iminastrangeland

Old 10-18-2009, 06:38 PM

I love the detail that you put into the clothes. I can't get creases right in my clothes worth anything.

^___^ I'm hardcore studying how you do that so I can get alittle better at it. I can't do flowing clothe creases in the least. Haha.

You have very beautiful artwork. <3

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Ise Send a message via MSN to Ise

Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 PM

Meiren: Lol, yeah. They are expensive, but I look at it this way: I spend that much on them now, but they tend to last me a few years. So it's not like you're buying them incessantly. If you get the right colors you can mix up anything else.

Ah, thanks. I work primarily with pencils (preferably .005 mechanicals) so I kind of honed in on linework at an early stage. Unfortunately I kind of did that so much that I'm afraid of color >__>;; Hence that hideous WIP painting at the very bottom of the prior page.

Ah, yes. Yoki does have a bit of a roman nose. ^^; It's also due to using myself as a reference in the mirror plenty.

Finals already? oO; It's only October.

Aoi: Thank you.

Lol, I find it funny how many people say they find watercolors (or in this case inks) difficult. I personally find watercolors easier as they are more forgiving with the way I work (in many transparent layers) as I can lift them if I mess up. The ink isn't forgiving at all, I just got accustomed to letting its nature dictate a fair share of what I paint. xD; Opaque mediums and I don't get along.

And yes, I have tried goauche. I like how it paints, but dislike when it dries. It's a bit too chalky to me =/ I thought I had that WIP painting scanned where I was using it, but apparently it's just my imagination playing tricks on me because I can't find it for the life of me.

iminastrangeland: Thank you. ^^ I had one lesson in drapery and cloth in high school and I've been in love with it ever since. xD;; It's so much fun to draw and does so many things.

oO Studying? My stuff?

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 10-25-2009, 06:48 AM

Wow. Your artwork made my jaw drop when it first popped on screen. I really like it. Were the first one a finished piece, I'd want it on my wall. No, I think I want it on my wall regardless. Now that I think about it, the slightly unfinished look might add a certain spice to that piec, like frayed edges or something. I'm not saying don't finish it, though. Just that maybe a bit of an "undone-ness" to it might be cool. :)

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 PM

Some recent WIPS:

Experimenting with the idea of keeping my linework, which is much stronger, and simplifying my colors down. I love both graphic and painterly looks to things, but I'm slowly starting to think that a graphic look may work better for me simply because it will allow my lines to stand out better. Painterly styles seem to simply compete with my lines.

First is unfinished and never will be, I was stupidly exhausted the night I started to experiment in this style and at some point apparently resized the whole thing to less than 25% of its original size. A little hard to keep my clarity when I can't scale it down appropriately.

Second is something I started based on a pseudo commission that isn't because I haven't been paid over on Gaia, so it's on halt as well. Based off THIS avi. I wanted to take the more graphic approach, so the bits and bobs, which I take no credit for as of yet, are pieces I broke off custom brushes I downloaded via the stock and resources section of DA.

Some RL commission thumbnails and research drafting.

They are both going to be for the same person, due this summer as full scale black and white inks.

The first is Selvaria Bles, from Valkyria Chronicles (game and anime). Her Valkyrur lance is giving me something of a very difficult time, so you can see the thought process as I try to figure it out.

The second will be Suu, from the Clover manga by CLAMP. After a page of other thumbnails, I came around to this rough design for what would equate to a two-page spread. I may shift her angle to be a little more different from the original pose of the illustration with that specific dress, but the rest is fairly set and with plenty of symbolism.

Some finished stuff:

First is an ink commission IRL for the same person as Selvaria and Suu. Super overdue. If I ever decide to stipple again, kick me in the head. Hard.

Still looks cool, though.... :shot:

Second is a RL marker commission for Ophiucha on DA of an unnamed OC. I've been getting a bit more practice with the little buggers, the copics are kind of what started me moving towards simplified color.

Third continues the marker trend. It's a personal piece of my OC, Ise-kit, in the outfit I hope to wear to the rave at Otakon this coming summer. Or something like it. I was just experimenting some more and having fun. I was going to clean it up, but I kind of like the effect of the pencils in the corner and how the shadow gives a subtle illusion of her popping off the page.

Last one is a piece of my OC, Yoki, that I started eons ago. Just wanted to work on something of her during her time with the gypsies.

There's been more, but most of it is piddly sketches that don't really need to be pulled into here. Suffice to say, I've been busy again. Finally.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM

Experimentation continues...

Deletris
The cookie stealer >:D

Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 AM

They're beautiful ^^
My suggestion is that perhaps color xD?
*-* how do you keep you sketch so clean?
Looks like marker I believe (referring to the second picture)
But overall they are really pretty <3

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM

^^; I'm assuming you didn't see anything at the bottoms of pages 1 or 2, lol. And all the newer things are on page 2.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM

*swoon* oh Ise O.O the sketches on the first two pages are breathtaking, but the one of the very bottom of page two really really really drew my attention. its gorgeous! you will post it when you finish wont you? im dying to see the final product. and to see what all these pretty peacock motif things will look like if you ever get around to colouring them. (im rather fond of the colours on their feathers as well)

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Thank you. <3 I'm a selfish little git... xD; It's always stuff for myself or my beau that wind up coming out the best. I really do need to finish up the tango one and Yoki at the bottom of page one.

Ah, yeah. I'll post the one at the bottom of page 2, it's my Valentine's gift to my beau. I've made some more progress, but I'm not willing to put it up yet. xD; Gettin' a lil messy.

Mm, the one of Yoki with her wings won't be traditional peacock colors. The mermaid one will deviate a little, but I don't know if I'll finish her. I've lost steam with my painting lately. xX; Sketches and a more graphic style like the v-day gift art what's occupying my head. A lot of experimenting.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 AM

*Pokes head into gallery* Oh my, that first drawing is lovely. It has a very interesting flow to it, though I do wonder at the position of his left foot...

You've got a wonderful style, the maiden with the parisol is gorgeous. The watercolor is beautiful, but I think her skin needs more definition and the (what seems to be) pencil marks on her arms and nose should be removed and be redefined with the background color, or some such thing.

Beautiful work, in all.

*Slithers out of gallery*

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-05-2010, 05:01 AM

Lol, it's still incomplete and a work in progress, as commented in the post? It's very rough still. One of these days I'll finish.

The latter is not watercolor, it's ink. And it is also unfinished (as the large blobs of white, untouched space would tell) and likely never to be at this rate. ^_^;; I never reached her skin, the background was irritating me too much the muddier it became. Perhaps someday I'll think of a medium I can mix with it that will work, but for now she stays in my rainy day and a blue moon drawer.

kasmik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 PM

wow nice
the lest one on firs page is so pretty..hope you'll show us the finished one too ^^

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 PM

Heh, I don't know if I'll be finishing that one anytime soon, if ever, sadly.

Some recent doodling.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM

... *3* C-Catboys!

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-15-2010, 08:37 PM

Yeah, they're Nigte and her friend's characters.

angielala
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 AM

whoaa those pictures are very good :D

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-18-2010, 11:59 PM

Thank you <3

Puttering around again and had some fun yesterday:

pride1289
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to pride1289 Send a message via Yahoo to pride1289

Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 AM

Oh man! 8D
That last/latest one is pretty b-a <3
Took me a few seconds to realize what was going on in it though XD But that just makes it better ^_-

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 AM

Lol, thanks. I think I should have simplified the stripes a bit. I realized too late that they are very dominating, lol.

pride1289
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 AM

heh, yeah..BUT LOOK AT THOSE RUFFLES >>DDD

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-20-2010, 12:55 AM

Red hair and glasses! I love it :D

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 AM

xD; Ise has a short, red pixie cut and cat eye glasses irl. It's her little personification of herself. <3

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 AM

WIP Dump: I have too many things going at once, as per usual.

pride1289
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 AM

grah! 8D You is so awesome <3
It's cool that you are doing so many at once! |3
and also that you're just so b-a at coloring!!

yuki_snow
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolahime View Post
Quite fantastic, I like that I can really feel the movement of the fabric.
nice artwork,,so, keep up the good work.;)