Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 PM

It was fun. Finally got to get back together with a friend we met in California. She moved up to VA so we went to visit her family and trick or treat with them. It was wonderful. <3 I missed them so much.

and Thanks! I made Kuras tail (can't see it xD) and the Bow my husband is wearing. >.> no time for the vest or jacket though. maybe next year? xD I think we'll re-use the Alice in Wonderland costumes later, since i love the story. (well Scott and I will probably not the kids, they'll be too big for them in a few months! D: )

No, I can't believe it's november. I swear the new year is out to get me! D: I've started christmas shopping though!

Akutenshi Uke
The Weird Otaku Girl
Send a message via MSN to Akutenshi Uke

Old 11-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Happy Halloween and hello

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 11-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Good looking family you have there Mel.

Blazestorm
Burn, baby, BUUUURRRRRN....

Old 11-01-2009, 02:56 PM

The Alice in Wonderland theme is very cute one, Mel! I wouldn't blame you at all for re-using it! It's always extra fun too, imo, when the whole family can get into a theme! Very cute. And you have a very nice family!

One of my favorite Halloweens was when one kid was dressed as a tiger, the other as an elephant, and I as the "ringmaster"! It was cute... (even if I do say so myself! XD)

Hello Mei Shinju Kokoro. How are you?

*waves to Roo* How are ya, hun? ... been a while since we've chatted!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 03:10 PM

xD I like family themes. and Scott and I enjoy dressing up too, I think it makes it more fun when you do things as a family. There were a ton of parents just wearing normal clothes when we were out yesterday. I think it takes away some of the 'magic' from the holiday. But that could just be me since I enjoy dressing up and playing with make up. XD

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM

I agree about the grown-ups dressing up adding to the spirit of Halloween, Mel! DH & I dressed up last night too... and during trick-or-treating, were welcomed by many of our neighbors dressing up to greet the kiddies too, which was really great to see!

Lady Lily
Always AWOL when you need her.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:27 PM

happy halloween everyone

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 03:28 PM

That's awesome Blaze! Hardly any parents over here seem to dress up! Granted, hardly anyone here seemed to have candy too. :/ Going up and down the street was hard on the kids since in a street of say 10 houses, 3 had candy. so we went around a lot extra trying to get a decent amount...and it just sucked. (candy wise, company was awesome though. xD and they made up for it)

Kokihi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween!

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM

*nod* yeah, we have a good neighborhood for things like Halloween, Mel. We either chose well, or got lucky - I'm not entirely sure which! LOL!! (but I am grateful for it nonetheless!)

Hello Lady Lily and Kokihi. Hope your Halloween was a good one!

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM

That sounds like fun Blaze and Mel. Not many do that here anymore.

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Yeah - it's unfortunate, Roo... so many people, it seems, have forgotten how to *play*... or even to recognize when (& how) it's appropriate!! *shakes finger at all the "stuffed shirts"* LOL!

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:54 PM

For me, it's more that I just don't have the imagination to think of something to dress up like. I know there are many possibilities but my brain doesn't know that when I need to think of something.

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 03:57 PM

*nod* I understand, Roo... that probably happens more often than not to folks! You could always check out costume sites for ideas, perhaps? I usually end up just throwing something together last minute... fortunately, my kids don't care if it looks good or if it's "believable" or not!!

.... so what's up with all these event currencies, anyway? I don't have the mental bandwidth right now to deal with it all (+ exchanges and whatever too)!! *wails*

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah it makes it kind of harder to get what's needed with so many.

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm thinking that I'll just collect whatever comes my way (since it's largely random anyway), whenever it occurs to me to post or visit whatever-his-name-is and just see what I have at the end of a couple days' time... "purchasing" only what I really like (since I'm not likely to complete the set - I shouldn't be here now due to RL responsibilities!!!). Glad I'm not the only one who finds it a little confusing and time-consuming, Roo!

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:06 PM

Yeah I should be going to shower so I can go deposit my paycheck.

Oh Blaze, I have an extra pumpkin like eternal is holding on my mule. Just let me know and I can send you one :)

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 04:08 PM

Oh Roo... if you don't mind, I'd love to have it (thank you! :heart: ) ... it's very cute!! XD Can I send you anything in return??

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:09 PM

I have a couple extra on her so I don't mind. That's what they are for. I will do that right now. It will come from TrueLight.

Ok, trade sent and accepted on my end. I sent extras for each item from that event that I had.

Last edited by roocee; 11-01-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 04:17 PM

xD The extra currencies do make it harder. You can trade the bones etc in for other currencies so that helps as well. I'm just trying to get the items as they come out. xD

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Thanks Roo! :heart: I really like the name of your mule, by the way! *nodnod* You didn't answer my question about whether or not there's anything I can do to repay you though! >.> *contemplates sneaky things (for when I have time)* LOL!!

Yes Mel, the extra currencies certainly add a level of complication to things - which is probably fine, except that I've basically been MIA from *everywhere* for the last 2 months and just do not have the time, or bandwidth to deal with exchanges, etc right now (& don't expect to get any anytime soon)!!

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Nothing that I can think of Blaze :)

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 PM

Hey, we all get into busy times Blaze, it's cool. (:

Blazestorm

Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Ok Roo - thanks again!

*nod* This is true, Mel!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 04:40 PM

*squee* I just finished my new outfit. I love the cute Halloween candy themed stuff!