22Tsuji22
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Kira*Pika - Hana wo Pu~un
Definitely one of the weirdest pvs i have ever seen xD lol...almost all Hello! Porject videos kinda leave you going...x.X that was weird

EllfieNix
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Almost all of HALCALI's videos are really strange- in an amazingly awesome way. To quote the guy leading the j-rock discussion panel at the last anime convention I went to, "Are there any questions about HALCALI- besides the obvious 'What the hell?'" For an example, I give you Girigiri SURFRIDER. Be thankful this one at least has some sort of plot xD. If you really want to be freaked out, watch the Strawberry Chips ~Tanaka Chigai Mix~ video. It's an odd mix of the Strawberry Chips song, with a clip of the "YATTA!" from the end of the Girigiri SURFRIDER video woven into it. I advise you not to have your volume up too loud.

Most of the Ulfuls (aka Urufuruzu) videos are really out there, but hilarious. I really want to buy the Eenen Osakan Graffiti DVD, because part of it is a video for their song Animal, which consists of a guy in a bear suit running around Japan doing random things, such as getting a manicure on the bear suit's claws or picking up a kid and running with him or running into things, and at any point in the song in which they sing a certain thing, he puts up his arms and yells, "URAAAAAWR!" It was so wonderful. Unfortunately, it basically doesn't exist anywhere on the internet, and I can't buy it just yet. Someday, darn it. In lieu of that, I give you their Ashita ga Aru Sa video, which is weird, amusing, as well as a total mood booster. It's kind of hard to watch it and not be a little happier.

I'm not sure what song it is, but this is the only hi posi video I can find- a crying shame, as I love hi posi. Anyway, it's really odd and features clips of Austin Powers.

Hahaha! I love that visual pun in the Hana wo Pu~un video! For those of you who don't know, the word for both nose and flower in Japanese is said the same (hana) but written differently. If you look, there are lots of little nose flowers xD.

And now, for a couple that aren't Japanese xD. April March's Up Above is pretty strange, but it's one of my favorite videos. Garbage's Push It broke my friend's brain.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

MC Hammer "Can't Touch This" there's just something really weird about that video. I think it must be the parachute pants.

Uzura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys. Oh...my...goodness xD
But it's a really catchy song o:

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 PM

I have a list for at least one group, they just make some videos that just stand out and make me scratch my head at times:
Rammstein:
Mein Teil-holy crud, you just are lost even if you do understand German, less you knew what the video and song was about. I found out from one site I use for translations of the back story was of a crime where one guy ate another guy.
Sonne- All I have to say is demonic snowwhite, that's just what made me go, 'huh?'
Mann Gegen Mann- I'll let 'Man against Man' say it all for the video.
Rosenrot-I just don't understand and it kinda scares me to watch the video for this song.

king99
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 PM

pretty much any music video by the knife...but they're such a great band

Fetus Cakes
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Fetus Cakes Send a message via MSN to Fetus Cakes Send a message via Yahoo to Fetus Cakes

Old 10-20-2007, 12:18 AM

The GazettE's [Mad Marble Hell Vision] was unbelievably strange. I mean, they've got quite a few weird videos, but seeing Ruki trying to randomly and creepily appear on the screen was so funny.
Also, the videos by The Bloodhound Gang are very odd. Bananamobiles? Lqtm, indeed.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-28-2007, 02:03 PM

I always thought that the
music video to Genesis's
song "Congo" was pretty
odd.

Karine
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Karine Send a message via MSN to Karine

Old 10-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Candy Pop - Heartdales featuring Soul'd Out.

Not the Melancholy of Haruhi version, the actually one. o__o

blind_phoenix
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2007, 05:49 PM

J-rock bands usually haver very strange PVs(musica videos). MALICE MIZER's Illuminat(I think that's what it's called) is very weird. I know what the song is about but the PV has no aparent meaning.

And Panic! at the Disco's newest, I thinkt, video with the mime. That was just weird and had nothing to do with thte song nomater what.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshokuOsero
Dir en grey - Obscure
It's one of my favorites, but it's still one of the weirder promotional videos I've seen.
Hahah, I'm with you on that one!
It freaked the hell out of me the first time since the sound quality on youtube was already god-awful. xD

nenesama
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-02-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzura
Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys. Oh...my...goodness xD
But it's a really catchy song o:
LOL I was thinking of that video!
An all out brawl between clowns and some dudes!
I honestly love that song ( the band as well <3 )~

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 03-02-2008, 07:26 AM

Like, every Promotional Video from Polysics.

They like, make the weirdest awesome PV's like, ever. xD

And yeah, Psycho le Cemu's Roman Hikou is so awesomely weird. xD I've almost considered showing it to friends just because of it's weirdness, but then I thought not. xD

I thought Mizuiro no Machi from Onsoku Line was weird, but mostly because I think it has a naked lady? that is kind of shown transparently behind the band *zoomed out from the band* almost the entire video...

Believo
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Believo

Old 03-02-2008, 07:41 AM

Venetian Snares makes some of the most bizarre videos I've ever seen. Oh! and Aphex Twin of course. Not for the weak. :wink:

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-02-2008, 05:03 PM

I Want to Break Free by Queen
The Invisible Man by Queen
I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen

Pretty much alot of Queen music videos are weird. XD

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Yesterday I've seen weird, but really - really awesome video and fell in love with it at the first sight! It's so enegretic and at the ame time sexy and disgusting <3
Today I've been watching it over and over again.
Two - I am a Pig
You people should check it out if you still haven't sen it.

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 03-02-2008, 05:58 PM

I have a collection of music videos I think are fantastic, but very laughable and somewhat "HOW ON EARTH DID ANYONE THINK OF THAT?!?!?"

One of them is just based on the song, but the song in itself is bizarre... XD
Datarock - "Computer Camp Love"
You need to see the whole thing, it's wonderful ^^

Kings of Convenience - "I'd Rather Dance With You"
Cutest ever, but I have NO idea how they came up with it, and I have no idea how they got the dancing... XD

Röyksopp - "What Else is There?"
This one has floating things, and is just surreal... The effects are amazing, tho, and the song is on of the best.... ^^

Also, all these three bands are Norwegian and somewhat unknown... o.O Not intentional, I just listen to a lot of Norwegian music.. ^^

hariihyuuga
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to hariihyuuga

Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM

Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy :]

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Panic at the disco's new music video, "Nine in the Afternoon" is pretty weird, basically ALL of their music videos are weird. Especially "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" lol the people are walking around with FISHTANKS on their heads.

nenesama
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 AM

I'll just add Golden Skans by the Klaxons.

It's weird and beautiful at the same time haha.
It's something about the universe I think, the creation, about light, colors, shiny stuff.
Must see~

D-Yoop
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM

I love weird music videos!
Most impressive weird video Ive ever seen.. Hmmn, I think thats
Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
I'll check out some videos that others posted :3

Semi-Awesome
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 PM

Any music video by The Matches or Muse

smolder
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 PM

The music video for Regina Spektor's song Fidelity is pretty weird, really cool but pretty weird. all of Regina Spektor's music vieos are a bit different though. There was also this one music video for ....I don't really remember the bands name but I think the song was called Pink Bullet or something like that. Anyways, the video had some sorta stop motion thing with paper oragami cows.

PandaBearr
Send a message via AIM to PandaBearr

Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 AM

Ahaha. The music video to Stephanie Says by Velvet Underground is pretty out there.But so are the lyrics. :D

It's amazing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MrhQoqjDEps
Watch it. xD

Tasmia
Shadow Siren
Send a message via AIM to Tasmia Send a message via MSN to Tasmia

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM

I originally meant to post this in that thread about which music videos freak you out, but I'm too lazy to find it just now. This video is really weird though.

It's 'Obscure' by Dir En Grey. There's no plot to the video, no real point to it. And as the title suggests, it's just plain obscure, and pretty gory and disgusting. The lead singer throws up at least three times, which is a little gag worthy all on its own. Visually it's a fantastic video...I mean, it may be pretty gruesome, but any fan of macabre will definitely find it beautiful.

I haven't seen a translated version of the song, so I'm not even sure if the lyrics go along with the video...but I can only hope so. It'd be odd if the song was telling a story and the video is just this random compilation of some of the most disturbing things you've ever seen.

It's definitely NOT for anyone under 13 to see. There's some very suggestive sexual stuff in there as well. I think this might actually give a kid nightmares. So...I'd suggest you watch it, if simply to sate curiosity...but it's completely okay to back out after the first minute. By then you pretty much get the gist of everything ^_^;