Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:26 AM

I just don't want you to think you have to come..." Emma told them, giving a small shrug of he shoulders. She giggled, and stretched, setting down her empty bowl and patting her stomach.

Her smile quickly turned into a frown, and she turned to stare at Hannah, thinking things over. She hoped very much they would have at least four days before being attacked again, but to be honest, they might not have another choice. Emma gave a quick nod. "Tomorrow, though, I'm gonna cast some spells on you. Just some protection charms. They won't make you invincible, but if you get overwhelmed, they should help you out. If you get into trouble, retreat, okay? I don't want to see you hurt."

"A canyon?" Her gave flipped back to Penny, and she nodded. "Sounds good. Would this other demon keep his mouth shut, however?" Emma stood, washing her bowl and putting it away. Once that was done, she rubbed her eyes and yawned, glancing back to the white haired male.

"We should probably still keep an eye on him, just in case...you ladies wanna take turns?"

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 12-24-2014, 04:29 AM

Hannah reached over to Emma and rapped her knuckles gently across the top of of the female's skull, giving her a calm stare and a smile. It had been her choice the first time to come along with Emma, it had been Penny's choice to come, no matter how childish she acted. To abandon Emma now, just because things looked bad, it wasn't in their nature to do that. Even they had pride of their own to contend with. Besides, it might even be fun. Hannah continued to eat her stew calmly, occasionally glancing at the silver-haired demon to see if he was trying to get up to anything. He was still stubbornly looking away from them, though even he could hear what they were saying. No more quips about them being idiots though.

Penny suddenly popped up between Emma and the white haired demon, hands on her hips as she leaned towards Emma, her face managing perhaps the best frown Emma had likely ever seen on the girl as she judgmentally glared at her master. Her cheeks puffed out a moment and she stood straight again, almost defiant for a moment,
"You know, you never asked me why my skin was so pale or why my eyes were golden!" She pouted again, rising her hands and pointing at her eyes a moment and leaning in closely again, "I mean look at them! They're shiny! And GOLDEN! I thought humans treated gold like a precious material! MY EYES ARE THE SAME COLOR AS PRECIOUS MATERIALS!!" She whined a little more, dancing on the spot in a naturally childish fashion as she hugged her hands close to herself and grabbed at her top, "It's not fair! Why do you ask the first cute demon guy you came across those things, but not me!?"

The male demon only stared at the scene with slight curiosity, however pulling a face when Penny leaned forward, it meant sticking her butt uncomfortably close to him in order to keep balance, but Penny clearly wasn't concerned about that sort of thing as she pounced on to Emmo, even tossing her bowl aside, however Hannah deftly catched it, along with the spoon as Penny more or less assaulted Emma,
"Am I not super cute too??" She demanded form Emma's lap, grabbing her face and squishing her own against Emma's cheek, rubbing against her in a cat like fashion, "Feel it! My skin's all smooth! That's over a thousand years of youth and eternal cuteness!"
Hannah sighed and put the bowl on the table, carrying on eating as she watched Penny pester Emma, she was clearly not allowing herself to look concerned at all, it was a brave face at least,
"You're a crazy old hag?!" The male demon asked suddenly and Penny froze on the spot, staring almost deadpan at Emma a moment before almost turning her upper body back towards the male. Hannah wondered if perhaps now would be a good time to step in, but she also wanted to laugh, if only a little. If Emma didn't grab her, Penny would probably be launching herself at the male within the next few seconds.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-24-2014, 04:42 AM

Hannah received a sheepish grin after she rapped Emma, and the female looked down. They may not be human, but these girls constantly surprised her with their emotions and actions. A typically person typically wouldn't have expected the kind of loyal from a demon that these two had shown Emma.

The smile faded as Penny popped up, and Emma nervously tugged a strand of hair. "Well, it's different Penny!" She attempted to explain, red slowly creeping up her neck and taking over her face. "You're a girl! People expect you to look exotic and pretty. People don't really expect boys to be pretty!"

"'enny! Geroofff!" Emma sputted, her face pulled and stretched as the girl rubbed her face against Emma's. She puled away, playfully swatting at the demon. "I know, I know, okay! If it makes you feel better, I am super jealous of your complexion and crystal clear skin!" She fell silent, however, as the white haired demon spoke up, her mouth falling open.

It took a few seconds for everything to register, and then Emma stepped between Penny and the male, her hands on the female's shoulders. It made her feel rather squished, until she applied pressure, gently making Penny back up. "He is just jealous of your looks, Penny! He wishes he could get a girl like you, and he knows he can't! Ignore him, okay?" Maybe a gag would be needed...

HC-Gal

Old 12-24-2014, 07:52 AM

Penny was surrounded by a gathering energy, the air around them getting electrified as she seemed to gather power at first, where her golden eyes had been there were instead white hollow husks. Even Hannah stood up for a moment, prepared to intervene as well. Was Penny really angry about what had been said. However it all seemed to die down in an instant as Penny stared up at Emma a moment, a strange look on her face, confusion? Dismay? A grin? yes a grin. She smiled again, that look coming over her again, the proverbial cat that ate the equally proverbial canary,
"You think he's pretty?" She asked, quickly popping her head around Emma to stare at the demon and grinned "She thinks you're pretty..!" She practically whispered it as loudly as she could before she looked at Emma again, "You think he's pretty! I knew it!" She snickered, gripping her sides as she soon giggled almost triumphantly.

Hannah stared at Penny in sheer disbelief before sitting down and sighing, why had she expected anything less than yet another prank of Penny? The large woman smiled again, shaking her head and finishing her stew rather nonchalantly whilst glancing over at the male once more. he in turn only raised a brow at the whole scene, mostly staring at Emma's back, even though he'd seen Penny's mischievous face briefly. She was soon bouncing around the room, at least out of range of Emma, having employed yet another from of teasing on the poor girl.

He wanted to say they were insane, but just a little part of him found it funny, and even then; had this girl that had been attempting to threaten him accidentally complimented him in appearance? Had a hyperactive thousand-and-something child just played her like a violin? Even he was feeling the same disbelief as Hannah, though stuck in place, he really couldn't do more and watch the antics of these three and find them bizarre.
Wait, why was he pretty? He was a man, damnit. And he was supposed to be a demon. this alone left his thoughts stewing a little in irritation as he cringed at the realization of what was being said, "For Varnus' sake, I got beaten by a bunch of morons.." He half muttered under his breath, dropping his head in shame.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:09 AM

Emma grew worried as Penny seemed angry. A relieved sigh left her once she was grinning, though Emma seemed to be going through emotions rather quickly herself. "Penny!" She admonished, blushing brightly. "Will you stop?!" The demon was bouncing all around, and Emma began reaching for various objects, tossing them at the female. "Yes, he's pretty! But, in a weird way! He's just..." Her violet eyes glanced at the boy, and away quickly. "Just exotic! That's all! Will you stay still!?"

"Why are you so obsessed with who I may or may not like all of a sudden?" Emma snapped, crossing her arms over her chest, before grabbing a spoon and hurling it towards the hyperactive demon. "Hey, I heard that!" She stated, giving the newest demon a quick glare, although, again, she couldn't look at him longer than a few seconds.

"Stop....running! He's weird! Ugh!" Stopping trying to pelt Penny with kitchen utensils, Emma collapsed back in the chair, giving Hannah a pleading look. "I can't do this...I'm going to bed...Will you watch him? You can wake me up if you get tired, and I'll take over." She waited for the female's response before speaking again.

"And tomorrow, we are so having a talk about limits in this house." This last part was aimed toward Penny, and Emma turned from the women, still unable to look at the boy. She moved from the room, almost like she was running, and took refuge in her own tiny bedroom.

HC-Gal

Old 12-24-2014, 11:22 AM

The smallest demoness was giggling the whole time as she deftly dodged the various utensils hurtling through the air at her, they bounced off the walls, the door, even other objects in the home whilst Penny appeared in various places around the home like a mechanical fair game set to the highest difficulty. She thought she was safe for a moment until the wooden spoon found its home across her face and she disappeared over the back of the kitchen counter with the resounding clang of a precise hit to a metal surface.

Hannah sighed, smiling at Emma then nodding once at her request. There was no point saying she could wake Emma if she was tired, she didn't tire that easily. They hadn't had much in the way of combat today, even the fight with this male demon had been brief. It certainly wasn't a fight-for-your-life situation. She observed as, once Emma retreated to her room, Penny gathered the various utensils quickly, put them all in the sink and started washing,
"Why do you antagonize her so much?" Hannah asked, Penny turned to look back at the taller female for a moment then smiled, but the voice she spoke with next was different, older, that of a woman much further in her years, certainly not a child,
"I enjoy seeing her in high spirits. She flourishes in adversity like all the brightest humans tend to do."

The male looked at them both once more, focused on penny this time, that sudden change was probably the most surprising of all, however Hannah seemed less-than-fazed. penny started at him, grinned then put a finger to her lips as a sign to hush, he supposed it was about her change in voice, because soon she was humming to herself like a child again.
Hannah brought the last of the dishes to the sink, then foraged through the cupboards until she found a small loaf of bread. It was enough. She made her way to the male, but as he opened his mouth to speak, she shoved the end of it into his mouth and rapped him on the head again with her knuckles,
"Eat, idiot." She stated firmly and left him to it. It was a little bit of a task but he managed to bring it in bite-by-bite and eventually swallow it all. Though he didn't say anything. It looked like this would be a long few days..

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-24-2014, 12:06 PM

Two days of her normal boring life had passed. Two days of necessary chores and spellcasting. Two days of what had become her normal life. The only difference and distraction was the newest demon.

Emma had already cast the protection spells for the town, had already gathered up plenty of food, had already figured out her mistakes from the failed spell for the male demon. It was becoming so boring. But, today would be different. Today, the white haired boy they'd captured would be bound to an item. Hopefully, Emma would even be able to tell what kind of demon he was by the item.

The girls typically kept Emma on her toes, Penny especially. But Emma got bored all too easily laying around. She'd spent far too much time with the demon, attempting to feed him, asking him questions, although she hadn't gotten much farther than the first day. The only difference her time spent with him was that Penny seemed to tease her all the more. She'd even named him herself, although it was temporary, of course, since he wouldn't tell her his name. She'd selected Igor, although he seemed to hate it, it seemed to fit his temperament well. She even told him that she would use his real name if he would just tell her.

The violet eyed girl woke up, already excited, a smile on her face. She'd been holding the necklace as she slept, peering at it in an attempt to figure out what he was.

Emma hopped from her bed, tugging her pajamas off and tugging a dress on. She braided her hair in record time, and rushed from the room. She grabbed her staff, which she barely used, and darted to the kitchen, spinning upon her arrival. She felt like a million dollars, as well. Her magic was fully charged, and with her staff she should be able to focus her power and get enough energy.

"Goooood morning, Igor!" Emma sang, propping her staff against a cabinet. "Are ya hungry?" Already expecting him to say no or refuse to answer, Emma started gathering up her paints.

Her magic was back at full blast, she'd slept well, and she was pretty sure she just needed some more power to bind an unwilling demon, hence the staff. In the kitchen, she started on her circle, not even fixing breakfast first. She dipped her brush into the cup, and got on her hands and knees, drawing the circle meticulously.

"Aren't you excited? I know I ammmmmm!" This was how most of their conversations seemed to go. Emma talked, and Igor refused to look at her. When he did it was usually a glare or a 'do you ever shut up?' kind of look. And she'd been so super nice!

Last edited by Kisu; 12-24-2014 at 02:46 PM..

HC-Gal

Old 12-24-2014, 09:32 PM

Hannah had made good on her word as she went out for parts of the day, patrolling mostly, but when a demon attack occurred; she rushed headlong into them. The affairs were a little more drawn out than normal, taking whole groups alone weren't easy affairs, but she didn't let up. She came home each time fairly banged up, but she barely complained, she just ate, rested, recovered from her wounds with a little help from Penny and simply walked right back out again, as dutiful as any guardsman for a town.

Penny on the other hand made a habit of teasing Emma still, without a doubt she was getting quite a kick out of it, though she also disappeared for hours at a time, returning with a wide smile on her face, again, that proverbial cat that ate the canary seemed to describe her perfectly. There would be mischief abound, there was no doubt of that. Any other time of the day she was either cleaning the house, or trying to, teasing Emma, pestering the demon or even making a nuisance of herself in town. the people had gotten used to her, sort of, but she could still cause a ruckus. Though as much mischief as she caused, she did fair bits of good around the town too.

Igor wasn't exactly in a position to move anywhere, he stayed quiet most of the time, snapping at Penny a few times whens he got too close or Emma whens he pestered him or tried to ask him things, he certainly had no interest in giving much more away, certainly not his name. He was actually a little surprised to see her so chipper when she woke up, frowning as response to her.

"Oh yeah, thrilled." He muttered, glancing away from her again, Hannah had just stepped out a little while ago and Penny was causing problems in town, he could hear the early morning yelling of the townsfolk that were setting up shop from inside the little house, though exactly what she had been doing to make them yell so loudly, he could only guess. He'd never really seen her wielding a staff before and she was also using paints now. He supposed she was getting ready to finish whatever the hell it was she as trying to do the first time when she stole most of his power, "You're sure taking your time. What? Afraid I'll resist? I don't exactly have the power left to stop you trying to do whatever it was you failed the first time." If anything she might at least learn to beat her target into the ground so they couldn't resist first the next time she came across a reasonably strong opponent.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-24-2014, 10:37 PM

"If I'm not this careful..." Emma replied, adding more to the circle. "Igor, I could end up hurting you if I make a mistake. I might have separated you from your powers, but it seems like willpower has a lot to do with this. If you are still just as unwilling, it could be just as hard as before. So, just in case, I want to make sure everything is perfect. And I probably don't need a ton of power. But, I want to make sure that when I do this to the next unwilling demon, I don't fail..."

As she spoke, she'd been inching around, getting bit by bit finished. She stepped back, before doing the intricate design, viewing the circle. She gave a nod, and started on the symbol. That took a few minutes, before Emma was examining it as well. She waited a few minutes, humming impatiently, until the area was dry, and set down her mother's necklace in the design, shifting it until it was right. Satisfied, the girl moved to the demon, waving her hand. Igor glowed green again, and him and the chair floated into the middle of the table, the male being set down sideways carefully.

"Once this is done, and once the next wave of demons attacks, we can make our 'intentions' clear, and get the heck outta here..." Emma stepped to the design, grabbing her staff and sitting down.

She flopped unto the ground, her staff across her lap, with both hands on the wooden handle. Her violet eyes closed, Emma focused on breathing. Once she had meditated for a few minutes, she began to glow. Just like before, she began to glow, as well as the circle.

A few minutes later, Emma opened her eyes, panting heavily, looking toward the table, and hoping Igor would be gone.

HC-Gal

Old 12-25-2014, 12:50 AM

"Like you should care at all if it ends up hurting me, are you really that dense?" He chided, staring at her with the same disapproving look he'd had the whole time. Once she was finished preparing; he felt the ground leave from underneath him as he was soon set down next to the necklace. He could feel his own power emanating from it considering how close he was to it. It was strange, almost like looking at a mirror and wondering why you could see yourself for a moment.

He didn't even register the sensation as he felt himself drawn towards the amulet before he was practically sucked in to it, vanishing from the chair entirely And for a short while, everything was dark, but then a warmth spread through him as he once more felt his power, laughter reputed from the direction of the table and the area seemed to explode with life as energy crackled in the air, the power of his aura growing around him in a deep red hue, even the lightning strikes that cast off from him were a deep crimson and he unleashed laughter, almost bellowing proudly at the return of his power, however once he stood up he realized something,
"Wait, what the hell?!" The energy in the air around him vanished, though his Aura remained present. On the table the necklace stood upon the point of its amulet. In the center of it now were two red gems for his eyes and an etched in face that still moved as he spoke, "What did you do wrong this time?! I'm a pint-sized scrap of metal!" He complained, falling forward with a clatter and groaning, "Damnit..! I didn't think you were this useless! What the hell am I supposed to do as a necklace? Choke people to death with my chain??"

The necklace shifted again, the chain helping him to upright again as the amulet swung back and forth in place a little, the small angry face staring at Emma again. How was he supposed to be mobile with a body like this? Things felt different, even though he actually had a good sense of how to move himself. He certainly couldn't escape in this condition, hell, could he even escape her in this form? Not likely. He hadn't exactly put up resistance, thinking this would be the opportune moment to escape these crazies, instead this happened.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-25-2014, 01:04 AM

Emma laughed loudly at the angry face glaring at her from the necklace. "No, no. It worked, Igor. You're bound to the necklace now. Now I can prove an unwilling force can be bound as well! I made the last circle in a hurry, so I don't think it was as perfect as it should have been, and I needed to use more magic as well, instead of trying to hold back."

She stood, leaning heavily on the staff, and stepped forward, lifting the necklace and peering at the eyes. "Lightning, huh? Pretty nifty. I bet it feels rather nice to at least have your powers back..." Her broad grin grew even more when the demon continued to speak. "I can turn you back to your original form whenever I wish. And from that form, I can turn you to this just as easily. Haven't you paid any attention to Penny and Hannah? Didn't you realize what I was doing?"

Emma stretched, setting the necklace down on the table, and tugging the chair and rope from it. "So, Igor...if you want to be able to spend time in your regular form, then you've got to try and make peace. For now, though...anytime we leave, I'll be wearing you. You can cause less damage that way. It sucks that it has to be this way, but, you are a captive, and you have the potential to do a lot of damage. Will you at least tell me what you know about Hadrien?" Emma asked the question rather tiredly, wrapping the rope up. "Also, in case you didn't realize, of course I would care what happens to you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed someone who couldn't defend themselves, all because of a mistake. I'm not heartless. I'm just...." Well, Emma was quite sure what she was. "I just have more magic than most people, and I've studied hard, so I know how to use it. That's all. So, we should probably get moving by tonight..."

Emma left off there, finishing storing the rope. Once it was put away, she grabbed the nearby papers she'd left stacked in the kitchen. They contained various notes on the newest demon. She began to scribble on them once again.

Last edited by Kisu; 12-25-2014 at 02:46 AM..

HC-Gal

Old 12-25-2014, 03:59 AM

"Yeah well, joke's on you," The demon replied, though he had no intention of finishing that sentence. He grumbled as he stared back at her, "Why do you waste time drawing and painting those circles, anyway? It's easier to visualize and focus the necessary constructs with your own magic, it's basic magic. Who the hell even trained you?" He demanded of her a little. The problem with referencing Penny and Hannah was that he'd barely witnessed that, only Penny appearing from thin air, she hadn't yet turned them into objects in front of him.

He glared at her whens he mentioned making peace, her request to speak of Hadrien, even her claims of caring. It was soon followed with a sneer,
"What I know of Hadrien is that if he came here personally, right now, he'd kill us all without a second thought. You, the runt, blondie and me. And everyone nearby. And now I know why he's so damn worried. You shouldn't be so damn soft, either, I would have killed you, given the chance, whether you were able to defend yourself or not. That's reality and it's how the others will act."

He grew slightly silent then, staring aside as he normally would, though he couldn't do much again, it was strange to him in a certain way that moving in this new form felt as natural as his own body, but perhaps it wasn't so strange. At this point he was definitely used to sitting still in one place,
"You dony make any sense, human, you should know I have no intention of helping you, yet you still waste your time on me. Even caring for me makes no sense, my purpose was to kill you, I certainly don't care what happens to you or those two."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-25-2014, 04:10 AM

"The joke's on me?" Emma repeated, puzzled. She stopped, moving closer to the necklace, peering at him. "Igor, you really should try just trusting people sometime."

"And this is far from basic magic, at least to humans. Most don't even contain enough magic to cast this spell. The circle is a way to collect my magic in a certain area. If it was incomplete, the magic would leak out and the spell would fail. If it's not perfect, it can't focus the magic how it needs to. There aren't many spells that need one."

She listened as he explained his Demon Lord, and tilted her head. "This really has him off his rocker, doesn't it? Is it really just because I've figured out how to do this? Why would you serve him, if he is so cruel?"

"You and the other demons who come can act how you all wish. As for me, I have moral standards." Emma sniffed, sitting back, and giving the necklace a glare. "I'm not gonna attack anyone who is defenseless, demon or no."

She continued without missing a beat, "And I know you don't care, and I know you won't help." Her tone seemed rather sad. "But, that's alright. Hopefully, one day you'll come around, and all of us can at the very least, be cordial. Now, let's go find Hannah and Penny. I've got to show you off!" Emma smiled, and scooped the necklace up gently, lifting it over her head and settling it on her neck. "You should feel special. Hannah got a ring, and Penny got a hairclip, but with you I kinda panicked. My mother gave me you. Er, well, the necklace that is you."

As she spoke, Emma stood, collecting her staff and leaning on it, she moved out the door, heading to town in search of the two female.

HC-Gal

Old 12-25-2014, 05:17 AM

"Who the hell am I supposed to trust?" He yelled back at her a moment, "Parents who weren't there? A demon lord who will kill me if he gets unnerved? Angels? Humans? A bunch of damn morons who tie me up for three days straight after stealing my power so you can experiment on me with your ability? My choices haven't exactly been improving." He stared at her a moment then just frowned, "That runt really should stop holding back and teach you how to better handle your mana. Not that four days was even enough to get you started.. You don't even notice the constructs being formed when you cast magic. You can do other spells that don't drain you this much, right? Did you ever actually look at yourself when you were casting them? Even a simple fireball is a complex thing, no-one notices it, that's why average idiots usually get their asses handed to them."

He barely seemed phased by her more moral views, instead just pulling a face as she lifted him up,
"Yeah whatever, good luck with that little flight of fancy, you must be deluded if you think tha-HEY! WAIT WAIT WAIT!" He yelled as she was lowering him, the amulet danced in the air, eventually turning a moment to stare at her, but it was too late as she put him on, her stared up and hollered at her again, "You're not putting me down HERE!" He protested, "This is the inside of your shirt! What kind of lewd woman are you?! I may be a demon but I'm not that kind of guy!" He continued, "That runt wont let you hear the end of this and I wont hear the end of it either! Get me out of here!" The demon demanded,

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-25-2014, 06:16 AM

Emma looked rather flabbergasted when the demon began yelling. She wasn't quite able to respond before he was yelling for a completely different reason. Bright red, Emma quickly took him off. "Er, s-sorry...I wasn't thinking. Please don't be upset. The only experimentation was the first time I tried to catch you, and to be honest, you were trying to kill me, so I wouldn't have cried if you had died then. The second time, I wouldn't have done it unless I was sure you wouldn't be hurt. Whether you like it or not, Igor, you're mine now. I'm not gonna push you to tell me about yourself, but, what I've been trying to explain to you is that if you can try and trust me, then maybe you wouldn't think I was so horrible!"

Emma glanced around, before wrapping the necklace around her left hand, making sure Igor was facing the right way, and outwards. After a bit, she sighed. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Mine gave me up, when I was a baby. They weren't around either. And you aren't with the Demon Lord anymore, so you don't need to worry about him. But, these three morons are here for you now. You're in the group."

"As for getting worn down...well, that's just because of everything required, right?...Penny?" Emma giggled. "I love her to death, but, I don't think she can show me how to manage my mana at all....thanks, though." She shook her head, continuing her search.

HC-Gal

Old 12-26-2014, 11:56 AM

The chain stared at her with a skeptical look on the face of the piece of jewelry, at least she had taken him out of her top. Her mention of his parents just made him return a slight 'humph!' of contempt. He didn't want to talk on that particular subject, perhaps because it was a sore spot, though he wouldn't admit that out loud either, like many things,
"Dont get cocky, human, even if you've bound me with this spell, I'm not yours." He replied sternly, "I still have my free will, you cant put a claim on that unless you want to end up like the kind of demon Hadrien would aspire to be." He added, the last thing he was going to do was let this girl talk about him like he was property, she hadn't taken his pride from him, "You really are an amateur, human. If it takes mana to do it; you can improve it. It's a natural law of the use of mana. The more you have; the more powerful you are. But if you neglect the fundamentals you'll become a dead weight. There's no-one better to teach you the fullest of fundamentals than a mage. She said she's over a thousand years old right? She's bound to know more than you." He paused briefly, then added; "Besides, it does sound like she has a habit of not telling you important things.."

The point he was trying to make was that there was always a way to improve. She couldn't forever be using a spell that only wore her down unless it's intended purpose was to wear down the user. Most new or powerful magics and abilities started out like that, but training could lessen those effects. Ultimately it could even make the effect stronger. Being able to perform the most powerful magics on a whim was what made the idea of Overlords so terrifying to most demons who knew they were about to fight one. There hadn't been anyone as powerful as an Overlord on Sylvas for over a Millenium. In a way, he wasn't surprised that Emma couldn't think on those terms, such a thing hadn't been too necessary on this world, but Hadrien was vying for that godlike strength and Emma was in his way.

"Eeeeeeeeeeemmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!" Came the most familiar squeal of Penny as she practically flew in from nowhere, leaping on her master, arms squeezing tightly around the girl before she pounced off, dancing back and forth on the balls of her feet as she grinned, "We got the place all spruced up and awesome and stuff! Come on, come on! We gotta go! We gotta go! You gotta see!" She urged eagerly, practically whining, naturally she was still acting like a child, this time a child that desperately wanted to show off something to their parent,
"Ooooooh!" She suddenly pointed at the necklace wrapped around her hand, but then frowned, "Awww.. I was hoping you were gonna wear him properly.." She pouted, placing her hands on her hips and puffing out her cheek, "You're no fun!"

Last edited by HC-Gal; 12-27-2014 at 02:35 AM..

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-26-2014, 05:53 PM

Emma didn't respond to 'Igor', sulking and brooding. She hated to admit it, but the demon was right. She was angry at herself for not thinking of asking the female. This was not something Emma was going to respond to, however.

Speaking of the devil, Penny appeared , clinging to Emma tightly. She giggled, patting Penny's head gently. "Okay, okay! Good morning, Penny! Lead the way!" She flushed brightly, and glanced at her hand. Emma was never going to tell her that Igor had almost ended up around her neck. "It wouldn't be fun at all!" She stated firmly, sighing. "Seriously, when are you going to let that go? There's never going to be something between us, okay? Even if I wanted to, he hates all of us. And even if he wanted to, I wouldn't do anything. He's just...so..." Emma lifted her hand, peering at the eyes for a moment, then sighing, and dropping her hand back down. "Negative."

"You guys got it done? What do you mean? The canyon? I didn't realize it was so close..." Emma was puzzled, and tilted her head as she followed the other mage.

HC-Gal

Old 12-27-2014, 12:43 PM

Penny seemed to give off a smile of delight as she was patted on the head, so satisfied with such a simple action alone that she could almost have been like putty in Emma's hand. It was likely a wonder, with how much she might have seen in over a thousand years, that she still had such a semblance of innocence in her. She chortled mischievously at Emma's response, still beaming widely at the human girl, "Let it go? Never!" The small demoness announced proudly, grabbing her master by the other wrist and leading her forward, "This way, this way! I decided to talk to more friends!" Penny added with a smile, "Aaaaaand we should probably hurry before the torches and pitchforks start coming out.." The girl added quickly, urging Emma to follow a little more quickly.

Sure enough it seemed something was going on in town as she pulled Emma along, grinning as they passed ahead of curious townsfolk. After they passed through the most immediate gaggle of the crowd, something.. Rather unexpected could be seen standing in the field just outside of town. It was nothing less than-
"A dragon!" Penny exclaimed, letting Emma's wrists go and pointing her hands towards it. The beast was almost as large as a house, though pristine white scales along with golden-hued horns and claws gave it an impressively regal look. His red eyes focused on the incoming pair and it grumbled in response,
"So this is the human runt you've gotten attached to.." She muttered, her voice surprisingly feminine in spite of her large frame, "She looks like a half-starved scarecrow, then again, all humans look no more than an appetizer.."
Penny simply smiled up at the dragon,
"Aw, come on, Ti, she's great!" Penny exclaimed, but the dragon snorted int he small girl's direction,
"Hmph.. I don't care.. I told you I'd do you a favor, but don't call me Ti!" The creature lumbered towards Emma and leaned its snout in close, turning her head so one eye could stare at her, "Well? Hurry up and climb on me, human. I don't do this for just anyone.."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 PM

Penny was bouncing around, and Emma followed quickly, shaking her head. After spending more time with the angry white haired demon, she had begun to find him even cuter, to be honest. This was something she would take to her dying day, however. She sped up, responding to Penny's prompts. "Wait, what? Penny! Torches and pitchforks?!" Oh God, what had Penny done?

It was clear in a moment, and Emma stared open mouthed at a dragon. It was a beautiful beast, though huge and terrifying. It spoke, and Emma's eyes widened. Why in the world had Penny brought a dragon here? It didn't seem to be doing any damage, however, so Emma calmed slightly, though she was still nervous.

When it became apparent she was supposed to be riding the dragon, Emma gave the other female a questioning look. She licked her lips and approached, using the hind legs to climb up and awkwardly position herself in front of the dragon's wing joint.

"What should I call you?" Emma finally questioned, attempting to be polite. Penny was childish sometimes, but wouldn't do anything that would hurt her, right? "Uhm, I'm Emma, and it's very lovely to meet you...your coloring is beautiful, if you don't mind me saying so..."

HC-Gal

Old 12-28-2014, 02:11 AM

Some of the villagers seemed to calm only once Emma had decided to clamber up on to the beast. It barely gave them a glance, turning on the stop and beginning to lumber away a little. The creature turned its head again, red eye glaring at Emma once more,
"I am Tiamat, a name given in honor of the queen-mother of the dragons, it is a great honor to bear that name. Though it is also a name that little Penelope scarcely cares to call me in full." She turned her head again to stare at Penny, who was still on the ground, grinning up at the beast,
"Awwww come on Ti, dont get mad, you never call me Penny even though I ask you, so fair's fair!" She put her hands on her hips and stuck her tongue out, but the dragon simply snorted at her in return. Penny had never actually revealed that her name was Penelope, it just sounded too grown up for her tastes. The girl jumped up to where Emma was, almost sitting in her lap while doing so as she held on to the dragon's neck with a grin,
"Well then, I hope the three of you are prepared." Tiamat stated, though Penny took on an innocent look,
"Three? Whoever said there were three?"
"Dont play the fool, Penelope, I sense the one on your human friend's wrist." She added haughtily, though the jewel on Emma's wrist simply frowned. He wasn't sure what to say about all this, he'd seen dragons before, but non quite so big as this one. The biggest ones were usually more powerful, although even this one was small compared to the tales he'd heard.

The dragon's wings spread across the field a moment, far wider than they had first appeared. It took a few smaller wing beats then a thrust up into the air to lift the beast up before she gained some height. The calm aura around her was allowing those on her back to stay relatively safe since they were attached. Although the wind danced past them, it was not as rough as it could have been. Meanwhile Penny squealed with delight as they flew towards the ruins at great speed,
"I only do this one thing for you, Penelope, you can no longer hold that favor over me," Tiamat stated as she flew, though Penny pouted,
"Oh come on Ti, we've known each other for so long, cant we be friends already? You're as stubborn as that old fart!" She folded her arms, definitely sulking, though the dragon simply grumble din return,
"Perhaps I am. But if you want another favor; you do me a favor. And you, human, what favor did she for you that roped you into whatever mischief she is getting up to, hmm?"

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-28-2014, 05:41 AM

Emma had laughed, and inched back when Penny jumped up, and her grin widened at the exchange between the two. "Well, I suppose Penelope should stop teasing me about Igor, huh?" She grinned at the demon. Finally, she had something to retaliate with.

She glanced at the scales beneath her, shivering in the cold air. "How did you know about the third one?" Emma questioned , glancing at her hand. Poor Igor was frowning. He looked so unhappy wrapped around her hand. Hopefully he would come around soon.

"I think it's a lovely name, Miss Tiamat..." Emma called out, and shook her head, although the dragon was facing forward and probably didn't see. "Penny doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe her anything. We're friends. She's helping me with a problem I'm having right now, that's all. No favors involved." She explained, having to raise her voice to hear herself over the whoosh of the dragon's wings.

Despite the fact that this was an amazing experience, Emma was clinging to Penny, and the dragon, rather tightly, closing her eyes tightly most of the way. Heights terrified her, and, if she was being honest, the trembling throughout her body wasn't just from the cold.

HC-Gal

Old 12-28-2014, 11:43 AM

Penny chortled at Emma's attempt to tease her in return, of course it only resulted in the girl whooping loudly;
"Nevaaaaaarrr!" She hollered, raising a fist in the air and giggling again. Tiamat only snorted as she flew, of course Penny would never change, that was a difficult thing to accomplish in many demons, but not all of them. Tiamat's voice was raised at the question directed her way,
"It's a simple thing for me to feel the mana of living things. Beast type demons like myself more easily see the auras of other creatures, our lesser intelligent brethren use it as instinct to understand what they should or should not approach. I sense three auras on my back. Therefore there are three of you. The third Aura is on your hand. So either your hand is possessed or there is a demon residing in the object in your hand. A confinement." She explained simply, "Of course I dont need to tell you that, I'm sure Penelope has explained the power of Confinement to you."

Penny laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head in the process though she didn't answer and the dragon only snorted once more,
"Why am I not surprised..?" She grumbled, urging herself forward with powerful beats of her wings, the landscape below them quickly passing by,
"Looks like she has you completely figured out, runt. I like this dragon." The male spoke up, smirking a little, Penny pulled a face in response, though she wasn't answering this time. She knew Emma might be angry, so she tried to formulate an answer, however coming up with one seemed more difficult than she first imagine it to be, acting ignorant came with a price, especially when the truth was revealed,
"Do not call me Dragon, you trinket, I have a name, use it!" Tiamat almost bellowed suddenly, the male remained silent but then cleared his throat,
"Of course, Tiamat." He replied, "My apologies." The amulet added, just for certainty,
"And do you have a name?"
"The human calls me Igor, though it is not my name." The demon responded
"And that is?"
The male hesitated for a moment but then responded simply with; "Slayzer."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Emma huffed, and went to run a hand over her head, though she had to stop and switch hands. 'Igor' was going to make things so awkward.

Before she had a change to speak, however, Tiamat was saying Penny knew the power of confinement. For the first time ever, Emma felt herself get truly angry at the demon. She had been proud, figuring this out, and being the first human to do so, however, it would seem like, among the beasts and demons, this power was well know. And Penny had been holding back on her. It was very possible, then, that the demon had known her attempt to trap Igor wouldn't work. Emma had wasted time and energy, and Penny had known all along? She made a mental note to sit down and have a serious talk with Penny later.

Then, she was almost falling from Tiamat when she jerked back. Emma gave a tiny squeal, and lurched forward again, clinging to the scales and closing her eyes again, speaking to the necklace. "Why would you just tell Tiamat, but refuse to tell me for days?!" The name itself made her want to giggle, but that would wait until Emma's feet were safely on the ground. Maybe he should have stuck with Igor, though. Even with the anger bubbling up in her, and Slayzer giving his name freely, finally knowing the name made her at least smile. She opened her eyes to peer at Penny. "We are talking later." Was the only thing Emma stated towards the girl.

HC-Gal

Old 12-29-2014, 12:27 PM

Penny visibly shivered, her hairs were visibly sticking up as she scratched the side of her head, she definitely knew she would be in trouble with Emma now, Tiamat had really screwed her over on that little detail. The Dragon spoke no further, instead listening to things play out on her back, perhaps even slightly amused by the matter, she rarely saw Penny squirm, let alone get silenced so quickly. However it was also interesting to hear about this other demon Emma had confined. Slayzer stared at the girl, still frowning in response,
"Are you really asking me that, considering the circumstances of our meeting?" He questioned, "And now you know it. Not that it changes anything."

Penny jumped slightly when Emma talked to her again, the small girl drawing up her hands to her head and lowering it a little. She knew she was in for a stern talking to, perhaps more time as a hair clip. She certainly couldn't run, but she needed a more reasonable explanation than what she was coming up with. Tiamat made a slight turn before slowly lowering towards the ground, with a few wing beats she began to slow, eventually curving into a shallow canyon. In view of them was a fairly sizable set of ruins, or at least it should have looked like ruins, except a great deal of it seemed to look rather fresh.

There were several demons actually working on the ruins itself, even Hannah was there, though she was sat in the shade of an old oak tree, a thin-looking female was stood at her side, gently casting healing magics on the larger woman. Tiamat landed, twisting her body to force her riders off before she leapt up intot he air, staring down at them,
"Well that's that, don't bother me again, Penelope." She growled before setting off across the sky again, gone as quickly as she had been there.

The creatures working on the ruins were mostly lower class demons. Spirits and a few shambling undead. Undead demons were merely walking carcasses, but they had the same level of intelligence and desires as any other. They had only briefly stopped to watch the arrival before returning to replacing stone slabs and cleaning the various parts of the ruin.
Penny stood up brushing herself off and glanced at Emma a moment before smiling sheepishly,
"U-uhmmm... We're here...?"

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 PM

"Oompf!" The mage exclaimed, landing heavily on her side, and standing quickly. "Thank you!" Emma yelled after the dragon, watching her for a moment. She loved the ground. Flying was so not her thing. Emma couldn't help but give a low whistle, seeing all the demons working on the ruins. She wondered, in the back of her mind, how Penny and Hannah had gotten them all to help. These were all lesser demons, but still, they were demons. She started towards Hannah, intending to help, and spoke to Slayzer as she did so.

"It would have made a lot of difference." Emma responded as she walked, lifting her hand to her face. "It would have shown I could trust you. It would have helped to mend things. So, you wanna change forms? I'll have to change you back if you try to run or anything....Really, Slayzer...I would like your time with me to go smoothly and I'd like to see you happy. You being stubborn and angry doesn't help anyone, you or us." Why did she bother trying? In all honestly, Emma had no clue why she wished the demon to be happy with them. It just seemed so important.

Her eyes had skimmed over Penny, but Emma had turned away without a word to the demon. She was really angry, and didn't wish to say anything she would regret later, so Emma kept her mouth shut until she arrived at Hannah's side.

The mage smiled, and knelt by her friend, looking her over. "Want some more help?" Emma asked, trying to be respectful towards the powerful demon, instead of simply starting to help the healer. The mage looked over, giving the thin woman a smile, and a small wave.