Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM

Back Story.
*May Contain Spoilers*

Quote:
Producers: Mark Morgan and Greg Mooradian
Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Cast: To Be Determined
Screenplay: Mark Lord and Melissa Rosenberg

Based on the best-selling book series by Stephenie Meyer.

BELLA SWAN has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy, plastic girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarried and sent Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she didn't expect much of anything to change. But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful EDWARD CULLEN. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see straight into her soul. In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance — unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right — VAMPIRE. But he doesn't have fangs — that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice.

To Edward, Bella is that thing he has waited 90 years for — a soul mate.

But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy.

Somehow or other, they will have to manage their unmanageable love. But what will they do when LAURENT and JAMES, the Cullens' mortal vampire enemies, come to town, looking for Bella?

Based on the #1 New York Times Bestselling series by Stephenie Meyer, TWILIGHT is a cultural phenomenon, with a fanatic fanbase that eagerly awaits this movie. Critically acclaimed director Catherine Hardwicke brings to life this modern, visual, and visceral Romeo and Juliet story of the ultimate forbidden love affair — between vampire and mortal.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Cast Listing.

Isabella Swan - Kristen Stewart
Edward Cullen - Robert Pattinson
Carlisle Cullen - Peter Facinelli
Esme Cullen - Elizabeth Reaser
Alice Cullen - Ashley Greene
Emmett Cullen - Kellan Lutz
Jasper Hale - Jackson Rathbone
Rosalie Hale - Nikki Reed
Mike Newton - Michael Welch
Eric Yorkie - Justin Chon
Jessica Stanley - Anna Kendrick
James - Cam Gigandet
Victoria - Rachelle Lefèvre

*To Be Announced*
Actor Billy Burke

Updates.

Quote:
Los Angeles, CA February 19, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that it has rounded out the cast of the Cullen family in the first installment of its filmed franchise, TWILIGHT. The family of vampires, to which the leading male character Edward Cullen belongs, will be comprised of actors Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Ashley Greene as Alice and Kellan Lutz as Emmett.

"Finding six talented actors who can portray supernaturally beautiful, talented vampires of the sort Stephenie Meyer has created and her fans have come to know and love was not an easy task but we are happy to say we have found our perfect Cullen family," said Erik Feig, Summit's President of Production.

The credits for the actors comprising the Cullen family include popular film and television titles. Peter Facinelli (THE SCORPION KING, RIDING IN CARS WITH BOYS) just completed work on the critically acclaimed first season of Damages. Reaser had roles in the comedy THE FAMILY STONE and has been seen on the hit TV series Grey's Anatomy. Rathbone was seen in PRAY FOR MORNING and also appeared in the TV series The O.C. Reed also played a role on The O.C. and also has been seen in LORDS OF DOGTOWN. Greene has been seen in both Shark and Crossing Jordan. Lutz appeared in ACCEPTED and the HBO series The Comeback.

Facinelli is represented by Paradigm and James/Levy Management. Rathbone and Reed are also represented by Paradigm. Reaser is represented by UTA. Greene and Lutz are represented by Innovative Artists.

fallenangel112705
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to fallenangel112705

Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 PM

I can't wait for the movie to come out, but i hope its not too far off from the book. i hate when movies are like that

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 PM

I am crazy excited for the movie adaption as well.
I also think that most of the cast suit the books characters well. ^_^

My only problems with the cast are Carlisle and Edward.
I just didn't picture them looking the way the actors do.
=/

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 03-07-2008, 09:46 PM

For the most part I am happy with the casting. I would have preferred a different Bella and I think Jasper looks all wrong. At first I didn't like Robert Pattenson for Edward but he doesn't bother me as much now. he doesn't look like Edward does in my head but there probably isn't anyone who looks that perfect who would be right for the part.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 PM

Er. There's already a Twilight movie thread, http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=41848.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 AM

Erm.. well its not in the media index so oh well,
not my fault I looked before I made this one.
o_o

MintCar: I agree with the Edward comment,
I don't think that there are too many actors who could really portray his character well either. Maybe Jared Leto.

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 03-08-2008, 03:36 AM

Arlit: I think Jared Leto is too old to be Edward. I tried to think of people who look like him in my head but most of them are far too old to play 17.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 AM

Oh I know he is too old,
I just think someone similar to him would be better suited to Edwards character then Pattenson ^__^

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-08-2008, 11:01 PM

...Wow. I do not like the cast AT ALL. I read an interview with the chick who is playing Victoria, and... eek. I am afraid. Very afraid.
In my opinion, if you are going to play in a movie that is based on a book, PLEASE read the book first. Otherwise you end up like Daniel Radcliffe... And Esme just looks WRONG. So horribly WRONG.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovvy
And Esme just looks WRONG. So horribly WRONG.

THANK YOU.

Could not agree more. :x

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 AM

I just pictured her as more... petite, I guess. That lady looks like a soccer mom, not Esme. XD

Though I must say, all of the cast looks better in the pictures on Steph's website. Rosalie in particular is a drastic improvement.
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/movie_cullens4.jpg
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/movie_cullens5.jpg
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/movie_cullens6.jpg

fallenangel112705
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 PM

I've gotten use to the idea of Robert Pattinson playing Edward, i think he just looks weird on the picture that Stephenie Meyer put up on her website. but i'm sure with makeup they can make him look like an Edward.

Pudin Cute
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Pudin Cute Send a message via Yahoo to Pudin Cute

Old 03-10-2008, 08:27 PM

OMFG OMFG!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!
*fan girl-ish SQUEAL*

fallenangel112705
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM

I bet it's going to be like one of the best selling movies of the year.

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangel112705
I hope not. The books were bad, a lot of the fanbase is worse, and a lot of Books-to-Movies come out..well, not so good.

I feel the series gets more popularity than it deserves, and the making of the movie came about because of that popularity and the amount of money companies hope to make because of how scary-obsessed a lot of people in the fanbase are.

'Course, this is all opinion. And I realize I am in the minority of being an anti-fan towards the series.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 AM

Selmarixie:
What was it about the books that you didn't like ?
I mean they aren't everyones cup of tea,
but what was it about them that bothered you ?
=/

Its not really fair to say they were bad without explaining. ^.^

fallenangel112705
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selmarixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangel112705
I hope not. The books were bad, a lot of the fanbase is worse, and a lot of Books-to-Movies come out..well, not so good.

I feel the series gets more popularity than it deserves, and the making of the movie came about because of that popularity and the amount of money companies hope to make because of how scary-obsessed a lot of people in the fanbase are.

'Course, this is all opinion. And I realize I am in the minority of being an anti-fan towards the series.

i wouldn't say that the books are bad, but Twilight is my favorite of the 3 but i still think it's a good series.

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlit
Selmarixie:
What was it about the books that you didn't like ?
I mean they aren't everyones cup of tea,
but what was it about them that bothered you ?
=/

Its not really fair to say they were bad without explaining. ^.^
Edward and Bella are your general Gary-Stu, and Mary-Sue characters, with no real flaws.

Stephanie Meyers Vampires have NO weaknesses. They can live off of animal blood, they can live in sunlight, they are super fast, and super strong. Not to mention.. shining? What the hell?

The way she describes things KILLS me. It's the same thing over, and over, and over again. Edward is hot, I got it, let it go. Not to mention I just hate the way she does the First Person POV. She only shows Bella, we get to know no other characters because of that. Bella doesn't think of it, and she doesn't put in another way of expressing it.

I don't understand the 'love' in the series. It just..happened? Why? What attracts them to one another? Not to mention love happens SLOWLY, it isn't just..there.

Edward is creepy, watching her while she sleeps like some sort of stalker, and Bella is such a little wimp. She can't do anything with Edward, she falls apart without her little mantoy beside her. It isn't healthy.

Just visit this website;
http://www.freewebs.com/thevenomapple/index.htm
It's explained much better there, with examples and all. I don't have the time at the moment to get into big detail.

Hon
De-activated

Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 PM

Ahh, can't wait for the movie! I'm a little bit.. iffy on the female actor. I like her and dislike her at the same time. o_o;

I agree with you, Selmarixie, on the 'instant love' part. It sounded like Edward was only attracted to her because of the smell and the fact that he randomly isn't able to hear her thoughts. I mean, she's the only one he can't hear- and then ironically is in love with her? xD

I've also wondered what happens when Bella gets her period. o_O;;.. Don't they have super-smelling or something?

However, they do have some sort of weakness. They're not able to go into the light, which isn't the greatest since they're limited to very shady parts of the world. o 3o but.. It is kinda weird. They're cold, but shine? lool.
And apparently, they die when someone rips them apart. 8D
Seriously though, if you're infatuated with someone, you're going to think about them 24/7.
You're right about how we don't really know other characters. The plots end up sort of.. drifting and ending all of a sudden. o_O I hate the way she ends her books, too, it drives me mad. It feels like she's trying to end it on a cliffhanger to guarantee that people will read the other one coming out.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Edward and Bella are your general Gary-Stu, and Mary-Sue characters, with no real flaws.

The way she describes things KILLS me. It's the same thing over, and over, and over again. Edward is hot, I got it, let it go.

Edward is creepy, watching her while she sleeps like some sort of stalker, and Bella is such a little wimp. She can't do anything with Edward, she falls apart without her little mantoy beside her. It isn't healthy.

Just visit this website;
http://www.freewebs.com/thevenomapple/index.htm
It's explained much better there, with examples and all. I don't have the time at the moment to get into big detail.
I have to agree, though I did like them when I read them. I just never picked them up again after the second book. *yawn*

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-12-2008, 03:08 AM

Sel and Hon:
Meyer is already working on Twilight from Edward's point of view.
More than likely we will get some info with his perspective.
And thats not all, there has been talk of her writing other books from other characters views as well,
not just Bella and Edward's.

Sel:
You said that they don't have down falls,
but you yourself just stated some of their flaws.
Edward can come across as a creep,
he is far to over protective,
and he has a temper.
Bella hardly has a personality,
she is childish and selfish.
These characters do have their downfalls =/

Aside from what you think of the books,
I was really only curious of what people thought of the movie production. ^_^
I know there are a lot of varied opinions about the books.
And none of them are wrong. <3++

evefarrel
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-12-2008, 03:41 AM

Yes Edwards point of view of Twilight is name Midnight Sun and she has the first chapter written down on her website in adobe format. It is breath taking and so much more action pack then the first chapter of Twilight is even.

Also James, Laurant, and Victoria are not the Cullens enemies when they first meet. They just came hearing the playing baseball and wanted to see who they were. James caught the scent of Bella driving him to try and kill her because he is a tracker and is fasinated by her scent. Laurant, who might I add had been in the Cullens place and didn't do anything, and Victoria, mate to James, come later to try and kill her to get back at Edward for killing James.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 AM

evefarrel:
Yeah I think it will definitely make for an interesting movie.
I hope they focus a little more on that part of the book, than the love aspects.
I don't think anyone really knows which angle they will be attacking this one from. O=

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlit
Sel and Hon:
Meyer is already working on Twilight from Edward's point of view.
More than likely we will get some info with his perspective.
And thats not all, there has been talk of her writing other books from other characters views as well,
not just Bella and Edward's.

Sel:
You said that they don't have down falls,
but you yourself just stated some of their flaws.
Edward can come across as a creep,
he is far to over protective,
and he has a temper.
Bella hardly has a personality,
she is childish and selfish.
These characters do have their downfalls =/

Aside from what you think of the books,
I was really only curious of what people thought of the movie production. ^_^
I know there are a lot of varied opinions about the books.
And none of them are wrong. <3++
You didn't visit the site, did you? x_x;
Well, anyway. I don't like going on and on about this sort of thing when it isn't supposed to be a debate.

I'll post it again, so please visit http://www.freewebs.com/thevenomapple/index.htm Mostly the "Character" section.

And, if at all possible;
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/book.../t.24736495_1/

I hadn't read the books before going to that thread, but after I did I wanted to understand and form my own opinion. I got them, read them, and found myself with the same outcome.

Those two websites pretty much state my thoughts on the book series, and the thread provides you with counter argument to the things you just pointed out. As for the movies; I haven't looked into anything but some pictures of the cast that I found.. fake. All of them walking foward in a group, trying to look badass but just not pulling it off. It doesn't help that I don't think I've ever seen any of them act in anything else. Does anyone know if they have any other shows/movies/commercials/voice acting under their belts?