KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 AM

Welcome all and I apologize deeply for my disappearance, the Holidays are a turbulent time for me I'm afraid.

Xellora, I would advertise and do art for this epic tale you are wanting to weave, we can flatten the pathetic faerie boy and his "vampire romance" with the awesomeness that is the rainbow zombie lover and his fuzzy newt friend!

The question of the night has been updated and I will add new Lore shortly, for those who are interested.

KageShio

Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 PM

I am still offering free art to those who wish to inquire.

Xellora
Savvy?
Send a message via AIM to Xellora Send a message via MSN to Xellora

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
If the darkness and the beings that love it do not frighten you, what does?
I'm not a frightful person. I can accept and enjoy countless things.. but one thing that always seems to unnerve me more so than other trivial things is fear itself. Once I begin to look deeply into it, the very idea could be well... frightful. As Lovecraft once noted "the oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear". The man who fears is a dangerous one... lets open our minds for a second and think about it... there are different kinds of fears all leading to different kinds of reactions right? The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - I've read a story of a man, or woman my memory fails me at the moment, who removed a boulder from a child. It was fear for the child's life that she was able to harness the strength. It's also safe to say those who are frightened will strike out in multiple ways - verbally as well as physically. It's nature... it's how we are written.

An interesting quote to ponder, and a good example of a form of retaliation through fear, is as follows:

Quote:
"A man who has been in danger,
When he comes out of it forgets his fears,
And sometimes he forgets his promises."
As noted by Euripides in Iphigenia in Tauris

I leave you to dissect that as you will. In fear thrives betrayal, man will hunt man. Through fear countless perish, wars wage, the unimaginable is obtainable through this natural emotion. Ignorance is another but the way I see it, at the core of ignorance, lies its ever beating heart - Fear.

Kageshio, that would be amazing if you could do the art for my story! I will get on it as soon as possible, it will be a Morbid Curiosity exclusive for now :)

I'm also interested in some art, if you're willing and have the time of course.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-22-2010 at 02:47 PM..

ApathyOne

Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Well I'm just going to wander in here and say that, this thread really caught my eye and I live the vibes I get from it! I guess I can answer a few of the questions on the first page to give an idea of myself:

Quote:
What draws you in to the scene of the Morbid, Dark and Gothic curiosities?
I have always been a unique being. I always found beauty and joy in the odd and abnormal. I was always one to go against the grain. I guess what drew me in was my love of horror to start, I'm a scream queen to the bone and it progressed as I got older.

Quote:
How do you show your "darkside"?
I believe that I show my darkside in my humor, my facial expressions and sometimes, with the clothing or accessories I wear. I have a dry, wry, witty humor at times, sometimes it teeters on the edge of being mean haha

Quote:
Actually, I am afraid of spiders but I'm working on that. Outside of that, I don't really have that many fears. Heights don't bother me, I've been to an autopsy, and really there isn't much that frightens me.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-22-2010 at 02:53 PM..

KageShio

Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 AM

Xellora-- And Dissect it I will! A lovely tidbit of brain juice you have given us there, thank you. As for the free art, what do you have in mind?

Apathy, Welcome to Morbid Curiosity! I am glad to hear the vibes my abode gives are pleasing to you, I try to make it welcoming and "homey" for us Nightlings.

as for the rest of you, Do you enjoy reading the Lore of the Dark? I would like to know whether to keep it or not.

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!
Send a message via MSN to BonesTheHeretic

Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 AM

Hello! Not sure if this is a place for me, but hey, it has a cool name and I love writing horror. More psychological then body horror or gore.

I'm not so much a gothic person, but I definitely could be described as dark in personality. Sarcastic, pessimistic, morbid and self deprecating. Also slightly twisted, and endlessly curious.

I suppose I'll answer the most recent question.

Quote:
Uhm... Turbulence in planes, for one. Even though I adore flying.

Speaking of great heights, here's a little tidbit. Even though I am more then slightly afraid of heights, I simultaneously love them, and have never had a "falling dream". Lots of flying ones though.

I am fascinated by loopholes, and the origin of various words.

Now you all know several very random facts about me.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-22-2010 at 02:56 PM..

KageShio

Old 01-22-2010, 05:22 AM

Welcome, Bones. Don't fear if you are not "meant" for this thread, Morbid is the Home of all lovers of the dark, mysterious and misunderstood. You don't have to be one way or another to be welcome here.

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!
Send a message via MSN to BonesTheHeretic

Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 AM

Ah yes, the welcoming night. I've always found the darkness to be an accepting place.

I read this majority of the lore you have posted, by the way, all but the one on Naga, which I'll have to look at later. Definitely intriguing, especially some of the more obscure vamp ones. I like the idea of a doomed child, fated from birth but seemingly normal until death.

(Love the quote, Vanidar)

EDIT: Have I killed it?? NO! Come back thread!

Last edited by BonesTheHeretic; 01-28-2010 at 07:26 AM..

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-21-2010, 06:23 PM

lol, heya :3 anyways. I skimmed through the first page and saw a topic I was thinking about a while back. Did you know that in the West (as in europe/west end of the world) that the "Lamia" was also considered this demon that had goat feet? It's on the video of "Drag me to Hell". Very nice demonic/possession movie, makes me wanna check out the Exorsist :d It also makes me wanna read the bible and all the nice little tales about angels and demons <3

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 AM

Hello LaVida and welcome to Morbid Curiosity. I did, in fact, know about the western Lamia, but I had decided to focus more on the Indonesian lore, since it came well before the western tales. But have you noticed the use of Goats and Snakes in lore? They oft are replaced by one another or are seen as representing the same creature/ Deity.

Bones, If you do wander back to Morbid Curiosity soon, I wish to apologize for my absence, life had taken more of my free time than I liked.

And Vanidar, If you are still around, I have gotten my tablet back into working order and have begun working on your requested free art once again.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM

hmm... really? I thought goats were sacrificial while snakes where known for deception and stuff like that...

but anyways, I remember a part of Anita Blake where she saw a Naga that was skinned o.o

Last edited by LaVida; 03-22-2010 at 12:53 AM..

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 AM

Ah, I remember that as well. Delightfully gruesome! Oh and perhaps you would like to help me, I need another creature or spirit to add to Lore of the Night. Do you have any suggestions?

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 AM

lol, I'm surprised you haven't looked into the werewolf yet XD and the Manticore's a nice one too :3 <---although that may be on a smaller subject scale :P

by the way, sorry it's taking so long to reply, my computer takes forever to load :(

Last edited by LaVida; 03-22-2010 at 03:00 AM..

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 AM

I wanted to wait until the full moon before going into Weres and other strange happenings at that time. Manticores could be interesting, though you're right, it is a small topic. Perhaps I should broaden it to all the smaller Greek and Roman creatures? That could be interesting, I also have a large amount of information on them as is.

Oh and don't fret about not posting quickly, I have just been bouncing back and forth from baking a cake so I was on the slower end as well.

Last edited by KageShio; 03-22-2010 at 02:05 AM..

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 AM

wow, a cake @_@ that reminds me, I gotta bake some cookies soon :d need some sweet snacks X3

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 AM

It was just a simple cake for a friend's brother's birthday. I'm displeased with the frosting however. No matter, It tastes just fine as is. Baking is another one of my loves, along with cooking all kinds of food. I have many, many interests, you see.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM

What a delightfully morbid place you have here.

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Hello, Him_Rock and welcome to Morbid Curiosity. I am glad you find my humble abode to be to your liking.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM

Thankyou for the welcome. How are you ?

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 04:19 PM

I'm doing quite well so far today, it has been calm and getting warmer by the hour. And yourself?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 PM

I've been good. It's nice to see a place with folklore on the front page.

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM

I thought so too. Rather than just offer a place to talk, why not open the mind and fuel the thoughts? I want Morbid Curiosity to be more than just chatter, thus I offer information, facts, links to other sites, and even art. Someday I hope for this to be as wonderful of a place to be as the larger hangout threads, so people can wander in and just talk, whether I am here or not.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 04:36 PM

There are a few people on here who are interested in things like that and it'll be somewhere to get variations on folklore and urban legends.

KageShio

Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM

Yes, and I hope to make more people interested, it's good brain food.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM

People normally turn up when there's a couple of hundred pages it seems people don't like joining threads which are just starting out for some reason.