LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 AM

And for some reason Meyer loves to have love triangles. I started her book The Host and while I liked it a lot better than Twilight, she still threw in a love triangle that drove me batty.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 AM

I don't think any love triangle could be worse than the one in twilight. I couldn't finish the second book. I felt I'd read enough to make a legitimate case explaining why I didn't like it.

LadyKnightSkye

Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Have you read The Host? At least the triangle there didn't feature four characters and only three physical bodies. @.@ One guy was in love with the human host, and one was in love with the parasitic alien, but both the human and the alien were in love with the first guy. Made me want to bash my head in a wall. Everything else about it was actually pretty good, but I didn't finish the book because of that stupid triangle.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Yeah. While I admit that was weird It didn't acutally bother me as much as Edward and Jacob fighting over Bella.
At least at the end the parasite got a human body all to herself although for some reason that whole concept creeped me out.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 AM

Really the creepiest thing I found was the reason that is given to why Jacob likes Bella.
Now that is creepy.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-09-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner

That's nuts. Why in the blue hell would anyone pick a fight over "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob"? I've seen that in parodies and as a joke but I didn't know they were that messed up. Then again you're likely to sustain some type of brain related injury while reading Twilight....
Actually there has been a lot of reported injuries due to girls fighting over 'Team Edward' and 'Team Jacob'. It's gone so far, as yeah insults, name calling, broken bones, I've read of bruised organs, ruptured organs, skull fractures... Girls are vicious over this stuff.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Girls actually go so far as to injure each other over fictional characters they will never have a chance with? I'm sorry but that brings new meaning to the term Twi-tard.

Banshee
Cthulhu Spirtualist

Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 AM

Anyone who posted here for Alucard has my undying love. Also, I fell to the ground laughing thinking of Edward trying to defeat Alucard.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 AM

That seems to be the collective feeling for all the people who posted here. I to thought it was just plain funny to think of Edward Vs Alucard that's why I joined Team Alucard and I intend to get a T-shirt.

LadyKnightSkye

Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner View Post
Yeah. While I admit that was weird It didn't acutally bother me as much as Edward and Jacob fighting over Bella.
At least at the end the parasite got a human body all to herself although for some reason that whole concept creeped me out.
Maybe we should reclassify Meyer as a horror writer since her books manage to creep as many people out as they enslave to her heroes.

And since running across this thread I have looked into Hellsing, and yes, Alucard kicks ass and would kick Edward's all across the world.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2010, 12:14 AM

Indeed. But then it doesn't really take much to Kick Edwards as would it?

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner View Post
Indeed. But then it doesn't really take much to Kick Edwards as would it?
Yeah. :P I mean

SPOILERX

breaking Edward's neck would easily kill him.

Anyways, even the simplest of Hellsing character could beat Edward. ;)

Angeline134
Angel Tsukiyomi

Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 PM

I would obviously choose Hellsing because Twilight's characters were so annoying and pathetic. Alucard could kick Edward's ass in no time flat. It would be the most boring fight ever because one second Edward would be there then he would be gone and Alucard's beast arm would be finishing up chewing him. Granted he would probably spit him back up because sparkly things are bad for you.

LadyKnightSkye

Old 10-23-2010, 10:33 PM

@Angeline: Can I put that on a bumpersticker? BEcause I would love to drive around in a car that has "Sparkly Things Are Bad For You" emblazoned on the bumper. XD

Angeline134
Angel Tsukiyomi

Old 10-23-2010, 10:43 PM

@KnightSkye go right ahead

----------

I thought it was funny so that's why I posted it. I would be honored if it became a bumper sticker

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM

"Sparkly things are bad for you" XD I love that.

YamiSora
~

Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 AM

lawl
Sora would just love a bumper sticker that says all the way across his bumper:
"Team Edward............................................ ..........................Elric"

LMAO

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 PM

I think they can be compared. After all, Manga and books are pretty much the same, but one uses pictures to show action and the other describes the action taking place. But that's my opinion. :)

And, the 'Team Alucard' thing was going around my school too, as well as 'Team Edward Elric'. ^^ Personally, I think that both FMA and Hellsing are so much better than Twilight.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 PM

I agree. Manga is a form of writing but most people don't seem to see it that way.

Ikami-San
Hetlia has invaded my brains. Th...

Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 AM

I compare the two, since it's funny. I despise Twilight, and don't even look at it as a good book, the over-all plot is okay, it's not terrible, but it's not unique, but the characters make it worse. Anyway, enough of me ranting. Hellsing is a great anime, and in spirit I find it funny that "Team Alucard" fan place the two against each other.

kata!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 AM

I guess you could compare the two but if you think of it Edward wouldnt have a chance im no Twilight fan but come on Alucard against a sparkly wanna be vamp. there is no chance in hell of Edward winning.

angelbabe1
Account OC is Sekhmet (my avi)

Old 12-25-2010, 12:03 AM

I would still kill them. but we'll let Alucard have his fun~

-Requiem_Seraphim-
Le Lurker..
Send a message via AIM to -Requiem_Seraphim- Send a message via Yahoo to -Requiem_Seraphim-

Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM

I've heard 'Team Alucard' all over Gaia, but I can't see actually comparing Hellsing to Twilight unless they're using the Twilight graphic novel. In that case, Hellsing and Alucard still win because the Twitlight graphic novel is still based off a story with no plot or character development and the narrator's unwarranted self importance and needless angst.

It's like when people want to compare Harry Potter to Twilight; it's like comparing apples and oranges. They have far less in common than similarities, being popular isn't grounds for comparison, ya know?

Hibiki78
Send a message via Yahoo to Hibiki78

Old 02-13-2011, 02:48 AM

Alucard can shred Edward and i would not mind if he too Stephine Myer in the mayhem.

xKaruriex

Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm one of the strange people that actually like the Twilight Saga.

Sure the characters are a little 'meh' but it was a good read that kept my attention.
I wish people would stop bashing it so much.