View Poll Results: What is your favourite movie genre?
Horror 5 17.86%
Science Fiction 5 17.86%
Action 4 14.29%
Comedy 4 14.29%
Romance 1 3.57%
Documentary/Fact 0 0%
Drama 1 3.57%
Other [if I forgot something?] 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 05:20 AM

I've seen Stick It and for me it was a pretty cliche film, totally predictable. Anyways, I'm more into the horror/fantasy/sci-fi genres.

Has anyone seen any good asian films? I watched one called Re-Cycle that was pretty good albeit confusing.

I recently watched Drag Me To Hell and Transformers 2. Both of which I liked. Now I want to see Blood the Last Vampire.

I plan on going to see New Moon, though I was VERY disappointed with Twilight. I'm hoping this will be better because they have the Director and crew of The Golden Compass. So maybe it will be closer to the book with few exceptions.

Last edited by Lorwynmoontide; 10-24-2009 at 05:22 AM..

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 AM

Somehow I doubt The Blair Witch Project could be better than anything, but we'll just put Paranormal Activity into the same compost heap.
I'm not really excited for Cirque du Freak because I read the entire series and I know it's going to piss me off because of all the serious changes that have been made. It's not a bad series [aside from the fact that it's mostly directed to younger teens] they didn't need to change so much. I'm going to make a mental list of all the things they changed while I'm watching the movie and then I'll pick on unsuspecting victims to rant aimlessly at about the stupidity of it all.

For example: there was no monkey girl and Darren didn't get a girlfriend until the third book and she was named after a poisonous plant and she was cool. >.<
Oh, and the snake boy? Yeah, he's supposed to be quiet, hot and shirtless. He's not quiet, he's not hot and he wears a bloody shirt !

I need to calm myself by repeating 'angst' over and over.. -_-

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 05:25 AM

Haha. You crack me up. Did you read the Eragon series? If you are a fan of those books, as am I, I bet you hated the movie!

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:26 AM

Is Blood the Last Vampire a live action movie about this really old vampire who looks like a young Asian girl hunts vampires? If it is, then I'm sad to tell you that it wasn't that good. If it's not the one I'm thinking of.. then completely disregard what I said.
I want to see Drag Me to Hell but haven't, but I'll skip on Transformers 2. Do you like fighting movies? I've watched a couple good ones recently and I could find the titles for you.
I'll probably check out New Moon too, if only to know how it turns out [and maybe check out Pattinson a bit], I didn't like Golden Compass though so that new director might make it worse for me. -_-

||Rawr~Suppie||
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 05:27 AM

@Harely Q: O: My mom said it was also because it was kinda poignant. :yes:

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:27 AM

XD Well, I've never read the series myself so I'm just going to take the movie for what it is :) And sadly, I hate the Blair Witch...and I still think it kept me more interested than Paranormal.

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 AM

I didn't read those books but I have a friend who's really into fantasy and he told me all about the movie and how bad it was. I like it when people rant to me, it makes me feel like I'm not the only one. x]
I don't read a lot of series as a rule, although I did read the Cirque du Freak and Twilight series. Maybe I should read Eragon, I don't read too much anymore, aside from picking up a book I've already read, opening it up to a random page and reading for awhile, just reliving the story a little.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:32 AM

I've read the Twilight series, and the first and second books of Eragon, and half the 3rd....I just couldn't get through it for the life of me. I didn't like the way the story took. The movie was just horrible. It didn't follow the book at all, and everything just seemed to happen waaaaaay too fast.

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 05:33 AM

Drag Me to Hell was pretty good. It had some creepy moments and some that were intentionally ....bad? Lol. But I think it's worth watching.

The Golden Compass crew that did the animals are doing the Changelings in New Moon. I bought the movie guide companion and they have some pictures of them. EXACTLY what I pictured them to be like. I was totally happy with it.

As for Transformers 2. I was happy to watch it but there was just some stuff that didn't go together. So I will probably never watch it again.

I do like fighting movies a long the lines of Hero (if that qualifies) and Fearless. I'm a Jet Li fan. Maybe not so much as fighting but martial arts.

@ Sha: In the first Eragon book wasn't the elf girl supposed to be in a coma the whole time?

ichigo8504
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo8504

Old 10-24-2009, 05:34 AM

@harley q~It was totally his worst movie ever. I loved '50 First Dates'. I think it was the best of all his movies.
Disney Classics will never grow old even if you do.
@Rawr~ Want to see the movie, but never did read the book, that I can remember of.
@Shalandriel~The forth Kind looks freaky and I would love to see the 'Cirque du freak' movie. Oh, and read the book.
@Lorwynmoontide~I have seen a lot of good asian movies. What genre do you like most?
Would love to see Transformers 2. The first one I got emotional when that one car died. When I went to Wal-mart today, I saw 'Blood the last vampire' in the red box.
Really into the 'Twilight', so I can't wait for 'New Moon'. I think because of this movie and book, Harry Potter is out of the question now.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 AM

@Lor: Pretty much, but she was all fine and dandy after awhile. Also, it was meant to happen over MONTHS, they made it like it was...a couple days. So irritating.

I liked the Golden Compass, haven't read the books, but I might. :)

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 AM

Have you seen that new ish movie with Jet Li and Jackie Chan? It's a fantasy like movie and the little main character boy who is lead my Jackie and Jet is kind of a fool but, hey, the two are a fantastic combination; AND Jackie Chan acts drunk in the entire movie, basically he's the God of drunkenness, it's hilarious !
Have you seen DoA: Dead or Alive? It's Americanized but it's based off of that video game.. anyway, I enjoyed it. I'll have a look on my computer for those other movies I mentioned, the fighting ones.. you might like them.

||Rawr~Suppie||
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 05:37 AM

I loved the Twilight book series when I first read it, but the movie killed it for me. D; I like The House of Night series better now. :yes: But now I'm getting off topic! xP I saw Zombie Land recently. They really should make a sequel. OwO

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 AM

@ichigo: I like all sorts of asian films. Today I watched one called 'The Road Home" which was a romancey chinese film. It was good. I've seen the original Ju-on and Ringu films (the grudge and the ring). I have seen one called Cinderella, A Tale of Two Sisters, and 3- Extremes. And the 'Vengeance' Films.

Anything that catches my eye.

@Sha: Does the 3rd Eragon book start to suck? :(

I hated Breaking Dawn.

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:40 AM

I thought Zombieland was a let down. It was funny, but I think it was more dramatic than anything. Also, they made it out to be like they were going to be showing all these crazy, funny ways to kill zombies, and they didn't really :/

*Edit*

@Lor: Yeah, it kind starts to...really bite the dust. He starts going into the romance too much.

Also, I own a Tale of Two Sisters, I absolutely LOVE that movie!

Last edited by Shalandriel; 10-24-2009 at 05:42 AM..

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:40 AM

Ichigo8504: - is shocked - !! - has a seizure - !!
You really preferred the Twilight movie to the Harry Potter movies? Aaackh ! I despise Rowling's writing but the movies are soooo gooood, I just love sinking my teeth into them.. ahhh.. and, well, I could watch Alan Rickman and his billowing robes any time of the day. I'd clean his cauldrons for free.
Oh, and there are about twelve Cirque du Freak books. They're not too long but the series goes in a lot of different ways. If you're like.. above sixteen the writing might seem immature to you [as the Harry Potter books do to me] because the audience is for younger kids, but if you can get around that then read the books, for sure. They should be in your local bookstore, especially if your local bookstore is like Chapters.

I could teach Snape a thing or two about classroom etiquette. ;o

Rawr & Shalandriel: I love Zombieland, I'm having a zombie phase right now and this movie was perfect ! It was funny, had emotions, had plot, it was thorough and well done, I give it about a nine point five, maybe point seven..
A sequel would be really cool too, but there would probably be a main character death [sad face].

Lorwyn: Is Breaking Dawn the one where what's-her-face goes into depression mode and the entire book is a black cloud over the reader's head?

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 10-24-2009 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Double Posting

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:45 AM

lol, no, that's new moon. Breaking Dawn is the final one. It's not that I didn't like zombieland, I was just expecting more. :3

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Rawr: Do not read the House of the Night series ! Stop now ! Don't waste another second ! The main character is a giant Mary Sue ! Run for your lyyyyyyyyyyyyfe !

Oh yeah, Breaking Dawn was really predictable. The minute the guy who could 'sense other vampires' powers' was introduced I knew how the book would end. It was so lame. Unbelievable. And stupid. They definitely should have fought and killed what's-her-face and then Edward could settle down with an intelligent woman who isn't just described as intelligent but is actually. That might be nice. You know, maybe.

Last edited by Harley Q; 10-24-2009 at 05:50 AM..

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:49 AM

XD Has anyone seen the movie Vampire Diarys? I wasn't too sure of it at first, but I sat through it and really ended up liking it.

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 AM

Even though they are a bit young for my tastes I really like The House of Night books. I read on her site they were actually signing rights for it to become a movie or series. I love P.C. Casts more 'adult' books, such as Divine by Mistake.

I was oh so excited to watch Vampire Diaries. I only watched the first episode.

Blood and Chocolate? Hated it. Book was fantabulous but the movie was totally different. OMG I wanted to leave the theatre.

Tale of two sisters freaked me out. I was totally a sissy because they just jumped out at you like the Grudge. I just can't watch that movie. I'm scared for a week to be in the dark.

Edit:

@ Harley: I agree with you totally one the Breaking Dawn. I like book Edward, but honestly Rob isn't hot enough for me. So I'm Team Jacob for the movie.

Last edited by Lorwynmoontide; 10-24-2009 at 05:53 AM..

Shalandriel
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 05:55 AM

I absolutely loved it! It had drama, tragedy, the paranormal, psychological, everything.

I haven't seen Blood and Chocolate.

I've been following the series "Eastwick" and I'm loving it <3

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 05:59 AM

I've seen Blood and Chocolate a couple times. It's good in places but it's just not great. It's a movie for a lazy afternoon when you're doing something else but the tele's on and you're only half watching whatever's on.

I didn't like the Vampire Diaries and I knew I wouldn't, I can tell it's going to be just like all those other teenage girl dramas except with vampires, and the vampire thing is getting old [Vampire Diaries, Twilight, Cirque du Freak, all big things, all at once].
But on the subject of teenage girl dramas.. I like Gossip Girl, I especially like Ed Westwick. So Lorwyn, if you're looking for a boy hotter than ol' Robbie take a look at Eddie. He's also in a band. Oh, and he has an English accent. I swear, it's like he was made for me.

||Rawr~Suppie||
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 AM

@Harley Q: I know, I really can't stand her preppy-ness. xP But I love how dark everything else is. c:< About Zombie Land: If they do, I hope it's not Pacific, I LOVE Abigail Breslin! D:

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 10-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Eddie eh? (Just googled him) He does more for me than Rob. I'll tell ya a hot Vamp. Spike from Buffy. I about died when I saw him. Oh oh oh! Jonathan Rhys Meyer would make a hot vamp! We are not woooorthy!!! He can be my Edward any day. :insane:

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2009, 06:05 AM

Rawr: It's not just her preppy ness, it's that, going to this new school, she's immediately liked by everyone, has everything handed to her, starts sleeping with everything even though she's such a good person and such a thorough virgin. It's so cliche and.. contradictory, and just plain unbelievable. I can't get into stories that don't make sense.
Which is another reason I liked Zombieland: there were a lot of good rules in that movie.

Oh oh oh ! I know Meyer from Bend it like Beckham ! That was such a splendid film ! And yes, he's certainly a fine specimen.
I grew up watching Buffy and Spike made me melt. Yumm.
Have you ever read Wuthering Heights? Ed Westwick is going to play Heathcliffe in a new making of it that should come out next year.. I think.

Is anyone excited about Alice in Wonderland?

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 10-24-2009 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Double Posting