wish

Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 AM

i actually haven't kept up with xxxHolic. :/ i was really into it at first...but i haven't read a few of the manga since. i should pick it up again. <3 i like the drawings from that manga 'cause it reminds me of dita and jima. xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Actually I've noticed that Clamp never ever has a bad guy (manga wise). Or at least one that's just out to kill everyone and take over the world. All their bad guys turn out to be not bad guys or bad guys with REALLY good reasons to why they aren't really bad guys. (So I'm waiting to see if their Tsubasa bad guy will their first one.)

Like Zagato you thought was the bad guy in MKR, but he wasn't. Eriol in CCS was acting like a bad guy so that Sakura would grow. The Dragon of the Earths in X have a valid reason (they're want to save the earth).

Anyone see where I'm going with this?

wish

Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 AM

i see where you're going. LOL.
i haven't really thought about it that way.
but it's true! O-o!! weirdddd.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 01:22 AM

*nods*

Oh no wait, I think I stand correct but I don't really see him as a "bad guy" but rather someone who has a different view on life.

Seishirou from Tokyo Babylon.

Yeah he's probably one of the closest things you can get from Clamp as far as bad guys go.

wish

Old 03-13-2007, 02:11 AM

xD You mean none of them want to "take over the world" type bad guys? the type that want to kill people for no reason? XD and go on wild rampages like on... Power Rangers? LOL. sorry it was the first example to pop into my head.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish
xD You mean none of them want to "take over the world" type bad guys? the type that want to kill people for no reason? XD and go on wild rampages like on... Power Rangers? LOL. sorry it was the first example to pop into my head.
yes! exactly like that! XD

No one wants to take over the world or destroy it. No one kills with out good reason (except for maybe Sei-kun but it's his job). No wild rampages where they level an entire city. *sigh* Yeah, Clamp lacks good bad guys.

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 AM

@Aerysta: That's the thing! CLAMP says that they already know the ending for the series before they start developing the story XD Anyway CLAMP in the manga hasn't killed off all of the characters yet, but it is still unfinished so we'll just have to wait and see what happens :< I tend to not associate the anime of CLAMP series with the manga though, even if CLAMP team members worked on it since the anime tends to disappoint me...The only one that I liked the anime better than the manga was Angelic Layer~

Wish was quite different from what CLAMP had done up until that point, but it really is a short and sweet series =D Chibis and happy ending! YEY!

@Seito: Wow...I never realized that before, but you're right...I think that in some senses it makes it more sense for CLAMP to portray their 'villans' that way because it makes the characters a bit more complex with that sense of duality...Although with their most current 'bad guy' he seems to be pretty ruthless, but we'll have to wait for it to end to know for sure if he doesn't have some other motives!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiro

@Seito: Wow...I never realized that before, but you're right...I think that in some senses it makes it more sense for CLAMP to portray their 'villans' that way because it makes the characters a bit more complex with that sense of duality...Although with their most current 'bad guy' he seems to be pretty ruthless, but we'll have to wait for it to end to know for sure if he doesn't have some other motives!
Yeah but a bad guy, a real bad guy would be nice every once in awhile. I think it's a nice twist but I miss having a bad guy to bash while watching or reading the series. o.o Complex is good though. I guess it's too much to ask for a complex bad guy. xD

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 04:19 AM

XD I think complex bad guys result in them being just really twisted characters? CLAMP's series seem to focus more on characters growing and developing so no major need for the typical good guys vs bad guys? Actually Kobato seems to have 'bad guys'! Mean men from the Yakuza going to a kindergarden and causing problems for the teacher and little kids...but then Kobato is supposed to just be a light, fun, happy series XD *shrugs* We'll see when Tsubasa ends...CLAMP apparently talked about the end of XXXholics and Tsubasa so perhaps they'll be ending the two series sometime soon O.O

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
XD I think complex bad guys result in them being just really twisted characters? CLAMP's series seem to focus more on characters growing and developing so no major need for the typical good guys vs bad guys? Actually Kobato seems to have 'bad guys'! Mean men from the Yakuza going to a kindergarden and causing problems for the teacher and little kids...but then Kobato is supposed to just be a light, fun, happy series XD *shrugs* We'll see when Tsubasa ends...CLAMP apparently talked about the end of XXXholics and Tsubasa so perhaps they'll be ending the two series sometime soon O.O
Kobato... hmmm I think that's one I haven't read.

Twisted is good. xD I like twisted. Twisted makes all the more fun.

ending it soon? Noooooo!! I don't want it to end soon. TT-TT Gah, I have too much fun trying to find an recognize all the characters in Tsubasa.

Actually Clamp likes to do crossovers a lot, even before Tsubasa came out. xD

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 04:32 AM

Kobato is CLAMP's latest/newest series, but it's fairly unknown over here...It runs in Newtype in Japan though so it may have more popularity over there XD It's going to be included in CLAMP in Wonderland 2 though =D Looking foward to that hehehehe~

It's just a rumor, because CLAMP mentioned something about the end...like one of the characters not having a happy ending, as well as the next world that they were going to be ending up next~ I don't want the series to end until certian things get resolved =/ I really enjoy doing that too =D

At the CLAMP panel at AX CLAMP stated that almost all of their series take place within the same Universe, which is why there are so many crossovers XD Gah I feel like such a CLAMP nerd for knowing all of this information >.>

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Kobato is CLAMP's latest/newest series, but it's fairly unknown over here...It runs in Newtype in Japan though so it may have more popularity over there XD It's going to be included in CLAMP in Wonderland 2 though =D Looking foward to that hehehehe~

It's just a rumor, because CLAMP mentioned something about the end...like one of the characters not having a happy ending, as well as the next world that they were going to be ending up next~ I don't want the series to end until certian things get resolved =/ I really enjoy doing that too =D

At the CLAMP panel at AX CLAMP stated that almost all of their series take place within the same Universe, which is why there are so many crossovers XD Gah I feel like such a CLAMP nerd for knowing all of this information >.>

Kobato I must look up then!

It's okay to be a Clamp nerd, it gives information to other people. *nods*
Yeah I don't want Tsubasa to end until I know about Fai's past, the connection with Syaoran and the bad guy and so much more!

I hear they're finally finishing up X!

Same universe? Well that makes sense. xD So what crossovers have you noticed? (Aside from Tsubasa and xxxholic )

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 AM

Kobato's super cute! If you like CCS then I think you'll like Kobato =D It might be like Chobits where it starts out light and fun and then starts turning deeper and darker~ We'll see though, it's still a fun happy series so far

That's good to hear =D I've been waiting for more X for so long ;o;

Hm..There's of course Angelic Layer and Chobits, Chobits and Kobato, Angelic Layer makes references to Magic Knights Rayearth~ *thinks* Um...Gohou/Legal/Lawful Drug has a crossover with Suki Dakara Suki~ All of the old set of CLAMP series were all connected...20 Mensou ni Onegai (20 Masks Please/Man of Many Faces), CLAMP Campus Detectives, and Campus Cops Duklyon all took place within literally the same school and very few years, if any, in between them. X also takes place in the CLAMP Campus Detectives Universe, but several years later...Of course Tokyo Babylon and X...that's all that I can think of right now XD What other CLAMP Crossovers have you noticed?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 05:04 AM

I loved CCS. I can't remember which one was my first, Magic Knight Rayearth or Cardcaptor Sakura... it might have been around the same time but I didn't know that it was done by the same group. xD (is really bad at looking at and remembering authors/artists)

Hmmm I missed the Gohou one. I need to go back and look at that.

Those are pretty much the ones I've noticed.

It took awhile for the Angelic Layer and Chobits one to sink in. ^^;;;

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 AM

I know for sure that Rayearth was mine! I found a deck of playing cards with MKR art and liked CLAMP since then =D It was around the time when they first started translating Rayearth too! Then I somehow discovered X and yea XD The love grew from there!

XD Angelic Layer and Chobits is more obvious in the manga because there's a whole page with the angels~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 05:12 AM

Well Rayearth, my cousin brought it down with her when she was visiting one christmas, I read the first volume and didn't see it since (you're talking about these were my first introduction to the world of anime, xD) over the year I might have picked up CCS and when my cousin came back, I finished Rayearth. xD

Really?! *doesn't remember* Ah I'll have to go find those pages! I figured it out because guy who created Chobits looks like scientist guy in Angelic layer and later the smart guy's sister was the same as one the angelic layer. ^^;;;; That's how I figured it out.

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 AM

XD Oh awesome and that makes sense =D Rayearth was around when I first started really like expanding the series I was into...Before it was just Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball...and Ranma XD

It's in vol 7 or 8 where they have all of the angels around Chitose...I think that's her name...Manager lady, but yea he's the biggest link between the two series~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 05:37 AM

Yeah my first were Digimon and Pokemon, xD I was sorta into Sailor Moon, but not that much, not until later.

Oh wait, I think I might remember that page. I'll have to go find the manga to confirm it though. ^^;;

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 05:54 AM

Yea~ I was into those two...OMG I hated Digimon when I just saw the commercial, but after watching the first ep I fell in love XD Pokemon's fun and everyone was into it hehe~

Feel free to check~ I just remember that page really well because I loved Angelic Layer so much XD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 AM

xD Yeah Digimon is awesome but I think it love the fact that there is so much you can do in the digital world (I have like all these theories I've made.) Pokemon not so much anymore. Kinda getting old, wish Ash would grow up just a little. T-T

xD I will.

So what else about Clamp can we fangirls talk about?

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Yea exactly! Digimon has so much imagination and thought put into it...versus Pokemon which is basically the same premise and new Pokemon and occasionally a new travelling companion =/

XD What else...pairings~ What are your favorite pairings and characters =D

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 AM

Digimon is the better series in my opinion, but Pokemon plays on my cuteness weakness. xD They're so adorable! (most of them) Yeah same plot too, just area chances. Challenge gym leaders, win badges, enter league, place somewhere close to near, repeat! xD And of course team rocket. Digimon at least changes the plot (though it's still the stop the bad guy from taking over the world story) and adds new things and ways.

Pairings Hmmm Cannon or the ones I dream of? xD

Well let's see I love Syaoran and Sakura. <3 My first couple
Yukito and Touya - I actually missed this one the first time I read it (probably cause I didn't know what shonen ai was back then xD)
Fai and Kurogane - the awesomeness of opposite attracts (not a cannon though, *sigh* a shame)
Seishirou and Subaru - <3 Just because it's awesome

yesh, the rest I either don't remember too well or don't care too much for. ^^;

wish

Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Pairings! :D Dita + Jima of course!
oh.. and i like extremely odd pairings. I'm afraid that if i name them i'll be kicked in the bum by everyone rofl. >>;

i'm a fanfiction writer, so i like to write pairings that would probably never happen. LOL

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM

@Seito: For sure Digimon's better in my opinion too XD Should we start up a Digimon thread so we can talk about Digimon =D? I think because it aims at a younger audience it's usually stop the bad guy from destroying/taking over the world, but at the same time they do really different things to change it up with each new season =D It makes it fun too since you want to see how they're going to handle it and change things up~

Syaoran and Sakura is so sweet ;~; So is YukitoxTouya! I have mixed feelings towards Fai and Kurogane...Like I like it, I'm ok with it, but I don't really like it I guess! I like Seishirou and Subaru too! Bittersweet and sadistic kind of relationship XD

@Wish: Go ahead and mention 'em XD I don't think we'll hate you since it's just your opinion in terms of pairings ne? Plus I'd like to hear your reasons for liking the ones that you do~

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM

• The only two that I've always loved are Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth. I've read and seen Chobits, but it just didn't spark my interest like those two did.
    I guess I've just got a taste for their old stuff, 'cause I don't even read Tsubasa Chronicle or whatever the CCS extension was.