kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-24-2015, 07:33 PM

Without the avi's this sites a bust. The avi's require gold.... U know what?... No, I b good for the moment.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 PM

The avatars are what brought me to the site, yeah (they reminded me of a site, sayclub, that I envied the Korean students at my school's ability to play) but I think if that's all meme had to offer, I think I'd have wandered away some time ago. Sometimes it just takes a while to find your vein, and/or mojo.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-24-2015, 08:41 PM

There's fb, moco, Twitter, ect, ect, all of which r good sites,except they don't have avi's.
Although I'm thinking of just doing fb& making my own avi's.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-25-2015, 02:27 AM

Notice that those sites (dunno about Moco) aren't structured for conversation. You say a thing, people see the thing, they might comment on the thing. You're not a conversational social media kinda person, it looks like.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2015, 03:06 AM

But Amane, I have conversations, admittedly short ones with u all the time.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-25-2015, 04:52 AM

I used to serious for people, trying to get 'em to like me. I realized it was too uncomfortable in that outfit and quit wearing it. Now I show up in my crazy hippie garb and whatever else for the serious folks, too.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2015, 12:22 PM

What's wrong w me liking u.
You're funny& smart.

BreTeCrazyPanther
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-25-2015, 12:59 PM

Good Morning everyone...even though I still wish I was still in bed instead of listening to my art teacher:1

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 08-25-2015, 02:56 PM

The "any topic goes in any thread" thing only applies to the Hangouts forum.

What is this thread about? What we expect when we Internet?

Pisces, when did I say there was a problem with you liking me, silly? :P

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Actually, I might fare well in the word games section. Maaaaaaybe

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-25-2015, 05:38 PM

you're good everywhere =3

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-30-2015, 05:59 AM

Mene definitely has it's cliques, but overall I've found it's not as bad as other sites. Even this thread seems to have been hijacked by people talking to others they know instead of to YOU. Unless you have a mule I'm unaware of that is..

Anywho... Sure, there are still those threads that say "private," "closed," "invite only," which always make me wonder why they don't just take their chats to some other private messaging in that case but there's really only a small hand full of those. There are lots of threads in hangouts that do say "all welcome" "please come in" and things like that. It takes some time, but you might end up finding one you're comfortable in (just for posting that is). I know I've definitely been more of a lurker than a poster because I tend to lack the guts to branch out.

As for blogging, I know people suggest the memory jar, but being an almost pro status lurker here, I can say that the memory jar forum, while it is active, is not nearly as active as hangouts are. I almost feel like IRL gets more activity than the memory jar, possibly because the "how to use" thread for the forum says whatever makes you "feel good." For that reason, I don't think it suits a blog that may talk about the darker/mundane/random things in life.

You're probably better off resurrecting your hangouts thread and re-naming it something like "getting to know the Inzane" That's really all it takes. Then, it wouldn't matter what your posts are about. If it's anything to do with you or your grandmother, you're covered. The difference is, it wouldn't be a blog in the traditional sense. Other people would comment and post about their own lives as well. Everything here is more geared towards discussions than pure blogs (except the blogs, which you are right, no one tends to read here.)

I hope you find a place where you fit in weather that ends up being here or elsewhere. There are also services to host websites for free. It would take a long time to build an audience and I think general blogs don't get nearly the same audience as ones that are topic specific.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-02-2015, 04:40 PM

I thought about a memory jar...but I feel like if I'm gonna write a bunch of stuff for just ME to read, I can do that easier with a pen and paper...and forgo the frustration of trying to type all my thoughts on my phone.

I like to read some of the threads here....though I rarely comment cuz it feels like jumping into a conversation uninvited....
*dislikes feeling like the elephant in the room*

Got any peanuts?

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM

No peanuts but plenty of peanut butter. I don't think there's such a thing as too much peanut butter (unless you're allergic, of course).

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 09-05-2015, 03:09 AM

Hey Inzanebraned,

It is unfortunate that you don't feel comfortable in Menewsha. Good on you for sticking it out as long as you have to give the place a chance. If you have IRL issues that you would like to talk about or just vent I know that the Life issues subforum is an appropriate place where usually responses are kept mindful.

I hope you'll eventually feel like you belong here.

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 09-19-2015, 04:42 AM

I'm sorry that you are feeling unwelcome.
For a reason I am not aware of I'm not one of those who tends to attract a lot of attention myself, it's been that way for as long as I can remember both in RL and on the internet. When I'd post my fanfictions or fanart somewhere, I'd get a handful of very positive feedback but always collectively receive less than half what others around me do. My livejournal page, which is the only place I've done consistent blogging to, pretty much gets zero attention but then again LJ as a whole has been pretty dead for several years though I still post to it when I have something interesting to share. Mostly my fanwork.
I've learned, however, that it's the ones that do pay attention that matter most.

BTW, writer's block might kinda be obsessed with me, but it's also frustrating for me because I'm such a perfectionist, every sentence has to sound exactly right or it's gonna bug me. For this reason, I have trouble focusing on my writing and have yet to finish a single most fanfictions I've ever begun. In the end, it's quite worth it, I have a talent with words, pretty much the only one I have. So I enjoy doing it nonetheless.

In my experience, Mene is the kindest place I've ever known. When I began here I had an obsession with the Twilight saga and had taken the name Bella_Cullen. On the internet displaying Twilight fandom is a pretty effective way to paint a target on your back for bullying, I'd endured some quite vile bashing but Mene was the first and only place I'd ever been to where I'd found total, utter acceptance to the point of receiving several compliments for my Bella cosplay avatar even from those who were not fans of the series. I only ever received one rude comment and not only was the person handled quickly by a staff member but said staff member even wrote me a PM of apology for the behavior.
I'll never stop appreciating Mene for that even though I've been over Twilight for 3 going on 4 years and am actually kind of a hater now.

Sometimes it can be difficult for me to find a thread that I have a stimulating response for but when I can, unlike in some places where I can feel strained expressing myself because I have a tendency for raw honesty which has gotten me scolded for being rude, I've never once felt uncomfortable at Mene. I feel as though I can trust that if I ever come across the wrong way here I'd be called on it civilly which gets a much more understanding response from me than scolding.

As far as Mene being annoying on the small phone screen, I totally hear yah. In general, the small phone screen bugs me as does typing out large chunks of text using the touch keyboard so I hardly use my phone to access the internet. I know I'd get used to it if I did it enough, but I don't really have to. When I'm unable to be at my laptop I'm not jonesing too much for the internet unless I had to leave in the middle of composing a post or I'm away for days such as when my family goes camping.
Maybe Mene on the phone is something you can get used to if you don't have much access to a computer.

I hope you'll give Mene more of a chance and if you do I hope you find your place here.