Goth 0 0%
Ska 0 0%
Other...? 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 AM

I don't believe I have but I'll be sure to look them up when I have the time.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM

That's so true! Having a variety of music is especially amazing when writing - sometimes I need certain music to go with the mood of what I'm writing, otherwise I start to twitch and glare at the computer screen, haha.
Eh, they must be pretty good then! Not like the pop crap that seems to come and go...fad music, I mean. Nod.

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 PM

I use mood music mainly when writing song lyrics. It's a habit I just recently picked up.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 AM

You write lyrics? Awesome! Are you in a band?

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 AM

No but I seriously dated a singer for a while, my bestie is a musician, and so is another guy I'm kind of seeing.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~LOOOOOOONGCAT~~ View Post
If you ever lay awake at night wondering what AC/DC would sound like if they had a keyboardist and their music was more danceable? Electric Six one of the few Dance Metal bands I know of. I positively love them and they are fantastic live.
And Dethklok yeah they're a cartoon band, but they have some Fantastic music.

The only ElectricSix song I knew for awhile was Gay Bar, but I love me some Dethklok.

I assume the original poster has heard of The Beatles? But a lot of people hear OF them, but never check em out. Nonetheless, even with the time since they broke up, and two members being dead and all, they're still my fave band of all time.

Of late I've liked dance/trance stuff. I listen to antihoney and Daedelus a lot. But I love oldschool metal like Venom, Cathedral, Maiden and Sabbath; I also love Opeth because they are so prolific.

I know the singer died ages ago, but I still love me some Nirvana. I also like a lot of the vocaloid stuff that is out there, and some of the visual kei Japanese stuff, even tho most of those bands are long ago broke up too.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Ooh, so you have connections!! lol jk I know a lot of people in band too...like, marching band...O.o haha

Explodey: Yup, I grew up with the Beatles! Ah, that made me sound old. My parents love them, so we always listened to them on car trips and such. I like their music for the most part, but I haven't really listened to them in a while, haven't been in the mood.
I know a few visual kei bands. They crack me up so much, just 'cause they're so pretty...haha. I love the Gazette's song Filth in Beauty. The music video is special, but it's a good song :D

Rokurou
Rokurou here, be be bo bo, shake...

Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Hmmmm most hated singer is Justin Beiber!!!!
And lately my favorite artist seems to be Jeremih or Lupe Fiasco.
Though if you arent into rap. then maybe try Ron Pope.
He's pretty good. Love the song Fireflies by him

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM

@Kuro: Haha well I met my bestie on here and he's the one who introduced me to my ex and the guy I've been talking to but in general, I know a number of musicians. My friend's a drummer in a local metal band, know a couple guys in bands that I meet up with every time they come through on a tour, met a few through facebook (one sent me a couple cd's and posters for free because I had complained about not being able to find his stuff anywhere), another that I met on facebook was kind of an accident - I liked his dreads and asked him about it and wound up finding out that he's a musician and good friends with a guy from one of my favorite bands that I talk to on twitter on a regular basis, there's another member of said favorite band that I've spoken to a few times on facebook as well. It's really all about networking and actually taking the time to talk to people. They'll remember you when they see you, trust me :)

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 AM

Rokurou: Oh dear god, friggin Bieber...haha I find it amusing that someone who's as famous as him is also so well hated. I'll add them to the list, thanks!

Vix: That's still pretty cool that you ended up friends with them. I generally don't use social networks as much anymore, mostly because I kind of hate facebook's new format.

ChoShadowMaster
*^_^*

Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 AM

I really like music but I find I can never find a band I like more over than another.

I like a lot of songs from Metallica.
I just started to get into, B.o.B one of the few rappers I like.
Pink, love her.
Jack Johnson, only a few of his songs.
Lemon Demon, funny songs.
Thrice.
Mumford & Sons, I love their song "The Cave" the most.
30 Seconds to Mars, that's a good one.
Neon Trees, I haven't heard a lot of their songs but the ones that I have I liked
Maroon 5, I grew up with them in the house thanks to my sisters, so I like them.
X-Ray Dog, I love listening to them...it's only instrumental but it's really good, I find that sometimes I don't care to hear anyone singing and that I just want instruments to set a mood for me.
The Wise Guys, "Say Oh Lala" that is the only song I've heard from them but it sets a funny mood for me lol.
Jason Mraz, I like a lot of his songs...I personal really like Geek in the Pink, such a great song lol
Lifehouse
Steve vai, "Bad Horsie" I could not stop listening to this song for the longest time.

Haha, anyways....anyone like any of these or hate any?

Last edited by ChoShadowMaster; 03-05-2011 at 11:26 AM..

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Hmm I've listened to a bit of 30 Seconds to Mars, but I only really like a few of the songs, like The Kill and From Yesterday. I don't think I've listened to a lot of Metallica, but I probably should, haha :D