Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM

Why do you think you play so many timid characters? What holds you back from stronger willed characters?

.:GaelicBubble:.
Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Probably my own personality. Im a shy person, not really to sure personally how to be out there and in your face and such

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 07-26-2011, 04:09 PM

Seems to me that the best practice you could come by would be by role playing.

Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Quite true. I guess i need to work on that xD

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM

So if I remember correctly you like fantasy. What sort of settings in particular?

AdamWalker
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2011, 05:10 PM

Is this an RPG? Or simply chat?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM

I do believe we're just chatting about role playing.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Yeah, this is just a chat Adam.

@SL: Hm, well I'm pretty good with any setting. I just like fantasy based characters i guess. Humans are fun, i don't mind playing them, but having something more interesting to go against is fun. I've done lots of different things. Medieval settings, modern settings, complete fantasy worlds, all are fine with me. I just like having a twist thrown in, whether it be people with powers, fantasy creatures.

Lol, I'm pretty open to a lot actually xD

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 05:49 PM

I've been wanting to get into a modern fantasy setting here lately but I haven't been able to come up with any good ideas so I've been settling for Vampire: the Masquerade.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM

A modern fantasy would most definitely be nice. oh! So do you have a preference for what you like to play? Just women? Or do you switch and play males as well?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 PM

I play a wide variety of gendered and non-gendered characters; men, women, genderfluid, and agendered. I've never played any transgendered characters because I'm not really familiar enough with the topic of transgenderism but I might in the future if I had a good group or partner to play with. I'm also really flexible with the sexualities of my characters as well. Right now I have both a bisexual (female) vampire and a straight (female) vampire along with a gay (male) vampire for my various V:tM games. Some friends and I are starting up a V:tM tabletop and I'm playing another female character who I think is going to be asexual.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM

O_O Oh wow... very diverse! Awesome! I'll admit it that i am not nearly that diverse. I stick to playing women, and on a rare occasion i'll play a man. Almost always straight. Although I have tried my hand at playing a yaoi role play.... It was fun, until my partner quite before it ever got anywhere...

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 PM

I like being as diverse as possible. It leads to more interesting stories, if you ask me.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 07-26-2011, 10:35 PM

I like playing strong willed characters, but I also like to switch it up. I have had enormous fun playing characters that are dumber than a sack of doorknobs. You really have to make an effort to play someone stupid- I mean alarmingly stupid. You have to ignore the obvious and continuously ask yourself if you character is honestly smart enough to think of something. It can actually be pretty challenging. Like watching a B-horror movie where you know someone is going to die from going into that room, but they go in anyway.

I also try to play to my stats when I make a character. I remember playing a DnD game where I completely randomly generated my character. I have some random character dice (race, class, alignment, etc) and I decided I didn't care what I played, so I randomly rolled. It turned out to be a lot of fun.

I would suggest to anyone who roleplays to make at least one character that is completely against their personal grain to play. Just top challenge yourself. you may find that it is far more fun than you ever thought.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 PM

What an excellent idea - rolling to randomly generate a character seems like it could lead to a lot of fun. It's too bad I'm not all that into D&D; I suck at feat chaining and the guys I know locally are all power gamers.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 PM

I have not played 4th edition DnD. I refuse to play 4th edition. I read through the book and a little bit of me died inside looking at it.

I have played 3/3.5. its okay. I am not the biggest fan of feats and they stole the whole 'skills' system right out of Palladium, but it was playable. Mildly annoying the with miniatures, but I had a decapitated Ringo Star head for my map marker, so it was cool. I am fairly old school. I liked ADnD and 1st edition.

I can understand why they want to keep with the new editions- they want to bring in new players and keep them interested. (And bilk all us old school people and try to get us to buy new books.) But the newest edition is garbage- it is made for people who only know roleplaying from online games. Also, they changed the races to things even lamer than elves. (I have an irrational hatred of elves. Don't ask me- it's irrational.)

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 PM

My only experience with D&D as a player has been 3.5 although my partner is playing Pathfinder right now with some friends of ours. I think I'd be interested in giving the older editions a shot but I'm not sure who I'd play with.

I've had an interest in trying out other systems, like GURP, for a while now but it takes me a while to warm up to someone before I feel comfortable playing with them and that kind of limits me to whatever my friends are playing.

Kiwi_x_Pop
The only way you can love me is ...
Send a message via MSN to Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 AM

8] Oh my, I leave for a few days and this place gets busy! yay!! Hey all~

----------

Oddly enough most of my characters are males. o.o'

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 AM

Thats okay kiwi, i love your boys~<3

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 AM

8D Most people do and since joining that other site of ours, I've came up with so many. lol

diave
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 AM

Aw wow, this thread is making me miss my tabletop roleplaying. I've done Vampire: The Masquerade and Dungeons & Dragons and loved them both... I think I prefer the d10 system but D&D has been really fun as well

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM

How is WTFRPG working out, Kiwi?

And what sort of characters did you play for V:tM, diave?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 07-28-2011, 02:46 AM

I play a multitude of characters, although I prefer females I don't mind playing males.

Kiwi_x_Pop

Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 AM

WTFRPG? o.o

Most of my partners prefer female characters and I really don't have a preference. My characters are usually just separate entities in my head. It makes posting hard, because sometimes they all chatter and fight at once and other times they're awfully quiet.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_x_Pop View Post
WTFRPG? o.o

Most of my partners prefer female characters and I really don't have a preference. My characters are usually just separate entities in my head. It makes posting hard, because sometimes they all chatter and fight at once and other times they're awfully quiet.
WTFRPG is Menewsha's "distant cousin" for adult roleplayers. If things get too adult oriented for Mene, roleplays should be moved to WTFRPG. It is owned by the same person as here, but not officially affiliated due to the PG-13 guidelines.