zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 AM

Yes, of course. :ninja:

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Ooh, I found your thread through Inso's thread. I have three cats and a stepcat. Let's post some kitties!

Here's Jaya:

Yes? by lunar.daughter, on Flickr

Here's Casimir:

Casimir by lunar.daughter, on Flickr

Here's Hannelore:

Hannelore by lunar.daughter, on Flickr

Here's Max:

Max by lunar.daughter, on Flickr

Here's my grandmother's cat Cali:

Cali by lunar.daughter, on Flickr

So much for being ran over by pikachus. I flooded you with cats!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm perfectly happy to be flooded with kitties. :D

They're so photogenic. Niku does not want to stay still to have her picture taken unless she's already laying down. That's why I have so many snoozing pictures of her ^_^;;

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM

My method is to take lots of random shots and weed out the ones that aren't great. So for every picture I have online there's five or six pictures that were deleted from the camera. My cats are so lazy! It's hard to get great action shots of them.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM

I do that too, but with a dog that doesn't want to sit still and a camera that sucks, I have a lot of failures. The picture in the thread banner is rather atrociously out of focus, but I had to use it because Mene was in the background!

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM

:XD I thought it had Mene in the background on purpose! I think it's an awesome picture, out of focus or not. :)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM

That's why I picked that particular picture. I have a bunch of pictures of Niku in my lap during the last Celes Paradi event. That one was the best of the bunch and it is woefully fuzzy. ^_^;; But I had to use it!

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM

I should get a picture of my cat sleeping on the printer or the keyboard sometime. We don't have a monitor thick enough for her to sleep on anymore and at first she was an unhappy kitty about that. She did not like the new monitor and kept trying to jump on top of it. :sweat: :XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 04:47 PM

Oh man, I think I'd kill my dog is she decided to walk around on my computer desk. There's so much crap up here. No pets on the computer desk!

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 PM

I reserve space for my cats on my computer desk. :sweat: It's just the way our family works - there's always a cat on the computer desk if there's a human working at the desk.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM

There's just too many wires. I wouldn't trust them. Plus I have random bits of junk everywhere. x_x

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2010, 05:40 PM

We train 'em while they're young that they're not allowed to chew on the wires or play with them. The cats caught on quicker to that lesson than baby is. :stare:

So how did you come up with the names for your furry ones?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 06:02 PM

I do not envy the training of a baby. After all, they take years to raise and kittens grow up in one if you're lucky.

Well, Scutter was originally my grandfather's dog. He used to have a boat and supposedly Scutter somehow related to it? We called her Scutter Butter or the lick monster because she licked everything x_x

For Niku, I wasn't sure what to name her. I was going for something different and my friends had all sorts of suggestions. Aoi, Japanese for blue because of her eye. I thought about Maru, Japanese for perfect (or circle) but I live in the south and I knew everyone would mangle it and call her May-ruuuu or something like that. Ugh. I went with Niku in the end because it's harder to flub up. It was taken from the name of an original character I have, but if you want to get technical, it means Meat in Japanese :sweat:

I never think of meat when I call her that though. She's just Niku or Niku Piku or Princess Puppy Pants or countless other nicknames I have for her. Snuggle butt. Monkey butt. Pooshka. Nini. The list goes on!

Anyway, how about you? Where do your kitties get their names?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Jaya means "god" in Hindi, Casimir means "destroyer of peace" in what I don't remember, Lt Hannelore Poofytail got her name from an in-joke and a character from the webcomic Questionable Content and I don't know how Max got his name - he's my partner's cat. Cali got her name from being a calico cat. Not very original but not my cat to name either.

Jaya is the top cat in the house and Casimir likes to play with your hair somewhere around 3 am every night. It started when he was a kitten and we haven't been able to get him to stop. Hanners is very much like the character she was named after; she jumps at anything and everything and used to be afraid of her own shadow. She's a very neurotic cat.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Our previous family dog, Puddin', who was Scutter's companion for a good ten years, liked to play hair dresser and she'd like your hair into an interesting hair do. She wasn't like Scutter, licking everything in sight, she's just calmly lick your hair into a stylish dog lick.

Niku is a lot like me. Sometimes she's really affectionate and playful and other times she's anti-social. She loves to go outside and hunt lizards and just bake in the sun and meditate.

zazabar
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to zazabar

Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 AM

I miss having my own pets sometimes. But I just don't have the time to take care of them properly right now, and I don't want to be one of those owners that just feeds the dog and then doesn't do anything with it, D:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 AM

My aunt is that kind of dog owner right now. Before, she had a cat. Now she has a dog that she has no idea what to do with and she works six days a week! So the dog is home along in a crate all damn day for six days a week! It's not like she intends to be mean to the dog, but she's too attached to give it away now. She should have gotten another cat.

zazabar
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 AM

Meh. Even with a cat, I would still feel bad leaving it alone all the time. All pets need time and compassion, ;-;

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Cat owners always like to point out that they can leave their cats at home for a few days at a time, unlike a dog that needs a pet sitter or kennel. My old roomie would leave her cat at home while we went to anime conventions for the weekend.

zazabar
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 AM

Just because you can doesn't mean you should, :rofl:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Well, I've never owned a cat, but the common sentiment seems to be "They can take care of themselves."

zazabar
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM

I've owned cats. And yeah. They are pretty fine if you leave them on their own, as long as you leave enough food and water to last. But if you do that a lot, don't expect a happy pet when you come around.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-26-2010, 06:49 AM

Yeah. They'll just turn feral and eat your face off in your sleep!

zazabar
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 AM

Where can I get a waffle cone that size? :O

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-26-2010, 07:03 AM

I was thinking it might be a Bugle, but it could also be just the snipped bottom of a regular sugar cone. Or heck, even home made.