Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Ouch Queenie. It sounds like they totally took advantage of you. How far away did they go? Can you say that Monday is a no go because you got your own shit to deal with? :/ I hate it when people do that. Seriously, just be straight with me, don't lie so I say yes and then change things once I can't take it back! ugh!

At least you have a Tahoe trip to look forward to?

Kuras been having the same "I'm too old to play with you" ...but then the kids she plays with outside are the twins age but they're not too young. I think it's just in the air right now...but I have no idea what to do about it. Cranky kids lead to a very cranky mommy. Though I have started playing more board games with them...and they seem to behave for as long as the game is going on. Not after it mind you, but at least during. So perhaps a puzzle/game time with the not-so-wee ones to keep them calm?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the fireworks front. Are they still selling them? Is there a stop date that they aren't allowed to set them off past?
She said the weekend, which to me means, Saturday and Sunday, not Monday too. The nice thing is that I get to use her car to go to work on Monday since I didn't bring mine and it's not right to make the husband drive me to work, then come pick me up. Easier this way.
Hoping the work week is a quick one and there is some work to actually do. If not, well, I will have to invent things to do. Oh what fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Technically fireworks are illegal all year round except on the 4th of July if we arent in drought conditions. But people shoot them off for the whole end of June and much of July. There have been a lot fir fire crackers since the 4th butt not as many up in the air illegal stuff... my neighbor said it was like guantanimo bay here on the 4th. I dont actually know much about that historic event lol...

The kids are being butts again... and Dillon is asleep again... Baby wont let me set him down, toddler pooping her pants and boys flat not listening. The two middles are like cats and dogs....I need a better well a different more stuctured carrier for Liam. He is too wiggly for my moby wrap he can actually get his upper body out of the carrier now and if I bend he starts to fall out it is unnerving
Sorry to hear about the kids being little boogers...this weekend at Tahoe just turned from an adult only to a kid's weekend since everyone was having a hard time finding someone to watch their kiddos. For the most part the kids are good, but one of the girls, Hayleigh, she is the youngest of three, likes to think the rules don't apply to her and back talks everyone. That's the one thing I don't care for in a kid. That and she thinks it's okay to hit someone and not have any sort of retaliation happen, so as soon as someone defends themselves, she bursts into tears.
Hoping she is a good egg this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
D: How scary! Wiggly baby needs to know what's best for him...like not killing himself! lol.

We're allowed to shoot off fireworks from the 15th of June to the 15th of July. Had I thought about it, we could have done an early 4th of July with my friends before they left...oh if only we could turn back time! Their 4th was stuck on the ferry...where fire of any kind isn't allowed.

...guantanimo bay...I got nothing.
Wow, a whole 30 days for fireworks? That's awesome. Well, kind of. It could get old quickly if people did it endlessly.
Arizona allows for a few days before, the June 30th through the 6th and then December 24th to January 3rd.

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-07-2014, 04:58 AM

It being illegal doesn't stop anyone here. I watch fireworks that are illegal ALL YEAR ROUND Without a license going off while I was watering my yard tonight.

I Somerville when kids feel above the law somehow. Though my voice apparently doesn't reach the right tone for most of my children I find myself repeating names and phrases all day long.... "Sean Sean Sean SEAN" "DON'T TOUCH THAT, STOP TOUCHING IT NO DON'T EAT IT, DON'T JUMP ON YOUR BROTHERS, YOUR SISTER IS NOT A TABLE........" over and over and over... o.O

Hope your weekend is fun. We had the forth and my friend and his son's birthday this weekend and next weekend I have Mike's 10th. I am ready for the business to be over.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 AM

Yup! A whole month! We get a crap ton of rain though, so our fire danger is always "low" therefor there's no real danger in letting off the fireworks. There are places that it isn't allowed, like in communities and state parks, but that still leaves quite a bit of the island for us to light up firecrackers at! It's pretty awesome. Then the beach clean up afterwords and MORE fireworks just makes it so much better. ;)

Your sister is not a table... LOL. I was talking about the strange rules that parents have to make for their children with a friend once. She said the strangest she's had (She's got two boys, 1 in 6th and 1 in 8th grade now) was "No smelling your brothers butt in public" xD

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 AM

I added that one in because I had JUST used it. Today at work I had to tell a boy "we don't lick our legs at the table" lol yup... The smelling of butts must be a boy thing... Sean is FASCINATED with butts...

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 AM

xD My kids have been relatively normal with rules...at least from what's coming to mind right now. I'm going to have to see what odd things come out of my mouth tomorrow while mommying. It's a...special occupation!

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 PM

Nothing fun came up today just normal stuff like no feet on the couch and no jumping on furniture.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 12:15 AM

Same. Darn. I'm now hoping for silly rules. xD

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-11-2014, 07:44 PM

I need my mind of feeling crappy after work. Cross your fingers that the kids let me listen to my book a while.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 PM

My fingers are crossed for you!

How goes the sourdough starters? Have you made bread with Dillons yet?

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-12-2014, 12:14 AM

Neither have been made into bread yet :( mine was a failure the first go and Dillon hasn't had time.

So far no go on book listening

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 AM

Boo. Book listening is always nice. Though I've been listening to random comedy shows lately >.> I do that while I'm at work. I swear it's the only time in my day that there is quiet!

I was looking at mixers online. I didn't realize they were so pricey. My first one was a housewarming gift from my mom and it's brand runs about $130. My kitchenaid was from my friend who won a baking contest and got an upgraded model so she gave me her hand me down. Works perfectly... and it doesn't wiggle when we put all the stuff in it for bread. xD

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 AM

I haven't looked at bread mixers yet. I think a ma going to o.o bread mixing is hard without a mixer lol

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-16-2014, 04:03 AM

It is indeed! It doesn't do all of the mixing for us, there's still a bit of hand kneading that we do before we turn them into the boules, but it's not nearly as bad as doing it the whole way from sponge to boule!

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 AM

I looked the other day at mixers and found that mixers vary greatly in price. We need to make bread very soon cause our jars are getting very full but it's suppose to be in the 90s all week :/ running the oven sounds like a death sentence

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Ugh. I agree, 90 degrees is no temperature to make bread at D: Heck, we have to open the windows and air the house out when it gets to be 70 out and we're making bread. Granted, it isn't often 70 out...but still.

You don't need a hardcore mixer by any means, but the further down you go in quality the more you'll have to mix by hand after it takes care of the majority of the job. The Kitchenaid can do the entirety of the work, then I just knead it to the right consistency adding a little flour at a time then make the boules. The Sunbeam can do quite a bit of it but I always wind up with some of the flour mixture at the bottom, and stuck to the bowl that I have to scrape off and then hand knead in. It's not too much work, but there is a difference.

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 07-24-2014, 03:28 AM

I figured power coordinated with quality of job done. When i initially started the blog i had read talked about finally caving and buying a "good" mixer after breaking 3 o.o

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 AM

Oh my. I've yet to break one, and the Sunbeam we've had since we bought our house in 08. It kinda wobbles with the bread dough as it kneads it, so we have to stay in the room the whole time...but it's yet to break. I can't say that a good mixer isn't worth it though. When we started selling the breads the idea was to buy a kitchenaid mixer with the profits from it. (:

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 08-04-2014, 01:42 PM

I am wondering if she got a super cheap mixer. I saw them at the 40-50$ range and I wonder if hat was the issue?

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-22-2014, 04:26 AM

*Pokes in to make an announcement*

I am officially old... and I dont like it... i actually started thinking in a grumpy mental tone "shut up kid" toward an early 20 year old... Then again ive thought that towards my sister for a long time so maybe Ive been old for a long time...

Either that or i have officially hit the jaded adult stage

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-28-2014, 01:57 AM

HAPPY INTRO TO ADULTHOOD!!

I think we should just embrace our grumpiness. Might as well right? How else can we tell off young whippersnappers? ;P

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-28-2014, 07:23 PM

I like that idea... "get off my lawn!!!" and "in my day..." my new er battle cries lol

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 AM

Don't forget to shake your cane at them!!

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 12-21-2014, 01:11 PM

Oh i will...

Hello thread it's been a while since i have dusted in here...... Eh dusting is overrated

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-21-2014, 03:39 PM

I just dusted off the fan vents on my computer! I think it had been a good 3 months since I did that... and the computer was being loud about it. It's quieted down since. But now that you mentioned dusting I looked at the top of my computer desk... I don't think I've EVER dusted up there. That whole dusting thing is too much work. I have floors to sweep and mop and vacuum.... isn't that enough?

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 12-21-2014, 04:25 PM

RIGHT!?!

And kids to feed and water... Lol