Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 PM

well, as always coffee.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 PM

There are quite a few things I'm addicted to actually and it can be rather annoying since right now it's exam time and I'm TRYING to revise but my mind keeps drifting to the addictions so...they are both a blessing and a curse in my opinion.

My biggest addiction is most definitely fanfiction.net. I can't get enough of it. I'm on Every. Single. Day. Of course there are the odd days that I can't get online at all but it is only then taht I'm not on fanfiction.net for at least an hour. It's usually an hour minimum but usually it can get up to five or six hours even if I have homework. Nothing comes between me and fanfiction.net. I just...I love it. There are so many possibilities and I sometimes use it as a coping mechanism of something happens in a show/series/whatever that my mind just refuses to process
(example Torchwood, season 3, Children of Earth :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well that and it really allows me to get inside the character's heads and see what they're thinking because so much of the time I can't pick that up through their facial expressions or actions because I'm half blind. This means that when I'm watching something I miss so much of the non-verbal comunication and even though audiodescription helps a little it can't compare to actually being able to see it and experience it. That's why I love fanfiction so much.

My second addiction - books. The reason I love books so much is similar to the reason I gave just above about actually being able to experience everything about the characters and the settings because I can't get it all from just watching TV. I can picture things better in my mind if I hear them described and I get a better feel for the atmosphere. It's amazing when you get a good book and you can't put it down. You're completely drawn into the story and the world that it unlocks for you. There's nothing better in my opinion.

TV shows are a third addiction. I can't name all of the shows taht I'm addicted to but I'll give it a go.
Doctor Who (It is brilliant. David Tennant was the best Doctor although Mat Smith isn't too bad I supose)
Torchwood (John Barrowman as Jack Harkness...need I say more? Plus there's an actual Guy/Guy pairing and it's canon!!! How mahy times does that happen? Then they ahd to make IT happen.....:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bones (Love the relationships between the characters)
Castle (Who doesn't love Castle?)
Criminal Minds (Absolutely love the show. I love the characters (especially Hotch, Reid and Prentiss) although I love them all. Plus I love Psychology and I was studying it this year at higher level so it just made me more interested.)
Law and Order Special Victims Unit (This was really the first police dramat that I discovered and I have remained loyal to it ever since. It's been running for 12 seasons now and I've seen Every Single Episode and I am proud of the fact! I think that this series may just outlive the original Law and Order if the number of fanfictions corosponds to popularity. The character of Olivia Benson really draws me into the story line. There's just something about her that makes me love her character so much. Not to mention the other great characters like John Monch, George Huang and Casey Novak (even if she isn't in it anymore)
The Mentalist (Patrick Jane is just so funny)
Game of Thrones (more recent. It's good and I can't wait to read the book series!)

And many, many more.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 AM

As for 'light' addictions, I would have to say Mene and this game I have on my phone. I'm so embarrassed to admit that too. I feel like such a loser, playing games on my phone all the time! :oops:
But I really am addicted to caffeine, and gambling. It's an expensive habit :(

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 AM

There's one addiction I can't believe I fergot to mention!

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 05-25-2011, 02:50 AM

Uhh, I don't have an addictive personality.
BUT HURR GOES~
menthol Marlboro
Watching sci fi movies
Listening to the following Ramones, yeah yeah yeahs, led zeppelin.

pretty much. :B
I'm boring~

Changling Death Wish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 AM

Right know my addiction is (well more a craving) pizza and meat pies T.T

I had my tonsils out last week and have been eating mush since. mash potato's, apple, semolina, porridge, custard, yoghurt, melted cheese, ice cream, sorbet.

BLAH! as much as i love all these i am really starting to hate them and there tastes :( that and everything seems to be yellow coloured *scrunches up nose* So now im craving a giant pizza with all toppings on it. A nice crunchy thick base with cheese in the crust. as much meat as it can fit and veges!!

colorsbold
barely present

Old 05-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Changed my answer. I am addicted to Denial. It makes the day to day dayable. :heart:

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Ah...good answer! Denial is also one of my addictions I'll admit. That's probably why I love fanfiction. It allows me to deny the existance of a certain event in the Torchwood series that SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!! -glares at creaters of Torchwood for what they did- Yes...denial is a powerful addiction and I need my daily fix!

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxRitsuKoruxXx View Post
I am a twitter addict right now (=
btw, follow me.? xD NickiBunni
I'll follow you back if you seem interesting too<3
I'm so addicted to Twitter too, it's the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I look at before I go to bed.

Asuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM

I would say my only real addiction at the moment, are Tv-shows^^

Especialle How I met yout mother, Glee and The Big bang theory. Jim Parsons is so funny in the role of Sheldon xD

I guess I also have youtube, I really enjoy spending time on finding stuff, either music or interviews :P

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM

I'm addicted to my husband, who is currently all the way across the atlantic for half a year :( we talk almost 5-6 hours everyday, and we wake each other every morning (9 hour time diff.).

I'm also addicted to music. There's always music around me, whether I'm listening to it, or playing it myself. Currently working on learning how to play a third instrument. Also getting a led zeppelin tattoo to show my appreciation for the great music they have made. These past 4 years, not a single day has gone by without me listening to at least one of their songs.

And lastly, (and sadly one addiction that's diminishing) I read. I always have a book on me, and usually go through about 100-150 books every year, depending on the length. It used to be around 200, but then I got another addiction that takes up too much time (my hubby XD).

Xensas
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician Girl Mirani View Post
I'm TRYING to revise but my mind keeps drifting to the addictions so...they are both a blessing and a curse in my opinion.

Torchwood, season 3, Children of Earth

(It is brilliant. David Tennant was the best Doctor although Mat Smith isn't too bad I supose)

Game of Thrones (more recent. It's good and I can't wait to read the book series!)
Yeah revising...not happening. I adore Torchwood, new one is coming soon woo and yes that one made me so so so sad.

I disagree with your Dr preference. David was good but sadly towards the end he got samey and boring, now that was more the writers choose his emotions that were popular to come through than him as an actor but it sort of tainted my image of him. I ADORE Matt Smith. He is what the doctor is in my mind.

My boyfriend is reading game of thrones and adores it. I was debating getting it to read myself but I'll have to wait till university.

BlackEggIceBird
*^_^*

Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 AM

At this moment the internet a certain site has caught my attention. Its the farm and games they have there. I even stopped coming here. Because I can't play mene's games on my phone :(

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 PM

Xensas: I have to say I agree taht Matt Smith is doing quite well at playing The Doctor and David Tennant probably left at the right time even though I think he was brilliant.
Torchwood's gunna be so different though!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

That brings me to another adddiction. DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!! I will use fanfiction to deny a certain event in Torchwood as much as I possibly can!

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Right now I am addicted to Eric from True Blood :DDD

chocola
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 AM

Drawing, pens, and avatar sites. xD I window-shop on jetpens.com a lot.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-27-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspinou View Post
I'm so addicted to Twitter too, it's the first thing I check in the morning and the last thing I look at before I go to bed.
Ohh, I'm addicted too. It sucks. Bad.

Miss Eevee
♡sweet lolita ~

Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 AM

i'm a fellow tea addict - currently it's decaffeinated vanilla tea & chai.
ohmygoodness.

apart from that i also have a thing for kimchi. *drools* 。◕ 7 ◕。

Changling Death Wish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 AM

im addicted to this website right now. and its annoying cos i come on and theres no replies but i still keep coming back to check and check again!

colorsbold
barely present

Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changling Death Wish View Post
im addicted to this website right now. and its annoying cos i come on and theres no replies but i still keep coming back to check and check again!
I know this feeling! So now I am writing a response so that when you come back you will have something to respond to. :yes:

Apparently, I really like eating cherry tomatoes now. For most of my life, I could not stand eating tomatoes on their own (had to be in something)-- they're all oddly textured and goo-squishum, you know? But now I eat them. It is a thing.

Changling Death Wish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsbold View Post
I know this feeling! So now I am writing a response so that when you come back you will have something to respond to. :yes:

Apparently, I really like eating cherry tomatoes now. For most of my life, I could not stand eating tomatoes on their own (had to be in something)-- they're all oddly textured and goo-squishum, you know? But now I eat them. It is a thing.
Harhar thankies Color! And my flat mate hates tomatoes XD
GASP! you cant eat the cherry tomaoes! they so CUTE! lol just imagine a tiny smily face on them all :P

colorsbold
barely present

Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 AM

So now's probably not a prudent time to mention how much I love eating animal crackers, is it? :P

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 AM

But.. But.. Animal crackers are teh nommiest!

colorsbold
barely present

Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM

Yes! Although I find their heads to be even more delicious than their torsos. :lol:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-27-2011, 07:38 AM

I totally know what you mean! Haha, there's more icing on the heads, right?