Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 PM

I'm not a huge Doctor Who fan, but it's really awesome!
*subscribes*

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 AM

@jessie - find them on the internetsss~~
i have everything that's been released on my hard drive.

@kat - tennant stuns kids! at least what you thought was better than what i thought. >_>;;;;;
i actually didn't even register her feisty. it was more like she's so happy. ALL THE TIME. that i couldn't not like her.
did someone say homoeroticism?
much love for the icon. XD

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 AM

Gah, sorry for not posting for ages guys. I sort of dropped my computer on the floor (*coughs**blushes*) a couple of weeks ago and I only just got it back. How have you been?
I made an event Tardis thread, by the way, come check it out! :3

I think.. that in general, up until the 4th season should be spoiler-proofed, but if it's any big spoilers about any point in the series, that should also be whited out. Just in case, there are always new fans around that have not seen much of it, etc.

Jessie, you should be able to find most of this stuff on the internet somewhere, without Chinese subtitles, I'd imagine. I downloaded the third and fourth series, but only until I can afford buying the box sets.

Hey Kultura. ^^

Tireth, what did you think? O.o And hahaha at that post! Gwen can annoy me so much sometimes. .____.

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 AM

Sorry for making everyone post in white -.-;; I mean I totally love The Doctor, but I haven't watched past the stuff I know x.x

Although, I am almost done with Supernatural xD -dies-

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 01:40 AM

Hey, that's nothing to be sorry for! I bet you're not the only one around who hasn't seen all of the new stuff either. I know I wouldn't have liked to have it spoiled for me when I hadn't seen it. : )

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 02-15-2009, 04:02 PM

O:

This is the first Doctor Who thread I've found.
Hooray!

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 05:19 PM

Hoorah! I think there is one in the media forum, just to talk about the show and stuff. I thought a Nation thread would be more fun.
And of course there is the even thread I made. But that's only temporary.

Hallo. : )

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 01-03-2011 at 01:27 AM..

Stallion Duck

Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Hello.

It's nice to find some other fans on here. (Ones that aren't fan girls *cough, cough*)

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Fan girls as in obnoxious ohmigawshtennantissohotiwillfaint or just as in fans that are girls?

Stallion Duck

Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 PM

First one, I mean I will admit Tennant is a handsome guy but all the girls who watch it just for him bother me.
D:

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 PM

Mmm, I'm the same. Even though I'm a huge fan of Tennant - and not only because he is quite handsome but mostly because he is such a great actor and he depicts such enthusiasm and charismatic energy so that you can't help but get excited when he gets excited etc. - I liked the Eccleston as well and I love William Hartnell as the first Doctor. They're the only ones I've seen, mind, I'm slowly working my way through the classic series.
I'm afraid the casting of Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor is only going to attract and inspire more fangirls. :C

-=-Queen Nyx-=-
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to -=-Queen Nyx-=- Send a message via MSN to -=-Queen Nyx-=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=-Queen Nyx-=-

Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Oh my! A Doctor Who thread! I know this is a smidge off topic, but do you also talk a bit about the spin-offs?

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-15-2009, 09:09 PM

Hallo Nyx.

If by spin-offs you mean Torchwood I'm happy to talk about it as long as ljos doesn't mind. I don't watch Sarah Jane Adventures though. XD

Stallion/ljos: I don't find Matt Smith conventionally attractive, but I think once I see him in character he'll grow on me a little more. I know a fair few ladies/men actually find him pretty off putting. :/

-=-Queen Nyx-=-
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to -=-Queen Nyx-=- Send a message via MSN to -=-Queen Nyx-=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=-Queen Nyx-=-

Old 02-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Oh, that's good. I'm into TW, SJA, and DW and have a bit of trouble not connecting them since they are all part of that big, beautiful Whoniverse. I'm glad to see that it doesn't look like everyone is flipping out here about David leaving. There are so many on Facebook who just seem eager to kill Matt before he steps up to the plate.

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Of course you can talk about the spin-offs! I've only seen Torchwood though.. and as with DW, if there are any big spoilers, do white them out so as to not to ruin it for anyone. : )

Kat, I know what you mean about Smith not being conventionally attractive but then again, neither is Tennant. They both have this sort of unconventional, geeky charm and if I wasn't so afraid about Doctor Who becoming a romantic drama with gazillion fangirls fawning over the Doctor, I think I would probably like Matt Smith a lot more. As it is, I would've wanted an older Doctor.. and a ginger one at that! x3

I'm sad to see Tennant leave, but I'm not whining about it. (*cough* Not anymore, at any rate.. >.> *cough*) He's done a terrific job, but changes are inevitable and usually, they are good things. I feel a bit bad for Smith, he's probably aware of how many fans dislike him before even seeing him act, and he has to fill the gap Tennant leaves - that can't be easy! I'm at least willing to give him a chance and not judge him until I see him playing the part.
Anyway, I'm more miffed at Moffat and the producers.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM

I try really hard to not judge anything related to Doctor Who in advance because I always end up kicking myself. It just says a lot about the quality of the show that I'm sad to see any actor leave. I was one of the people who was up in arms about how Catherine Tate was totally the wrong choice for an assistant but I grew to love Donna.

Torchwood wise I'm looking forward to Children of Earth. I still want a proper full series after that though. ¬_¬

ljosberinn

Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I also thought Catherine Tate was a terrible choice but she might be my favourite companion of the new ones now. I didn't like her in the Christmas special though.. well, mostly I just didn't like that episode much.

Children of Earth? What's that? >.>

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 AM

Okay, my first post here in this thread.
Frankly?
I'm going through withdrawal.
I won't see new episodes until next year, and I missed the Christmas special.
I still haven't even seen so much as a picture of the new Doctor!

ljosberinn

Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM

Connie, why won't you see any until next year? Are you going into isolation or something? You can always get the Christmas special online. And here is a picture of the new Doctor.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Hallo Connie. ^^

Ljos: Matt Smith in a dress is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I love The Guardian's galleries.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Because I'm in the US.
And the cable Sci-Fi channel won't show episodes until next year.
We get stuff late here in the US when it's coming from Britain.

His hairstyle makes him look like he's got short elf ears.
I liked Tennant's outfits better.

Last edited by Connielass; 02-18-2009 at 06:01 PM..

-=-Queen Nyx-=-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 PM

@Connielass You can find anything on the Internet though. As soon as the episodes are shown, they are posted online within a few hours. That's how I kept up to date on Torchwood and Sarah Jane along with Doctor Who.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Isn't BBC iPlayer only available for people in the UK? I'm sure there's ways to get around that though. :ninja:

Torchwood is being shown on the same day as it is here, just with the time difference it'll be a few hours later for people in the US. That's what I read anyway.

-=-Queen Nyx-=-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 PM

Torchwood was never put on the SciFi channel as far as I know of. They have their own version of Torchwood called Sanctuary starring the lead female from Stargate SG-1. I do not know what other channels Torchwood would appear on in the United States, but from where I live, it would probably only be beyond basic cable.

Also, did anyone hear about Headway selling cards signed by David Tennant? I wish I knew about it sooner! I would have bought one before they ran so low!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 07:25 PM

I heard that SciFi were offered the rights to show Torchwood but didn't buy it. BBC America should be made available to everyone, it's a crime that people have to life without it.

I was worried I was making the 'shown the same day' thing up but I have found the article I read. The typos are their work, not mine.

Quote:
He [Garth Ancier] also said that not only would BBC America air the five episodes on consecutive nights as they are doing across the pond, but that they would also air in th U.S. the same day as they did in the U.K. meaning American audiences will have almost no lag time in seeing the series. (The U.K. is five hours ahead of the east coast of the U.S meaning the delay should be about that give or take). Ancier said the series might also air in High Definition, a first for BBCA.
I hadn't heard about the cards, but that's a very sweet thing of David to have done.