LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post

Hey there, Livi! Long time no see, my dear. How is the family? Kiddos? Your Holidays?
It has been way too long!! Alex distracted Bec and Soph with some of their new toys, and the munchkins are asleep, so I decided to get on for a bit.
The family is doing great! Will and Mae are both so close to taking those first steps, and are both crawling like champions, and babbling up a storm -- Mae is also a sleep talker, it's adorable.
Becca is still loving school and is looking forward to school starting back up in January and Soph is still the queen of tantrums and randomly falling over her own two feet - and running into things, but she's also doing great! They're all growing up way too fast!! Our holidays were great, started early with present opening with just the kids. And then we went over to mum's for Christmas dinner with everyone and group gifts. It was pretty great!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 10:15 PM

Glad to hear that the family is doing well. Can't believe still how much the munchkins have grown! Damn near walking! Pretty sure you were just pregnant with them last month!

Took my friend to get her first ever pedicure on Saturday and had a revelation as the lady was asking about the Care bear tattoo on my ankle, it's 12, almost 13 years old. It doesn't feel like that long ago I was 21! Time just gets faster as you grow older, it's so messed up.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 12-26-2017, 10:16 PM

Absolutely love your avatar, Hime! Such a bright spot in these dark times (of year, at that!).

I do like Roachi's idea of peer nominations - agreed, so many old users (even users who've been here for at least a year are probably used to Mene's culture of no-begging to the point of rarely-even-asking-friends-for-loans ). Plus, it feels good to be nominated/recognized by peers! And maybe it'll motivate less active users to stick around if they end up with a sweet little sack of gold.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear that the family is doing well. Can't believe still how much the munchkins have grown! Damn near walking! Pretty sure you were just pregnant with them last month!

Took my friend to get her first ever pedicure on Saturday and had a revelation as the lady was asking about the Care bear tattoo on my ankle, it's 12, almost 13 years old. It doesn't feel like that long ago I was 21! Time just gets faster as you grow older, it's so messed up.
It really does feel like I blinked and they just grew. They have such unique personalities! Doesn't help either that I've barely been online during the last year that they've grown up, so it's a shock for most people when I do get on and they're like "Wait?! They're almost walking!!" They both can walk, but not on their own, and they fall down as they get so excited, after like one step. And as soon as one falls, the other one falls over from laughing. The girls find it pretty funny too. They're both so easily amused.

Oh, I so agree there! Time really does fly so much faster the older I seem to get too -- I got hit really hard last month when we passed the 11th anniversary of my twin's death. That really threw me for more loops than I anticipated it. November was a really tough month for me. The twins spend a lot of time with my mum -- during the week when Bec and Soph were at school - because getting out of bed was something that was really tough. My depression really made life hard. :( But I've been working a lot with my therapist, and she's been a huge help -

*Hime*

Old 12-26-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
Absolutely love your avatar, Hime! Such a bright spot in these dark times (of year, at that!).

I do like Roachi's idea of peer nominations - agreed, so many old users (even users who've been here for at least a year are probably used to Mene's culture of no-begging to the point of rarely-even-asking-friends-for-loans ). Plus, it feels good to be nominated/recognized by peers! And maybe it'll motivate less active users to stick around if they end up with a sweet little sack of gold.
thanks. ;)
Love your avatar! everyone is looking sparkly today

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
I was thinking maybe people can PM and nominate someone to get a gold gift? And we can just do a raffle at the end and give it out. Like e.g there will be x1 20k prize, x2 10k prizes, x4 5k prizes etc etc.
What do you think?

I think most of the people that visit our thread are older members and don't want to ask for gold lol.
That is something to seriously consider. If you want to write it up, I'll post it in one of the empty reserved posts on the front page. There are still plenty of days for people to be nominated. But, I think we should handout the gold the next to last day, that way people can spend it on the commons if they want them.
Quote:

Nothing better than a bulging sack... of gold. *snickers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
It really does feel like I blinked and they just grew. They have such unique personalities! Doesn't help either that I've barely been online during the last year that they've grown up, so it's a shock for most people when I do get on and they're like "Wait?! They're almost walking!!" They both can walk, but not on their own, and they fall down as they get so excited, after like one step. And as soon as one falls, the other one falls over from laughing. The girls find it pretty funny too. They're both so easily amused.

Oh, I so agree there! Time really does fly so much faster the older I seem to get too -- I got hit really hard last month when we passed the 11th anniversary of my twin's death. That really threw me for more loops than I anticipated it. November was a really tough month for me. The twins spend a lot of time with my mum -- during the week when Bec and Soph were at school - because getting out of bed was something that was really tough. My depression really made life hard. :( But I've been working a lot with my therapist, and she's been a huge help -
I am sure your therapist has told you, one day at time is all you can do. Holidays in general are chaotic and filled with emotions, they can be unbearable for several reason. Glad you are making it through and there is always this new year to look forward to as well.

My birthday gifts to myself this year are, quitting smoking and getting back to the gym. And by that, I mean establishing a routine and sticking to it. Thankfully the husband will go with me and that makes it easier to keep up.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-26-2017, 10:31 PM

silly queenie I hide them in my pile of gold. If you stack the coins right it really seals in the odor

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 10:32 PM ----------

I suppose my quest is to make people smile and make sure no one is lonely here. If I achieve that feel free to throw dolla at me. I'm a happiness hooker.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 12-26-2017, 10:33 PM

Queen, I was hoping you'd fall for the old, hairy, saggy sack!

Okay, gotta run for dinner with family! Then after, we're seeing the new Jumanji "reboot" (not quite a sequel, and I don't think it even has anything really to do with the old movie... and seems pretty much like a bro comedy... I've heard bad things so I'm grumpy but going to be a good family person while I'm still home for the holidays).

Laters, you beautiful perverts!

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 05:33 PM ----------

-flings a dollar into Easty's stretched-out, threadbare g-string-

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I am sure your therapist has told you, one day at time is all you can do. Holidays in general are chaotic and filled with emotions, they can be unbearable for several reasons. Glad you are making it through and there is always this new year to look forward to as well.

My birthday gifts to myself this year are, quitting smoking and getting back to the gym. And by that, I mean establishing a routine and sticking to it. Thankfully the husband will go with me and that makes it easier to keep up.
Yeah, a day at a time is the only way for me to deal with this most days. Or focusing on things an hour at a time when a day at a time seemed too overwhelming. Plus this was our second year going through the holidays without dad too, so that was a double whammy. There were days when mum would just show up to take the twins - Alex was in constant contact, it seemed to help her, to get to spend time with the twins to give her that to focus on instead of missing dad. So it was a win/win for both of us.

You can do it!! <3 It does help to have someone there to keep us accountable with things! ^_^

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 PM

Layers facade

*Hime*

Old 12-26-2017, 10:36 PM

well I am happy I can buy new stuff. I love the event commons

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-26-2017, 10:45 PM

Nice avi hime

*Hime*

Old 12-26-2017, 10:54 PM

thanks eastriel. to be honest, I am.uninspired. I usually let the new CI inspire me but with the trades being down since last event.I feel frustrated.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:00 PM

Thanks a lot for the gold.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastriel View Post
silly queenie I hide them in my pile of gold. If you stack the coins right it really seals in the odor

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 10:32 PM ----------

I suppose my quest is to make people smile and make sure no one is lonely here. If I achieve that feel free to throw dolla at me. I'm a happiness hooker.
I can see how you'd make a great hooker, Easty. You got the flash and pizzazz.
Quote:
Queen, I was hoping you'd fall for the old, hairy, saggy sack!

Okay, gotta run for dinner with family! Then after, we're seeing the new Jumanji "reboot" (not quite a sequel, and I don't think it even has anything really to do with the old movie... and seems pretty much like a bro comedy... I've heard bad things so I'm grumpy but going to be a good family person while I'm still home for the holidays).

Laters, you beautiful perverts!

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 05:33 PM ----------

-flings a dollar into Easty's stretched-out, threadbare g-string-
Let me know how you like the movie, kind of want to see it, but not sure. I need reviews!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Yeah, a day at a time is the only way for me to deal with this most days. Or focusing on things an hour at a time when a day at a time seemed too overwhelming. Plus this was our second year going through the holidays without dad too, so that was a double whammy. There were days when mum would just show up to take the twins - Alex was in constant contact, it seemed to help her, to get to spend time with the twins to give her that to focus on instead of missing dad. So it was a win/win for both of us.

You can do it!! <3 It does help to have someone there to keep us accountable with things! ^_^
Glad your mom was there to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
well I am happy I can buy new stuff. I love the event commons
Seems like you are enjoying them, Hime. And yourself colorful, nice spot of color in this otherwise bleak wintery time.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Glad your mom was there to help you out.
I'm glad that she's been able to be there for us too. <3

*Hime*

Old 12-26-2017, 11:06 PM

they are indeed very lovely but there are so many pages!
I am very curious to the event items, if there are any this year

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-26-2017, 11:14 PM

yeah, i think there's gonna be 5! they're just trying to spread them out since the event is gonna be like 11 days long.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Thanks a lot for the gold.
You're most welcome. Nephila. It's all about spreading that joy around.

Interesting, I selected your post, Livi as a multiquote and it didn't take your's, instead it showed the one you quoted of me. How bizarre.

Every parent needs a break from time to time and every grandparent needs a distraction, it's great that you two live so close to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
they are indeed very lovely but there are so many pages!
I am very curious to the event items, if there are any this year
The colors aren't bad, just haven't seen any that I would use in an outfit. That could change, who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
yeah, i think there's gonna be 5! they're just trying to spread them out since the event is gonna be like 11 days long.
Actually, if you count the days, it's like 15 days, it's crazy.

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 04:30 PM ----------

Really starting to worry about the cold I had becoming a sinus infection. Serious sinus pressure, nose is not running and what does come out when I blow is a yellowish green or clear, sometimes mixed with red. Ugh.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:39 PM

I am wondering about the event rares too. I'm surprised one hasn't been released yet.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 11:58 PM

I think the length of the event has them spacing their releases out. At least, that's my educated guess.

*Hime*

Old 12-27-2017, 12:20 AM

wow look at the time. well passed bed time..
kittens.decided.to.play on the sleeping sofa right now

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-27-2017, 01:16 AM

Time definitely has a way of getting away from us.

Home from work, the husband ran off to get some food and I am watching Kiss the Girls. Morgan Freeman is awesome in this movie.

Wishing my face didn't hurt so much right now. Damn sinus pressure is getting me down. Might have to call the medline tomorrow and get some antibiotics, dag nab it.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-27-2017, 01:50 AM

my stream went really well and now i get to relax for the next on mene

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-27-2017, 02:03 AM

'stumbles back in sleepily' hello dunno how long im up or active but i here for bit.