Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 03:55 PM

I had an avi that I didn't get to save and I did have active rps. I followed one of my partners to Caedon because she refused to follow me to any other site. Mostly I'm sad I can no longer look at or refer back to old material because I'm the kind of person that likes to keep all of my rps and such in a folder.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 04:09 PM

I'm mostly active on mene currently. I haven't been very active on Roll much lately, the few people I talked to there mostly moved to other sites when the whole site went bork. Roll just hasn't been quite as active since. I still haven't redone my quest thread there yet. Lost that and a good chunk of items when they had to go to the last site backup.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 04:13 PM

You lost items? O.o I think I would likely leave too if that was the case and I wasn't already very entangled in the community there.
I think something like that happened with Unifaction. I spent a long time questing something and once I had it, they updated their forum and all your items were supposed to move to the new system, but mine didn't. I wasn't that comfortable chatting there, so I just left. Now that forum is dead anyway.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Yeah, rolis got a test version of the site for when they're testing new features, updates, etc. And they went to try to test a new feature but they had the wrong roli pulled up and kinda accidentally majorly borked the site. And the last site backup had unfortunately been a good few months back. They've had to redo parts from scratch. A good amount of users lost items unfortunately. They were nice enough to give everyone a chunk of plats for the trouble though, which was nice, but still.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM

yeeeah. That's a major mistake. I feel sorry for them and yet.... *shakes head*

Omg, I just looked up to see if I could look at what Unifaction's avis were like since I don't remember. Now I'm so sad that the site is gone because I would totally try to play there again!
link
I kinda love them.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 12-23-2017, 12:18 AM

I recently got the avi/pet site bug, so I'm on a lot of sites now.

As Chrysothemis I'm on... Zantarni, Kingdom of Knuffel, and Sapherna.

And then I'm on Recolor.me and Solia, as Snipehunt; and on Gaia as JP-JZ, and... I think that's it for the most part?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-23-2017, 12:25 AM

Ah, I figured that was you on recolor.me. I saw your request when I was looking for something else.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-05-2018, 11:49 PM

I can't figure out recolor.me...

I keep popping in there and playing a few games, but I don't ever engage with the community there... I dunno.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 01-06-2018, 12:44 AM

I have an account on recolor that I only use for roleplaying haha. It's Xelyth. Also, I'm on gaiaonline with the same username (Xelyth). That's all.

Kory

Old 01-06-2018, 01:06 AM

That's cool, Mikio. :D
I am on Gaia, but I don't really use the account anymore... :/
Really, the only avatar site I use now is Mene..

I used to be kind of frequent on Solia, but then they recently changed the site and now I have no idea how to navigate anymore. D:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 AM

I found a couple of interesting lists of tried & failed & current avatar sites.

It's crazy to me how many sites have tried and failed.

Kory

Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 AM

It always makes me sad when an avatar forum doesn't make it.. :(

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 AM

I like this idea. Sign me up!

Gaia: onsenmark(main), OnsenMarkX(mule)
recolor.me: onsenmark
Voltra(once they're back online): onsenmark

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 02:55 AM

Everyone is talking in here today!

A lot of those sites that died quickly get remade in some way though, like Chysandrea and Sapherna, then Terasus and Syndrone. We'll see if that one gets a third site. I'll kinda laugh.

I thought I heard that Voltra was back online already. People like to talk about that site though I've never looked it up myself.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Everyone is talking in here today!

A lot of those sites that died quickly get remade in some way though, like Chysandrea and Sapherna, then Terasus and Syndrone. We'll see if that one gets a third site. I'll kinda laugh.

I thought I heard that Voltra was back online already. People like to talk about that site though I've never looked it up myself.
It's up, but it's not UP-up, if that makes any sense. The site should actually open back up later this month, if I remember right.

Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 01-06-2018, 03:18 AM

*resists the powerful urge to make a penis joke*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 03:34 AM

What is Voltra like? I've asked people before, but I don't remember ever getting an answer.

You funny, Tom. XD

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
What is Voltra like? I've asked people before, but I don't remember ever getting an answer.

You funny, Tom. XD
It's been a bit, but I remember it being really active. The avis were nice.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-06-2018, 06:21 AM

Wow, finding this thread just led me down a rabbit hole memory lane for the past few hours, as I've tried to remember all my Gaia Online aliases. I had sooo many accounts, and only remember a fraction. I believe my oldest account is Riek, followed by a few like ` Technologique, Inverted Watercolor and ElvenShard. 2005-2007 were definitely my peak Gaia years! Once I joined Mene in '07, I was a total convert, and so it has just been fun to try and remember my names/logins (especially cuz I used so many random emails over the years, so password recovery wasn't an option ). Whew!

I joined Roli under the name Facade maybe shortly after joining Mene. I tried it out, wasn't ever a fan. I was founding moderator on Avaricia when that opened in 2008, but definitely fell to the wayside in 2009. So much of my adolescence is bound up in avatar sites!

But yeah. Man, Gaia. Oy.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 11:48 AM

rabbit hole

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-06-2018, 08:18 PM

Onsenmark: Do you have a pic of your avi or anything? I couldn't tell what they were like when I tried to look up the site.

Why did Facade have so many accounts under such absurd and poetic sounding names!?? Lol. I don't know why I expected anything different.
For me, Mene was definitely first, but I joined Zantarni not long after. I didn't know you were a mod on Avaricia though.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 01-06-2018, 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Kat Dakuu;1774030991]Onsenmark: Do you have a pic of your avi or anything? I couldn't tell what they were like when I tried to look up the site

Where you looking for Voltra avis???

Not mine but then Gizzie just used the aviless starter shadow

Kory

Old 01-07-2018, 12:07 AM

Those are super cute avatars. :o
I might jin Volta... Does it have a nice roleplaying community? :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-07-2018, 12:33 AM

Oh thanks. That does look pretty cute. I'll keep an eye on the site at least.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-07-2018, 07:46 AM

@Kat: Hey, I'm poetic and artsy-fartsy... emphasis on fartsy.

But yeah, first and foremost I'm a writer, creative and otherwise, so especially in my teen years I was always making usernames like that! D: I never RP'ed here on Mene, but I did belong to a forum-based RP community for over 10 years actively, with less activity while I was in college. That site finally closed in October, permanently, which was bittersweet...

Gaia never had an account limit per person, so it was fairly easy to and almost encouraged to create new accounts. I don't think they unrolled username-change services until years and years after I was active on there, so that was an added reason to just up and make an entirely new account!

I discovered most of my old usernames by remembering my middle school best friend's Gaia username and then stalking their comments wall until I found myself. And then I found all of my main accounts, lo and behold!