Huffie
Sa Tonkiki, sa Tonkinoise~

Old 11-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Well, I mainly work with Photoshop, but personally I quite prefer the look of traditional art. It just scares me that there's no undo button, so I haven't really been able to get into it much. ^-^;;

Also, I think it's harder to produce a really good traditional piece. If you're a mediocre digital artist (Like myslef. xD) you can produce a fairly good result that's generally accepted as such, but I find if you're a mediocre traditional artist and you put the same amount of effort into a piece, if not more, it doesn't come out quite as well. Obviously it requires practice to get good, but what I mean is it's easier to be good at digital art. >__> Or at least, that's how it is for me.
Now, if it was an extremely skilled traditional artist, against an extremely skilled digital artist, I'd say that the traditional piece would come out better, but that's just my preference. ;3

PkingSora
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-11-2008, 01:17 AM

Digital, for the simple fact that. digital isn’t limited

Celeone
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Celeone

Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 PM

I do traditional art more often than digital art. That's because I don't have a tablet or anything, just that tablet pad thingy. So it's kind of hard drawing digitally for me. A thing I do like about digital art, is that it's much easier to put that online. When you scan digital art the colours usually get ruined D:

luciole
*^_^*

Old 12-14-2008, 07:34 AM

I used to do alot of watercolors, but now I do alot of digital :D It's quicker and neater, but not necessarily easier, though. I still go back to watercolors now and then, but recently my more finished paintings lean towards digital media.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 AM

For my own personal work, I prefer digital. I'm going to major in Digital Media.

For other things, I don't really care what medium it's done in. I look more for skill than for what it was done in XD
What makes me said is that traditional images get killed by scanners and such, so I never feel like I'm fully appreciating them DX

traditionalblasphemy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to traditionalblasphemy Send a message via Yahoo to traditionalblasphemy

Old 12-17-2008, 11:40 PM

Welllll...my user name is actually a reference to a comment a friend made which was, and I believe this is verbatim, "You're way too good with traditional mediums. It's almost like blasphemy. You're a Traditional Blasphemer."

This is how I get most of my names. Stuff other people say to me. I can't draw things digitally for beans, so if I do anything digital, it was done on paper and inked, then scanned in and colored digitally LOL.

I'm a traditional person.

Luna Kittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2008, 11:43 PM

i like traditional art beter

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 AM

My preference for drawing is traditional, just because that's what I've been doing the longest and I feel like I have more control that way. When it comes to purchasing art, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 AM

hurm... i'll answer this two ways.

for myself (like me the artist) i prefer traditional medias.. i dunno it just seems more special unique when you can touch it, smell it, see it and all the flaws right BAM there in your face. it just personally makes me feel good to see what i can (or cant) do with all the nifty different styles and things you can do with it..

digital media is nice, im just a complete and utter computer idiot. I have a tablet.. its been weeks and im thinking im JUST now getting the hang of being able to draw a line the way i want it to look, but.. i DO like how on the computer its all crisp and clean, its not faded in some areas, the colours i used arent warped.. its nice. but not the same feeling as say finishing a marker and pencil piece.

as for buying art - again traditional tops... i guess its just nice to see that a few others acutally tackle the real medias head on and make some really amazing mind blowing pieces.

digitals nice (and easier to come by) but.. the few select traditional ones i have in my collection, are like priceless treasures.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-25-2008, 06:07 AM

I 'm not sure what traditional i.
I like manual art that is digitally edited. I'm told this is called mixed media because of a combination of two types of drawing.

kchan09212
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to kchan09212

Old 12-26-2008, 07:45 AM

I prefer traditional personally.

Sindyr

Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM

I love drawing with pencils, but I do most of my art digitally now. It's just easier for me because I'm pretty much always on the computer and I really like to learn new techniques for digital art. I feel like I'm much better at digital art than traditional, but my background in traditional art really helps me with digital art. I intend to go back to traditional art soon, and try to make some better drawings. I took a drawing class and loved it but I haven't really done much since. I need to keep flexing my drawing muscles!

I'd really like to be able to sell my art on the side but I'm just not good enough (IMO) to do that. So instead I'll just keep making art for myself and for others because it makes me happy.

Opera Phantomess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 AM

Both have their pros and cons, but it seems if you want to make money off of art digital is more preferable just because of the "WOW!" factor.

For me traditional is easier because I tend to come out with cleaner outlines and add color easier, but more realistic images come from me using Photoshop. It is frustrating, though, when something happens to the program or the computer and you lose everything you did... I had that happen several times so I learned to save my progress every now and again.

I love my tablet, but also my traditional tools.

Sethmire
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-31-2009, 04:46 PM

I like traditional because it doesn't take so long and you aren't really as limited to the tools a computer provides.

Although, it is nearly impossible to post traditional artwork online without a scanner butchering it. ;_;

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 AM

I prefer using traditional methods as there's a lot of different traditional ways of being artist. There's drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramic, and photography. Even when I do a digital piece it usually starts off at a pencil/pen drawing on paper. I love digital arts like CG, animation, games, etc. I tend to favourite on DeviantArt the digitals rather then the tradition. XD I'm a bit weird.

Nikechie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 AM

As an appreciator: It depends on how well done it is. Mid-level digital art looks much better than mid-level traditional art. My favourite art style is pencil sketches, but they have to be good. I love digital art that mirrors traditional techniques, meaning you can see brush strokes and that kind of stuff.
As an artist: They're too different. Digital art is awesome, but lacks the spontaneity of oils or watercolours. I love working with markers, but I'd rather work on the computer because the techniques are similar. But it's like asking someone whether they like the colour blue more or whether they like strawberry jam more. It's hard to compare.

Nekuyo
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Nekuyo Send a message via Yahoo to Nekuyo

Old 02-19-2009, 10:53 PM

I find traditional easier to work with. But like a mix of both.

Lilianaire
*^_^*

Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 AM

I've done both digital and trad. art, and I tend to go into "phases". For a while I did mostly digital art, then my comp broke and I got into trad. art again. Now my tablet doesn't work with my new laptop's OS ver., so I'm sticking with pencils and pens on paper. :3

And even though I love the way that digital art looks on the computer (and on a print <3), I still prefer buying traditional if it's hard copy. ^_^;

sorakoii.
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM

I think both can be beautiful and have their own good qualities, but for me, digital is so much easier to do than traditional sometimes. With digital, you can use layers, undo, paint over easily, etcetc so it really just makes drawing so much easier, when with traditional you have to be extremely careful because one mistake could ruin the entire picture. :)

Volucria
*^_^*

Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM

I prefer traditional media, because my screen distorts colours a little so if I draw something, it always looks different on another person's screen. :(

Also, I've got a much steadier hand with pencils/ink pens than with a tablet pen.

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2009, 05:25 AM

I like both.
Personally, I'm a lot more comfortable with traditional mediums, but digital painting is a lot of fun, too.
When it comes to traditional art, I love walking through galleries and seeing the paintings that have visible brush strokes.

CreatioExNihil

Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 AM

I prefer traditional art. Digital is cool and fun and helpful for websites, but I like holding that paintbrush or pen and creating something, then being able to hold that in my hands. It feels more real and I can take it anywhere and put it in a frame and always see it.

Lazarous
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 AM

There's not all that much difference between them. I suppose I prefer looking at traditional art or digital art of the slightly rougher style.

As for what I personally produce, I stick to digital, though I in some sense emulate traditional.

Crophecy
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM

This may sound weird, but I prefer digital art that looks traditional. Digital art makes the artwork look crisp and clear... but having a traditional touch to it adds character to the artwork... so a combination of the two is the best kind of art for me. :)

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 AM

i like versatile digital mediums are when handling colour and some textures and filters, but i prefer traditional more. i feel like i have more control over everything.

[i just don't like the surface of tablets, too slippery. XD]