View Poll Results: Did you Like Avatar?
Yes! 35 87.50%
No... 4 10.00%
Haven't seen it... (Yet) 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-26-2010, 03:13 PM

If for nothing else it was worth seeing for the scenery alone......I was blown away.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
While I agree that the movie was visually nothing short of wonderful, I did not like the Na´vi all that much. I don´t know, but they had this arrogant air that kept grating on my nerves until Colonel Quaritch blew up the Hometree. It´s as if Cameron wanted to portray Quaritch as a complete, irredeemable monster, the most digusting kind of person imaginable, but because of the Na´vi´s haughtiness and the idiotic behaviour of Jake Sully,this backfired many people ended up liking him. Now Quaritch is a Memetic Badass, right up there with the likes of Snake Eyes and Rohrschach. Come on... He may be an arsehole, but tell me he is not an awesome soldier, I dare you!

EDIT: Oh, and I watched the movie in 3D, and felt woozy for a while after it was over.
It was an Alright movie... too bad Jake Sully was such an annoyance and a douche. His character was so unlikeable, I am getting annoyed just thinking about him!

Was I suppose to like this selfish character who got everyone around him killed?
pfft

tomie chan
I swear to drunk I'm not god. :)

Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 PM

THIS MOVIE WAS THE MOST AMAZING MOVIE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
I mean, just the animation alone was INCREDIBLE. like I started to cry when they would show the scenery. It was so beautiful! :cry:

And the characters we amazing too! omfg by far this was the most amazing movie ever made. It wasn't really a bawl-your-eyes-out type of movie but I definitely did. We apparently have the type of technology to make animations like that, yet we still think holographic imaging is the future. screw that! I WANNA BE AN AVATAR!!! ;D

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 05-28-2010, 05:39 PM

It's interesting seeing the different reactions people have to this movie. Most the guys that see it end up hating it and picking apart every little flaw, and all the girls can think it about is the wow effect that the visuals have. :D

For me, I thought it was a good movie. I liked the designs of the creatures the most.

Jakotsusou
Always keep the faith.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 AM

I looooved Avatar. Me & my friends went to see it pretty much when it first came out~ [God. the theaters were packed. =__=] I figured from the previews it'd be good, so I dragged everyone with me to see it. It DID turn out to be good. The first was slow. Really slow and it bored me, but then when things started blowing up... it got my attention back. Lulz... [pretty sad...]

ANYHOO//

It IS one of my all-time favourite movies ever, I own it on DVD, & even the boring parts I didn't like; really didn't seem boring after I saw them enough. X D [ is that wierd? ]

This was also one of the movies where I actually loved the ending. > ~ <
Though, I'm Jealous of the girl~ Jake was fiiiine. Annoying... but fiiine. LMAO. : D

Last edited by Jakotsusou; 05-29-2010 at 12:31 AM..

Neko
Mina.
Send a message via MSN to Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Neko

Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 AM

The graphics were amazing yes, but the storyline was just Pocahontas jazzed up. Still amusing though :]

Rise from the ashes
Sugar, Spice and a littl Insanit...

Old 05-29-2010, 06:24 AM

I think it was awesome! I loved it.

I loved the blue people (I'm not smart enough to spell it). I thought it was cool how they were feline-like. I also loved the Jake's girlfriend (can't spell her name either XD). The girl that played her was great, I cracked up when she did the hissing parts. The CGI was amazing!
So what if the storyline has been done? I think it was a great movie.

Favorite parts. (Highlight)

Was the ending where Jake's girlfriend found him thinks he's dead and keeps trying to wake him up. hen she get the mask and he wakes up and they're both staring at each other then he says 'I see you' and she says it too.

Another one is where he and the other girl get discontected from the avatar machines. And his girlfriend crouchs over him and hissed when the other one trys to kill him.