missdark
The Biggest Sailor Moon fan ever...

Old 12-09-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Fusion View Post
I love Sailor Moon greatly.
I have many of the old manga books, so I am rather used to them, and how they portray the characters and how the story flows along.

With the new manga collection they are releasing, I am sad to say, I am rather disapointed with them. To me they feel as though they are moving in fast forward, skipping many events and little details that make the characters who they are. Also, I feel the characters are portrayed rather badly. Sure I know who they are already because I grew up with Sailor Moon, but the new manga gives nothing to them. I have a hard time getting sucked into the story because there is barely any build up.
Over all I had hire expections for this series and I am let down majorly.
They aren't skipping anything. It's just two volumes in one. I did a side by side comparison and other than art touch ups and translations it's the same story.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weech View Post
I saw the first two Sailor Moon volumes at the Wal Mart near me and they were cheaper. Just letting everyone know in case you want to buy the volumes and want to save money like me. No Sailor V though.

I remember when Hot Topic first started selling Sailor Moon stuff, I wasn't really into the series then (I was like 7 and obsessed with Tenchi Muyo instead). Now, I've lost my mind and I've bought three shirts and even the costume they sold during Halloween. I got it on sale though or else I wouldn't have bought it. I can't wait to see what other type merchandise will be available soon!
They have a purse, wallet, and I believe they have some playing cards as well.

Weech
Weech

Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdark View Post
They have a purse, wallet, and I believe they have some playing cards as well.
Really? Sold at Hot Topic? Because I didn't see any of that at the one near me. I'll have to check it out again and hope for the best. If not, I can always buy these things online though its easier to get them in person. At least to me. Thanks for the tip either way!

Sailor_Aries

Old 12-11-2011, 04:04 AM

I love sailor moon, I remember watching it as a kid and I even dressed up as sailor moon and got a costume tailored for me for halloween one year. :)

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 AM

I haven't bought any of the new manga yet, but I was really excited when I heard they were retranslating it, along with the Sailor V ones. I still have nearly all of the old manga, but my copies are all falling apart, and I'm glad that they're finally getting a better translation.

I actually saw the new versions in a bookstore a few days ago; it seems very strange to actually see them in print again after Sailor Moon anything has been pretty much impossible to find for years.

And I remember back when I got my original copies, the bookstores didn't even have a manga section. xD

missdark

Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weech View Post
Really? Sold at Hot Topic? Because I didn't see any of that at the one near me. I'll have to check it out again and hope for the best. If not, I can always buy these things online though its easier to get them in person. At least to me. Thanks for the tip either way!
Yeah. If they don't have it check online that's where all the goodies are at.

missdark

Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 AM

I see this thread hasn't gone much.

Bronia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 PM

I know you and what site you mean /offtopic

I only got the Sailor V mangas. I wish they'd re-dub the show, or at least re-license it!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 PM

I just dug my Sailor Moon purse out that I got at Hot Topic like 15 years ago. XD I also still use my lunch box because I'm a dork like that. :P

I would love for an accurate redub of the show. The English dub they have out now cuts too much out of it.