Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 AM

"If there is enough energy nearby, I can play something simple. Like a board game, or such," Momo offered. "But, it needs to be in a place where there's a lot of energy. Like...by a large power source for electricity."

Nekojia
I've fallen and I can't get up!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 AM

"Dani knows a place where we could go! There's this huge metal stick nearby that blinks little red lights on the top of it, and it has a sign that says something about 'voltage'! Dani knows the way!" She said, opening the door, "Just tell me if you're still behind me every once in a while!" She skipped around the doorframe, waiting for an answer.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 AM

Momo started to follow, but then he paused. "Is it outside, past the backyard?" he asked, suddenly recalling something that made his heart sink. "I...I can't leave the house past the backyard. Unless..."

He paused, then nodded. "Unless you were to find my remains in the crawlspace under the house, and give them a proper burial. Is there a graveyard nearby?"

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 AM

"Remains? Momo is under the house?" Dani asked, a little confused. "I could try to find Momo. I'm sure there's space in the graveyard where Daddy is, I know there is!" She said, starting to sprint to the yard.

Layne whipped her head around from watching TV and pulled Dani away from the front door, "Where do you think you're going?" She asked, obviously still angry.

"Out."

"You're six years old, you're not going anywhere without mommy's permission." Layne objected, bringing her over to the couch. Dani was silent. She scanned the room to see if she could possibly find Momo.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 AM

Momo had followed, her, shocked by her speed. Because of how fast he was moving, he was visible to Dani as a flash of gray-ish black-ish light against something light-colored, and whitish against something dark-colored. He was tempted to hit Layne when she denied Dani access out of the door, but he remembered, glumly, that he was still a ghost.

Talking to Dani had made him feel alive again...

Carefully, Momo floated over to the TV, on which a program was running that Layne seemed to be particularly obsessive and happy about. Because he was near the TV, which was an older model and gave off more energy, he was more visible to Dani. Momo grinned and ducked behind the TV, pulling out various wires and putting them back in in the wrong slots, making the picture and the sound of the TV go wacky.

He then floated back over to Dani, becoming fainter once more. This was obviously a distraction, so that she could escape quickly.

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 AM

Dani smiled and almost giggled when she could faintly see Momo unplugging the TV. She covered her mouth so that she wouldn't attract attention to herself.

"Agh! What the f-" Layne complained, walking over to the TV, "Stupid reception..."

Dani took this, obviously, as an opportunity to escape out the door. She zoomed over to it, silently opened it, then silently closed it. "Where's Momo's body?" She asked, jumping up and down once she was outside. She could still hear Layne yelling at the TV from inside.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 03:42 AM

Momo followed her out, quickly. He had to stay half-inside the house and half-outside, something he did not seem to like. He couldn't fully step out in front of the house. He hated walking through walls...

"My body was burned," Momo replied, flitting over to one of the entrances to the crawlspace. "All that's left are bones. They should be in a neat pile. Once the place was secure, they asked my father to come fetch my remains. They managed to collect all the remaining bones and pile them down here, for my father to collect. He never came. And they never checked up to see if he did come or not. So, they were left down there."

He suddenly thought of something. "Do you need a bag or something to put them in? They shouldn't take up too much space, if it is a large bag..."

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 AM

Dani thought for a moment. She hadn't really planned out how this was gonna work, but she wanted to play with Momo, so she'd do just about anything. "We might need one...but Dani doesn't know where we could get one..." She said, looking around in hopes that some kind of miracle would happen and there would be a random bag lying around. That's Dani's imagination, for you.

She began looking under the house for his bones, as a start. She was tiny, so she fit in the little crawl-in-hole that was underneath the home. "I can't really see alot under here..." She said.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM

Momo followed her under, and concentrated, with all his might. He was able to emit a light. Faint, but still a light. It did light the way, a bit.

"Uuurghhh...don't mind the random noises--making light is hard work," Momo assured her. "I'm fine. You could try to fit the smaller bones in your pockets...urrghh...if you have them. And...ugh...carry the larger bones, that you know you won't lose."

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 AM

"Okay!" She answered cheerfully. Any other six year old would've never gone searching under a house for bones from a dead ghost boy living in their house, but she was all for it. "Thank you for the light, Momo! Oh! I found them!" She said, noticing a pile of bones. "Look, Momo, it's you!" She said cheerfully, starting to put some of the small bones in her pocket.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Momo kept up the light, feeling a tad weird staring at his own bones. "Just...don't drop any, or leave any there...uughh..." he warned her, still struggling to keep the light going. "Because...uurrgh...you'll just need to crawl back under and...urrgh...find the missing bones, to bury them."

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 AM

"Okay!" Dani said, still stuffing small bones into her sweatshirt and pants pockets. She started picking up the big ones now. "I think I've got them all...do you see any left, Momo?" She asked, looking towards where the light was coming from. She assumed that's where he would be, since she couldn't see him all that well.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 AM

Momo looked around. He knew something was missing from that pile...

"My skull...uuurghh...it rolled off the pile. It's...urghhh...a little to your side..." he pointed out, not wanting to leave the job undone. He just hoped Dani's mother wouldn't come out and see her daughter carting away human bones. That...would be bad. Quite bad.

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 AM

"Ohh! Good thing I didn't miss that." Dani giggled, reaching her arm out and placing it in her hands. "That's all of them!" She exclaimed as she started to crawl back out, "You can turn the light off, Momo, I know my way back!" She said, crawling towards the hole leading outside. She hoped her mother wasn't waiting for her outside. That would be awkward. And how exactly was she going to explain the dirt stains on her clothes...?

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 AM

Momo thankfully stopped emitting light, sighing. He was more worried about how she'd explain the bones, more than the stains. Suddenly, he blinked, and grinned. "Dani. Hang on. Stay under for a moment. I'm going to go check where your mother is. Don't move, and sshhhh. Just in case she's out there. We can wait for her to go away, if she is."

Momo flitted away, towards the edge of the crawlspace, and peered out slowly.

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 AM

Dani didn't bother answering. She stayed silent. She thought of something to pass the time in the meanwhile. She started stirring up a wild story about a girl and a unicorn...

Layne had finally gotten the TV fixed, but had now lost interest in watching whatever she had been watching earlier. She turned around to pick up Dani, only she wasn't there. She walked out the door and looked around. "Dani!! Where are you!!! DANIELLE!!!!" She sighed and checked around the backyard. She couldn't find Dani anywhere. "DANIELLE!!" She kept yelling, but there was no answer. She kept worrying that Dani had run away. She expected that Dnai would do that someday. She sat down in the backyard. "Dani..." She said to herself.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 AM

Momo returned to Dani once Layne had gone to the backyard. "I'm back, Dani. She seems to think you've run away," he revealed, pointedly. "Perhaps you should return with something nice for her, so she doesn't have a heart attack or something? A pretty flower, picked from somewhere, perhaps? Her having a heart attack would mean you having to go to an orphanage, remember."

He peeked out to make sure she was still in the backyard, then returned quickly. "She is in the backyard. Now is your chance. Go quickly, but don't make a lot of noise. I...I cannot go with you to do this, seeing as I cannot leave the house. You will find me in the backyard when you return. All right?"

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 AM

"Where should I put Momo?" She whispered, referring to the bones she was holding. "Should I bury them in the graveyard? Dani knows where the graveyard is." She whispered again, "And then I meet Momo in the backyard, right? And bring mommy a flower?" She said cheerfully. She smiled.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:29 AM

"A graveyard would be best," Momo agreed. "They don't have to be too far under, but they should be under enough that rainfall won't wash the dirt away. Maybe two or three feet, if you can dig out that low. Yes, then you will find me in the backyard...and you should bring her a flower or something nice, as a gift, so your mother doesn't hurt herself with a heart attack."

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 AM

"Heart attacks are bad." Dani agreed, "Okay, Dani will dig underground and put Momo in the dirt. I'll find a good spot, trust me!" She whispered one last time before crawling out and running away to the graveyard where her father was buried, being careful not to drop any bones. It took about five minutes, but once she was there, she looked around for a good spot. She found a vacant space near a tree, and placed the bones down, starting to dig furiously with her hands. For a six year old, she was pretty amazing. She dug for what seemed like at least 10 minutes, finally getting a deep hole about three feet underground. She put the bones in one by one, then carefully covered it all back up. She stared at it for a second, then wrote with her finger in dirt: "Momo" under the pile of bones. She smiled. She was about to run off, when she remembered her mom. She looked around and picked a pink flower, then sprinted back to her house. She was out of breath by the time she got there, but she went to the backyard and smiled at her mother.

"Danielle! Where've you been!? Oh, mommy's so happy to see you!" Layne ran up to her daughter, who gave her the pink flower.

"Dani's happy to see mommy, too." She said blankly. She tried to scan the backyard, trying to find Momo.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:38 AM

As soon as he'd been buried and his grave had been somewhat labeled, Momo had immediately felt a sense of release. Unfortunately, that release tried to call him to rest...in the not-so-good place, whatever it was truly called. He could feel it pulling towards him. But, he resisted, bitterly. He didn't want to go anywhere. He was content floating around in the world of the living.

He perked up when Dani came back, floating up into the air and spinning in quick circles to show her he was there.

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 AM

Dani's face perked up when she noticed that Momo was around. She smiled brightly and happily. She was glad that Momo hadn't gone anywhere when he was buried.

"Come on, let's go inside." Layne said, picking up her child.

"I wanna play outside." Dani said. Not in a demanding tone, but just alerting her mom that she didn't want to go in.

Layne sighed, "Fine, hun, just don't...don't go away and scare mommy again." She said, giving Dani a kiss on her head before walking in the house. Dani jumped up and down.

"Momo's still here! Can we play now?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 AM

Momo floated down, landing next to her. "Of course. But you had better poke your head in and tell your mother you're going to explore a bit in the forest back here, or she may panic again."

Behind the backyard was a small bit of forest, perfect for hiding out in. It would be the perfect excuse for Dani to run off again. Momo himself was looking forward to finally getting away from the house. He was excited.

Nekojia

Old 04-20-2010, 04:56 AM

"Of course!" Dani ran back to the front porch and peeked her head in the doorway, "Mamma, I'm gonna explore the forest!"

"Mhmm.." Layne said, distracted by her TV. She turned her head around to Dani, "Okay." Then she continued watching TV.

Dani skipped happily outside, meeting Momo by the backyard, "Mommie and her TV! Silly, silly." Dani giggled, "Is Momo ready to explore?" Dani asked, jumping around in excitment. She never really gone exploring before, only in her imagination.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 AM

Momo nodded, flitting around a bit. "I'm up for that. Is that tower you mentioned up that way, as well? The energy tower?" he added, curiously. "If there's truly as much energy as you think there is there, you might be able to see me, as if I were still alive."