Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-02-2011, 03:53 PM

For a few moments Rua was silent, then a smile graced his lips. He hadn't really realized how much of a secret her being a witch was. But the way she had gone all serious and leaned in at eye level with him, her tone. The way she spoke her words, Rua was beginning to understand, he gave her an easy smile. "You are what you are and I am what I am. We can't change those things...still...it is a little unexpected." At least, he seemed to have adjusted to her being a witch and Edgar speaking rather easily. Really, Rua was probably just too laid back, too easy going.

He handed the jar back to her, Rua had reached a decision. The blonde had decided a few minutes ago he'd let her waste that balm on his bruises, but only on the bruises she could see. The ones she actually knew about. "You'll have to help me then, because I can't reach this one." Rua had stood and turned his back to her, already pulling off that tank top. It wasn't a very big bruise, but it was nestled right between his shoulder blades, mostly it looked as if something had been thrown at him. It had. A table lamp.

Though now of course she would see the scars. There weren't many of them, and they criss crossed his lower back, as if he'd been beat with a cord until the skin had broken. When the marks had healed, they'd left scars. Rua let out a soft sigh. He didn't enjoy showing people such things.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 PM

She snorted in a most unlady-like way. "A little unexpected is an understatement." She was glad to see him smile; he really lit up when he allowed himself to and she could see why he was successful as a performer. There was something about the sad look in his eyes coupled with the ghost of a smile that drove many a woman's heart to flutter.

For a moment she was confused when he handed the jar back to her - she had been sure that she'd been making progress towards helping him - but as he began to remove his tank top understanding dawned on her. :What an idiot I can be sometimes.:

Edgar chuckled and replied, :That's for certain.:

As she caught sight of the bruise between his shoulder blades she gasped softly in surprise. She hadn't been expecting to have any bruises quite this vicious! But there was worst yet to come and when she saw the scars, she had to own that her very breath was driven from her. Slowly, still staring, she dipped her hand into the jar and pulled out some of the balm. It was a relief to her that Rua couldn't see the expression on her face.

There was no way that she'd be able to reach him from behind the counter so she got up to make her way around the counter; she ended up behind Rua with his back still facing her. Tenderly and with much care she began to work the balm into his skin where the bruises lay with sure and deft handiwork. She'd done this dozens of times before for the stickjocks who would come out to use the nearby clearing for their practice area and for the LARPers who weren't quite as careful with their foam swords as they should be. She even worked the balm over the scars across Rua's lower back hoping that it would help them fade - even just a little bit.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM

"I'm sorry. Such things, they aren't for the eyes of women." His body had tensed, then relaxed when she came around the bar and began to rub the balm gently over his bruised flesh. He stood patiently, still. Not even wincing when her fingers glided over a particularly sensitive spot. When he was sure she was done with his back, he turned around, shirt still in his hand. His front seemed rather untouched, save for a few scars here and there that crossed his abs.

Rua wasn't a very muscular type of guy. Not that it showed, no, his build was more of a lean muscle type. The look in his eyes, it was one of slight embarrassment. He might make light of his bruises and scars, but really. That didn't mean it wasn't embarrassing to show them all off, the only bruises left now were the ones on his neck and upper arms. He could apply the balm to those himself, but if Jennifer wanted to do it, and since her fingers were already messy with the balm he'd let her do it. "Really, it's not as bad as it may seem." He murmured the words softly.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 PM

"Nonsense, Rua. Has it not been women throughout the ages that tended to the wounds of warriors?" She cocked her head to one side as she asked and smiled. "This isn't the first time I've had to apply my own balm to the wounds of a .. well, you're sort of a warrior." Her expression was thoughtful and she was quiet for a moment. "I'm sure there's warring in your heart."

In the silence that fell, she worked to apply the balm to the bruises along his arms. It was easy to do so - the balm made her hands slick and they glided over his skin smoothly. It was only once she was finished with his arms and was faced with the task of applying the bruise balm to his neck that she faltered, unsure of what to do. It was obvious that he had been choked and she wasn't sure of what his reaction would be to someone touching such a bruised area - not only phsyically but emotionally bruised as well with the memories of the trauma.

Jennifer decided to risk it; if he had qualms about her touching him, he wouldn't have accepted her offer of the balm and her application of it. With a very delicate touch, she reached up to spread the balm over the bruises around his neck.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Jennifer made a good point, and though Rua didn't completely agree with her, he didn't argue. He was no warrior, warriors fight back. Rua had just stood there and taken the abuse, when it was over he had turned his back and walked away silently. He always did that, this time he had decided he would not turn around, he would not return. So now he was here. He had moved as she worked over his arms, rubbing that balm over the bruises.

She hesitated when it came to his neck. Rua tilted his head back slightly and closed his eyes. She had put the balm over the other bruises and not done anything to intentionally harm him or make them hurt so why should his throat be any different? He knew why. Such an area was more...delicate...for such things. When she did reach up and begin to spread the balm over those bruises, a shiver rushed down Rua's spine and his hand twitched. As if he were going to reach up and pull her hand away, but he didn't. His body had tensed, then relaxed. He let out a long slow breath.

Besides, wouldn't it be easier to get over such a trauma to do things this way?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 PM

There! At last she was finished and she set the jar of balm aside on the bar behind her, the ceramic jar clanking as it hit the smooth but hard surface of the bar. She winced; perhaps she had set the jar down a bit too hard but when she turned to check there wasn't any damage down to either the jar or bar. "There we go - you're all finished." Jennifer wrung her hands together to work the balm into her skin instead of wiping it off and took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of the balm. It was restorative and she could definitely use that right about now.

Jennifer had to own that the entire experience of touching Rua, a near complete stranger, in such an intimate way had been a thrill for her. But then there was no reason to be standing as close to him as she was now anymore and so she backed away, heading for the other side of the counter once more. It was here, behind the counter, where she felt the most comfortable.

Once comfortable on the bar stool, she eyed Rua with an obvious curiosity. "So, would you be willing to talk about yourself? Or did you have questions about me that you'd like answered?"

(( If no one else shows up, would you care to double up on characters to make things interesting? I was thinking that maybe we could bring in his manager or perhaps a plot twist involving Jennifer. ))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM

][I don't mind, though I'm no good at a plot twist type of thing.][

Rua opened his eyes when she was done. Smiling lightly to her as she sat the jar down with just a little more gusto than was necessary. He rolled his shoulders once then put his shirt back on. "Thank you." He spoke the words softly as he sat back down on his own barstool. Reaching for that tea and quickly finishing off what was left in his cup. Amusement flickered in his eyes for a moment when she spoke.

Oddly though, he didn't really have any questions for her. He just shrugged. "What would you like to know about me?" It was obvious what she wanted to know. Well, at least he assumed she wanted to know about the bruises. "I have no questions for you though. You say you are a witch, alright, witches do magic and that sort of thing. Well, maybe I have one question...since witches are real and talking snakes exist..." He leaned forward a bit. "Are vampires real too?"

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-03-2011, 03:32 AM

"Don't be ridiculous," William interjected. He leaned on one elbow against the bar and leveled his gaze at Rua. The revelation regarding Jennifer surprised him little--or as little as it could considering the other things he had encountered in this region. She had always been extraordinary in many ways, but this still explained a bit. "Magic can at least be interpreted as a form of energy manipulation. But vampires?" He raised an eyebrow, removing any doubt of his skepticism. "That is completely outside the scope of reality." It displeased him to come across as such a curmudgeon, but... well, he knew better than to dismiss the idea of supernatural beings, but appearances must be maintained.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 AM

Rua straightened a bit when the other male spoke. The man hadn't seemed affected at all by Jennifer's witchiness or the talking snake. Maybe he'd already known about it? That didn't really matter. As the other spoke, disappointment flickered in his eyes for a brief moment. He quickly tried to hide it though. Honestly, what kind of moron would wish vampires were real? They were rather intimidating if not downright frightening in most movies and books. At least, in the ones that interested him. He bit his bottom lip softly. "Oh..oh I see.." He couldn't hide the slight disappointment in his voice. Well, it would be alright.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 PM

While they've been busy with their conversation the evening has passed into night and the skies have grown dark and the air cool. Through the window the three can see the approach of headlights and hear the rumbling of a car's engine. It stops in front of the inn and car door open and closes; a second car door is opened and a voice is heard saying, "Yes, sir."

A few seconds later the door opens while the car can be heard pulling around to the back to park but only one person enters through the doorway - a tall man in a nicely tailored suit and with a dark demeanor that instantly chills the hearts of those who see him. His hair is dark, long and pulled back in a ponytail and he wears a large ring with a bright red stone set in the center. For all accounts he's dangerously handsome.

"Good evening, Jennifer." He greets the witch with an air of familiarity and offers her a mocking bow. "I've come to inquire about your answer to my offer."

Behind the counter Jennifer has stiffened and is visibly uncomfortable; in fact she even looks angry with her brows furrowed and a frown set upon her lips. "Good evening, Darius. " Her voice is quiet - controlled - and she attempts to offer him a smile but it's a grim one.

"You know my answer, Darius, it hasn't changed. It is, as ever, a resounding 'no.'"

Darius, as the man seems to be called, takes a few steps closer to the bar and returns her smile, although his is made all the more dangerous by the very obvious fangs. "Now, Jennifer, let us not be hasty. Have you even stopped to consider my offer? It is indeed considerably generous."

"Hrmph." The witch crosses her arms in defiance and shakes her head. "Not generous enough to take the love of my life away from me."

Jennifer looks at Rua and then gestures to Darius. "There are your vampires for you - greedy and soulless, seeking to buy out everyone's livelihood."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Rua had turned slightly to see who entered. Mostly to see that it wasn't a certain someone. It wasn't, but had the air gotten cooler in here? A shiver raced down Rua's spine and he felt very uneasy. This man, he seemed very dangerous. The blonde was quiet, just passively watching. Jennifer didn't seem to like this person, he could see that with the set of her jaw, the look in her eyes and the way she stood.

He chewed his bottom lip gently as the man spoke to Jennifer. Rua was caught off gaurd by the man's fangs. Hadn't he just been told vampires didn't exist? For a few moments Rua felt dizzy, but he quickly shook that off. This man clearly made Jennifer uncomfortable, clearly wanted something Jennifer didn't want to give. When Jennifer confirmed that this man was indeed a vampire, Rua blinked and stared.

"Vampires...are real?" Hazel eyes were wide and he openly stared at the one called Darius, as he had spoken those words slowly. Uncertainly. Sending a quick glance to the other male in the establishment, mostly Rua's attention was on Darius. Vampire or not, Rua knew a dangerous man when he saw one. Actually, Rua didn't know what to do, he did know that he wanted this man out of this place. Away from Jennifer as it was obvious the man made her uncomfortable and she didn't like him one bit. At least. That was how things looked to Rua.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-04-2011, 12:26 AM

"Now, now, Jennifer, you'll give these gentlemen a slanted view of me." His smile was thin-lipped and hard; he casually strode across the common room to the bar to stand beside Rua and leaned forward to rest on the counter facing the blonde man. His arrogance was written into his very posture. For a moment he side-eyed Edgar, who remained silent and coiled around Jennifer's neck before returning his attention to the two mortal men.

"Good evening, gentlemen. I don't believe we've been formally introduced - I'm Darius Blackwood."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-04-2011, 06:25 AM

Rua stiffened slightly as the dangerous vampiric male approached. However, Rua was a nice guy. Easy going, rather laid back. He wasn't very timid, and he wasn't the type of guy that easily ran from things. Even if they were vampires. Admittedly, he was feeling a little overwhelmed, as the man leaned on the counter and faced him. Rua blinked, for a few moments he was quiet. So very quiet, then the blonde licked his lips and gave Darius a winning smile. "I'm Rua." Those hazel eyes roamed over the male now that he was closer, taking in as much detail as humanly possible. The fibers of his being telling him he should probably get away from this man as quickly as possible, but he didn't move. Well, he did move, but only his hand. Bringing it up to run his fingers through his blonde hair.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM

"I know who you are, Darius." He nearly spat the words. "Your reputation precedes you." He had stiffened somewhat as well, setting his water bottle on the counter and resting his hands in his lap. Yes, he had heard quite a lot of him. A ruthless businessman, sorely lacking in ethics. "What do you want?"

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Darius eyed William with amusement. During this time he had been eyeing the blonde man, this Rua, with care and had determined that he liked what he saw. With his free hand he reached out to brush his fingertips across Rua's cheek and down his jawline to cup the man's chin. "What I want.." he murmured. His eyes were locked onto Rua's and for a brief moment he refused to look away.

But then just as quickly as he had made his move he retracted his hand and turned to look at Jennifer. "What I want," he began again, "is this inn and I'm willing to pay a hefty price for it."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-05-2011, 03:46 PM

When Darius brushed his fingers across Rua's cheek, the blonde tensed just slightly, when that hand cupped his chin, Rua tensed considerably more. Taking in a short, sharp breath. Other than the tensing of his muscles, Rua didn't move. However, if things went farther than that, the blonde would fight back. He might not be any good at it, but he would try. When Darius released him, he relaxed slightly. When Darius spoke, Rua cleared his throat just slightly.

"Why?" That brow furrowed as he asked that simple question, but he didn't stop with that simple question. Rua continued to speak. "You're obviously too good for such a place as this, someone with so much wealth shouldn't be bothering with something like this. Why not go into town and buy up the night clubs. You seem like the shady type who would own a bunch of night clubs. You also seem like the drug running type, the kind of man that would traffic drugs through the nightclubs he'd own. Tch! Disgusting." Rua paused for a moment, only a moment. "Pathetic too, you're obviously a spoiled brat and there's nothing more pathetic than someone like that. The lady obviously doesn't want to accept your offer. A real gentleman would tip his hat and leave after that, not try to force or goad. So pathetic."

Vampire or not, once Rua got started, he was on a roll. Usually, though..generally Rua didn't get started until after he'd been slapped around. Sometime around the middle of his tirade he had stood, his hands at his sides, clenched into fists. This man. Infuriated him. Reminded him of his manager a little.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 PM

William did his best to keep his attention focused on Darius. As annoyed as his was with this individual, he couldn't help but find Rua's reaction a little dramatic. Clearly, he was struggling with some displacement issues. "What you want is irrelevant," he said. He stood as well, circling towards the open floor to get a more direct view of Darius. "The lady has already expressed what she wants and, like it or not, that is what will happen." He was well aware of the power and influence the vampire possessed, but he couldn't make Jennifer do anything against her will. Not legally, anyway.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 PM

Jennifer gasped in surprise and alarm. She had no idea Rua would go so far in speaking up against Darius - not on her behalf anyways. She got the impression that perhaps Rua had been pushed around one time too many by someone similar in nature to Darius from the way he reacted to the vampire's oily .. persuasion.

"Rua!" She cried out. Jennifer quickly turned to Darius and began to apologize profusely. "I'm so sorry - he didn't mean any of that. Rua had a rough day and.." She trailed off in mid-sentence when Darius began to laugh.

-----

Darius started to chuckle and soon after began to shake with laughter. "Drug trafficking? A spoiled brat?" The vampire took out a hankerchief from his breast pocket and dabbed the tears of blood away. "Oh, my boy, you have no idea, do you?" Darius grinned at Rua; he looked like a predator who had sunk his teeth into a tasty morsel. "You should mind your manners, Rua."

The vampire stood up and reached into his jacket to pull out a small scroll that he then handed to Jennifer. It was sealed with wax and an emblem that William would recognize - the mark of the Ministry. "I'm sorry to say that inside you'll find that you're under a pending investigation for the use of coercive magics." He tipped his hat to Jennifer and nodded to Rua and William before turning away. Without a moment's hesitation he made his way to the door of the inn and there he stopped to look back over his shoulder at the trio.

"I'm sure, Jennifer," he began, "that if you were to change your mind those erroneous charges could be dropped without further incident."

Without another word he left.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 PM

William's eyes widened in shock. "But that's the seal of the Ministry!" He stammered. He set his jaw and turned back to the counter to lean on the bar for support. His mind was racing with all the possible meanings of what had taken place. Is it really possible that Darius has this much influence? He thought to himself.

His heart ached for Jennifer but he had nothing to offer but his sympathies at the moment. "I'm so sorry, Jennifer. I never thought..."

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 09-06-2011, 12:10 AM

Derek sighed as he walked a little bit behind his blonde cousin, the girl skipping even as she carried her large acoustic guitar case slung on her back, waving back at her when she turned back to face him and placed her fists on hips. He laughed softly as he finally caught up to her on the path to this place she tended to frequent on mic night, well only if she didn't already have a gig set up. Which would have happened except she had decked her manager for even suggesting she skip out on hanging out with him, and for that he loved her more. He'd heard though that the manager had a nasty temper and he was fearful that if the man didn't eventually Bella, then he had hurt someone else. Something that just didn't sit right with the currently dyed blonde and orange streaks. Derek originally had auburn hair, sometimes with red, green, and blue streaks, but he decided on a change.

Noticing another male coming from the inn, who seemed a little more than angry, and before the pair could really move out the way, the other had rudely bumped Derek's shoulder and kept walking. The green eyed male was shocked mostly that someone would intentionally be rude, but before the anger could spark he shook it off and calmed the petite blonde beside him before her temper went away with her. Tugging her along till the reached the door, he pulled away, opening the door with a mocking gentlemanly bow till she moved past him and he made her squeak as he smacked her ass before following her inside, laughing joyfully.

Bella grinned as she skipped ahead of her favorite cousin, only to turn and pout at him as he didn't keep up. Not that she blamed him with how he had dressed, seemingly to kill tonight. Black jeans that may have been loose in the legs, but tight up top, covering a pair a black combat boots. His top, well tops really, sharply contrasted as a new white tank top snugly covered his upper body, the bottom hem frayed just above his navel, leaving that one strip of caramel skin bare to anyone's viewing pleasure. Over that he had put on a long sleeved button up, left undone, in a shimmery emerald green. Unlike her, he wore few accessories, most prominent being the thin black collar with a muted bell, and a trio of earrings; a metal stud in his left, a silver cross in his right, and above that in the lobe was a bright emerald.

Smiling as he finally caught up, she laced her arm through his while he still had his hands stuffed in the pants pockets, squeezing in a quick hug. Noticing the male coming towards them, she didn't think much of it, not recognizing him at first. At least not until the other practically bowled over her cousin, which pissed her off, especially after Darius didn't apologize. Bella moved to go give the other a piece of her mind, but her cousin prevented her, causing her anger to transfer to him but the look in his eyes calmed her reasonably and they continued on their way. When they reached the doors, she giggled as Derek pretended to be a proper gentleman, at least till he smacked her skirt covered ass and made her squeak loudly. Glaring at his back as he walked around her towards the bar area, she followed, waving happily at Jennifer. "Hey Jennifer! This is Derek, my cousin. Mind if we room here for a while? And was that Darius?" She asked, her voice cheery till she asked about the male that had recently left, taking a seat on the stool next to her cousin, who had sat next to a very familiar blonde. Blinking a little in confusion as she noticed the blonde, especially the bruises. "Rua?" She questioned as she leaned behind her cousin to get a bit of a closer view of the blonde male.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-06-2011, 01:04 AM

Rua had slowly sat back down as Darius left. His lips upturned in a slight frown. Okay..so he knew he shouldn't have acted like that. Probably. Still, he couldn't help himself. The blonde pouted just slightly. Of course, Rua had no idea what Darius had given Jennifer, or what he had meant by coercive magics. But Jennifer was a witch, though Rua hadn't known her long, he doubted she did any 'coercive magics' whatever that was supposed to mean. At least, Rua had the decency to look a little embarrassed at his outburst, only after Darius had gone though. "I'm sorry...sometimes I just..snap. That guy, I do think he's a pathetic spoiled brat though." He offered softly, at least it was an apology of sorts.

Rua had no time to dwell on such things, as two other people stepped in the establishment. He glanced to them, his eyes widening slightly and he pretended not to notice the others that had entered. Looking off to the side as the two sat down and the female spoke with Jennifer. Though when Bella spoke his name, he sighed softly and turned his head to look at her. Giving her a 'why are you here?' type of look with a very slight smile. "Hey, Bella."

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 AM

Jennifer was shocked into silence; she had no idea how powerful Darius truly was. What would she do now? How would she deal with the thinly veiled threat of investigation by the Ministry? But just as she started to reply to William, Derek and Bella entered the inn in much lighter moods than those already present.

:Just take it one day at a time, Jennifer. We'll discuss the investigation later.: Edgar whispered into her mind finally daring to speak again now that Darius had left the building.

She looked down at the scroll and then back up at Bella who had by now greeted her jovially. "Ah, hello there, Bella. Welcome, Derek, to the Howling Harpy's Hall." Her voice sounded a little flat but she smiled. "Excuse me.." She opened a drawer beneath the counter and placed the scroll in it to keep it safe for later. She dared to hope that Bella and Derek wouldn't pay mind to the scroll but she knew her chances were slim.

"It was Darius. He came by to ask about buying the inn.. again." Jennifer reached over to pat Rua on the shoulder and offered him a tender, genuine smile. "You're not wrong about Darius, Rua. It's just.. better not to tell him that."

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 09-06-2011, 03:17 AM

Derek slid into his seat on the bar stool next to a rather attractive blonde male while his sister introduced him, waving warmly at the female. Frowning as he watched her hide the roll of paper away, he knew better than to say anything though. Not proper manners and all. Running a hand through his hair, he smiled at the female behind the bar. "Would you happen to have some sweet iced tea?" He asked, hopefully. Normally he would have asked for something else, something with an alcohol content, but he knew Bella would be angry. Looking away from the woman, Jennifer, he looked around the place, a sudden understanding of why his cousin liked the place entering his thoughts. "Interesting name. How'd you choose?" He asked, hoping to just make simple conversation, as Bella leaned around him.

She frowned at the look he gave her, setting the case down next to Derek's feet, she slipped off the stool and really looked at the other blonde. "Jesus, Rua, you look like a wreck. What happened? Did the manager do this? I'm going to rips his balls off this time, that asshole." She commented, her emotions moving from concern to anger quickly, and she had even turned to go back to the exit and carry out her threat but Derek had taken hold of her shirt, even getting the bra strap under her shoulder blades too. "Damnit Derek, let me go! That fucker deserves it!" She shouted, arms crossed under her chest. Normally she wasn't like this, well the cursing anyway, and actually defending Rua in front of him. She'd always done it when he couldn't see, and had always hated that maybe the other thought she hadn't cared about him, especially since when ever the manager did 'publically' hurt Rua, she didn't do anything. Taking a deep breath, she slowly let it go and felt the anger diminish just as slowly, stepping back so the strap didn't snap against her skin. Murmuring her thanks to her male cousin, she turned around, one hand reaching behind her head, as she smiled nervously. "Sorry guys."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 AM

When Jennifer had pat him on the shoulder, he offered her a reassuring smile, and didn't really react much to Bella's outburst. He was surprised, she had never acted that way before, at least, as far as he knew. Still, he didn't show his surprise, he only waved a hand slightly as if to dismiss it, as he looked at her. Derek, Bella's cousin, seemed to have a good handle on the situation though. "Don't act like that, Bella." Rua had frowned again. "It's okay. Certainly nothing you should be concerned about." His tone was no different than usual, as if he really wasn't bothered by such things, everything would be alright. But he had chosen his words based on the fact that she had never acted so quick to defend him before.

At that moment Rua remembered he still had tea. So he began to finish it off.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Jennifer wrinkled up her nose but said nothing to Bella about her outbursts. Edgar only sniffed in contempt where nobody could hear it. "I put some balm on his bruises, Bella." She said to the younger girl. "They'll fade quickly enough and I don't think that would help Rua out with his.. manager, is it?" She looked to the blonde man for confirmation.

It was only then that it occurred to her that Bella had asked for a room. "Oh! Bella, I'm so sorry. Which room did you want?" She turned around to face the shelves behind the counter on the wall, her skirts swishing, and she begun to feel a little out of place. There weren't any of the local reenactors or LARPers in today and with so many people in mundane clothing present, her medieval garb was starting to feel out of place. Still she couldn't change clothing in case some of the other regular customers stopped by. She had to think of the business.

Which brought tears to her eyes as she remembered the scroll hidden in the drawer beneath the bar. She didn't sob or cry aloud; instead she stood there in silence as tears ran down her cheeks while she waited on Bella to let her know which room she and her cousin would want for the evening.