Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 02:22 PM

Woohoo yay :D Now I have to figure out what to pixel next....

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM

I like your avi, good theme ^.^

I've decided to give it a try myself. Though my pixeling attempts are usually disasters xP

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM

haha I can't wait to see what you come up with :D You should see some of my pixeling attempts - some of them are terrible XD

Thank you! It's my avvie for Summer Camp :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM

I forgot someone mentioned that was coming up. ^.^

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM

haha yep! Coming up soon - it starts on the 15th I believe :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM

I certainly don't look ready for summer camp lols. I need to change my avi maybe.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM

lol i liked my outfit before so I'll probably change back into after summer camp is over - but I needed a summer camp avvie so for now - I look like this :D Weird not having red items on me - except my hair...usually have red all over my avvies XD But they wanted brown/green/blues XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Red is your favorite color I take it?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 PM

haha yep :D My hair is always red on here - ode to my real life self - I'm a red head :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Jealous! I have the most boring shade of dusty brown.

Even though I'm Irish and my mother and uncle and cousin and grandfather all have gorgeous red hair T,T

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 PM

I love my red hair - no idea where it came from because I"m adopted and know nothing of my heritage and family tree XD So I'm the only red head in my family - but I feel like it makes me...me XD

Aw that's so sad all your family has red hair but you XD You probably got your dad's hair?

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

PS - can I post in your thread yet?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Feel free to post in there lols.

And yus, I got my fathers hair.....and my mother's eyes.

Totally want the reverse lols. Dad has gorgeous green eyes.

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 PM

Oh items with Yan on them I'm liking the sound of this ^^

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post

[/COLOR]Demo suggested something for the dress of doom - change the shape of the bottom left side a bit - any better guys?
I think it looks fine, apart from the pointy bit that I mentioned before >< I still feel that flip in the fabric need to be soft rather than going to a point the way that it does. But beyond that, I'm not sure there's much else that needs doing :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I think it looks fine, apart from the pointy bit that I mentioned before >< I still feel that flip in the fabric need to be soft rather than going to a point the way that it does. But beyond that, I'm not sure there's much else that needs doing :)
OTL - I'm not sure what pointy part you are referring too - I went back through the thread and found a pointy part...you said where it was going up over the shoulder...it looked pointy. I thought I fixed that...but I just added another pixel and it looks even better:

the other part I could think of was that flip on the bottom hem? So I cut it out?

anyone have opinions on this before I officially submit it again?

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 03:52 AM ----------

Started something new: the length reminds me of bahama shorts so I'm tentatively calling them bahama.

I'm just experimenting really - with details...

what do you all think?

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 04:36 AM ----------

Didn't like the straps so i got rid of them:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Alrighty - updated it more - put it on the male base and changed a little so it would fit both bases...I really kind of like it:

PS - waiting for phone calls about jobs is just so nerve wracking D:

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 06-11-2012 at 02:10 PM..

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
PS - waiting for phone calls about jobs is just so nerve wracking D:
Yes. I'm waiting this week about one.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
Yes. I'm waiting this week about one.
Well I've been applying for music teaching jobs as you might know.

I have one job offer already - for a Catholic school near my college...the bad thing is...it's part time (4 days a week). And it's Prek-8th grade. The originally told me they would let me know if they are offering me the job by the 15th of June...I thought I would have more time to figure things out - but they called me a LOT earlier than they told me they would D:

I really wanted a fulltime elementary school job and I should be hearing from one of the schools today or tomorrow about a second interview if they choose me as one of their top two.

I heard from another one I interviewed at on Friday. I interviewed with them friday morning...drove over an hour to get there and over an hour to get back home and they only talked to me for ten whole minutes. I was SO mad. My parents were like "sounds like they already chose someone but they HAVE to interview people anyway" and sure enough they called me friday night and told me they chose someone else. (Which is fine with me - if they are going to make me drive over and hour to interview with them and not even ask me more than 4 questions and give me a fair chance - I don't want to work there anyway).

But the one I should be hearing from today or tomorrow...I REALLY liked the principal a lot and the school. So I'm hoping I have a chance D:

Then I've interviewed at 3 other schools who said they won't be selecting someone until July...D:

I have an offer that I have to give a reply to by Wednesday. So it's like - do I say no and take my chance on one of the three schools who are choosing in July....or do I say yes because I actually have an offer?

I really can't afford to say no only to find out the other schools say no to me. D:

So nerve wracking D:

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 06-11-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Yeah, that's really rough.

I wish I had an offer for something full-time. Hubby found out last night why I've been stressing so much--my insurance expires in two years and his insurance won't cover me for the things we need (mostly: baby-makin'). I'm waiting to hear back on a part-time position later this week but it's part-time and although there's a lot of upward mobility (the last three people were promoted to other positions), I have a feeling I'm gonna get stuck there longer than I'm comfortable with.

So, I've started looking for jobs outside of our area. As in, 2000+ miles away, where my dad lives. I'm so desperate to get a full-time salaried job with benefits I don't even CARE what the pay is anymore. BLAHHHHHH~

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's really rough.

I wish I had an offer for something full-time. Hubby found out last night why I've been stressing so much--my insurance expires in two years and his insurance won't cover me for the things we need (mostly: baby-makin'). I'm waiting to hear back on a part-time position later this week but it's part-time and although there's a lot of upward mobility (the last three people were promoted to other positions), I have a feeling I'm gonna get stuck there longer than I'm comfortable with.

So, I've started looking for jobs outside of our area. As in, 2000+ miles away, where my dad lives. I'm so desperate to get a full-time salaried job with benefits I don't even CARE what the pay is anymore. BLAHHHHHH~
I hate job hunting - I feel so frustrated right now. I'm blessed that I have a job offer and that I've had so many interviews already. But I'm upset that the school contacted me so early because now I can't wait to find out about all the other schools I interviewed at.

If only they had waited I could have had more time to hear from them. I'd just be so upset if I accepted this partime job only to find out later that I was the leading applicant at another school.

It's bad etiquette to accept a job at a school then accept another job at another school and tell the first school sorry. I just can't do that.

I hope you can find a job - although if you got one 2000 miles away - would you and your husband move there or would you have to leave him for a while?

I think I'm just feelign frustrated right now. I think I'll feel better tomorrow just today I'm feeling kind of down because of all this.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM

We have no idea what we'll do if I get a job that far. Initially I'd live away from him for a while, like I did last year. The thing about my last job though is that it had an expiration date, and now I'm looking for something permanent, so I don't know when we'd be together next. One of the ideas hubby floated is that, for a while, he would try to get a schedule with his employer so that he works 4 weeks locally and then spends 1 week with me where he teleworks. That's contingent upon a LOT of factors though.

I just HATE the idea of him quitting his job. I love that he loves it, and his pay is great for what he does and the experience he has so far. I don't want to be the reason he has to leave it.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
We have no idea what we'll do if I get a job that far. Initially I'd live away from him for a while, like I did last year. The thing about my last job though is that it had an expiration date, and now I'm looking for something permanent, so I don't know when we'd be together next. One of the ideas hubby floated is that, for a while, he would try to get a schedule with his employer so that he works 4 weeks locally and then spends 1 week with me where he teleworks. That's contingent upon a LOT of factors though.

I just HATE the idea of him quitting his job. I love that he loves it, and his pay is great for what he does and the experience he has so far. I don't want to be the reason he has to leave it.
Is there anyway his employer can transfer him? I'm not sure where he works but if they have other offices around the country - he could possbly be transferred and you can look for jobs in the areas he could possibly get a transfer?

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM

It's a small business, there's only six employees. And an intern. So no, transfer is not really an option, and if another office did open up, it would be on the East Coast or in Europe somewhere.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Wow that sucks D: HOpefully you can find a job closer to him!

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 AM

*stumbles in*

This is a super cute idea, but the peace sign isn't in the front of the shirt! It's off to the side, if you look carefully.
The bases are in a 3/4ths view, which means everything about the body is slightly turned. It helps to draw a line down the center of the body (follow the countours from nose to chin to bellybutton to crotch) and then draw your design using this.
Don't forget about foreshortening - one half of the peace sign may appear smaller than the other because it's further away.

*skitters away*