in the Marketplace wouldn't solve anything XD It'd only make people mad... and some people'd do it anyway! If I remember correctly, Roliana had a 'no chatting' rule when they first started, but it didn't last long xD;
I wouldn't mind having a rule saying something along the lines of 'no active threads not conducting any sales business (buying/selling/trading/etc.)'.

As for a Marketplace, I doubt it'd cause much inflation... if any. I remember when Zantarni had user shops though, those were fun XD I liked them, the concept was nice. (For those of you that aren't familiar, you could put items in your user shop for a certain price (that you choose, needless to say), and other users could search through the user shops for an item they want, either by item name or by looking through certain user's shops)
Even if we do have a Marketplace, like Logan said it won't be very active at all XD I'd say one item would get added per hour, on average, lol. Take Zantarni's and Roliana's current Marketplaces as examples.

L o g a n
hay

Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM

I don't like Zantarni's user shops. Dx;; You have to go through every shop to see what you like. Or if you try the search option, most of the items are locked/not for sale. DX

I do like Roli's auction house though. Saves me a lot of time.

And I never said get rid of chatting fyi, if I did I'll edit it out.

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM

I still think taunting messages for people who refresh the marketplace pages too much would be awesome. ;D

Nesseh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 AM

LOL Val. XD
I remember that.

-cough- Anyways, a "vendor" right now is not yet possible. I mean Mene only has what? 100+ users online everyday... I may be wrong.
But all I am saying is that Mene is too small for such thing. And I guess a marketplace RIGHT Now won't be so bad.

And I agree with Melody. It is difficult to find Common sellers here.
And it encourages sellers to sell commons in the Marketplace for less.
People don't need to wait for the 50% to open.

wish

Old 07-03-2008, 02:41 AM

i say the market place only be for commons. CIs + EIs will have to be sold via thread.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-03-2008, 02:43 AM

I don't think Melody was complaining about chatter in Exchange threads in general, just that it makes finding unreported sales of rare items more difficult and thus less accurate.

If you guys know of a sale going unreported, you could always post in that person's thread to remind them to report the sale. That way more sales are being reported accurately and it saves griping that the Menewshan Price Guide isn't being properly updated with the accurate going rate of items.

The FAI movement is fairly useless without those members of FAI remembering to report what they've done. (I do know that most people I know of involved in FAI are reporting their sales - but I also know most people don't report sales at all. )

As for the Marketplace - I don't know what it'll do to sales of rares, but I do look forward to it for the reason of sales of commons. I'd rather sell a common I no longer wanted in an automated way to another user than using the Exchange or using the Sellback store. And I'd rather purchase a common in an automated way from another user than from an Exchange shop.

wish

Old 07-03-2008, 02:46 AM

i agree about the commons in an automatic way CK. xD i find it a hassle to try to find a common for a cheaper price and having to go through each thread. ;-;

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 07-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Anyone can post a sale, just use the proper form to report it. You don;t have to be either the buyer or the seller, just list them, the amount and the thread that it happened in. It would seriously save exchange mods a lot of times in combing through the threads where you guys are chatting. <3

And CK is right in what I was talking about.
When I start going through threads looking for sales I only go back a page or two because I have a ton of threads to go through. If they are all chatting on the pages I look at about random stuff and 3 or 4 pages back there were sales I miss them. If they are talking about a sale/item I'll check back further. *shrugs*

I don't see why people don't report the sales...you gain gold and you don't have to do anything but fill in information. :P Not to mention if you aren't sure of a price the price guide will be more accurate

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-03-2008, 04:45 PM

I still can't believe how things inflated with games. Who would be willing to sit long enough to earn more than 1k? I can't make myself sit past 500g. I mean, that's 10 games of tertis at least, and takes me nearly an hour on a good day, because I start every game on level 10. xP

And, I'm rather good at Tetris. And, I definitely don't even play everyday x3

I think something needs to be done about forum gold to compensate for the loss of tags, posting just isn't that rewarding anymore.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 07-03-2008, 05:38 PM

You get more for posts now then you did in the previous software. *shrugs*

and I could play 10 games of tetris and get 500 gold in about 30 minutes if I was bored. I start at level 8 and generally make it to the point cut off for 50 gold in a minute or two. sooo...it really doesn't take that long. ^^;; (I actually just did that on my mule about an hour ish ago. :P)

Hina
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned

Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 PM

I never really farmed tetris except for like small amounts like 300 gold..
I never had the patience..
But now that I'm in debt, I understand how they could sit there and just play for hours.
XD;;

edit;
and could it be acceptable to screenshot any trades we see? I know that would be a LOT easier for me.. and I'd probably end up reporting trades other then my own. xD;;

Last edited by Hina; 07-03-2008 at 08:47 PM..

wish

Old 07-03-2008, 08:47 PM

even though we supposedly get more gold for our posts. i noticed the i posted three times yesterday (with a sentence) that normally on the old system would get me about 2-3g per post on the old system, but only gave me 1g total for all three posts on the new system. o__O

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM

wish ~ Jelly explained that in another thread.. In the old system you were automatically given 1.5gold per post and then something like .015g per character. Now you get no gold automatically per post and you get .02 gold per character or something.. so if you have a longer post it will be worth more gold then in the old system. But shorter posts are worth less...

wish

Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 PM

ooh i see. xD

but most people usually don't post long long long remarks when they're chatting. x-x;;

so i suppose the games sort of balance that out. :O

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 07-04-2008, 03:41 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Eroy, I was wondering what the calculation was because I was noticing the difference as well. Well being the math fanatic that I am I figured out that 300 characters would equal out the same for the old system and the new system. 300 x 0.015 + 1.5g = 6g also 300 x 0.02 = 6g....SO that being said anything over 300 characters gains more gold now then it did before. I don't think I normally type that many characters when just chatting but again we now have the new games so I do think that helps with the balance when you think back to when we had only fishing which gave less than half what we can get in Tetris each day. I didn't think so at first but I now see its balanced pretty well. ^_^

EDIT: I was curious so I checked and my original post was 561 characters because I got 11.22g lol, I should probably find more productive things to do with my time, but I just love math XD *is numbers freak* XD

Last edited by crunky; 07-04-2008 at 03:59 AM..

Secret
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Secret

Old 07-04-2008, 08:45 AM

Something I found to be amusing is that all these FAI people are selling/buying the current CIs for 100-150 gold more than they usually go for when they are new. o_O How is that fighting against inflation?

Meh.

Hina
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned

Old 07-04-2008, 09:01 AM

I sold around 6 sets for 650g. >>;
Probably more.
nnn.
It should settle down later in the month.
I would sell more sets if I could afford to, but I cannot.

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 AM

650g isn't so bad, is it? >.o

Hina
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned

Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 AM

yeah but a lot of people who have FAI in their thread titles and such are selling sets 800g+ n_n
I wish people would learn not to buy sets at the beginning of the month.