Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 PM

*gets back from college*

That was the most fun ever! <3

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM

:heart: Thanks, Roza. <3

@ Himalia::
:D I'm so glad it was fun for you! Today has been alright, if hectic. :)
Still hoping to see a few people... so far, no luck. ^^ But it's the first day, and the place is packed jam-full with people.

I'm going to take a later bus back to my town because I want to spend some time online. :/
I don't know if we've got our power back or not. >.>//

HOPEFULLY! I'll have power and get a chance to talk to you about how college was! :'D

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM

'wanders in' hey guys.. I wastched 'Priest' and it wasn't half bad. kinda.. odd but not half bad..

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 PM

@Clair: Yeah! I'm so excited for tomorrow, because that's when I have psychology, the class that I was most looking forward to. Since today was mostly ice breakers and fun things we haven't gotten into the work, so I actually can't wait to get stuck into it. I've been itching for something to do for ages, and now I finally do!

I love my lecturer for Sociology too. Her name's Claudia and she seems very nice! Funny as well, which is always a bonus. xD

Aw, Irene hit then? I hope you get power back. <3

@Star: Hiii! <3

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-29-2011, 07:28 PM

The power is back! :'D

And I'm looking forward to my Human Relations class. I can't wait to see what sort of material we'll be covering.
I have to get a binder for my book (because basically... my text book is just a bunch of loose pages that have been sealed in protective plastic). I don't want to open the plastic yet 'cause I'm afraid of damaging the pages or mixing them up. :/

Hey, Star!

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Clair I love your avi <3

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 PM

Aww. :'D Thank you. That's so sweet of you.
I really like yours. Very interesting color combos!

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 PM

your welcome, andThank you. I think she's one of my top five.
I love teal.
lol I like it with most colors as well.
How are you?

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 PM

I need to get a notebook for college. I have new pens and things, but I haven't gotten a textbook or anything yet for my classes. I'm getting my sociology one on Wednesday though. (:

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM

I think this one is my favorite avi I've done.
Then this one

Then this one.

then this one.

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 PM

I love the top one! Purple and gold is always a winning combo.

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 PM

I like how she looks like she's working on the moon.
I also love how I did the hair on that one.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM

I like the second one best, Sdg! :D

I have all my text books. >.> They cost me a lot, even when I rented them.

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 PM

It kinda surprises that people like this one so much.
Mostly because I just threw it together.

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 PM

You have to pay for your text books? o.o I get all mine for free, and I get my course free.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah, in the States we pay for everything. Grants, federal and private loans, and out of pocket. Oh, and sometimes scholarships if you're lucky.

You got to rent your textbooks, Clair? That's awesome. I never got that option when I was in college.

I'm really curious about everyone's courses; they sound really interesting. Be sure to share whatever you can/want with us! I love learning. :)

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 PM

@ Lorey::
Yes, it's a new thing they've just started offering at the school. :"D I nearly died when I found out I could rent some of my books! Saves me a lot of money. :boogie: And renting was still pretty pricey. >.>

Yes, we have to pay for our books, our classes, tuition, housing (if you have/choose to live on campus), food, etc. Like Lorey said, you can get lucky and get some nice loans. :yes: Scholarships and Grants are the best, though. Free money! :D

Last year, I was lucky and got a 500 dollar scholarship. ^w^ Just enough to get my Spring semester books!

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM

The college are paying for my course, they're paying for my travel since I live more than two miles off campus, they're providing me with materials (eg books and other resources) and they also pay me £60 biweekly so I can attend.

I'll be sure to let you know what I learn if you want, Lore. I'm doing Media Studies, Sociology and Psychology this year. :]

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM

...Wow, to be PAID to go to school... without having to put on a military uniform... :O What a life that would be! :lol:

Clair must be running now, but hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 08-30-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-30-2011, 12:08 PM

Wow.

Yeah, I'm worried about trying to go back to school because I'd have to save up 10k to be able to afford two years of schooling at the local community college to get my associates. And then I'd only be able to continue on with schooling to get my bachelor's degree if I could get scholarships, grants and federal loans. I'm not sure I'd be able to get my master's and a doctorate is out of the question. I'm not even sure I'm going to attempt to go back to school because of the cost; I've been considering just sending my son to a public school and getting a job where my partner works. It is prohibitively expensive to receive a college education in the United States and because I started right out of high school, had problems with a mental illness and then had to drop out with bad grades.. it's even worse for me.

*insert railing against the machine of the States' college system*

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM

Holy, Lorey! D: Even I don't have to worry about that much for going to community college. University is a different story, though. T.T I don't know how I'm gonna make it through. I had one coworker give me this weird look when I told her about the troubles I was having with financial aid this semester and she said "Don't your parents pay for you to go?"...Wow, I can't believe there are families who can still afford to pay entirely for their childrens' educations... I don't get any help from either of my parents. :/

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 PM

It's 2k a semester for tuition and books plus the cost of gas and daycare for me. So 8k for two years and an extra 2k for emergency expenses.

Yeah, that's totally a class issue right there, Clair. There are plenty of families who pay for their children's education but they're making a lot more than I can ever dream about. CZ makes 12.50 an hour because he speaks French at his job and we're still right at the poverty line for a three person family. We're not even sure if it would be worth the expense of me going to school; I'm trying to find a way to get it paid for because I have a mood disorder and personality disorder as well as an anxiety disorder and count as disabled. But right now we're working off one income and things are rough on a month-to-month basis. The only "extra" that we pay for, outside of the rent, utilities and groceries, is cat food and litter plus the internet so that we can keep in contact with friends and family, I can play on Menewsha and he can look up gaming resources plus we watch all our television online. Internet was cheaper than having cable or cable + internet.

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Goodmorning all <3

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM

Hey, Sdg! :D

@ Lorey::
That's a lot. :( I hope you can return to school someday soon. <3

I make minimum wage, but not enough hours to live off. According to a study done, to live in the United States at the bare minimum, the minimum should be AT LEAST 15 dollars an hour! D: But the payment is less than HALF that.

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM

how are you?