Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM

If you want it, then go for it!

I pinned my bangs every time I had my cooking classes but I didn't let that stop me from having bangs.
Why do you cover you hair? For school?
My hair's a bit difficult to manage with bangs but I still went for it for the last two years. I only got tired with bangs this yeas, so I let it grow.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 PM

Come on now, Tina's freakin' pretty!

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 PM

Honestly, if I had to go to a wedding or funeral, I feel I'd be way more comfy in a tux. I can't stand dresses or skirts. They're too drafty ^^;
That being said, I'm not a huge fan of jeans. I'm more of a cotton shorts type of gal.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Come on now, Tina's freakin' pretty!
Aw, shucks. Thanks SZP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDustDreamer View Post
Honestly, if I had to go to a wedding or funeral, I feel I'd be way more comfy in a tux. I can't stand dresses or skirts. They're too drafty ^^;
That being said, I'm not a huge fan of jeans. I'm more of a cotton shorts type of gal.
Yeah, the first time I ever wore a dress (excluding when I was still a little child and was forced to wear one by my mother), I felt too exposed, naked. xD
I'd wear a tux too if I could but I'm sure my mother would die than see me attend an event in a tux. Same goes for business attire, I'd choose trousers over pencil skirts.
Cotton shorts isn't really common here for going out. Come to think of it, it is a bit off that I almost always wear jeans when going out and I live in a tropical country.

StarDustDreamer

Old 04-25-2014, 11:49 PM

Well, here in Texas, where it's entirely likely that it could snow during spring, cotton shorts aren't that uncommon. They're warm and cool. And, most of them have elastic waist bands, so they're super comfortable~

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 PM

Wait, it snows in Texas? I thought it doesn't snow there. xD

StarDustDreamer

Old 04-26-2014, 12:07 AM

It snows more in different regions of Texas. For example, the coastal area could go more than 40 years without seeing a single snow, while it's snowing directly north in Dallas. It doesn't snow OFTEN, mind you, but it does happen.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 05-01-2014, 04:59 PM

StarDustDreamer: I'm guessing you're near Amarillo? I'm in Lubbock, and we rarely get snow in the Spring, but we do get it in January.

StarDustDreamer

Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 PM

I'm kinda close to Amarillo. About 300 miles or so? About a 4-6 hour drive?

steelmagghia

Old 05-07-2014, 03:21 AM

Me, my little sister, and my best friend playing dress up somewhere around 4th grade (which means I was about 10, my friend was around 9, and my sister would be 8). Do not ask me how we convinced my sister to be the maid. I do know that pink dress was a prom gown we bought from Goodwill.

---------- Post added 05-06-2014 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDustDreamer View Post
I'm kinda close to Amarillo. About 300 miles or so? About a 4-6 hour drive?
Haha, so not really at all close. Although, it's close by Texas standards. Hehe.

---------- Post added 05-06-2014 at 10:52 PM ----------

Aaaand, one more. This one is closer to 6th grade for me. My sister is...not much of an animal person.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 05-07-2014, 01:28 PM

@maggie
Your sister ended being the maid because you're older and she's your little sister. I know that feeling, I'm the youngest and I have two older sisters. I even remember one time I was forced to change the shirt I was wearing because my sister didn't want to go out with us wearing the same colored shirt.

I love the way your sister is looking at the crocodile.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Not exactly a good picture, but it's the only one I have on hand. Let's play 'guess which one is Kindergartner Seri' o.o
Hint: first row, all the way on the right xP

EDIT: Okay, apparently I lied about only having the first one on hand. Here's another fairly young pic.

Last edited by Seridano; 05-07-2014 at 03:41 PM..

steelmagghia

Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sestina View Post
@maggie
Your sister ended being the maid because you're older and she's your little sister. I know that feeling, I'm the youngest and I have two older sisters. I even remember one time I was forced to change the shirt I was wearing because my sister didn't want to go out with us wearing the same colored shirt.

I love the way your sister is looking at the crocodile.
But she was MEANER than me.
And yeaaah, she was NOT gonna touch that thing. And I was absurdly happy about it. The only reason I don't look ELATED is because the sun was in my eyes.

@Seri: D'awww....so cute! Also, that makes you roughly 5 years younger than me.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-07-2014, 03:59 PM

I just barely made the cutoff for Kindergarten at the time (cutoff was Sept. 1st, and my birthday is on Aug. 31st), so I was always the youngest kid in my class. Either way, it does, indeed, make me a bit younger than you.

steelmagghia

Old 05-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Heh, my birthday is September 7th, so I was OLDER than everyone in my class. My sister was younger than everyone. We were only a year apart in school even though we're almost two years apart in age.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

I admit I was meaner than my older sisters but I still end up doing what they tell me to do though.

@Seridano: You're so cute! >_<

I was born 31st of December so I was one of the older kids in my class and it sucked that I couldn't have a class birthday party like most of my classmates. Even now, I still feel like I'm missing out on that one. xD

I was able to find a kindergarten class picture.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM

I know the feeling. Being born before the cutoff date tended to mean that I missed out on class parties as well. In fact, I can't remember ever having one, since my birthday was always right before school started. So it was basically like 'happy birthday... remember, you have school tomorrow morning.'

steelmagghia

Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM

D'awww baby Sestina is so adorable!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM

@Seri That really does put a downer on your birthday knowing that school starts tomorrow. ~hugs Seri Well, I hope your birthdays are now happier than before. :)

@maggie Thanks. I was the kind of kid who rarely smile when I'm told to, hence my facial expression in that class pic. If I remember correctly, someone was doing something funny to make us smile but I just looked at that person and thought, "What the hell is he doing?"

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-07-2014, 04:50 PM

She really is! D'aww.

Eh, I sort of got into the habit of my birthday being like any other day of the year. It was so close to school and we moved so often that it was near impossible to have a party that wasn't just a small' immediate family does cake sort of thing,' and I have two younger siblings, so I got I never really saw birthdays as this special me thing. It drives Tam Lin: nuts, as he believes that birthdays are the most special holiday for any given person...or that they should be, at any rate. -shrugs- I'm still not entirely sure that I get it, to be perfectly honest.

Last edited by Seridano; 05-07-2014 at 04:52 PM..

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 05-07-2014, 05:01 PM

Having my birthday on New Year's Eve, I would very much like to experience one birthday where it feels just like any other day of the year for me. xD I'd switch birthdays with you, if only it were possible.
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people who think birthdays are really special but I do find it a bit more of a routine to always celebrate with friends and family for my birthday and also because it's New Year's Eve.

steelmagghia

Old 05-07-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
She really is! D'aww.

Eh, I sort of got into the habit of my birthday being like any other day of the year. It was so close to school and we moved so often that it was near impossible to have a party that wasn't just a small' immediate family does cake sort of thing,' and I have two younger siblings, so I got I never really saw birthdays as this special me thing. It drives Tam Lin: nuts, as he believes that birthdays are the most special holiday for any given person...or that they should be, at any rate. -shrugs- I'm still not entirely sure that I get it, to be perfectly honest.
It would drive me crazy too. My family was all about the birthdays. Presents and parties (two parties every year...one for friends, one for family), and so much awesome cake. To me, a birthday is more important than any other holiday, because it's the only one that celebrates ONE special person in your life.

@Sesti: My sister is not a "smile for the camera" kind of person either. If I had her preK picture scanned I would SO post it. It's hilarious. She's dressed in a little denim outfit on a nautical themed background with her hand on her hip and the biggest GLARE you've ever seen. And even better, she's TINY.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 AM

your grandad probably was playing with you. i will post some baby pictures and share stories tomorrow. i'm eating a muffin and than taking my girls to bed. :] love the thread idea though and plan to post for sure!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
your grandad probably was playing with you. i will post some baby pictures and share stories tomorrow. i'm eating a muffin and than taking my girls to bed. :] love the thread idea though and plan to post for sure!
Yay! I can't wait to see more baby pictures!

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 05-09-2014, 05:55 PM

Here's baby me c: