Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM

Roger couldn't help grinning at the mention of a 'vampire mind ray'. It seemed too science fiction to be real, but then again, all of this was science fiction. He was glad that Deiara hadn't used any mind tricks on him -- he had come to terms with the fact that he wasn't a very strong-minded person. In fact, he was something of a doormat. This had always bothered him acutely, but...now that he had eternity, he could work on changing himself, right?

"Blood smoothies?" Roger looked pensive. "Is it weird that those actually sound good?" He shook his head. "Does that mean you're the only vampire around here? I would have thought there'd be like, a secret underground network, or something. That's what they always say in movies and stuff." He shrugged. "There is me now, though. I mean, I've only been a vampire for 5 minutes, and I don't know anything about it, but I'm better than a human. For talking to, I mean."

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM

"There's plenty of vampires around here. I just didn't want to associate with them. At least, the ones I met at first. Although I did meet a few who were okay. Maybe I'll take you to meet them. Later, I think. The ones that really creep me out are the ones who seem to enjoy it. A lot of vampires are loners. That's usually why they end up getting turned. They're more susceptible, I guess. Actually, blood smoothies do sound tasty, now that you mention it. What would one put in it besides blood though?" she pondered.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM

"Well, I don't know about enjoying it, but I think I'm probably better off now than when I was human. Talk about a loner...I was just pathetic. Still pathetic, actually." Roger rubbed his forehead with one hand, trying to quash his embarrassment. Instead, he thought about blood smoothies. "Well...I dunno. What goes well with blood? Maybe cinnamon. I dunno." Roger stood up and joined Deiara at the counter. "That reminds me -- can we eat other stuff? Or will it like, make me explode?" He would be distraught if he couldn't eat his favorite foods anymore. Sometimes it was nice to relax at home with some pizza, poprocks, and Mountain Dew. Life without those little comforts would feel awfully sad.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM

"You can, but they won't be as satisfying anymore. I think it can stave off the blood lust a little. It also helps you blend in. Yeah, you can eat regular food. You'll probably want your meat raw. Oh, I just realized. If I can eat bloody hamburgers, then I can probably drink animal blood. That makes me feel better. One of these days I might get the courage to drink animal blood..." She avoided talking about Rogers loner ways tactfully.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Roger looked thoughtful for a moment. "I guess we really need to work to blend in. I mean..." Roger glanced at Deiara and blushed slightly. "You don't really look human. Not in a bad way, but like, I don't know. Even when I was drunk I noticed you were different. Better." Roger shrugged, trying to brush off his awkwardness. He wasn't very good at small talk, and talking to Deiara felt strange, especially after what just happened. Even though she had been doing it to trick him, there had been a lot of power in that kiss. He knew it had just been a lure, but it had still affected him.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM

"No way! I don't look better. Well maybe. I guess I can't tell in the mirror. And I'm probably immune to other vampire's effects. So I guess. Probably the vampire way of luring in prey." Deiara laughed, but it was slightly forced. "I was never special looking before. And people who knew me from before probably shrug it off. They probably think I got a new skincare regimen or something. I have no clue. People are good at ignoring weird things, I guess."

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Roger laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. Oops. Maybe it was just the way he saw her. Roger shuddered. Ooh, no. Better not get into that territory. Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest and smiled. "Oh...well...Excellent! I'm game for anything that will give me more advantage with the ladies. If it's an actual thing. That happens." He bit his lip.

"Look, I hate to be awkward like this, it's just...I've never been in a situation like this before, you know? Well obviously, but you know what I mean. We just met, and that whole thing seemed kind of..." he paused, looking uncomfortable, "...intimate." He hoped she knew what he meant -- suddenly he had been brought into a whole new world, by a complete stranger. She had to know how weird this was, after all, she'd gone through it too. Even though he had just started a meal, Deiara had shared something very strange with him. Roger's head was still spinning slightly.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 AM

((Sorry it's taken so long. I've been hardcore studying for my trig midterm))

Deiara blinked and thought about what Roger said. Yes, she had been intimate with him but that had all been a game, to get to the feeding. Hadn't it? She did think Roger was cute, but she just couldn't process further than that right now.
"I'm sorry. You must think I'm a big jerk, leading you on like that. The truth is, I don't know what to think. I- well you know, I truly meant to never see you again after tonight. A one night feeding, as it were. And I don't know what quite to make of this myself. Not that I don't like you, I do, I think I just need to sort out how. But first, we should figure out what you're going to do with you're new vampiric self." Deiara ended on a forced cheery note. " I mean, what are you going to do with the rest of your life, now?"