kino tsumura
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to kino tsumura

Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM

I heard of that book... is it any good?

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 PM

Ah- the signing was awesome: Grahame-Smith was really hilarious. And I started reading the book- it's very funny.

Grahame-Smith also told us two things: 1. there -may- be a movie! Natalie Portman apparently bought the rights on Monday >D and 2. This holiday season they are coming out with another version: special edition. And it's going to be leather cover, hard-back- AND include some more scenes that he is working on now.

So excited!!! I love this book- it's just too funny XD The ninja's just kill me (no puns intended) and the illustration's are fantastic.

Truzul
Send a message via Yahoo to Truzul

Old 04-26-2009, 04:18 PM

I read the original a few years ago, and would love to read this version. Thanks for posting about this book, it's going on my 'Must Buy' list asap!

There are few literary classics that could not be improved by the addition of zombies.

GrecoGecko
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM

EPIC WIN!!!

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 06-18-2009, 10:31 PM

So nothing like pulling out your favorite Jane Austen only to find that zombies have invaded the pages.

My sister got this book for my brother and it's fantastic. They basically took the exact words from the original and tweaked it so that there is a zombie plague. So funny. At one point there's a discussion of ninjas, and the wealthy woman is astounded to find that they had non ninjas growing up with a house of girls. ( in the real book it is a Nanny)

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 AM

Silverbeam, I've merged your thread with the one that already existed. :)

Adain-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Adain-chan

Old 06-19-2009, 05:02 AM

I'm waiting for my mom to be done with it so I can borrow it. I love the original Pride and Prejudice and I love Zombies so what could be better then the two together right?

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM

It's fantastic. Its basically the same book (same lines and everything) but they replace or add to it a little. Like when talking about nannies they replaced it with ninjas instead. "no ninjas!" awesome. its all in good taste...if zombies can be good taste....not descriptive in any gory sense. Love it.

Thanks...didn't think there would be one..... :D

Last edited by Silverbeam; 06-19-2009 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: oops

OBJECTION!
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-21-2009, 05:40 AM

Haha. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on that book, but I refuse to let myself read it until I finish the original.

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 PM

I bought the autographed version at Barnes and Noble. I wasn't even sure about buying the book until I flipped through it and saw the illustrations. xD

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 PM

I am in the middle of reading the book right now. I borrowed it from my sister. =D The zombie parts are amusing, but there aren't enough of them! =O

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 PM

I recently finished reading it and I was pleasantly suprised. It's less of a paraody and more of a re-imagining, the zombie sections really flow well with the original text, it really feels like the zombies could be cannon! However I was slightly dissapointed at how quick I was able to read through it, I guess once I started I couldn't put it down!

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Just finished reading it this evening. =D The fight scenes were particularly amusing.

antinous
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to antinous

Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Absolutely Amazing. I read it in less then a week, and it was absolutely fantastic. I didn't think anything could top the original Pride and Prejudice as my favorite book, but Pride and Zombies did it. I really hope you wont be disappointed

The gore is done tastefully (lol), there is some, but it doesn't smack you in the face with intestines like a zombie movie would. Pride and Zombies is romantic first and foremost. It is the original story, but with a zombie plague. Some of the characters are a little different, but not unrealistically so. Elizabeth is a little more curt, but given that she has been trained to be a zombie slaying warrior it is to be expected. All in all I think that if Jane Austen thought to add zombies to her works this is just how it would read.

Everyone ever should read this book in my opinion.

@Silverbeam - Yes "No ninjas?!" was an awesome part! XD

Last edited by antinous; 06-27-2009 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Adding comment

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 AM

I keep seeing this book when I go to the bookstore, I'm curious. Yet I haven't read the original so I'm unsure as to whether I should pick it up for not. Most likely when I read the original I'll consider it. Hopefully it's good, for some reason the fact that it has Zombies in it makes me laugh and it seems better. :P

ZaK.86
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM

I saw that
when I was at the library the other day and almost bought it. I might have to go get it now...

N I G H T
Lurky Shadowboxer =w=
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to N I G H T

Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Haven't read it, but it sounds very interesting. The most recent zombie book I've read was World War Z, and it wasn't that great. I'm looking for something good now....especially if zombies are included. =)

WitchySanura
Egyptian Kitten

Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 PM

I saw it in the bookstore not too long ago and thought the summary sounded hilarious. I think it'd be an interesting read just to see how they do it but I've got so much on my plate right now it's not likely I'll be reading it anytime soon. Besides it'd be more of a morbid curiosity thing since I'm not a big fan of rotting corpses -_- lol

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 AM

Hahaha. xD

I saw a clip for Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. xD
I'll have to read these, I haven't read the originals yet because although they're a classic, I'm a guy. I didn't like Northanger Abbey much because it was a lot of lovey-dovey crap even though it did make fun of popular gothic horror novels from that day.

I'll have to look into this at my local bookstore. They cater greatly to universities students considering there are 2 universities buildings close by, so they should hopefully have a parody of an extremely popular book.

StripedSocks`
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 AM

I saw this at the book store the other day and I almost bought it, but I didn't. xD I should have. D:

Shadowytiger

Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 AM

I have to read it now, if only because of all the awesome quotes appearing in people's signatures! Plus my girlfriend will get a huge kick out of it!

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 AM

I've heard of this book and I'm very interested in reading it. I've read P&P so this should be interesting to read. I have to get it from my library because I don't have the money to buy the book.

HikariKuro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM

WHAT?! This is horrid! Its like Stephanie Meyer wrote it! What the hell?! It is nothing but retardation and un-originality! You CANNOT mess with a classic like that! What was once a wonderful novel is now utter shit!

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariKuro View Post
WHAT?! This is horrid! Its like Stephanie Meyer wrote it! What the hell?! It is nothing but retardation and un-originality! You CANNOT mess with a classic like that! What was once a wonderful novel is now utter shit!
What is the problem with it? All that you said was that it was horrid and didn't really give examples as to why it was horrid.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 07-27-2009, 12:57 PM

I read the discription, and I wanted to cry.
The idea of it makes me sick.
If I were the author of the original, I might start crying because of something so stupid being done to my story. I'd be so mad.//

...yes, but we all know zombies make things better. :P
This reader, however, will not read this book. xD