View Poll Results: What do you think of this?
I think I wanna join! *highfives* (you are so.. kind :')) 8 80.00%
Maybe I'll join 1 10.00%
Looks interesting 1 10.00%
This looks like its going to fail like all the others! (thats harsh) 0 0%
Sorry I'm busy just wanted to see what it's about 0 0%
Nope I don't think I can 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Hikari Amarante
Piss me off and I'll piss you of...

Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Markus blinked at the blonde woman who was waving at him and asking for her order. Markus put on a friendly smile and said,"Of course, we also have blueberry muffins that are on the house today if you would like some." he turned back towards the coffee machines and started making the mocha latte. Markus loves coffee but he doesn't show it because that's just the way he is. When he was done making the coffee he handed it to the blonde girl and asked her what her name is.

When the lady who ordered the white tea sat down, Lucy walked over to her to give her the muffin she ordered. The woman started to get out her sketch book and Lucy blurted out, "Woah! You draw?" the she covered her mouth and started blushing furiously. She wasn't supposed to approach a person like this! "Um, here's you're muffin.... I'm Lucy."

Fish'd
Goldfishie

Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM

"No thank you; I'm fine." She said. She didn't normally eat breakfast; she just didn't really like it. She preferred to be awake when she ate.
And then the man- Markus, was it?- asked for her name. These people really were quite friendly, but not quite enough to be creepy- she briefly entertained the idea that all cafes should be like this. "I'm Madison, thank you." She beamed at him and took her coffee.

Last edited by Fish'd; 06-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT? D8 I FAIL SO BAD

Hikari Amarante

Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 PM

Markus nodded at Madison and saw another customer walk in the coffee house, but this time it was a man. Markus quickly stood up and brushed himself off, "Welcome to Saiyuki Coffee House. I'm Markus and what would you like to order?" he grabbed his smoothie and slurped it while keeping a straight face. "Oh and the blueberry muffins are on the house today if you would like some, plus I would also like to suggest trying the strawberry and banana smoothies."

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM

Nikita looked up at the girl. “Yes, I draw. Thank you for the muffin Lucy.” She smiled slightly, pushing her sketchbook to the side. “I’m Nikita. It’s nice to meet you.” The comfortable atmosphere and the friendly staff here made it easy to relax. Hearing the door, she glanced over to see that a man had entered the shop.

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM

Assuming his usual slouched posture as he entered the coffee house, Shane reminded himself he needed to be 'cool' at all times. He nearly froze when someone addressed him right when he walked in, but managed to make it look like he was stopping and taking a look around. Which he was, actually. The first thing he scanned for was someone wearing an inordinate amount of red -- and when he was satisfied that none of the five people inside might try to stab him, he actually got around to studying each individual person.

There was a guy with brown hair, the one that introduced himself, that looked about the same age as Shane. Judging from the way he greeted Shane, he was either a very enthusiastic employee, or an owner or manager of some sort. There was a cute girl with black hair sitting at the counter with a sketch pad out, and a little girl with yellow hair next to her. There was a guy with black hair manning behind the counter [another employee or manager of some sort, Shane deduced] and lastly, another cute girl with blond hair instead. Shane couldn't help but grin to himself -- this seemed like a nice place. He enjoyed peaceful and serene places that had other people enjoying the same. It sounded like a strange pleasure when put into those terms, Shane thought, but he enjoyed it nevertheless.

Realizing that he had been observing the shop like some kind of crook without even answering one of the brown-haired guy's questions, [He called himself Markus, right?], Shane coughed and rubbed behind his head. It was time to assume that fake method of speech and interests. "A coffee house? Selling smoothies? Uh, yeah, I mean, th' muffin sounds good." He caught himself being rude and quickly changed his manner of addressing the owner. "Uh, well, I guess...you guys serve tea? Uh-" He glanced at the cup of tea that the black-haired-girl was drinking. "Nevermind, dumb question. I'll have some tea. Earl Grey. And a muffin too, but I'll pay for it." He was mentally cursing himself for tripping over his words but he always found first impressions difficult to base his pretender-persona off of.

Last edited by Sugiza; 06-22-2011 at 12:26 AM..

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 06-22-2011, 03:18 AM

Kenny wasted no time in setting the fine china tea cup and tray on the table, returning to his post at the founder to find yet another customer requesting an order. He blinked, gazing upon the man with the bad boy look gone wrong. Honestly, some people needed to figure their priorities out before deciding on a fashion choice. This was his first mistake. "Earl Grey, yes?" he asked the man, beaming with his usual smile. Maybe acted, maybe not. "And no, you don't need to pay. Seriously." His expression became grim and like his usual self Marcus sees. "The dude'll fire me if I don't."

Hikari Amarante

Old 06-22-2011, 03:59 AM

"Wow! That is really cool!" said the very energetic Lucy with her brown eyes sparkling and her light reddish brown hair bounced gracefully as she jumped a little. It's not everyday she would see an artist, since her family wouldn't let her go anywhere but the coffee house, the supermarket, her brother's apartment and her family's house. Lucy excused herself to let Nikita draw in peace, and dashed towards where her brother and Kenny were. But before the little girl did that she grabbed another blueberry muffin and handed it to the new customer. "Here's your muffin! And Kenny, I'll make the tea kay?" Lucy said already bouncing away to make the tea. "Don't push yourself." Markus said as he nudged his co-worker. Lucy chuckled, "No fighting! It's going to spoil the good mood."

Fish'd
Goldfishie

Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM

Madison looked over at the (rather attractive) newcomer curiously, almost giggling as he stumbled over his words. He looked kind of like a punk, but he was either just an 'expressive' dresser, or was new to this whole 'bad-guy' thing. She guessed the first; most mobsters didn't offer to pay for their free muffin.
It took a minute for Madison to realize she was sort of listening to someone else's conversation, and she scanned the room for somewhere to sit (AKA something to occupy her mind, so she didn't continue to quietly intrude on other people's potentially private matters). There was a small, two-seating table near the window, and she sat there, to wait for Alphon-
"Speak of the Devil..." She muttered to herself as her tall, brown-haired, silver-eyed friend walked in.

Alphonse, first off, noticed Madison sitting a few feet from the door- spaz-waving, as he'd expected. He waved back, and told her he'd go get his coffee and sit down and then they could talk. Madison let up, and that gave him time to survey the room.
It was small, and homey, and although there were only around seven people in it, it seemed just the perfect population for a morning such as this. He didn't bother to look closely at those seven people, though, because he was ninety-nine percent sure that Madison would be all over him with her awkward gossip and bits and pieces she'd picked up during her involuntary (or otherwise) eavesdropping.

Last edited by Fish'd; 06-22-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Mike walked down the street whistling the tune for the star wars theme, black and blue backpack over his shoulder, as he approached the Saiyuki Coffee House, thinking, "Let the investigation begin. Please, please, please let these guys be aliens!" He walked into the coffee house and looked around at the various occupants, trying to see if any of them were obviously alien. He frowned slightly when he didn't see any tails or third eyes, but resumed his smile as he walked past the punk looking kid and the brown haired guy and took a seat in one of the corners of the room so that he could see everything going on, tossing his backpack onto the floor next to the chair and paging through the menu.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 PM

Nikita chuckled slightly as Lucy left to go help other customers. The little girl’s bubbly personality was refreshing and a little contagious. “Thank you,” she had said glancing up at the man who had taken her order earlier. Taking a sip of her tea she glanced back at the punk kid who had entered. He was kind of cute, she thought to herself. She took note of the other two males who entered the shop. Maybe this place was more popular than she had first thought. Sitting her tea cup down, she turned her attention back to her sketchbook and pencils. Picking up one she started to lightly sketch the people around her starting with man who’d taken her order.

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Shane had decided to take a seat next to the black-haired girl for now. It wasn't that there was a lack of space; indeed, the coffee house was rather large for a family-run place, Shane had half-expected it to be a hole-in-the-wall. Rather, sometimes Shane did things without thinking about them. Deciding to sit next to one of the girls was one of these things. He looked up at the black-haired-man behind the counter and smiled -- a fake or real smile, it was difficult to tell. "Yeah, Earl Grey would be fine. And no, seriously, I'll pay." He padded his wallet in his slacks-pocket, and satisfied, returned to leaning on the counter. He tried to make his voice forceful and gentle at the same time. It didn't work out exceptionally well. "I'm not paying because I have to, but because I want to. Think of it as a little donation, that's all. Besides, I would have paid for a muffin and a coffee elsewhere."

He was about to go on and explain that he liked small, peaceful places like this when he lost his cool -- that is, the young blonde-haired girl shoved a muffin into his hands and before Shane could understand what was happening, she ran off to go make him some tea. "Uh...thanks?" He managed to choke out, un-coolly, a while after she had gone to make the tea. Smooth move, Shane. He didn't quite understand, but he shrugged it off and placed the muffin on the counter -- he would begin eating it later. First, there was the matter of the new arrivals.

He tossed a glance towards the back of the shop, in which sat a younger looking kid who was dressed a bit strangely. But then Shane looked at his half-buttoned teal dress shirt and black slacks and shrugged it off -- so was he. Taking another look, the kid looked quite inquisitive and curious, and with a closer examination, really smart as well. He almost reminded Shane of an older version of a kid detective in a show he used to watch; he thought about asking the kid if his name was 'Conan' but held off on it. Glancing towards the window to the other arrival, he blinked and decided to mind his own business and go back to the muffin. The other guy had came in and sat with the attractive blond girl, so it was likely they were dating or some such. A date at a small coffee house like this? Not exactly romantic, but...it's better than the movies or some crap. He thought to himself as he began munching on his muffin. Oh man. These muffins. So good.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 06-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Nikita could feel herself tense slightly as the punk looking guy sat next to her. Her shyness was starting to take over, but she pushed back her uneasiness. Setting down her pencil she looked over at the black haired guy that sat beside her. “Hello,” her voice was quiet and soft. She wondered if it was even audible. In her mind she was cursing herself for being so soft spoken. Deciding to try again she spoke a little louder than the first time. “So how are the muffins?” There was a sheepish smile on her face.

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM

"Push myself...?" Kenny grumbled, looking off with a sardonic scowl. "As if. You'd probably fire me anyway, should I haven't done that..." he muttered to himself, seeing no content in doing so, however.

He sighed, leaning back against the counter as he looked around at all the rather strange individuals. Bad boy, an overly bubbly girl and her faithful follower, space boy (which he raised an eyebrow to), and that shy little girl sitting next to said first man...she was rather cute, really...rather shy, but. He shrugged. That kind of made it really cuter...

Hikari Amarante

Old 06-22-2011, 07:24 PM

"Whatever." muttered Markus and decided that he would bake some more blueberry muffins. While he started making muffins he started looking at all of the customers, just so he could somehow help them. First there was Madison and the man who went to sit with her, a shy girl with a sketchbook, a pretend bad boy and another boy who looks overly suspicious by the way he's dressed. The space boy looked like he was around his sister's age but a tad bit older, and a little bit weird for his tastes.

Lucy started to hum "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars to herself as she mixed the Earl Grey. Today was the first day that the Saiyuki Coffee House had this many people, it made her happy because she got to meet many different people in one day. Moments later a boy who was probably a few years older than her came in and opened a menu. Lucy decided to go greet the boy after she made the tea and handed it to the bad boy. When she was done she skipped over to Nikita's table-since that's where the bad boy sat- and handed the man the tea, "Please, we don't need a donation. We're happy to help customers than customers helping us." Lucy turned and dashed off to go talk to the space boy. "Hi, I'm Lucy and welcome to the Saiyuki Coffee Shop! I would suggest trying the smoothies!"

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Shane was munching absentmindedly on his muffin when he heard a small squeak from beside him. Turning his head, he realized the girl beside him was looking at him and probably tried to say hello. Well that was interesting...if it wasn't quiet in here, I wouldn't have even heard that much. He blinked and was about to say hello back when she asked him how the muffins were. He grinned -- finally, something he could talk about! He let his mouth run loose as he sat back on the stool, letting his hands make motions as he spoke. "Excellent. These are really good muffins. I haven't had muffins these delicious since I went to go visit Aunt Mary. She used to be quite the muffin-baker. Chef, I guess. Too bad she passed awa-"

His mindless rambling was interrupted by his tea being delivered and the little girl insisting he didn't have to pay, from which he gave a determined "Thank you very much. No, I'll pay. Even if you won't accept it, I'll pay. Now, anyways..." He turned his attention back to the girl who he was sitting next to and decided to finish his little rant. "You should have some of the muffin is what I'm saying. It's really good, jeah." He nodded to himself in agreement...with himself, as if affirming something. And now he felt as if it was his turn to select a topic of discussion. "I see you've got a sketch pad out. Are you an artist?"

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-23-2011, 12:37 AM

Mike gave a jump, startled by the girl from being so caught up in looking over the menu that he hadn't noticed her. He looked up at her, his glasses somewhat askew as he smiled at her, fixing them as he said, "Oh, hey, hi there, uh, Lucy. Uh, do you have strawberry smoothies?" He gave a somewhat nervous grin, thinking, Wow, she's pretty cute... I wonder if she's an alien?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 AM

Nikita listened to the bad boy thoughtfully. By the way he spoke he didn’t really seem like the bad boy type to her. She knew well that looks can be deceiving since when she was younger others judged her for the way she dressed. When he asked her about if she was an artist she looked down slightly. “More of a wanna be artist. I’m not really that good in my opinion, but what little skill I do have got me into the Art Institute of Pittsburg Online.” She gave a slight shrug. Art had always been something she was interested in and somewhat good at. Just like playing the clarinet and drill team (color guard). She wanted to become a game artist, but lately has been depressed by the art she has seen of students younger than herself.

Fish'd
Goldfishie

Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Madison quickly began bubbling over with tales and words and the apparently great happenings that Alphonse had missed over the past forty-five minutes or so right as he sat down. He quickly tuned her out, ears 'specially trained' by over a decade's practice to pull out important words; names, ages, etc., but there weren't a whole lot of them that Madison knew, so he gave up on filtering her mindless (although rather cute) babble.
Instead, he grabbed a muted-brown menu from the side of the table, a small sheet with tiny printing. From the looks of it, they had iced mocha lattes- which made him quite the happy camper indeed. He smiled, and then looked up at Madison, who was currently discussing the oddities of the staff members and how nice they were. "Emm?"

"Ah-huh?"
"Will you go get me an iced mocha latte?"
"Sure."
Madison was used to her friend's quirkyness and inability to talk to people; he'd been that way ever since he was little. So, she became his voice, and she had no problem with that.
She walked up to the counter, broad smile on her face, and addressed the employee behind it- the one that wasn't Markus. "Hello?"

Hikari Amarante

Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 AM

Lucy nodded at the strange boy, "Yup! Oh and the blueberry muffins are free today, so if you want some you can have some!" she gave him the muffin she had been holding for a while and smiled. Even though the boy seemed kind of quirky, he also seemed like he had friend potential. She glanced at Kenny and felt her face heat up, Bad Lucy! No! Don't do that! Baadddd girrrlll! Lucy thought as she quickly looked away and put her hand on her forehead to pretend to act like she felt sick. "So... what's your name?"

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 AM

Mike took the muffin and smiled, saying, "Oh, thanks. My name is Mike. What's yours?" He took a bite from the muffin, smiling and giving a hum of satisfaction saying, "Good muffins!"

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 AM

"I see, I see." Shane leaned back and put his hands behind his head. "Well, seems to me like 'f'you're sketchin' and stuff in public and specifically carry a sketch book 'round with you, you must draw a lot. And seems to me like most people wouldn't do somethin' a whole lot if they were bad at it." He thought for a second and titled his head slightly. "Well...guess there's a few exceptions to that. But I'm sure you're fine at it. Besides, you got accepted into an art institute with your stuff, and 's'far as I know, they only take raw talent." Over the course of his talking, he let his fake accent of half-slurred words and improper grammar creep in, and he tried to make it seem as if that's how he really talked. The degree to which it succeeded...well, in layman's terms, he probably shouldn't quit his day job to become an actor. "Think you could sketch me, eh? I always love it when people draw me. Makes me feel important, you know?" He popped a little self-depreciation joke to study how she reacted to it.

When the blond girl said hello, Shane immediately assumed it was to him and looked over, answering with a taut "Yo." of his own. Right as those words left his lips, he noticed her gaze on the bartender, and immediately felt pretty stupid. "Oh, nevermind. You're talkin' to him, not me." He then returned his attention to the girl he was sitting next to.

Last edited by Sugiza; 06-23-2011 at 03:53 AM..

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM

"Bitter as ever, I swear you're gonna, ah, yes?" Kenny muttered to ask, smiling softly to the girl in front of him. He recognized her as the overly bubbly girl who also had a similar kind of Lucy...for the oddest reason, he found himself take a glance at the fourteen year old, looking away in a fierce crimson. 'No, no, NO,' he told himself over and over. The girl was much too young...though...if she weren't..."What can I get you today?" he asked, his expression not changed in the least.

Hikari Amarante

Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 PM

"You never know, if you get on my good side I might let you keep your job." Markus said as he mixed the blueberry muffin batter. Everytime he cooks, Markus feels like he's finally in peace not worrying about anything, especially his sister. But when Markus cooks, something bad would happen to the food. The batter would be too gooey, or the muffins would be burnt if he cooked it long enough, or of he put the wrong ingredient. So that's why he would make his sister or Kenny cook, but mostly his sister. But Lucy was too busy talking to people and having fun while Kenny was busy with a customer. Then he poured the batter into a cupcake pan that had mettalic cupcake cups in each hole. When he was done he took the pan and put it in the oven for 30 minutes(I'm guessing that's how many minutes to cook a muffin) then he went over to where he sat and drank his smoothie some more

Lucy beamed in pride and her eyes sparkled again, "Your welcome! My name is Lucy and I'm going to turn fifteen soon!" she thought of all the presents she was going to have from everybody she knew. Her parents are probably going to give her an hour long life lesson of the year and a new dress like they did every year. Markus usually surprises her every year so she doesn't know what he's going to get her. The owner of the supermarket is going to buy her a birthday cake from some rich chef. She squealed a little at the fact of all the presents she's going to get. But deep somewhere in her head she wondered what Kenny was going to get her...

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 AM

“I guess you’re right about that. Taking my sketchbook with me is just a habit really.” Nikita said with a sheepish smile. Her eyes brightened up slightly when he suggested that she draw him. She turned back to her sketchbook, but before turning the page she took a bit of her muffin. “Mmm, you’re right these are good.” A giggled slightly realizing she was talking with her mouth half full. She quickly swallowed her food. “Sorry,” she said, blushing a bit. After a moment she got back to what she had been doing. It only took her a few seconds to pick out the pencil she needed to start her sketch then turned back to the punk. “I can start sketching whenever you like.”

Tabitha walked into the coffee house in a bit of a rush. “I can’t believe I’m late.” She was muttering to herself as she walked, not really playing attention to where she was going. “Sorry, I’m late Mar…” About that time she ran into a chair that was slightly pulled out from a table. Ow, darn it I need to pay more attention. Her checks turned a shade of red as she noticed they had several customers and she had just made a fool of herself. Without another word she disappeared behind the counter.

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 AM

"You guess I'm right? Tsch. I'm always right about these things." He laughed and took another bite of his muffin, eying the new girl that walked in. She wasn't bad looking. There were a lot of girls in here that were pretty cute. Even that little one, even though she was way too young. Snapping to his senses, he looked over at the black-haired girl, who was blushing and apologizing. "Fer what?" He answered, then shook his head. "Awh, don't worry about it, whatever it was." And, seeing she had picked out her sketching pencil immediately he assumed a pose he thought was cool -- slightly slouched, one hand in his slacks pocket, and the other hand pressed against his head, pushing some of his hair out of his purple eyes. "This'll be fine, I think this makes me look pretty snazzy. Name's Shane, by the way. Just for reference, ya know."