Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSinister View Post
lol~ Everyone's been on that. I won't see a few of my wow friends because they got the annual pass on wow which gave them diablo 3 free. T.T That game stole my friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M i n u x e View Post
@Liz: O diablo 3.... I have quite a few friends that game on facebook so recently my wall has had many diablo 3-related posts. I remember playing diablo 2 when I was younger at my cousin's house but I don't think I really understood the game. I just like going around killing the monsters with cool looking skills.
I never played any of the games in the series. But it looks like a lot of fun.

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I never played any of the games in the series. But it looks like a lot of fun.
I still have yet to see anything other than a trailer for it. I don't even know what the gameplay even looks like. :P

Sweetsunnyrain
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sweetsunnyrain

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 AM

I play mostly songs by the composer Vivaldi, but if i hear a pop song, or vocaloid song, etc, that I like, I'll listen to it once or twice then play it. ^u^ <3

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 AM

That's awesome. My passion is creating music as well. I'm going back to school for music production here soon because it's my dream to be a famous dj/music producer.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 05-21-2012, 02:32 AM

Hello guys, I'm finally back! I'll gather all the new names for round 4 in a sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Hammy, I want to stop in and say hi to you, but I don't have an art-worthy avatar. So don't count me in for the contest, I just wanna say hi. :D How goes it?
Man, I think your avatars are fine! But if you really don't want to be counted then... who needs you? :talk2hand:

It goes alright, finally done with classes and such. Going to Denver for a con in a few weeks. How are you?

Sweetsunnyrain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Sinister: O gosh, you compose? :D I do too!!

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 AM

What con are you going to, hammy?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 AM

Oh hey the Hammy returns!

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 AM

Denver Comicon, it's my first one. :eager:
  1. Liztress
  2. ProfessorSinister
  3. `Kitami
  4. Ferra
  5. M i n u x e
  6. Jesmond
  7. EirianHikari
  8. ~Black Petals~
  9. Hatake Ayumi
  10. shinigamikarasu
  11. Maria-Minamino
  12. Demoscout
  13. hummy

Lots of entries this time. Let's see...

The 13-sided dice lands on 9

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 07:38 PM ----------

Ferra wins a freebie!

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunnyrain View Post
Sinister: O gosh, you compose? :D I do too!!
I used to do it a lot more than I do now when I actively played my sax. Now I just kind of dabble on composing little sections of songs as I learn music production software I already have installed.

Welcome back Hammy!

Congrats Ferra!

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
@Jesmond: Programs like that sound really cool! I know my friend's sister participated in a program like that in Korea and she had a good time.
I bet! They sound so... rich and culturally inviting, haha. If I had the chance now I know I probably would. Well, in a year or so anyway.

Congrats, Ferra! :D

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 AM

Dang Hammy eludes my complicated avatar once again. >n>
I was planning on changing it eventually, so maybe if she ever does pick me it will be less complicated.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 AM

Congrats ferra! I wonder if she's around right now...

@Sinister: That sounds cool! That kind of school sounds like it would be quite fun. I wonder what it's like to go to those types of schools, university is quite boring. D:

@Jes: Well since you are really interested in participating in it I'm sure you will get a chance to. Is there a country you particularly want to go to?

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
@Sinister: That sounds cool! That kind of school sounds like it would be quite fun. I wonder what it's like to go to those types of schools, university is quite boring. D:
Oh I know what you mean. I was in college before, majoring in Zoology and the only thing I looked forward to in my classes was my theator for non majors class. That was fun and it made me realize that my passion lied outside the realm of science.

Sweetsunnyrain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSinister View Post
I used to do it a lot more than I do now when I actively played my sax. Now I just kind of dabble on composing little sections of songs as I learn music production software I already have installed.

Welcome back Hammy!

Congrats Ferra!
I don't use any programs or anything lol. Just...by...painful...hand..OTL

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 AM

*Rolls on into the drawing room* Heyo guys :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 02:49 AM

i hope everyone has a nice night.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 AM

Hey there, Woods! How are you?

I think I'm gonna get a bite to eat, then get started on the freebies owed.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 AM

Hammy:: Oh neat. I've never been.
I went to Nan Desu Kan last year, and that's the only con I've ever been to. XD;;

Congrats Ferra!

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunnyrain View Post
I don't use any programs or anything lol. Just...by...painful...hand..OTL
These programs are soooo confusing and tedious sometimes. It's part of the reason I want to go to schooling. I know there are people out there that have made it by simply doing things on their own and learning as they go, but I've just never had the type of drive and discipline it takes to learn something on my own, without any structure.

Besides, it gets really frustrating for me when I want a song to sound a certain way, and I have to figure out how to make it sound that way through the process of elimination clicking on things and trying stuff out. I'd just rather have a teacher explain what things mean, give me assignments where I would have to apply what I've learned over and over until it's second nature to me.

I learn better that way than just wading in the abyss.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 AM

@Sinister: I'm in a science program too so I can totally relate. That is a pretty big jump though, from science to music production. It's good you found what you are really passionate about!

Sweetsunnyrain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 AM

Hm, I see. ^u^

I have perfect pitch, so I'm all good with the notes and keys, but my theory's kinda suckish.... >u>;

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletSpamlet View Post

Hey Hammy! Goood! I just had to start poking my head in threads! I love getting to talk to more people during events.

And if you are getting food, bring us back some :drool: ;)

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-21-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletSpamlet View Post

I already ate dinner yet I feel so hungry like I hadn't... :gonk:

ProfessorSinister
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
@Sinister: I'm in a science program too so I can totally relate. That is a pretty big jump though, from science to music production. It's good you found what you are really passionate about!
Yeah. It took me a while too on something that should've been completely obvious. I've always been passionate about music, be it singing, dancing, playing instruments, or playing around on various music production computer programs and video games. I had just been conditioned to draw away from the arts as a career choice. My father deals in computers and wanted me to have a more, secure way of life. So I guess in a way, my choice to become a vet because of my love of animals was created by my father. It was what was expected of me, so I didn't stop to think about what I might have wanted to do with my life until I finally moved out.

I guess I just wasn't used to being in control of my life as an adult. I'd always relied on my parents to guide me. Sure I've always been the curious adventure type, but if something was too great of an unknown I got scared off.