Hilf
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hilf

Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 AM

Tobi was, as always, surprised by his partner's care for him. He tried to give her a smile, but winced as the movement pulled something in his arm. "I... I think it's just sore," he informed. "Rest will be the best." The Dragon Knight, still holding his arm while it was out of view, stepped off the platforms, leading the way through the hallways. He didn't say much, in fact, almost nothing at all, until he saw Artemis and Tantalus in front of her door, embracing. The boy hesitated, and went to backtrack, fearing what she'd do upon sight.

Artemis, as being embraced, threw her arms around Tantalus and kissed him passionately. Loki had been right, coming back to him was best! The shivering was almost gone in his presence, and Artemis found herself feeling much better, clinging to him desperately, fingers entwined in his cloak. "Tantalus..." she breathed, pressing her face against him, "oh, I'm so sorry!" The girl could hear footsteps, and turned her head to spot Tobi and Shiandre. In shame, the girl pressed her face into Tantalus, not able to face them, and hugged herself to her love tighter.

At seeing Artemis wasn't in one of her moods, Tobi quickly moved past, about to dash for his room when another door opened. A lady stood there, eyes surprised at seeing Shia and Tobi. She had bright blond hair that fell in a braid to her ankles and slate gray eyes. This was the second-youngest Dragon Knight, Ixion, who was still at least a foot taller than Tobi. The girl had peach-colored skin, that was freckled, and what seemed to be a permanent pout upon her full, cherry lips. "Ah? Shiandre? Tobi? What's the hurry?" Ixion asked, tilting her head.

The Dragon Knight had just gotten back from a mission with her partner on the surface. They had heard of enemy fighters trying to breech the underground from a distant place and, even against their own wishes, were sent out. Ixion was perhaps as strong as fighter as Loki, yet not as creative or cunning, and thus simply one of the Dragon Knight Generals, instead of a Lieutenant. It was incredible for someone her age, for though being older than Tobi, was the newest addition. Many said Ixion was the most potential of the group, for never once had she ever questioned her orders.
------------------------------------------------------
Loki looked hurt by her refusal, and then stunned at the mention of 'him.' "But... Niki..." he whispered, moving closer, "I am Reyn." The man pulled out his pendant again, the one of her hairpin. "Please, let me protect you!" He seemed to be groveling, desperate, putting both hands out for her to take now. "I will be able to protect you there better," he assured.

Knowing she wouldn't believe he was Reyn, the Dragon Knight sighed. "You see, I come from a world that is in, relative to your timespace, in the future. I am Reyn, just... older. Please, Niki, please... Trust me." He choked over something he was about to say, and held it back, trying to bury the emotion in his eyes, the emotion that told Niki he loved her still.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 AM

"If you say so," she replied, looking towards Tobi with a scrutinizing eye. "But if that's the case then you're resting well into tomorrow!" she added. She always wondered why he seemed surprised when concern was shown for him. Maybe it was because so many looked down upon him since he didn't fight. That was just silly in Shia's book.

As they walked, she noted too who was in the hallway and was quick to change direction as well. YIKES. Not a pair Shia wanted to be anywhere near right now, all things considering! Let Tantalus handle things there!

That was Ixion showed up. A Dragon Knight loyal without question sure, but that was what bothered Shia. The girl just didn't seem to think things for herself. That just struck Shia as very strange. "Eh, had a bit of a scuffle, just need to go rest and recover," Shia said with a nod. "Nothing ya need to worry about," she added.

"Now THAT sounded like a brush off to me," came a masculine voice, as Ixion's partner came into view. A lithe man with a light tan and brown hair that came down in waves, his gold eyes carried an unusual seriousness about them. His brains were near Tobi's, but he carried the skills to fight decent as well. Not the best in either category, but certainly not the worst. More of a strategic fighter than anything else.

"What really happened down there?" he pressed again.

"Leander, now isn't the time," Shia replied, her tone more abrupt than she would usually take, slightly annoyed.

It was interesting, Niki thought, to see the reactions play upon his face... but hardly in his eyes for the most part. How he resembled Reyn and yet at the same time... at the same time... so much different as well.

She looked towards him, to the pendant. s crazy as it sounded... it was possible wasn't it? But even as such... even as such... what of Reyn here? The one she loved? Although, somehow, it really broke her heart to see how torn part this older version was as well.

Especially, when he looked at her now, emotions flickering in his eyes, and the tone of his voice saying it all. "But... what of Reyn here?" she asked. "My family? My friends? Look... I know things are dangerous here, I do. But I don't belong there either. This is... this is where my life is," she said, looking towards him with a sigh. She hadn't backed off at least, but rather stayed where she was.

"It's not that I don't trust you..." she added quietly, shaking her head. Okay well... she wasn't sure actually. She wanted to trust him, but everything screamed at her not to. Everything logical at least. But her heart...

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 PM

((Hey, I have a thought! You know how Kuina loved Kosagi, but Kosagi both loved/hated Karasu? I was thinking, we could have a version of that. Leander loves Ixion, who loves/hates Loki. Maybe? It would be funneh. xDD))

Ixion smiled at seeing Leander come into view. There had been a fierce battle on the surface, and the Knight worried for her partner, as much as he questioned what they did. "Why don't we go talk about it in the commons?" Ixion suggested, and looked to Tobi. He, she did not like. They were too opposite, too far apart in this world, for Ixion to understand, let alone like or agree with. Tobi shrank under the woman's gaze, stepping behind his partner, Shiandre. "You can tell us why Loki's line is still down, too," the Knight added, turning and already leading the way.

Tobi looked to Shiandre, uncertainty in his eyes. He wished to go to his room and rest, tend to his arm, but abandoning her wasn't the most partner-y thing to do. The youngest of the Dragon Knights, instead, allowed her to make a decision, lingering behind while Ixion laid the path before them. "You might need me," he mentioned, knowing she could very well read his face.
When, for the second time, Niki refused, Loki stood up, drawing his cloak near him. The Dragon Knight nodded and tucked the pendant back out of view, his face emotionless. "I will do my best," Loki promised, bowing his head and allowing himself to be recalled. As the blue Reizu fell down about Niki, the man disappearing into timespace, her world restarted. The strange discoloration vanished, the pause of movement around everything, went away around Niki, as her Torque also fell back onto her wrist, turning a dingy brown before shattering. Niki was left alone, before Q's mansion.
Loki arrived only moments later in the Birdhouse, though it felt so much later. He disconnected the Reizu line, and moved to go get some water, stumbling as the vertigo wore off. First, he saw Tantalus and Artemis, giving the more healthier of mental states a glare. Loki had warned them about being so public with their affections, to keep it to their rooms, before then spying Tobi and Shiandre. Up ahead, Ixion and Leander seemed to be waiting for them.

"What's going on?" Loki asked, all and none in particular. The man's entire face lacked expression, as did his voice. He seemed tired, overall, as if he'd spent a great amount of Reizu, when really it was physiological fatigue. "Good to see you two back in working condition. I have a feeling your next mission will be soon." Ixion nodded and bowed her head to Loki, a gentle smile on her lips from his approval.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM

((It would be :P But oh so sad > >; *pats the randeh* Poor fellow always gets the short end of the stick :3))

Shiandre pondered a moment. "But you REALLY should rest," she whispered back, right when Loki came up and she could just breathe a sigh of relief. "Right then, Loki, would you mind if I walk Tobi to his quarters?" she asked, looking back to Leander and Ixion.

Thank goodness for Loki's good timing!

Catching Loki's glare, Tantalus blinked a moment before sighing deeply. "Perhaps we should take this to your room," he suggested, with a slight smile. "There are, after all, things we cannot do out here. Not that I give a damn, but I want to keep you all for myself," he added, in a rare light sort of way.

As the older Reyn vanished with blue snow, Niki heaved a great sigh and sunk to the ground, looking at her wrist as the thing vanished. The... the Dragon Torque. She was glad to see it go,that thing which caused these problems. But.. where had it gone? She had the sinking feeling when it did... the world would stop again. Would that place her friends in gander once more? Was her presence here..

Shaking her head, she pulled out her cell phone and dialed the Anne Marie. She wanted to find Reyn... right now she needed him. How much had he actually seen? How much did he already know? She just... needed to confirm he was real, and here too. The older version... it was not her Reyn right?

She wanted to convince herself of this, needed to. Because, she had a feeling in her refusal to go she had really hurt the older Reyn deeply.

She hoped, somehow... he was there...

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 PM

"I see no reason why not," Loki said. Tobi sighed, knowing he could very well get there himself, but said nothing and continued his way. Once the two were gone, Loki walked up to Leander and Ixion, turning to the male Dragon Knight and raising a brow, "How did things go on the surface?" he asked Leander. "It's not getting worse there, is it?" If so, Loki feared he'd have to exchange the two for Shiandre and Tobi, those two not only having more experience but Tobi was a bit more valuable up there.

Once Shiandre and Tobi reached his door, the Dragon Knight turned back to her, as if to say something. But, caught his tongue and merely bowed his head in parting, slipping in. Whatever it was Tobi would have said, he wasn't, for he almost never did. Walking over to his bed, Tobi sat on the ground before it, closing his eyes and beginning to seemingly meditate. His arm throbbed with pain, and his mind felt somewhat unclear. Hopefully after some long moments of rest, he could return to everything with all he had.

Artemis nodded gently against her love, allowing him to help her stand and move inside. There, she laid with him, kissing Tantalus, repeating how much she loved him, trying regather the shattered parts of her mind. Everything was dissolving with that timespace so close to their own. Artemis gripped Tantalus a bit more urgently, "I'm slipping," she informed. "I don't know if I can come back."
Lesley picked up at the Anne Marie and, finding it was Niki, informed that no, Reyn was not here. "I thought he was with you..." the woman mentioned. She did not, however, ask what happened, hearing the tone in Niki's voice and deciding it best. "You should look around, and call back soon. He might show up," Lesley said. After that, she hung up, having to deal with some patrons.

Reyn was still in the warehouse. When time began, he gasped when they weren't there, and sprinted out and down the street. It felt nice, pumping his leg muscles again, moving as fast as his body pushed him, dodging people on the sidewalk and hurtling a few barriers until he came up to the scene near the beach. There was Q, and Calla, and Nona... But no Niki. First thing was first, though, and Reyn knelt down before Q and Calla. "Is she okay?" he asked. The girl looked so faint, her skin pale and her lips a funny shade. Yet, she seemed to be shallowly breathing... That was good.

Looking up to Nona with panic in his eyes, Reyn stood, "Do you know where Niki is?" What was going on here? This was insane! Who were those people... Why had they attacked Calla and run off with Niki? Was she okay? "Nona, you have your cell phone today, right?" God, he hoped so. "Try calling her!" Turning to Q and Calla, he heard the sirens off in the distance. "Good, take care of her, Q. Nona, come on, lets start looking!" He knew she would already be calling Niki, but standing around was the least he wanted to do! She could talk and run at the same time.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Shiandre didn't really expect Tobi to say anything, since she usually did all of the talking anyways. "You just rest up and heal, alright? No moving about 'til you do," she said with a light wink, before heading towards her own quarters. She heaved a heavy sigh, as she went over todays events. It seemed only to get worse... didn't it? At times she wondered if this world could even be saved.

Of course it could.

She would fight for it, and so would the others... right?

Leander sighed, shaking his head. "It is I am afraid..." he admitted, looking towards Loki. "Things are getting more active. With a bit of strategy Ixion and I held them off of course, but still... it is a troublesome sign..."

Tantalus held her close, kissing her back in just as many places, if not more. Places that perhaps might ease her mind, affirm his words of love to her. "If you slip, I shall be tehre to catch you and bring you back," he replied. "Always Artemis. Remember, this is reality and that world was all illusion. I'll always be here to catch you, no matter what."

How was Calla? Reyn? Nona? It was all so... and that was when she heard her cell phone ring. It was Nona! "Nona!" Niki cried into the phone.

"Oh thank god!" Nona replied, wishing one could hug a friend over a phoneline. "Where are you?"

"At... At Q's place. Is Calla alright?" she asked.

"Calla's getting help now, Q's seeing to her! But how about you, are you okay Niki?"

"Y-y-yeah..." Niki replied. "I think so..."

"We're almost to you Niki, just stay there okay?"

"Right, I will..." she replied. Nona looked towards Reyn with a bit of worry, as the the two ran quickly, bridging the distance, until Q's place became visible. Sure enough, Niki was there running towards them. She drew them both into a tight hug.

"Guys... I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried... and Calla and Q will be okay too right? Noone's hurt... right? We're all still here unharmed, right?" she asked, but one would notice her eyes strayed towards her wrist, where a faint shadow of the bracelet could still be seen.

She belonged here... right?

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 AM

Reyn followed Nona, slowing his speed to match hers, until they came to Q's mansion, where he let out all his energy into running up to Niki. Not caring if Nona was there, the boy threw her into a hug, lifting the shorter girl up into the air and holding her there. "You're okay, right? They didn't hurt you! If they did, I swear I'll kill them," he said, the growl in his voice very much mirroring Loki's. The boy set her down, though still did not let Niki from his arms, protectively encasing her to his chest.

"Calla's getting the attention she needs, so I Q. We're all ok, as long as you are. How... did you get here so fast?" he asked, taking a moment to pull from her, brushing Niki's hair from her face. "Do you know who they were?" Oh, so many questions! Reyn couldn't even begin to ask her. But, the relief at seeing her generally unharmed made him simply press Niki to his chest once more, unable to verbally express such gratitude.
"I will be off, then. I must consult to our elders," Loki mentioned, nodding to the two and leaving. Ixion stared at his back, before turning to Leander. She tilted her head, long bright blond braid swaying gently with the motion. The girl nodded for Leander to follow her, straying into the commons where two wide sofas sat. The Dragon Knight took a perch upon on, tucking one leg under her as she sat.

"You mentioned, while we were on the surface, you had something to tell me, Leander? But we were interrupted..." Ixion mentioned, her gray eyes questioning. It was strange, how innocent Ixion seemed compared to the rest of Ceilidh. She, somehow, kept an air of optimism about her, a general feel of lightheartedness to her activities, even while fighting. Somehow, Ixion had found a way to balance all the terrible events within her own mind.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 01:28 AM

"I'll uhm, give ya two a moment," Nona replied with a slight grin, as she found herself a tree to sit and relax in. She always did love a good tree after all.

It was when she heard that growl in Reyn's tone that she perhaps paled a moment. But she shook it off quickly. "No... no I'm fine.. Really, I'm fine," she replied, smiling towards him. "I'm just glad everyone will be okay!" So she had a few bruises from Artemis's handling, but nothing major.

Nothing major...

"So please, calm down," she added. "I... know about as much as you..." she added, closing her eyes a moment. She was torn between telling him, and not telling him. If she told him now, would he believe her? But at the same time if she told him about his future self.... she decided once more against it. She wondered, did he see through it when she held things to herself?

"It's okay Reyn! Come on, lets go get ourselves some food, alright? We can bring some over to Calla and Q too!" She smiled brightly.

'This... this is where I belong... right?' she thought to herself, and for a few moments a look of melancholy crossed her eyes as she wondered how the future Reyn was taking things.

Leander, at the sudden mention, blushed deeply. "Well yes, I suppose I did, didn't I?" he asked. He seemed to weigh something in his mind for a few moments. He had mentioned that during a particularly tense scene out there.

He leaned against a nearby wall, glancing towards her. "It's just that I... well, nevermind. It can await another time, surely. We haven't been back for long, you should get some rest Ixion," he told her. One of his hands, meanwhile, could be seen in a pocket, as though checking for something. It was still tehre, somehow feeling much heavier than it had before...

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 AM

When Niki reassured him she was ok, Reyn nodded and let go of her. Though, he still held onto her hand, not willing to completely let Niki from his grasp. For a moment she seemed distant, then bright, and once more melancholy. Reyn frowned, and wrapped his arms back around Niki's waist, kissing her forehead.

"Tell me what happened, Niki. You don't seem completely yourself," he whispered, one hand trailing across her cheek. "What has you so shaken up? Please, tell me!" he urged, kissing her once more, however this time upon the lips. Her seeming so distracted was worrying Reyn, as if something had happened to have her question reality, to have Niki wonder her place with him.
Ixion's pout seemed to deepen as Leander decided not to tell her, the girl up and before him within the end of the sentence. "Oh, but if not now, when then? You always do this, Leander," Ixion said, trapping him there by taking his face between her hands. "We're partners, doesn't that mean anything? You're supposed to be able to tell me everything!" Ixion did notice his hand in the pocket, but did not mention it.

The Dragon Knight simply wanted to get this done with. Leander had a terrible habit of backing out of these sort of situations. He seemed to intensely dislike confrontation, or Ixion had noticed. Perhaps, it was best to wait? But how long would that take, she wondered? How long would it be before he told her what was on his mind? Completely clueless, Ixion just wanted some sort of hint towards him!

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 AM

Niki looked towards Reyn, and thought she really did wish to share everything with him. Would he... worry about things even more? Would he worry about her sanity itself? Because right now she worried about her own sanity as it was!

"I..." she trailed off a moment, taking in a deep breath as though to find the right words. She started from the first encounter, to the current, telling things form her perspective. How time froze, the Dragon Torque, to Artemis, Shiandre, Tobi and finally Loki. Loki's words to her. She told Reyn everything she could, and by the end of it all her yes were watering up. She never cried really in public, ever. But retelling it all, it really seemed too much. "I'm... pretty sure I'm crazy. That is the only way to explain it. Because if it's not... and I stayed here on my own selfish accord... if I got anyone hurt just by being here..." She clung tightly to him then.

"I... I really just want to stay here and with everyone. My family, my friends.... and you. I want to belong here Reyn..." she finally said, crying freely for the first time in well, ever really.

"Well yes but..." he sighed deeply then, looking towards her. "I just wanted to say that I, think highly of you. Really highly of you and well... enjoy the time we have together. I... have something for you," he added, as he pulled a small, handmade hairtie from his pocket.

"It's not much, but I figured you could get some use out of it..." he added, his flush deepening. Oh man... he hadn't meant to say all of that. But somehow it all just rambled out!

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2008, 03:08 AM

"You're not crazy!" Reyn insisted, pulling Niki into a close hug and not allowing her free. "No one got her, and by god, it's not selfish! If so, then I'm the most greedy man there ever did breath," he told her, tilting Niki's chin up to kiss away her tears. The boy pulled his love to him, sitting down and cradling Niki there in his arms. "You do belong here, my love. You belong in my arms, at this time, with me and Nona and Calla and Q. You're ours, not theirs, and they've no right to take you."

Reyn held Niki close, shielding her tears from anyone else to see and softly kissing her lips often. "You're not crazy," he whispered, stroking her hair comfortingly as he warmly embraced her there. "I love you, Nicole, and I won't let them have you." The boy kissed her again, brushing away all the tears on her cheek and simply holding Niki there, reassuring her again and again this was where she belonged, this was her place to be.
The surprise was apart in Ixion's eyes at his words. In fact, so much, she took a step back, and her face was void of its natural mask. The girl's confusion played across her face, as well as something else. Something indescribable that told Leander she was as tired and unsure of their situation as the rest were. When Leander showed Ixion the hair band, she blushed, and the natural mask went back up. "You're so sweet," Ixion whispered, taking it from his hand.

Studying the tribute, the Dragon Knight took her current one out and threw her hair messily back into a high ponytail, isntead of its normal braid. Several lengths of hair around her face fell out, framing Ixion's face nicely, as the curly waves of hair fell over her shoulder, free from their daily binding. It made Ixion seem much more angelic than her natural self, what with an actual smile on her face. It was nice, knowing someone cared so deeply for her.

"...Thank you, Leander!" Ixion finally replied, hugging him greatly. The girl kissed his cheek shyly, a rather strange token coming from the newest Dragon Knight, and then turned to bound off to her room, obviously full of energy from the encounter.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 03:20 AM

It was comforting to hear, that he insisted even after hearing all of those things that she wasn't crazy. It was reassuring, because it would have been very easy to believe she was. But hearing him say she wasn't, over and over again...

"Thank you..." she finally managed to say, embracing him closer, her head now buried in his shoulder. Realizing his shirt muffled her words, she looked up at him. "Thank you," she added again. "I.. I knew I made the right decision. I knew it. It's just so easy to be thrown into doubt... it's a weird place for me to be yanno? Thank you Reyn, love," she added, and smiled a real smile, a cheerful one.

It was... interesting to see Ixion's natural mask go down. He always knew it was a mask really, but then, Partners tended to know more about one anotehr than anyone else. He blushed brightly at her words, watching as she immediately placed it in. The way her hair fell down now...

"You're welcome," he replied. "I'm... really glad you like it," he added, filling warm inside. Nice to know he could still feel this way, even in this time. He watched as she bounded away so happy and cheerful, and waved, still a bit struck.

'She really liked it...'
he thought, quite content.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 AM

Reyn smiled at her thanks, informing Niki none was needed. He held her there, on his lap, still stroking his love's hair. "I know, honey, I know. But if you ever doubt, you can call me. I'll ask Q to get me a cell phone. You know, he's been trying to leech off his cell bill for a while now," Reyn assured, kissing Niki gently on her lips, then both her cheeks.

At the smile, Reyn let her up and stood after her. "Ok! Nona! We're done being sappy!" the boy called, waving her down from the tree. "Lets go find Q and Calla," he suggested. After reviewing all nearby hospitals, they decided to try the one in town. Reyn held his arm around Niki's waist, watching Nona as she led the way. "So, Nona, did you hear what Niki told me?" he inquired, having a suspicion she had been eaves-dropping.
Calla was awake now, an oxygen mask over her face to help her breathe. Nothing was truly damaged besides some bruises around her neck and a possible concussion. Q had a fractured rib, which they already bound, and released him to be by her side. Calla, seeing him there, reached her hand out for his. "Q..." the girl tried to speak, though the mask prevented any sound from coming out, so he could only see her lips faintly moving, before the plastic walls of the oxygen mask were fogged over. "I love you..." Calla mumbled, unable to have enough strength to speak above a whisper.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM

"I've been telling you that you need your own cell for ages now!" she replied, laughing lightly. "Of course if you got one, you better learn how to text quickly too," she teased, being a rabid texter.

Nona, who had still been a tree, made her way down with a smile. "Glad you two could sort it out," she replied, although she really had no doubts. When it came to those two, she had no doubts at all.

"Aheheh... yeah. It's pretty out there I'll admit but yanno what? I believe ya," she told Niki with a wink. "Still, kinda freaky to know we have future selves around. Well not to worry! All of us will stick togetehr and keep ya grounded here!" she added, tossing a wink. "Friends stick together, no matter what!"

Q's hands took hers gently, as he looked to her. This was a hard state to see her in, it really was. Just what had happened? Who had that woman been? He was so pissed at her he could hardly stand it, but he knew now certainly was not the best of times.

"I love you too," he said, able to understand what she had been trying to say, he knew. "Just take it easy, rest now. The others are fine as well I am certain and-" About then tehre was a knock at the door.

"VISITORS!" Nona called from outside, as the door opened with a boom. Nona had a bundle of lilies in her hands, which she had well, picked from outside the hospital while noone was looking and formed a makeshift bouquet with them. "No balloons but I'm sure we'll manage eh?"

"How is she holding up?" Niki asked Q.

"The doctors say she will be fine with rest. It's... nice to see everyone else is here too. Did we figure out what all of that was about?" he asked, although his eyes and attention were still upon Calla.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Calla's eyes began to tear up as she heard Q beside her, unable to turn her head to view him. When Nona's voice sounded from the door, however, she choked it down, beginning to try and breathe on her own. It was hard, being conscious and still unable to tell her friends she was okay, they didn't need to worry. Niki was here, too... Calla wished she could tell her friend, talk to her. How much she wanted to be out of this damn place!

Reyn followed Niki in, walking to Calla's side and setting a soothing hand over hers. "Hey Calla," he whispered, smiling at seeing her eyes flicker to his face. "I hope you get better soon. Nona brought you some flowers that she uh... liberated. They're lillies," he said, grinning as Calla tried to chuckle. The boy, then, returned to Niki's side, wrapping his arm around her. "How are you doing, Q? That bitch hit hard," he asked, rubbing the bruise on his side.
Ixion was trying to rest, laying on her stomach when she heard the knock on the door. Jumping up, the girl sprang open her living space's door, finding -to her surprise- Loki standing there. He handed her a slip of paper, entitled to her, and another for Leander. Their new mission. Ixion bowed her head, expecting Loki to leave, but when he lingered she looked up, keen with interest. "Don't tell the others about this..." he said, as if fighting something internally. The Dragon Knight's slate eyes narrowed, and she nodded obediantly.

When Loki had left, instead of rushing to Leander, Ixion returned to her room and slid to the ground. Her own fight was happening mentally, as it always did when she recieved such missions. They always trusted Ixion to do the most dirty work, the cleanup that was hidden even from other Dragon Knights. Their right-hand girl, their dagger under the cloak... It put a great deal of mental stress upon her, for Ixion tried her best not to question, to be mindless. Doubting her superiors is the reason people fell into the darkness, and Ixion did her best to live her happiest in this terrible world. At least there was Loki... and now Leander. How did she feel about him...?

The fighter knew that Loki was out of her league, but Leander... He was a real possibility. It would be easy to settle for him, for her partner. It was not uncommon, either. Ixion put on her best mask, though she could feel the metaphysical cracks and breaks happening in it. Standing, Ixion swept into the hallways, disappearing to Leander's door and knocking on it in the whispered tone that normally told him there was work to do. Ixion could tell Loki was fighting whether or not to call off the mission, though really that was out of his powers. Ixion knew their ultimate superiors would have her do whatever was written on this slip. The worst part was waiting to see what was in it... "Leander?" Ixion called, eyes darting either way to make sure no one was around.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Nona grinned brightly at Reyn's comment, as she set to work setting the lilies up on a stand beside Calla's bed. "You better be takin' it easy too!" the girl replied to Calla. "Don't push it 'til you're ready!" Of course, she knew like herself, Calla hated to stay down long. The girl really really hated to take things lying down. But, some situations just could not be helped really.

Q glanced over, giving a slight smile. "Me? Oh I'm fine. Nothing major really. Just going to have a good sized knot on the back of my head a few days," he added with a slight grimace. "But it is nothing I can't handle. She certainly did though..." he added, shaking his head. He wished he could have done more... got Calla out of this mess! He sighed a slight then, and had he not been sitting down beside Calla knew he would have been pacing about the room. Hopefully this would not last much longer... but knowing Calla it would not. For now, he could be tehre for her. He knew she would be alright, she was a fighter after all.

Niki meanwhile, kept close to Reyn, her own support during this time. Although... she couldn't help but wonder what his future self was going through as well. Oh well. She should stop thinking about it, because THIS was the resent, the reality. This was where she was, and always would be. Why did life have to be so complicated anyways? Must have drawn the short stick she supposed...

Still, at least everyone was okay and alive after this, that was what mattered. And together, they all needed to stick together most of all.

Hearing Ixion's tone as she whispered his name, Leander knew it was all business. So soon? Ah well, no rest for the weary he supposed. Must be one of those secret type of missions as well. That always made him a slight bit nervous, he had to admit. But, he followed orders along with Ixion. Sure, he questioned them at times, but in the end, they usually proved fairly harmless.

He opened his door, holding it open. "Come in," he told her with a nod, before shutting the door behind them. Knowing whatever was on these slips was not to be shown to others. But what? Was it concerning recent events? Or something else? Either way, such secret missions tended to be very important. And the fact it was being handed to the two of them probably meant it involved matters larger than either of them.

((Before you ask, my avtar fell victim to a recent bug. Hence the er baldness. Poor Nona > >))

Last edited by Leona of the Zodiac; 04-25-2008 at 05:16 PM..

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2008, 12:30 AM

Ixion handed Leander his script, opening her own and reading the fine, studied print saying; "Locate the Dragon Torque; watch it." That was it. The Dragon Knight looked to her partner, wanting to know what his said, but knowing it wasn't permitted. The girl seemed to pause, her face blank as if tormenting over something. Finally, after carefully pocketing the slip, she threw her arms around Leander and pressed her face to his neck, standing there. "I... hope this is okay," the girl whispered, knowing the close distance wasn't exactly normal. Ixion and Leander had, at one point, been perhaps the most emotionally detached partners of them all, but now that the girl realized Loki was from her reach, she could easily be comfortable around Leander. After all, the rest of her life was a lie, wasn't it?

Leander's note had said; "Find the Dragon Torque; watch it," just as Ixion's had, however there was an additional part. "Destroy Ixion before returning." The girl who he had just thrown herself onto him with good heart, who was now planning her life around him. Either this was a sick joke, or Ixion had become too much of a burden to the superiors. Perhaps, she didn't turn out quite like they expected, though one would wonder where the perfect soldier went wrong. Currently, the Dragon Knight still had her hair in the ponytail just like before, with his holder working surprisingly well, as if a sweet token to the afternoon.

Instead of leaving almost immediately, as Ixion normally did, she stepped back from Leander and bowed her head, her fingers still lingering against his wrist, wondering if it was okay to take his hand. If Leander didn't mind her outbursts of emotion, that most never saw. "This world is so broken..." Ixion whispered, glancing up to her partner through her bangs, "that even those trying to support it go crazy at seeing a perfect world."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The group stayed with Calla the rest of the afternoon, trying to be boisterous and cheerful. Since there weren't enough chairs for the four of them, Reyn insisted Niki sit on his lap. He, as per usual, was solemn and quiet, normally joking with Q as Niki, Nona and Calla did whatever girls did. However, Calla was void of conversation, and seemed to drift between sleep and consciousness. Reyn eventually nudged Q with his foot, "You need to go eat, dude. How long have you been here? Twenty-four hours? Go home, changes clothes -take a shower!- and get something to eat," he urged. "I'm sure things will seem better with food in your stomach. Don't worry, we'll be here, watching over her." He knew if she could, Calla would have glared at him for that, claiming she didn't need watching.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-26-2008, 12:45 AM

Leander opened his own note, and the first time he read it, thought perhaps he had read it wrong. Reading through it again however, it said the same thing and he was careful not to let his shock cross into his expressions. He was good, after all, at guarding what he was thinking when he wished to be. But... why? That was what he wanted to march in and demand of his superiors. Had she become ladened with too many of their secrets? Use her and then throw her away... what sort of twisted logic was that?

What sort of people did they work under?

And that was when she came close to him, oh so very close. "It's... it's fine," he replied gently, finding his own arms wrapping around her. This... no. No he simply could not follow such orders. But there was nothing they could do here now was there?

"I know," he replied, gently placing a hand over hers. "It is most broken indeed. Yet we strive to keep those remnants together..." he added, with a free hand pocketing his note. He would need it to show her later... it was a painful truth he could not withold from her.

"We can only make the most out of what we have," he added. He had made his decision but none would know until they arrived at the surface...

It was a bust afternoon, and at least everyone's parents seemed to understand. The group enjoyed themselves as best as they could, supporting one anotehr in ways only each otehr could. When Q was asked by Reyn to catch himself something, he blinked a moment. "It is fine, they certainly cannot keep her too much longer can they? I wish to be here for the times she wakes up..." It was about then, however, that his stomach loudly rumbled.

Nona came up then, jumping onto Q from behind and effectively putting him in a headlock. "See? You need rest or else you would have thrown me off before I could do that!" she replied, grinning down at him. "Go eat you idiot, Calla wouldn't want to see you looking all zombified like ya do now! Dumbass," she added, ruffling his hair out of place before she let up. "Besides, you stiiiink!"

"I do not!"

"Funky! And not in the good way," Nona added, as she started pushing Q out of the door. Q sighed, shaking his head.

"You guys better watch over then... I'll be back shortly," he replied with a sigh, and it was clear the poor boy was a mess with worry! Niki watched the scene, breathing with relief he had actually decided to do something for himself. Poor Q was pushing himself so hard...

"We'll watch her, never worry!" she told him, to which Q smiled a slight.

"Right... I trust you guys to do so." He added, an important thing to admit, as he started for home running. Running so he could make it back that much quicker...

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 AM

When he said 'we strive to keep those remnants together,' Ixion snorted, throwing her head up and looking at Leander with one of her familiar, contempt expressions. "We?" she repeated, scoffing and throwing her head in such a way her hair fell up, then down around her like soft golden sheets of rain. "I don't know about you, hun, but I wouldn't give the slightest bit of care if this world fell into ruin around us in fire and brimstone!" Ixion turned, pacing about the room, her mask having crumbled for yet another rare moment. In her normally expressionless slate eyes was a deep fury that seemed to eat at her, "I only live to fight! It will be my honor to die on the battlefield!" she growled. The woman's fist shot out, pounding against the wall, showing her deep agitated, "I only follow their orders to keep my sanity. How else am I supposed to keep this up for so damn long! This job is so frustrating, so riddled and twisted it could very well be a Minotaur's labyrinth!"

Sighing, Ixion calmed herself, sliding the easy, pleasant yet pouty mask on. The girl kissed Leander's cheek, a gentle hand reaching up to stroke some of his hair. It was a complete change, but at least the girl was showing herself to Leander, opening up, beginning to trust someone. And already, she could feel the cracks in her mask mending. "Lets go, before the others find out we're both missing," she murmured, sliding out his door and swiftly sprinting into the Birdhouse to connect her Reizu line. When Leander was set up, the girl nodded, and waited for the count-down until they dropped. Ixion had no idea what the coordinates were, since she couldn't properly function those. Leander could, he was a genius with those things. When the two reached the other timespace, Ixion fell onto the top of a tree, barely managing to catch herself upon one of its limbs. "Are the coordinates off?" she asked him, making sure everything was where it should be.
When Q left, Reyn took his seat, allowing Niki to have her own if she wished. He picked up the deck of cards they'd used most of the day and began shuffling. "So, Nona, you mentioned wanting a game of Go-fish?" he asked, grinning slightly. "Or 42 Card Pick-Up?" That, he was sure, she would have a blast with. Reyn wasn't so sure Niki felt like playing games, she had been pretty distant the entire day. He however, looked to her, as if asking her opinion as well. Reyn wouldn't ever leave her out of something, he'd never dream to! Niki was a very large part of his existence.

Calla was still sleeping, her dreams restless, of that strange lady. What'd she told her. 'You let Niki die!' the lady had screamed. Calla, at that time, hadn't felt fear, but sorrow. For some reason, she believed this lady on some sense. She, or rather, the both of them, had failed to save Niki's life, somehow... some way. Calla had felt the woman's insanity, as if it'd been in her head, and knew the crazy cloaked woman felt her pain, her confusion. In her dreams it played over and over, "You let Niki die!" Artemis had spit in her face. "You useless, pitiful excuse for a knight!"

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 AM

Leandre listened to her passion about fighting... and wondered just how he would take the news he would have to give. Not well he would imagine, not well at all. "Twisted is right..." he agreed with a grimace, as she ranted.

"Right... just, remember. You can tell me anything going on in your mind," he added, as his line was connected. Down they went, and at her question he double-checked his coordinates after righting himself upon a nearby limb.

"It is fine," he replied. "This is where the Torque lies. However, I am afraid there is a more pressing issue at hand..." he mumbled quietly, looking towards the grounds below. He would be damned for saying this, slated to destruction and yet... what good would living be if he committed such an act? He pulled the paper from his pocket, holding it out for Ixion. "I need you to read this, alright. And then... you'll know why I am about to do what I am about to do..." He glanced towards the blue line behind him, determined.

"Of course!" Nona replied. "Booooth! Lets play both! Toss the cards!"

Niki meanwhile, had indeed been pretty quiet, out there, much as she had tried to be otherwise. At the question, she smiled. "Pickup is fine," she replied. She just needed a bit of time to sort things straight, that was all. Just a bit of time, and she would be as good as new. She had told future Rey her decision, and hoped he would agree and follow with it. But at the same time... she couldn't help but wonder if her remaining time here was limited. And that was a thought that tore at her.

She glanced over at Calla, hoping he girl really would be alright. That crazy one... Artemis... Niki could only imagine what had transpired there...

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 AM

When handed the paper, Ixion at first wanted to reject it. Such blasphemy! But then, seeing the look on his face, took it and slowly -with an impending sense of dread- slid the paper open. There was the same message, but an addition. Ixion blinked, gray eyes wide, and threw the paper into the wind, wishing to rid herself of such a terrible thing. The woman then glared at Leander, "You fiend!" she shrieked. "Pretending to love me simply to get closer to my back!" the woman snarled, her own conclusions made up. Ixion jumped to the ground, her Spin Weapon activating. It was wild on her back, whipping around like her hair in a gale, until it attached to her arm, making Ixion's limb seem grown and mutated, demonic almost. Ixion bellowed at him, her escalating anger seeming to be on the brink of insanity.

Such a broken world was hers, was theirs, that lovers turned upon each other! Loki, her crush, who had given them the orders, and Leander, her supposed lover, who was now trying to kill her! Was there nothing in their timespace that was corrupt, touched by the evil parodies that had been unlocked so long ago? What despair was this, that veiled everything so completely, so permanently! Ixion was shuddering in her deep sorrow, trying to transfer it into battle sense, though with her breaking heart it would no longer do so. And, eventually, Ixion fell to her knees, her spin weapon deactivating on its own. "Fine, my love! I have professed I'd rather die here and anywhere! So kill me," Ixion groaned.
As Reyn spilled the cards out for him and Nona to rush about gathering, there came a knock on the door. Seeing as the two were occupied, and Calla bed-ridden, it was Niki's appointment to retrieve the visitor. Outside waited Loki, in his strange cloak, staring down at her with his coal-colored eyes. The Dragon Knight was waiting along the wall adjacent to the door, waiting for Niki to come out and close the door. "I wanted to talk to you," he whispered, instantly kneeling to her eye level. The man seemed sort of disappointed, but quickly put that away.

"There will be two people dressed as I am who come to you. They will not have their lines, however," he motioned to the blue Reizu line. "They will be here to protect you constantly, as I cannot." The additional note on Leander's slip had been Loki's addition. He knew the way the Dragon Knight felt over Ixion, and how they chose together, and what they would inevitably do. Loki set a hand upon Niki's shoulder, "They will also stand guard over your friends if you ask them to, so that this... event with Calla will never reoccur. They are, together, stronger than myself. Trust them in my stead, Niki..."

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-26-2008, 02:24 AM

Leandre shook his head quickly. "No it isn't like that!" he replied quickly, his eyes widened at the accusation. "Please trust me, it isn't like that at all!" He had a pained look she even thought as such was the circumstances. He supposed that with her constant difficult missions, that her mind might...

He took a deep breath. "It is not like that at all," he said, as he reached behind him for the blue line, and disconnected it. Holding it but for a moment, he let it slip from his hands, traveling back up. It was the only action, he knew that would make her understand. Make her realize he was just as much of a pawn in this, that... he would never follow such an order. "I found out about it the moment I received this note Ixion. They are... foolish if they think I shall carry out such an errand. Completely foolish." His gold eyes met hers then. "I would never, ever betray you," he added, his tone leaving no room for doubt... nor his actions. He just oped they penetrated her current state...

"I'll be right back," Niki told her friends, smiling a slight as she watched the game. She opened the door then, and her eyes widened a slight upon seeing who it was. She... should have guessed she couldn't walk away from this so easy, right? She was about to step backwards, about to yell out she had no intention of going anywhere, but for some reason she stepped outside of the room to talk.

"Thank you," she said quietly, looking back to the room. "I.... I really appreciate it. I don;t want to see them gfet hurt again. I... I never said I didn't trust you you know," she added, looking towards Loki. "I just said this is where I belong, and there's no way I can leave here." She smiled a slight, thinking upon her friends, and how they would have protection now. It... put her at ease better. "It is... good to know you're alright, she added, closing her eyes in thought.

She couldn't think of anything else to say, and knew it must be hard on hi for her to be here. That was the way it came across anyways. "I had... better get back," she said quietly.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2008, 03:34 AM

Ixion hissed as he tried to explain, being fed up with all his different fronts. That was, until his line was detached. Ixion screamed, jumping up to try and catch it. She was only a breath of a moment to late, and turned to him with wide, panicked eyes. "You'll disappear into this timespace, Leander!" she cried desperately, running over and hugging him to her. "Oh, Leander," Ixion sobbed, her tense position instantly collapsing at their closeness. The girl reached to her side, hesitating before quickly following the motion. Now... there was no possible way of returning... Ever. "If you're condemned here, then I shall be, too," Ixion said softly.

The Dragon Knight slowly turned her head, lips gently grazing his, as her eyes watered. Ixion slid to the ground, pounding it with her fist, hair tumbling down against the earth, acting as a veil as she cried. "Damn it!" the rouge growled, though it was choked, forced, as if she were pathetically trying to stop her tears. "This makes no sense! I... I've... I've been perfect!" Ixion then began to shiver, her back quivering as the woman looked up to Leander, a new sort of resolve in her eyes. "They want us to fall in darkness... It is because I'd never break, I was too good." Ixion paused, then punched the ground with enough force to crack the cement. "This is it! Do you not see?" Ixion gathered herself, grinning wickedly, eyes flashing with determination. "For as long as we stay in this timespace, we might as well start our lives over! Though, I admit, I cannot stop fighting. So I will find this Dragon Torque, and fight back against those who have put me through such torture." Ixion hit the air in front of her, grinning, and finally turned to face Leander. "For as long as I am here, I shall do my best to protect it, so that they may never get their hands upon it. What do you say, love?"
Loki seemed surprised by her confession of trust, so much so he leaked a slight bit of joy into his eyes, before standing and nodding. "Understood, return to your friends. Tell them I was a nurse, making sure you were all getting along well," he said, before transporting back. When Loki arrived in the Birdhouse, he noticed one cable down, though it was rapidly coming up. When it finally showed itself as being blank, and the Watcher calling out; "Two birds lost." The man smiled, and walked away calmly, as if nothing more had transpired.

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 AM

"I know," he said, as he mentioned about her line grimly. He blinked with surprise however, as she detached hers as well. His reasoning, simply put, was because he could no longer follow the orders of those who would wish for him to destroy his own partner, his own interest. He could not follow such a people, and it made it to where he had no desire to return to the broken world. He had served it well, certainly, but, he found it to be over.

"I say that sounds perfect," he replied. "For I doubt I could settle into such a life either. We shall fight whatever comes this way then, to protect the Torque. We shall... make new lives here for as long as we remain. I realized, after they gave me such an order, tehir life was no longer worth it," he added, holding her in his arms a moment.

"Shall we seek out the Dragon Torque then?" he asked her. "I am uncertain how I shall explain things, but we'll come up with something right?" It seemed... not a bad prospect to him at all, forging a life within this beautiful illusion. Not a bad prospect at all.

She smiled lightly seeing that joy, wondering how such a small statement from her could evoke that. She was glad she could however, help ease his pain a slight. "Alright," she replied, as she made her way back into the room.

"Soooo... what was that?" Nona asked, looking up from the cards. "And by the way, I am TOTALLY kicking Reyn's ass at this!"

"Oh! It was a nurse, just checking up on us," Niki replied, taking her place beside Reyn again. but... she seemed somehow a bit more at ease, a little less worried at least. "Reyn, ya lettin' Nona beat you? She'll never let you live it down!" she teased, perhaps the first time since everything occurred a bit of Niki's normally teasing, sunny personality shined through again.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM

"I suppose," Ixion replied, though did not move to find the Dragon Torque. She remained there, in Leander's arms, where things felt save. The girl was so used to having to protect herself, to constantly be worried for her own safety, that it felt positively delightful to have someone else protecting her. True, Ixion was the stronger of the two, but Leander held his own in battle well, and she'd rather have him than Loki right now. Moving back, Ixion smiled gently, reaching a hand up to gently stroke his face. "Can you locate it from here? Do you have enough strength, Leander?"

The rouge did not want him to wear himself out too fast. She feared disappearing, feared leaving what she knew behind for what she did not know. What would happen when they did vanish from this timespace? Was that it? Or would they be transported someplace else? 'Well, at least I get to spend my last few moments here, in a paradise, with someone who loves me,' the warrior though, smiling gently to Leander.
-------------------
-------------------
Reyn laughed, gently shoving Nona. "I know! And I'm trying, but she keeps cheating," he groaned. The boy tried to push her out of the way of a particularly large pile of cards, but was laughing too hard and ended up only pushing himself further away. He dove for them anyway, and, without a loud bang, landed right on top of them. "Hah," the man grunted, sticking his tongue out at Nona.