dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 08-11-2010, 11:59 AM

((i don't know what to post :S))

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Samantha silently woke up, stretching a bit. She eagerly jumped out of bed, getting ready to head to the Yokai Cafe. Of course, she would have to go into hiding again, because of the Dark Lord. She was amazed how one person was forcing things like this.

She got dressed, and brushed her hair, before grabbing an umbrella. Even though it was not raining outside at alll, she had always heard something about vampires melting, or turning into stone, in the sun. She didn't know if those things were true, and wasn't willing to find out.

While walking, she tried her best not to smile at anyone, due to the fact that she wasn't sure who could be trusted, and her fangs would cause some drama, she assumed.

When she walked past certain people, she could feel an uneasy presence, especially while walking past a few people heading towards the cafe. She growled to herself, before rushing in the cafe, and going to her normal place that she had always sat in. She finally seated herself, before closing her umbrella, safe from the rays of the sun now.

Last edited by Lightning_Serah; 08-11-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Sylvar bounced on her feet lightly when she saw Dawn. She ignored Dusk just as easily as he ignored her. "Such a snob.." She muttered under her breath about Dusk while smiling to Dawn. Raising her own hand to wave back. "Hiya Dawn." She glanced at Erebus and lowered her hand. Whispering softly. "..I didn't know they were here too."

][lol dragonjake. just put your character in the cafe or something like that.][

dragonjake

Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM

((ok, im a bit busy at the moment))

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM

When Coralee heard the voice that seemed to come out of nowhere, she jumped a bit and let loose a girlish squeal. When she finally recognized the voice as belonging to the cloaked man from earlier, she calmed a bit and her gaze fell back to her cards, "I'm not sure if I should be worried. The cards felt like electricity in my pocket, sending shocks through me every few moments. I'm sure they are trying to tell me something. I don't know what exactly, but considering our current situation, I can bet that it isn't good." Coralee was aware that she talked too much, but it didn't bother her for someone to point it out. She always felt as if words were lesser in value than actions, therefore she had to use more words to equal one action.

She touched the top card on the deck and immediately felt a slight jolt. It was a lesser shock than before, but it still stung a bit, like grabbing hold of a low voltage electric fence. she flipped over the top card, it was not major arcana, but it still held a very important meaning. "The seven of wands... upright." She mumbled, staring at the card. She began to recite it's meaning from memory aloud, almost by reflex. "stiff competition in business, a fight won, a fight one may have to face soon, victory, energy, courage...." her words began to trail off.

She flipped over another four cards. In order they were: the king of cups, queen of swords - both reversed -, the devil card - upright -, and the magician - upright.
Coralee had no idea what to make of these particular cards, they could be symbolic of events that were about to unfold, or they could be a representation of those who were coming soon. There was no way of telling. She sighed and placed the cards back in the deck. she rested her elbow on the table and cradled her hand in her palm. For someone who had made so many decisions for the safety of others before, she certainly had no idea what to do now.

dragonjake

Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM

((wait, so should i say that Jake walks into the shop?))

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-11-2010, 06:22 PM

{{ He can walk in.... or he can be one of the residents ^^ your choice}}

dragonjake

Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 PM

((ahhhhhh ok, when i get time to, i will make him walk in))

xserenityxninax
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to xserenityxninax Send a message via Yahoo to xserenityxninax

Old 08-12-2010, 02:40 AM

Fire was drinking her drink when she heard something from the dark and didn't want to heard it again so she went to a chair and sat in it and drank her drink for a while and listens to all the people of talking.

After she was done drinking her drink she gets a book out and starts to read it but she fears something bad might happen until the demon in her head was talking to her.

"fire you can't let people know what you are you know that by now"

Fire listened to the demon and in her mind "I know that but I hear things so let me be for a while until I see something alright."

"Fine than just watch Fire something might happen."

Fire red her book and watch the people coming in and out of the cafe.

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia
Send a message via AIM to Lady Angel Konan Send a message via MSN to Lady Angel Konan Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Angel Konan

Old 08-12-2010, 02:58 AM

Dusk walked in to the shop and walked to the front desk "excuse me miss... My dear sister and I would like to get a job?... As you can see we are both rare kitsunes and will bring this cafe a lot of business..." he looked at the girl as he ran his fingers threw his teal hair giving her a sexy glance.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 AM

Alric's eyes never left Coralee as she flipped over her tarot cards. He didn't speak anymore, just merely watched from where he was. Mild curiousity really. He had finished his meal while he watched her, the humming of his staff that only he heard and felt in his mind seemed to increase. It was resonating. It only resonated to one other person. He said nothing, only nodded politely as an employee came and took his empty dishes. Alric remained sitting at this table, not quite ready to leave it yet.

dragonjake

Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM

((one more question, how short should my posts be?))

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 PM

{{make it as long or as short as you like, but in the rules I mentioned that it should be longer than one sentence to give the other members something to go off of in order to interact with your character}}

dragonjake

Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 PM

((i will wait for a moment to jump in then))

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Coralee's gaze fell, and her usually bright and sunny personality did as well. She tied the ribbon that held her cards together back around them, and stuck the deck in her pocket. Standing, she returned to the upper cafe. She noticed a girl behind the counter, instead of the young man that she had appointed to take over. She seemed to be flirting with a strange young man. He had a bit of a devilish look to him that Coralee had only ever seen in one other place. On the face of the yokai, Kitsune.

She marched up to the girl, an air of authority floating about her. the girl was Yuki-onna. Coralee recognized her as she got closer by the icy blue tint of her skin and the crystals that were forming in her hair. By nature Yuki was a flirt. In all of the stories about her, she would seduce men, and then, when allowed to kiss them, would turn them into a block of ice. "Excuse me, Yuki, what is going on here? where is the young man that I appointed to take over for me?"

Yuki glanced carelessly over at Coralee, something that drove her absolutely mad. She'd thought more than once about throwing her out into the open for the dark lord's minions to eat. "He went on break," she said, "He asked me to work the front desk."

'Huh,'
Coralee thought, ' that's not the only thing she's working.'
"Well, I've returned, so you can go back to your tables. you wouldn't want to keep your fans waiting now, would you?" Coralee said, ushering her towards her assigned part of the cafe. The yokai girl gave a quick wave to the boy she was flirting with, and added in a wink as she walked away. Coralee sighed, and turned to the man with teal hair, "I am the owner, and I've been dealing with japanese mythology since I could walk. You are kitsune, yes? How may I help you?"

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia
Send a message via AIM to Lady Angel Konan Send a message via MSN to Lady Angel Konan Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Angel Konan

Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 PM

He smiled at the girl "My young sister would like to be a waitress for you..." he said pushing the beautiful young kitsune in front of him.

Dawn blushed "My name is Dawn its a pleasure ma`am" she said with a bow.

Dusk looked at the young women " My name is Dusk, and i would like to be your bartender?" he said with a smile.

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 PM

Coralee merely looked at them, and then asked, " bartender? was that a question or a request?..." She thought for a moment. " Never mind that. What are your qualifications? Because along with being able to portray various kinds of Yokai, my employees are also skilled at what they do. Impeccable balance, terrific with numbers, and memories like a herd of elephants. so as to keep the customers happy." she giggled a bit. "Occasionally, if our performance is flawless, people, like children, or inexperienced legend hunters, actually come in here believing that the spirits are real."

It may have been just paranoia, but the cards had wanted to warn her about something, and she wasn't going to be truthful with anyone that came into her cafe after she'd been shocked like a heart attack victim. She wasn't usually wholly honest with anyone, but today was a special occasion, so she kept her guard up unusually high. She had to be sure she could trust these Kitsune before she let them in on any vital secrets. of course, she'd trusted the hooded man almost immediately. she herself wondered why that was. Was it something in her head that had told her it was alright to trust him? she shook her head, willing the thoughts to go away. "I'll need to lead you both in different directions. Your sister will be going with one of our most skilled waitresses, to test her abilities. and you will be coming with me to the bar, where my friend Ainsley will run you through a few drills. I'm not guaranteeing you a job until I've had a meeting with both of them. And I also do not guarantee that if one of you gets hired then both of you will. You are graded on two entirely different levels."

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia

Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 PM

Dusk smiled "I would prefer to be a bartender, we are both very skilled in balance and numbers..... and we are actual Kitsune`s not fakes dressing up...." he said as his tail began to sway intently "i really dont need a job more of a place to stay... she could work for our room...." he said looking at the girl.

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 AM

Coralee decided to ask a few questions. If he was truly in need of her help, he, or his sister, should know the answers she was looking for. " Why is it you intend on staying here? I mean, my grandmother told me that this place had a certain magnetic aura about it, but I would honestly like to know why this cafe was the one that you chose."

She reached behind the counter and handed a stack of menus to a waitress that was leading away a party of at least fifteen people. She continued to sign people in as she spoke to the kitsune, just because she had a guest was no excuse to slack. "And another question, just out of curiosity of course, you say you are truly kitsunes,yes? I've read about both zenko and nogitsune, and I wanted to know, are there really two different species of kitsune, or is it just a choice they make?" Coralee honestly did not know the answer to this particular question. She'd read the zenko, or good foxes, were helpers to the god Inari. And the Nogitsune were the evil foxes that changed shapes to trick people, but none of the books she read ever specified weather they were born this way, or if it was a personality trait that developed over time. More people continued to flood into the doors, and Coralee sighed. Would the work never end?

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia

Old 08-13-2010, 01:08 AM

Dusk looked at her "Im an aura reader... This cafe felt like a safe place for us to hide and those are personalities... not different breeds" he smiled at the girl watching her work, He was a good lair and an impeccable spy...

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-13-2010, 01:30 AM

she placed a finger on her chin, " That is very interesting indeed... would you say you side more with the Zenko or the Nogitsune?" After a moment she laughed, " I'm kidding of course. Those denominations haven't been used since the feudal era. Besides, there's a bit of good and bad in us all, eh?"

She saw a slow in the number of customers coming in, and eventually they stopped. More were leaving now. 'I guess they're heading back to work.' She guessed, considering she hadn't looked at a clock since she'd woken up this morning. She called Dodomeki over to the front desk. She was an attractive, and young looking girl and you could never guess by glancing at her unless you'd studied mythology, that she was thousands of years old. She picked up her tips by absorbing the money into her hands, something she did with thieves' gold in the stories told about her. The money then became eyes on her arms "Doe, this is Dawn. She is interested in becoming a waitress here, and I wanted you to sort of give her a practice run to see if she's Yokai material." Dodomeki nodded and led Dawn to one side of the cafe, where the remaining customers were seated. Coralee led her older brother to the opposite side of the cafe, where a tall man with large arms stood, polishing glasses with a rag.

"Dusk, this is Ainsley, he's our regular bartender. He's actually here early." She said, glancing up at the clock on the wall behind the buff man. "The part of the cafe that serves alcohol doesn't open until five." she paused for a moment, "anyway, he'll run you through a few of the drills that I expect all of my bartenders to know by heart. I'll be here to watch of course. Ready to start?"

Last edited by xxdeidarasgurlxx; 08-17-2010 at 10:28 PM..

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia

Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 AM

Dawn followed Dodomeki and smiled at her "Im honored to be taught by a Legend".

Dusk looked at the man and nodded "Im ready" he said smiling.

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 AM

Dodomeki smiled at the girl. the way that Coralee was acting seemed awfully strange, she assumed something was wrong. She walked up to one of the back tables where a wrinkled old man was sitting. "Dawn, this is Mister Girardi. He's a regular here and knows the menu by heart. He's helped me train countless waiters and waitresses, and even helped my mentor train me. "We'll start with something easy alright, Mister G?"

The old man laughed a little and nodded," I'd like the breakfast platter, extra crispy on the bacon. Eggs scrambled. The steak should be well done. I'd also like a large mug of coffee, three creams two sugars. A stack of flapjacks with no butter, but add a little extra syrup. and a tall glass of ice water with lemon. Did ya' get all that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coralee sat down at one of the bar stools, being only eighteen she wasn't allowed to drink, but she did enjoy watching Ainsley as he conversed with the customers and managed to make their drinks with a little added flair. Flipping the bottles in the air, and such. He was very skilled, but he had many centuries of practice. Ainsley was a vampire from medieval Europe.

"Now," The buff man began, " our best selling drinks are called the Harvey Wallbanger, Head on collision, Hurricane, and Long island iced tea. Do you know what those are? or better yet, do you know how to make them? Because I'm a horrible teacher, and It'd help if my apprentice was a little knowledgeable in the subject of alcoholic, or even non-alcoholic drinks." He spoke with a strange accent, that was sometimes hard to understand when he was angry. He stood eye to eye with the kitsune boy, they were roughly the same height, making Coralee seem like a dwarf in comparison to the two.

Lady Angel Konan
Anastasia

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 AM

Dawn smiled and repeated everything he had said "Is that correct sir?" she ask happily.

Dusk smiled "those are some of my favorite drinks" he chuckled walking behind the counter "I enjoy making drinks.." he smiled, picking up a bottle spinning it on his palm as he made a Hurricane.

(sorry im trying to make them extremely good at what they do YAY SPIES!!!! infiltration!!!!!!!!!!)

xxdeidarasgurlxx
AKA Obento-Chan =3

Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 AM

Ainsley watched dusk make the drink. He placed a hand across his mouth and mumbled to Coralee, "You'd better snag this kid now, he's good at what he does."

Coralee's eyebrows came together, signaling that she was deep in thought. "I suppose you're right." She waved a hand and announced out loud, "Well, Ainsley believes I should snatch you up and keep you all to myself." She laughed, "So I guess that means you're hired. The job isn't very much, it pays three-hundred a week, free room, board, and you get a piping hot three meals a day in the employee lounge. How does that sound?" She put her elbows up on the counter and cradled her chin in her palms, doing her best to fake a smile at the Kitsune boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dodomeki reached a hand out to the young Kitsune girl. "As assistant manager of the cafe, and the top waitress this side of the city, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you, and welcome you to the staff her at the Yokai. None of my first timers are ever able to remember a full order from Mister Girardi down to a 'T' without needing a pad and pen."

{{ It's alright lol. If I really had a problem with it I'd have said something already. I'm trying to get profiles up on the Yokai, and Non-Yokai staff members that will show up in the Rp regularly... basically the most important ones :) }}