Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 03-27-2015, 10:11 PM

Tell me about it!
Sometimes I think it's best if they drop it out of the blue! Like could you imagine chillin one day and then a commercial comes on and it's like
"INCREDIBLES 2 IS NOW IN THEATERS EVERYWHERE"

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-27-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I agree, I didn't like Frozen either and I was actually very disappointed that it wasn't really up to par compared to the other timeless classics Disney has made.

Frozen seemed like it wasn't as well planned out, the songs were mediocre and the characters didn't have much depth. AND WE NEVER FOUND OUT HOW ELSA GOT HER POWERS. WTF?!
I am not a fan of Frozen ether, but in order to explain why, I would have to re-watch the movie. Since I do think that there are some good to grate moments in the movie, mixed in with moments that feel rush or at worse contrived.
However I don't think we need to find out how Elsa got her powers, at least not right away, since they are making a second movie. With any luck they will explain where her powers came from, or hint at where they came from.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 PM

Yes, I found Anna to be very annoying and her romance with Kristoff seemed forced. Like he catches her when she jumps down and that's it, he likes her??
Those trolls were random too, and the death of their parents too.
Also, i really did not like Olaf at all, he wasn't cute and I found his "adorable personality" to be forced too.
Idk, I don't get the big deal, and it just all seemed rushed.
Yeah, the second movie will probably explain her powers.. I hope

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-27-2015, 10:34 PM

Those reasons make sense, I still just felt like Frozen fell short compared to the complete masterpieces that Disney had made in the past.
I found the trolls to lack in humor, they weren't funny and too random. I also didn't like that they sounded "black". I know that's really picky and probably will sound racist, but I'm black, and I just felt like the trolls being black was used to make them sound "humorous". I just wished that if the trolls were really as important as they were supposed to be, they'd have made them sound multicultural, not just black.

I also don't feel like Olaf was "cute". He wasn't funny and the jokes were really lame.

I just didn't find the movie all that funny or romantic in any way. It was incredibly predictable and lacked a climax other than Anna turning to ice which basically only lasted for not even ten minutes.

I just didn't like the movie and I've seen it multiple times because the kids I work with absolutely love it. It just felt like Disney made a crummy movie to appeal to kids and their pushing the movie to the max to squeeze out every dollar they can get from it. Just screams "SELLOUT" to me.

I will probably never like Frozen, though. Sorry! Just not my thing!

Last edited by Kory; 03-27-2015 at 11:04 PM..

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-27-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikyu View Post
Yes, I found Anna to be very annoying and her romance with Kristoff seemed forced. Like he catches her when she jumps down and that's it, he likes her??
Those trolls were random too, and the death of their parents too.
Also, i really did not like Olaf at all, he wasn't cute and I found his "adorable personality" to be forced too.
Idk, I don't get the big deal, and it just all seemed rushed.
Yeah, the second movie will probably explain her powers.. I hope
Over all Olaf was the only character that I liked, to me at least he seemed to have a happiness and an almost child like innocence about him. However I can see why people might find him a little annoying at times, since well he is cute at times, the are other times when he dose push the limit between cute and annoying.

As for the trolls I do think they where mean as a call back to The Snow Queen, however in Frozen they where very annoying. What is truly sad about this, is that they are under used, at least one of the trolls could have been Elsa's magic teacher and since the trolls raised Kristoff the two of them might have been childhood friends.

As for Anna and Kristoff, I did have a hard time seeing the romance, however with a second movie coming out maybe we will get to see that relationship grow in a way that makes sense. But, over all I think the two of them would have been better off as friends.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-28-2015, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Actually, Kiri, they are making an Incredibles 2!
Oh that's so exciting!!!!

---------- Post added 03-27-2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoKitsune View Post
I am not a fan of Frozen ether, but in order to explain why, I would have to re-watch the movie. Since I do think that there are some good to grate moments in the movie, mixed in with moments that feel rush or at worse contrived.
However I don't think we need to find out how Elsa got her powers, at least not right away, since they are making a second movie. With any luck they will explain where her powers came from, or hint at where they came from.
She was born with her powers. That was mentioned during the first troll scene.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-28-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Oh that's so exciting!!!!

---------- Post added 03-27-2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

She was born with her powers. That was mentioned during the first troll scene.
True, I for one think her powers are genetic. Also, some parents with kids on the autism spectrum seem to find Elsa very relatable, because just like their kids. She was born with a condition that not only makes her different, but makes it hard for others to understand her. I am going to have to read a little about this, but with what I went thought in school, I in a way find Elsa very relatable in that way. It could also be seen and interrupted in different way, but in the end what is important, is that people are able to walk away with something that they can relate to in some way. I think the character is also a good study in what stress and anxiety can do to a person, and now I am going to have to make time to re-watch the movie.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-28-2015, 02:33 AM

And depression.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 03-28-2015, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Over all Olaf was the only character that I liked, to me at least he seemed to have a happiness and an almost child like innocence about him. However I can see why people might find him a little annoying at times, since well he is cute at times, the are other times when he dose push the limit between cute and annoying.

As for the trolls I do think they where mean as a call back to The Snow Queen, however in Frozen they where very annoying. What is truly sad about this, is that they are under used, at least one of the trolls could have been Elsa's magic teacher and since the trolls raised Kristoff the two of them might have been childhood friends.

As for Anna and Kristoff, I did have a hard time seeing the romance, however with a second movie coming out maybe we will get to see that relationship grow in a way that makes sense. But, over all I think the two of them would have been better off as friends.
Oh, sorry if saying I didn't like Olaf made you sad :(

I honestly am unfamiliar with the actual Snow Queen tale, so I wasn't sure what was accurate and what wasn't. But yes, I've heard from others that the trolls should've taught Elsa how to user her powers.

Yeah, I seem them more as bros XD

Did you or anyone like Tangled? I loved it, as well as my dad XD

---------- Post added 03-27-2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

Yes, a lot of people were able to relate to Elsa, she was the only character I actually liked

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-28-2015, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Oh, sorry if saying I didn't like Olaf made you sad :(

I honestly am unfamiliar with the actual Snow Queen tale, so I wasn't sure what was accurate and what wasn't. But yes, I've heard from others that the trolls should've taught Elsa how to user her powers.

Yeah, I seem them more as bros XD

Did you or anyone like Tangled? I loved it, as well as my dad XD

---------- Post added 03-27-2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

Yes, a lot of people were able to relate to Elsa, she was the only character I actually liked
No it didn't make me mad. We all have the right to like or be annoyed by any character we can think of. I guess at the moment I was thinking of his song about Summer, I remember wondering when reality would dawn on him, but it never did.

I think the audio book is still on youtube. Over all I do think its a good story, but it has some problems that are very hard to hard to ignore.

Also I like Tangled and see it as being a good retelling of Rapunzel, if you have seen the musical Into the Woods or read the story in the Brother Grim, you know why it had to be changed as much as they did. However they still managed to keep key elements like the tower, and people climbing up and down her hair, everything that was cut from the original versions of the story was so the movie could keep a G or PG rating.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-28-2015, 11:34 PM

I like the parts of The Hunchback of Notre Dame that don't have those stupid gargoyles in them. Now speaking of gargoyles I adored the Gargoyles cartoon that was on t.v. It would be interesting to see a remake of it and how they deal with current technology and such.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 03-28-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
No it didn't make me mad. We all have the right to like or be annoyed by any character we can think of. I guess at the moment I was thinking of his song about Summer, I remember wondering when reality would dawn on him, but it never did.

I think the audio book is still on youtube. Over all I do think its a good story, but it has some problems that are very hard to hard to ignore.

Also I like Tangled and see it as being a good retelling of Rapunzel, if you have seen the musical Into the Woods or read the story in the Brother Grim, you know why it had to be changed as much as they did. However they still managed to keep key elements like the tower, and people climbing up and down her hair, everything that was cut from the original versions of the story was so the movie could keep a G or PG rating.
Yes that's true, as long we are respectful of others and do not try to tease them or yell at them for liking or disliking certain characters, which some people actually do.

Hmm, I may check my library, I do enjoy reads like that!

I loved Tangled, even if they did keep it PG. I liked the music and characters, and like you say, they did keep some important stuff.

Oh, and as for Hunchback, I've always been iffy about it. I did like Esmeralda and her design, and I do like the song hells fire. However, I did get scared as a kid by the movie since it was rather morbid at times. I did like the gargoyles tho XD

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-29-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Yes that's true, as long we are respectful of others and do not try to tease them or yell at them for liking or disliking certain characters, which some people actually do.

Hmm, I may check my library, I do enjoy reads like that!

I loved Tangled, even if they did keep it PG. I liked the music and characters, and like you say, they did keep some important stuff.

Oh, and as for Hunchback, I've always been iffy about it. I did like Esmeralda and her design, and I do like the song hells fire. However, I did get scared as a kid by the movie since it was rather morbid at times. I did like the gargoyles tho XD
Why? Granted there are some characters that I do think are poorly written or poorly acted, however even if I think something is schlock, doesn’t mean that that someone else doesn’t find it enjoyable. Also if you’re going to say why you don’t like a character, just tell the other person why, and except their option as well.

Tangled was a lot of fun! I think my favorite addition to the story was Repulsed magic glowing hair, that and the way that Flynn Rider responded when she used it to heal his hand.

There are some good moments in Hunchback, but over all I don't remember liking it very much. However I do remember enjoying almost all of the music. Also I think there only should have been one gargoyle, instead of there being three of them.

Ruby Red
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2015, 12:14 AM

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was actually pretty creepy when you think about it. I mean like Frodo is borderline almost a rapist.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 01:10 AM

Frolo, but yeah. And it would have been epic if they had kept those damn comic relief gargoyles out of it.

So what t.v. shows/cartoons did you enjoy watching from Disney? I totally miss Kim Possible.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 AM

I am here!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 AM

Hey Silver.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 03-29-2015, 10:13 PM

The best animated Disney movie to be has to be Toy Story franchise created by Pixar. Disney Animation isn't super strong and hasn't really done too well yet to have any major good releases. Though, I guess Disney Animations best movie would be Wreck-It-Ralph. Disneys best movies that aren't animations are the Mighty Ducks series for the epic lulz that the series offers in regards to Goldberg. There's also Holes. There best DCOMs meant exclusively for syndication has to be Can of Worms.

These are all my personal opinion but I just thought i'd throw it out there. I also neglected Marvel films in consideration for their live-action movies but since there's a few of the bunch that I don't like I didn't include it at all.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 11:59 PM

The Color of Friendship is my favorite Disney Channel Original Movie. Kim Possible and Gargoyles are my two favorite television cartoons.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 03-30-2015, 12:12 AM

Disney has alot of good DCOMs but I think Can of Worms is the definitive one as it deals with alot of understanding who you are and appreciating what you have.

Though the other good DCOMs are the holiday themed ones like Halloweentown or Luck of the Irish to the more obscure like Genuis. The Even Stevens Movie gets a mention though as being a continually funny movie because Even Stevens is a funny as hell show even today.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-30-2015, 12:23 AM

Aw, seriously?
No one mentioned TWITCHES?! I loved Twitches! And Halloweentown, pretty much all of the Disney Channel Halloween movies were awesome!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2015, 12:26 AM

I just like that The Color of Friendship because it's based on a true story and deals with racism.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 AM

I love all the disney movies. They all have something about them that I love, but the ones that I love the most are the ones that faded so fast because they don't conform with society. The one about Hercules, the one about Atlantis the one about the Frog Princess! These are all amazing movies and should all be loved for their art styles as well as their scripts. So it didn't get to your feels as much as The Lion King, so what? It's damn awesome because it went out on new ground.... my two cents.

---------- Post added 03-30-2015 at 11:12 AM ----------

Oh snap, you guys are talking about those disney channel movies >.> Maybe I am on the wrong topic XD

---------- Post added 03-30-2015 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcupcakecat View Post
I like Brave, wreck-it-ralph, big hero six and Mulan, they are some of my favourites. Tangled, Ponyo and princess and the frog are also pretty cool.
PONYO!? NO. Just because Studio Ghibli partnered with Disney does not make it a Disney movie. UGH! But I love ALL STUDIO GHIBLI movies. Hayao Miyazaki is my favorite, my would be next husband, my muse, my... gosh he's so cool. I got his autograph and was SO STOKED!!!!! But.. ponyo isn't disney T^T please don't ever say that again D:

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2015, 03:22 AM

We are all things Disney here. I adore The Princess and the Frog. Oh and The Sword in the Stone.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 AM

The Sword and the stone. Do you notice that a lot of the movements and actions and facial expressions of characters in old Disney films repeat so much. It's funny when I watch an older film i can see the same movement playing out in many other films as well