sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM

The second answer was to ask the door - "If I asked you which door leads to the city of truth before, which door would you have told me?" (negative and negative = positive, positive and positive = positive). and you choose the door that it directs you to.

answer to your riddle is the word 'snowing'

snowing, sowing, swing, sing, sin, in, and i

"There was a green house.
Inside the green house there was a white house
Inside the white house there was a red house.
Inside the red house there were lots of babies."
Hint: A fruit

ana-loli
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM

watermelon

I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM

Pencil lead

A man and a woman were driving in their car when it broke down. The man decided to go for help at a gas station a few miles back. He made sure nobody was in the car, rolled all the windows up, and locked all of the sedan's doors. He went off, but when he came back, his wife was dead, and there was a stranger in the car. No physical damage was done to the car, so how did the stranger get in?

ana-loli
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM

The woman was pregnant and died during child birth and the stranger was the baby

A man was in a small town for the day, and needed a haircut. He noticed that there were only two barbers in town, and decided to apply a bit of logical deduction to choosing the best one. Looking at their shops, he saw that the first one was very neat and the barber was clean shaven with a nice haircut. The other shop was a mess, and the barber there needed a shave and had a bad cut besides. Why did the man choose to go to this barber instead?

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM

Since even barbers rarely try to cut their own hair, and there are only two barbers in town, they must cut each other's hair. The one with the neat hair must have it cut by the one with the bad haircut, who must then be the better one, considering his own haircut.

Two convicts are locked in a cell. There is an unbarred window high up in the cell. No matter if they stand on the bed or one on top of the other they can't reach the window to escape. They then decide to tunnel out. However, they give up with the tunneling because it will take too long. Finally one of the convicts figures out how to escape from the cell. What is his plan?

ana-loli
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM

They use the dirt from the tunnel and stand on it then one on top of the other.

I am usually round. I am as light as a feather but, thousands of men cannot carry me. What am I?

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM

I'm just going to go out there and say it's an egg - a human egg. Women carry those.

So, I saw this boy crying and asked, "Jay, why are you an eye?" What did he reply?
(Unrelated, but I must admit that I hate this one.)

ana-loli
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Answer to mine was a bubble.

J got his tail stolen and turned him into an I?

Ten pirates find a buried treasure of 100 pieces of gold.
The pirates have a strict ranking in their group: Pirate 1 is the lead pirate, Pirate 2 is second-in-command, Pirate 3 is the third most powerful pirate, and so on.
Based on this ranking, the pirates decide on a system to determine how to split up the 100 pieces of gold. The lead pirate (Pirate 1) will propose a way to divy it up. Then all the pirates (including the lead pirate) will vote on that proposal. If 50% or more of the pirates agree on the system, then that is how the gold will be divied up. However, if less than 50% of the pirates vote for the proposal, then the lead pirate will be be killed. The next-most powerful pirate will then become the lead pirate, and they'll restart the process (Pirate 2 will suggest a way to divy up the gold and it will be voted on by the rest of the pirates). This will keep going on until finally a proposal is agreed upon.
All of the pirates are very smart and very greedy. Each pirate will vote against a proposal if they know that they would end up with more gold if that proposal were to fail. A pirate also will never vote for a proposal that gives him 0 pieces of gold.
You are Pirate 1. You must come up with a proposal that will give you as much gold as possible, without getting yourself killed. Keep in mind that the rest of the pirates all know that if your proposal fails, then Pirate 2 will succeed at coming up with a plan that benefits him the most while not getting him killed.
What's your proposal?

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM

I like egg better 8D
And, I like your answer better than the one I was told. “Jay, why are you and eye?” is intended to go with the letters JYRUNI, which is intended to be an anagram for “injury.” Like I said, it was a bad one anyway.

So, Pirates: 96 for me, 4 for four others (except 2 and 3) and rum for all.

SPOILERX

If everyone was killed and we were left only with pirates 9 and 10, 9 would keep all of the gold himself. That leaves pirate 10 to vote for any proposal, as long as he gets one piece.
Going to 8, 9, 10 – 8 would need two votes. The most he could keep for himself would be 99. Because 9 would benefit from refusing anything less than 100, 8 would bribe 10 with a whopping one piece of gold. That’s one more than he would have gotten holding out.

7, 8, 9, 10. Again, if 9 holds out, he can get the whole booty. So, no one will be trusting 9 as of yet. 8 wouldn’t dare vote for 7, in hopes of later getting 99 gold pieces. So,7 would bribe 10 with the same one gold previously mentioned. That means that it’ll never get past this point because 10 and 7 would make up the 50%

So, 10, 8 and 9 would each vote for me if I were to offer them at least one piece of gold. 8 and 9 should know that they’ll never get a chance to be in charge, so will have to accept my one coin abuse. 10 will only be getting a maximum of one coin anyway, so will likely be inclined to vote for it immediately in order to secure that gold.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 6 needs three votes. He’ll keep 98 for himself then distribute two more to a combination of 8, 9, and 10.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 5 needs three votes, the same as six. So, the situation works out just the same.

4,5,6,7,8,9,10. 4 needs four votes. 97 for himself, then one a piece to 8, 9, 10. Once again, this is easily possible.

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 3 needs four votes, same as 4.

So, if 3 were to hold out and give one coin a piece to 8, 9, and 10, and that 8, 9, and 10 already understand that they’ll be stuck with one coin either way, the entire situation would never get past this point. No one would get more than one coin past the time when 3 was the leader.

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 2 needs 5 votes, just like me. He can’t trust 3, but anyone else should be satisfied with one gold piece. It’s the most they’ll get.

So, with all of us still alive, I would simply give 4 coins to my favorite friends below position 3 and keep 96 for myself. I would them proceed to buy us all a big rum cake to share over a laugh~ Assuming we’re all best friends.

Two fathers and two sons go out fishing and each catch a fish, but they only bring three home. How?

ana-loli
*^_^*

Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM

I am really confused,

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Nothing to say. Random answer: unicorn!

In this riddle, try to find out whats wrong.

My three friends and I loved to look at Ghost Pictures on the internet. One night, we decided to try it our selves. We went over to the creepy, supposedly haunted house down the street. Each of us brought cameras with us and took pictures of each other all over the house. After we had taken pictures of every nook and cranny, I took all my friends' cameras home with me. I looked through all the pictures that we had taken and none of them had a single ghost! Suddenly I got an idea. I decided to photoshop one of the pictures to have a "ghost" in it. I chose one with all four of us in a room with no furniture or windows. I showed it to my friend. "Seriously?" asked my friend, the color draining from his face. "Yea, creepy, right?" I said. Ha! what a dummy!

Hint: There were only four of the kids.