View Poll Results: Sound good?
Yes! 9 81.82%
Not for me. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM

Vivica woke to the sensation of being violently shook, her brain rattling in her skull as she swam to the surface of her blood filled dreams. Groaning she pushed at the person above her, drawing a masculine chuckle from them as she blinked. She scowled and sat up, looking over at her clock before looking back at the person who had awoken her; Reynolds. She growled gently and punched the private in the arm. "What do you want?" Reynolds, who had been blessed with chiseled good looks and a taste for annoying people, grinned at her before sitting down on the side of her bed. "It's time to get up, the Chief wants to see you." She groaned and ran a hand up and down her face, shaking off the last carresses of sleep. "You suck Reynolds, you know that? Go tell the Chief I'll be there ASAP." The younger man nodded, still forever smiling as he left her room. She sighed gently and stared at the clock; 7:30. God she really needed a new day job.

Last edited by Marmee Noir; 04-27-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 09:06 PM

(( Hm... we're sort of all in our own domain... now what? ))

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM

((Perhaps bring your character to the sleeping compounds? You'll more than likely bump into either/both of us XD))

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 09:33 PM

(( Good idea. ))

The elevator stopped on the sleeping compound floor. Linton had made it a great point to be apathetic towards "dogs of the military" and hinted this during many of his campaigns. He was ordered to find medical personnel or someone of significant rank in the military, which shouldn't be too hard considering this was right floor.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 09:41 PM

Vivica was suited and booted and ready to see her Chief when she stepped out of her door, the lock autmotically clicking into place with a small whoosh. She fiddled with her jacket and hair as she walked down the corridor, her dog tags and I.D jangling against her like a mini marching band. Most people would be up, but since she had just got back from her last mission she was supposed to have three days recreation time. Apparently it had been cut short.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM

"Ma'am." Linton nodded in the woman's way, noting her dog tags. He stopped- perhaps this was his chance. "Excuse me, may I speak to your superior?" he motioned briefly to the file.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM

She nodded back, taking in his expensive suit and well groomed appearance; Politician. She generally despised all politicians, they were money grabbing fame hounds. She turned on her heel as he spoke to her again and raised an eyebrow. "I'm on my way to see my chief right now. If it isn't too important I may be able to help. I'm commander 452223, at your service." She hated saying it, but she was here to protect and serve. Damnit.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM

He fixed his tie (out of habit) and handed her the file. "The public service branch needs a statement on the new virus for our announcement tomorrow. It is galaxy-wide, so please remember to bring a translator. If you do not have one, we can lend you one." he paused, "Any questions, ma'am?"

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 10:25 PM

She took a quick look at the form, eyebrow raised, before handing it back to him. "Yeah. Tell them that the government and medical teams knows squat about the virus. Tell them good men's bodies are being burnt because they've failed to properly investigate it. Tell them they can shove their statement up their asses. Is that good enough?" She growled as she passed him, her anger flaring as she walked out of the compounds and headed to the Chief's quarters.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 PM

Linton had expected that; sort of. "With all due respect, ma'am, your good soldiers' families are going to want to know what happened to their loved ones. If you have any new information, please contact the public service branch and ask for Linton Connor." he grinned toothily.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM

She stopped in her tracks and turned, facing him again and gave him a look worth writing home about. "I have been losing these men to this virus for months and wasn't even informed. Ask the government for the damn statement, it isn't the military's fault." She would give anything to knock those teeth right out of his grinning mouth.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 10:52 PM

"Very well. I understand. Would you like to share any words of comfort with their families? We are going ahead with the broadcast, with or without an official statement." Linton shifted comfortably against the wall; it wasn't very business-like, but to hell with that. He had been up all night trying to track down a statement, and his mood had long soured.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 PM

She sighed gently and crossed her arms beneath her chest, deciding to cut him some slack. This damn virus had been a pain for everyone. "I wish to throw my support to the families. I've lost many good men because of this mystery bug, and I mourn each loss. They were brave soldiers who loved their planet." She shrugged, feeling a tad uncomfrotable. "That's it, I suppose."

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 11:23 PM

"If I may... I would like to include your name in the quote." Linton realized that it might not have been enough to persuade her and hastily added, "Their families would feel closer if they knew who you were."

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 11:26 PM

She shook her head gently, knowing that there was more chance someone could blame you if you put your name on the paper. "I don't think so. I don't want my earlier outburst included in the statement either." She gave him cautious eyes, wondering how much of a scoundrel he was.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 11:38 PM

"I see. Well, if you're not busy..." Linton's eyes flashed to his wristwatch, "tonight, could we continue this conversation?" Sometimes when people don't go your way, you have to coax it out of them. He had learned that the hard way from a very young age. But now wasn't the time for nostalgic childhood memories. Linton Connor was all business, all the time. Anyone who knew him well enough would know his relationships were for the sake of his career.

Last edited by Aeschylus; 04-27-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 PM

Vivica shook her head, arms unfolding as the slack she had given him tightened up again. "Sorry. I won't be releasing any statements to the press. My superior's can do that. Now if you'll excuse me I need to be somewhere." She nodded her head once before turning to leave; hoping to dear God he'd stop talking.

Last edited by Marmee Noir; 04-27-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 PM

Linton nodded in her direction. "Remember, Linton Connor." He turned on his heels and proceeded down the hall to the other elevator, which would eventually take him to the medical personnel compounds. Although, he could already see that he would have a rough time- not many people were very fond of politicians.

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 AM

After a while Cenedra headed to the medical facility, putting on some decent clothes and a clean lab coat. She tucked back her hair as she arrived there. She needed to do the testing as soon as she could at this point. She started with putting on a mask and a pair of rubber gloves before taking out the holding tray for the vials of blood, lest she damage the results.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 AM

She waved a hand in his general direction, sure to remember his name and hoped he wasn't too much of an ass when things got worse. With a gentle sigh she contemplated the virus and what it had already done to their numbers. Then she thought that it could be within her, which only brought a swirl of panic into her stomach; it felt hard and cold, something that wouldn't go away for a while. She'd go to see the doctor later if she could.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-28-2008, 12:06 AM

He decided to check the laboratory quickly. Someone was bound to be up.

"Is anyone there?" he was slumped against the door. He expected (and hoped to god) that no one was there. Linton hadn't slept in nine hours. He was close to just giving in and curling up by the lab door.

Cows Go Moo

Old 04-28-2008, 12:10 AM

Cenedra looked over her shoulder, wondering who's voice it was. She put down the vial of blood back into the case, removing her mask and then walking over to the doorway. She saw a man there in a business suit. Probably a politician. "So, what brings you to the labs?"

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-28-2008, 12:16 AM

"Great timing! I am going to go off my rockers if I don't get an official quote." Linton held out the file, "Please, for all things holy, could you write down anything the public needs to know? Such as what to avoid, etc." He couldn't have asked for anyone better. Here was someone who worked in the laboratory, and should at least know a little about the virus.

Cows Go Moo

Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 AM

Cenedra grabbed the file, thinking of something that could summarize what they needed and didn't need to know. The virus itself, killed the host quickly, too quick to actually find out anything. She wasn't entirely sure about how the virus was spread, but mostly likely by contact or something airborne. She bit her tongue before quickly scrawling something down. "The Virus itself is just like any other epidemic. Make sure to avoid transmitting the thing by not having airborne or skin contact with anyone with the infection. Currently we are finding a cure." She knew that it was only about half the information there, but it was enough for someone to survive. She looked up for a moment at Linton. "Need me to tell them how to test for the virus?"

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 AM

"Ah, that's reserved for the medical board meeting. It's scheduled for later on in the week. I guess you could say that information is reserved chiefly for the doctors. Anyways, pleased to meet you..." Linton squinted at the name on the coat.